The UAE Royalty 2: June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read on Roberts page that Sheikh Rashid has an American girl-friend since some years back I don't know anything about Hamdan's marital status. I'm pretty sure that the relationship will not end in marriage but still (by happenstance) what if Rashid wanted to take her hand; would Sheikh Mo ever consent to his eldest son marrying an American?

Originally posted by La la@Jun 6th, 2004 - 9:45 am
I just read on Roberts page that Sheikh Rashid has an American girl-friend since some years back I don't know anything about Hamdan's marital status. I'm pretty sure that the relationship will not end in marriage but still (by happenstance) what if Rashid wanted to take her hand; would Sheikh Mo ever consent to his eldest son marrying an American?
If the girlfriend's daddy was rich and powerful-probably. However, I seriously doubt it if she was a commoner.

Also I saw a photo of Shk Mansoor-the lucky groom for one of Shk Mo's daughter. Quite a nice looking guy but definately a few years older than her.

Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:54 am
Thank you so much for all the info Silver Charm :flower: ! I will definitely look into all the information you gave me... I'm not really sure what my focus is - as I said, learn as much as I can, history, goals of the sport and work my way up from there. How did you get into it and how long have you been in the sport? Do you attend races often and what is that like?
And thank you so much for offering your help... :flower:
I live in North America.... it's a sport that's starting to be mentioned on the local news where I am, in the same segments as Basketball or Baseball.... so I think it's popularity is growing somewhat...

Thanks, Bibi :flower:
Start by reading Horse Heaven. It lays everything out for you in a nice format.

However, my intro to racing was a boring as hell job at EDS where I used to leave in the middle of the day for 'off site meetings' and go to the track at Lone Star. There is a big difference between going to the everyday races and going to the 'big' races. Completely different clientele & atmosphere.

Read the book. It's a good read.

Also there is a book about the Maktoums. It is called 'Desert to the Derby'. It's an awful book and it was made without the cooperation of the Maktoum family so the whole thing is like reading the sports pages. Not informative at all. The Mak family is so powerful no one will talk about them on the record for fear of retribution (namely not doing business with them).

Also the Godolphin website is incredibly informative if you read it knowing that most of it is self serving hype.

Are they already wedded or are they going to? I believe that the Emiratis get married as soon as possible after the engagement (asking for the bride's hand). Is he about 5 years older than her? I thought the bin Zayeds get married at an early age. I remember that Mohammed bin Zayed was only 20 when he first got married and so did Hamdan bin Zayed.

Originally posted by La la@Jun 6th, 2004 - 10:02 am
Are they already wedded or are they going to? I believe that the Emiratis get married as soon as possible after the engagement (asking for the bride's hand). Is he about 5 years older than her? I thought the bin Zayeds get married at an early age. I remember that Mohammed bin Zayed was only 20 when he first got married and I think the same goes for Hamdan bin Zayed.
No telling.

The only way to find out is to ask someone directly involved.

Anyways isn't kinda creepy to be marrying the brother of someone your father wanted to marry? :wacko:

You have probably already figured this out: I think Mo's men have spotted Rashid with his ladylove since long and gossiped about it to Mo, but Mo has probably turned a deaf ear to that simply because men-can-do-whatever-they-want and Rashid will ultimately marry a Sheikha anyways.

How unfair to sheikha Shamsa!

Originally posted by La la@Jun 6th, 2004 - 12:22 pm
You have probably already figured this out: I think Mo's men have spotted Rashid with his ladylove since long and gossiped about it to Mo, but Mo has probably turned a deaf ear to that simply because men-can-do-whatever-they-want and Rashid will ultimately marry a Sheikha anyways.

How unfair to sheikha Shamsa!
Doubt it. If she's a babe-I'm sure SRashid would rub his father's face in his successful conquest. But you're right. He'll marry a sheikha and will probably carry on with his girlfriend.

Like father, like son.

There are two big weddings coming up in the Emirates.

1) Shk Mo to Princess Haya
2) Shk Mo's daughter to Shk Zayed's son

Both of them will undoubtedly be over-the-top affairs.

Which one would you like to be invited to?

Think decorations, gossip, royal spotting & pure 'oh wow'........

So they will have a 'wedding' or rather a 'reception' with gala and gaiety galore.

Sheikh Mo's and PHaya's 'wedding' of course. I'd LOVE to see/watch their wedding ceremony cuz everyone knows about Mo's creativity: if he will be paying even as much as an ounce of attention to her at all on their wedding day. I suppose they won't broadcast it. I have never been to an Emirati wedding before (I haven't even been to the Middle East). Have you? Do you think Hind will come? Will his children attend it?

In my presonal opinion, none of these weddings come across as all that impressive. Can someone post a picture of the future bride groom, bin Zayed's son, what is his name? CP Mo is old. It would be like looking at a father marry his daughter, yuk, but I don't know anything about his daughter or future son-in-law, whats his name. But if given a choice I would attend PHaya's wedding because I am sure Prince Ali will be in attendness and he will help me through the nauseating event.

Silver Charm, have you read 'the thread' dedicated to you on membersboard by Akilah?

Originally posted by La la@Jun 6th, 2004 - 1:58 pm
Silver Charm, have you read 'the thread' dedicated to you on membersboard by Akilah?
Yep, sent her a msg via PM.

I'm currently trying to figure out why ActionScript hates me. What have I done to it? So somehow this post from you made me laugh like a fool.

Oh don't worry about SMo having to tolerate the site of his lovely bride. Emirati's celebrate their weddings segregated. The boys play with the boys and the girls with the girls. Kinda seems like a nice thing to do on your wedding nite-hang out with your friends and not your spouse.

Looking for photos of Shk Mansoour. Found one the other day and can't remember where now.

I remember Layla posted a close-up picture of Sheikh Mansour in our previous thread also dedicated to our dashing dudes "The of the UAE".

SMansour

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that I cannot access this one!

But this is the picture I was alluding to.

Originally posted by La la@Jun 6th, 2004 - 2:41 pm
I think I speak for everyone when I say that I cannot access this one!

But this is the picture I was alluding to.
Oh many apologies. I'm not going to post on LTR for fear of Bear shutting the site down just so we can have a good oggle. So I posted it in the ME_Royalty board I started when LTR went down.

Umm...I don't know what else to tell you. Sorry for the inconvienence (did I spell that right?).

I logged in on my account to access the picture as I the link did't work. Does he look like that? ;) I mean, I know of women that oh-ah when seeing him but judging by this pic ...

I'm sure Bear will understand ^_^

Hello I am new to the site. I was up late at night the other evening and ran accross your message board. I am new to this, is there a place where you get together and chat?

I was in Dubai 2 summers ago (it was sooooo hot there) and I spotted Shk Hamdan with his bodygards and two American girls at Wild Wadi, the water park. I think one was Shk Rashids girlfriend but I don't know who the other one was she looked like she could be part emerati but they both spoke with an American accent. They were both sooo beautiful and looked like they were having so much fun.

Welcome to da site and feel home and free to exchange tidbits with us girl! I read your post on the messageboard-something. Ladies men – you mean womanizers. B) Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? Are you Emirati?

I am not Emerati but I have been to Dubai several times. It is a really amazing place are you Emerati?

you can't chat on ltr.

also i don't think anyone is emirati on this board besides cococola-WHO HAS DISAPPEARED!!!????!!!!

Originally posted by Noura@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:05 pm
I am not Emerati but I have been to Dubai several times. It is a really amazing place are you Emerati?
it is an amazing place as long as you don't look behind the carefully polished veneer. i'm not being bitter & twisted. i love the place but hate the hype.

ohh....the thought of fatafeet stirs my belly like nothing on this planet......

LOL!! I was trying to be polite but yes womanizers!!! I heard Mo has a really bad rep. Money, power and good looks what can you expect. I wonder if they every really fall in love or is it all about makeing money and keeping the blood "pure". It seems from the out side looking in a bit sad and shallow dosn't it. Maybe I am being judgemental.

How do you think Hind feels about Haya? I mean she has alot of kids and is she just home alone all the time and he is off running around with his new wife? I like Haya I think she is not at fault but it's all a bit unfair to Hind don't you think.

Hi Everyone.....
What could possibly be said about the Maktoums that could cause severe retributions?
Surely if Rashid is really in love.... Perhaps Mo figures his son is young yet - why forbid him from dating whomever he wants - knowing if he forbids it, Rashid may do it anyways.....

Originally posted by silver charm+Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silver charm @ Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Noura@Jun 6th, 2004 - 5:05 pm
it is an amazing place as long as you don't look behind the carefully polished veneer. i'm not being bitter & twisted. i love the place but hate the hype.

ohh....the thought of fatafeet stirs my belly like nothing on this planet...... [/b][/quote]
LOL sooooooooo true. Nice place for vacation but I wouldn't want to live there. It is a bit interesting and quite facinating but also a bit disconcerning. There is quite a thick "veneer" isn't there. After finding out alot about the Sheiks and even the stuff I have read about other Royals (ie princess Diana and company) you start to think that all manarchies are a bit well "veneered"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom