The UAE Royalty 2: June 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:07 am
Thank you so much Layla :flower: !!!!! They are gorgeous aren't they... well, Jassim :heart: is.... With some work, Tamim can be hot!!!!!!! :innocent:
My pleasure sweetheart. Jassim is hot.... I still have my doubts as to Tamim. Sometimes he is ok, and sometimes he is .... you know.... photoshop material. ;)

Originally posted by Layla@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:24 am
Houri: I am a 'thoroughbred' (just thought I would use a term that is kinda related to the great UAE) Persian, but I travel to the Mid East (especially UAE) quite a bit.

I have attended many weddings in Dubai and Sharjah, from conservative Bedouins to the more liberated business families. There is a slight difference but on a whole they are all very similar.

Last wedding I went to in DXB, the Hyatt ballroom was turned into a tropical island. I mean with fresh plants and flowers! It was so beautiful it looked ostentatious. Anyway, the bride was brought in with the singer Ahlam (UAE popular singer). I think there were about 1500 guests (Sheikhas included) and I bet they had mostly come to see Ahlam. There were custom made chocolates made in Switzerland with pics of the bride and groom on them. The dresses and jewellery of the ladies were fom the 1001 Nights. We just stayed till Ahlam finished a few songs and then TOOK OFF!

In Bahrain it was different. The bride and groom were at the door greeting their guests. Once everyone was seated, they opened the dance floor with a waltz and then the beat became Arabic. The bride and groom then took rounds and sat at each table making small talk with the guests. Totally different than the UAE, where the bride does a walk down the catwalk as if she were a model (to show her gown), and then sits in her "koosha" and others need to go up to her to congratulate her.

dear layla I just ask you about your nationality هل انتي عربيه ؟ :flower:

and ahlam waaaaaaw that's fun

it seem that wedding was very expensive

That's what one of my friends said (who happens to be Emirati). By the time everyone, and I mean everyone, had interefered in her wedding, she had a full-fledged hotel ceremony with the tackiest touches imagineable. I remember a Lebanese friend who was also attending..... the look on her face was worth a million dollars. It was her first time in an Emirati wedding and all she said was "what is this?"...

SC: tacky is an understatement. Here are some themes of the weddings I have attended.... there was the tropical island one I explained before.... then there was a underwater one (the koosha/catwalk was surrounded by ceramic dolphins..... there was a Greco-Roman one (the bride was raised from underneath the stage on her Grecian canopy with smoke floating all a round)... and then there was this other wedding where the bride's dress was sooooooo heavy because of the handiwork that she couldn't go up the steps. One of her friends stood behind her and acted as support to her back so that she wouldn't fall on her back. But they have toned down recently. Weddings are smaller, less tacky and they are beginning to dance a little more.

Originally posted by houri@Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:15 am

dear layla I just ask you about your nationality هل انتي عربيه ؟  :flower: 

and ahlam waaaaaaw that's fun

it seem that wedding was very expensive
Houri, ana Irania. Sorry I don't have Arabic keyboard to type in Arabic (and then possibly get a warning from the Admins :rolleyes: ). I speak Arabic fluently though. :flower:

The Ahlam wedding cost 1 million dollars! Ahlam alone charged 250,000 Dirhams for an hour of singing. The flowes were imported from Holland and the chocolates custom made for 1500 people in Switzerland! Then there was the jewelry and the rest.....

when I was studying at high school one of my best friends was Irania :heart:

Hehehehe, YUP!!!!!!! :lol:
:innocent: He needs a serious makeover - a total overhall.... I don't understand why he lets his hair fly around au naturel! :unsure: there's some potential there... at least sometimes he looks like there's potential.... if not to be attractive, then to be sexy :blush: .... ahem..... but where to begin... where to begin!!!!! :p......
Sheikh Ahmed should give him some weight training lessons.... We can work on the skin, hair and face later :p

Jassim got his Mom's looks.... and the way he carries himself, he's so beautiful, sexy and elegant..... not to mention the picture of him at Sandhurst :heart: ;)

:flower:

<span style='color:purple'>SALAAM to everyone of you!</span>

For all of u, who r not related to the MIDEAST- Where does this big interest into the gulf & co. comes from? Amazing to see such a overwhelming response.. Realy amazing!

Regards
:heart:

Originally posted by silver charm@Jun 10th, 2004 - 8:44 am
As I like to say, the wedding is the end of the fairytale and the beginning of a good story.
I agree with you there! Although I like *other* people's weddings!

Originally posted by Layla@Jun 11th, 2004 - 6:50 am
Thanks Gobsmacked for the info. Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed is a carbon copy of Maktoum bin Mohammed.

They are carbon copies of their momma, actually. Same round soft face and big soulful eyes. However, what I remember of Hind is she is not so....ummm.....luscious as her daughter.

Originally posted by Layla@Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:50 am
Thanks Gobsmacked for the info. Sheikha Latifa bint Mohammed is a carbon copy of Maktoum bin Mohammed.

QueenB: no info on these two hunks yet. I have a Qatari friend whose father is a hot shot in the govt. She is currently out of town. Once I get my hands on her, I'll see what I can collect on your beloved Jassim & Tamim.
Yep, they are 'identical' and they don't look anything like Rashid, Hamdan, Maitha etc. so I naturally always thought they were not Hind's children. Also, does anyone know whether Sheikha Mariam and Sheikha Shaikha are twins or not?

I absolutely loved those pictures. All those Sheikhas seem to have the same hair-cut, irrespective of who their father is, which as someone mentioned earlier reminds you of that of Mo's horses in particular. Quite a pity, cuz they all have very beautiful, thick hair that can be highlighted in different ways. On Zayed's Gratitude March all his (Mo's daughters) wore the same dresses (design) and they only way to tell them apart was by their height.

Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 11th, 2004 - 10:31 am
Does Sheikh Ahmed have his own site? :innocent:
Nope, he doesn't. He is not as narcissistic as Mo. :p

Originally posted by La la+Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:58 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (La la @ Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:58 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-QueenB@Jun 11th, 2004 - 10:31 am
Does Sheikh Ahmed have his own site?  :innocent:
Nope, he doesn't. He is not as narcissistic as Mo. :p [/b][/quote]
I've been meaning to comment on this Sheikh Mohammed site deal for a while but somehow always forget.

The site is part of one of SM's projects for UAE National development. It is the SM IT Training Centre (or something along those lines) that is aimed at improving the IT level in high schools. The effort was named after SM, and a site was setup to inform people about its progress etc. Somehow along the way, it got transformed into this "self-advertising" site for SM himself. Unlike other instances, he had nothing to do with this transformation. It's all those people working there who just want to win brownie points with him, thinking if they do this, he will favour them more (which may be possible...you never know). But to give the guy credit, he has nothing to do with this. In other words, even if you post him a message, he will not read it. I am quite sure about the accuracy of this info as it was relayed to me by a friend who works in the place.

Originally posted by Layla+Jun 12th, 2004 - 6:09 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Layla @ Jun 12th, 2004 - 6:09 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by La la@Jun 11th, 2004 - 11:58 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-QueenB
@Jun 11th, 2004 - 10:31 am
Does Sheikh Ahmed have his own site?  :innocent:

Nope, he doesn't. He is not as narcissistic as Mo. :p
I've been meaning to comment on this Sheikh Mohammed site deal for a while but somehow always forget.

The site is part of one of SM's projects for UAE National development. It is the SM IT Training Centre (or something along those lines) that is aimed at improving the IT level in high schools. The effort was named after SM, and a site was setup to inform people about its progress etc. Somehow along the way, it got transformed into this "self-advertising" site for SM himself. Unlike other instances, he had nothing to do with this transformation. It's all those people working there who just want to win brownie points with him, thinking if they do this, he will favour them more (which may be possible...you never know). But to give the guy credit, he has nothing to do with this. In other words, even if you post him a message, he will not read it. I am quite sure about the accuracy of this info as it was relayed to me by a friend who works in the place. [/b][/quote]
the shk mo.com site is owned and managed by him. he does also read the emails sent via the link. there could be others out there (possible the one you're refereing to) but the shkmo.com with the poetry and pics is his. how else is a bunch of kids in school going to get hold of his poetry and pics of his kids? neither one is publicly available. i will try to find the article in gulfnews relating to the website but it's all his baby.

Hi all ;) , Layla, I enjoyed reading the stories you relayed about the weddings you've attended, do you think Mo's wedding to Haya is going to be like any of them? I mean, Mo's said it's going to be a great celebration...

Lala, thanks for posting the picture of Hamdan... his acne is clearing up... but I think he looks cute with braces :blush: .........

Mo's poems and thoughts... no comment :innocent: :p I think it's brave of him to put them out there.... even if, ahem, sometimes they are something else :innocent: :lol:

I wonder why Emir Hamad doesn't have a site... or Sheikha Mouzah...

From Thoroughbred Times........

Kentucky World Trade Center honors KTOB, Creech, Sheikh Hamdan

The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders’ Inc., owner-breeder Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum, and international hay supplier Charles Creech were honored on Wednesday as part of the Kentucky World Trade Center’s World Trade Success Awards in Lexington.
The Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders and Creech received awards recognizing Kentucky-based companies for success in international trade.

Sheikh Hamdan, deputy ruler of Dubai and owner of Shadwell Farm in Lexington, was inducted into the World Trade Centers Association’s 2004 Book of Honor for promotion of world peace through trade initiatives. Rick Nichols, vice president and general manager of Shadwell, was to accept the award on Sheikh Hamdan’s behalf.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

SC, thanks for posting the endurance site link.. is that the one Princess Haya co founded with Mo's sons?

Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 12th, 2004 - 10:46 am
SC, thanks for posting the endurance site link.. is that the one Princess Haya co founded with Mo's sons?
I don't really know. Possibly but I don't think so. I thought the Haya+sons of Mo was a Jordanian/UAE thing not a global endurance thing. Really, I have no clue.

Originally posted by santal_blanc@Jun 11th, 2004 - 12:11 pm
<span style='color:purple'>SALAAM to everyone of you!</span>

For all of u, who r not related to the MIDEAST- Where does this big interest into the gulf & co. comes from? Amazing to see such a overwhelming response.. Realy amazing!

Regards
w/salaam to u.

We are all Gulf Royalty freaks for one or more of the reasons below:

1- Have lived in the region
2- visit the region
3- have friends from the region
4- have DISCOVERED some hot princes
5- are trying to learn more about the region

and more. But the top reason (and I think everyone will agree) is that we have discovered each other, and this is but an excuse for all of us to get together. :heart:

SC: I know the site belongs to him but I doubt he tells them what to put up there. What I meant previously is that the whole idea of the SM IT project thing has changed from an IT endeavour to his PA site.

QueenB: You have to attend one these weddings to know what I mean. :rolleyes: . All things aside, the Gulf people are really nice and hospitable. They will go out of their way to make you feel you are welcome.

QueenB... feast your eyes.....

A whole bunch of pics of Sheikh Tamim:

Site on Sheikh Tamim

A lot of great pics of him AND........his email!

Check out the pics in "Visit/France". He looks very nice in a suit!

(Also check out the Camel Racing one. Pics of Rashid bin Mo)

Do you think Jassem has a similar site dedicated to him?

is it time for a new thread.. ?
we usally start with a new thread after 10 pages but you all go through a thread so fast
I have not had the time to close this and start a new....

Originally posted by Josefine@Jun 13th, 2004 - 12:00 pm
is it time for a new thread.. ?
we usally start with a new thread after 10 pages but you all go through a thread so fast
I have not had the time to close this and start a new....
josefine-just a purely academic question. how big can a thread get until bear has a heartattack???

well if thre is a event such as wedding we do not close it but these kind of threads we close when it comes 10 - 15 pages it just becouse it is easier to modarate and to read for members..... it is hard work to go throught 30 - 50 pages....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom