The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 06-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 196
Quote:
Originally posted by pallas athina@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:52 pm
Layla!!!!!!!! I missed you. Be sure to bookmark the yahoo messageboard that is linked somewhere in this thread. We had a fun chat there over the weekend. So sad about the magazine; I can never get enough of my two fav sheikhs.

Love the picture of Hamdan. He's looking perfect as usual. SC, I have to agree with you. Our guys have presence.

As an aside, I'll be gone until Sunday after tonight so don't have too much fun without me.
Thank you sweetie. Missed you too!

I am in the yahoo group right now. What a great idea! Well done girls.

There are great pics of Sheikh Hamdan in the UAE papers following a decision/debate to naturalise non-UAE soccer players. Will try to post them tomorrow. Right now I need to get some sleep. BTW, anyone into soccer? Contrary to SC, soccer is my passion. And to top it all, my favourite Asian soccer team lost today.

Pallas Athina: take care sweetie and we'll keep the fire burning till you return.
__________________

__________________
<span style='color:green'>Those who teach me have my everlasting respect</span>
  #202  
Old 06-09-2004, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 196
Bingo&#33; Check out the favourite thread. I made my grand entrance there - lol.
__________________

__________________
<span style='color:green'>Those who teach me have my everlasting respect</span>
  #203  
Old 06-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
Girls:

To welcome Layla back-should we schedule some quality time at Yahoo tomorrow eve? 10:30 New York time is ideal for me. (My kid goes to bed at 10pm).

What you say?
__________________
  #204  
Old 06-09-2004, 08:10 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 55
Akilah, Hamdan has braces on the bottom of his teeth so I think what you are seeing is some type of glare off of them
__________________
  #205  
Old 06-09-2004, 08:12 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
hi Layla from where you are ?

I agree with you that every one in weddings in kuwait especially in ( badoin ) weddings dancing because that duty not choice that namely you share the family of groom and bride their happiness
__________________
  #206  
Old 06-09-2004, 08:54 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
Layla about weddings in uae maybe every tribe or family have their ways in celebrating

the important things what accept in your society or your tribe ?
__________________
  #207  
Old 06-09-2004, 09:23 PM
La la's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: -, Sweden
Posts: 905
Quote:
Originally posted by silver charm@Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:06 am
Girls:

To welcome Layla back-should we schedule some quality time at Yahoo tomorrow eve? 10:30 New York time is ideal for me. (My kid goes to bed at 10pm).

What you say?
Silver Charm, I&#39;d love to join you guys but I don&#39;t think I can make it at 10.30 New York time. It will be 4.30 here. We&#39;ll see. Layla, you&#39;re from London right?
__________________
  #208  
Old 06-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
I was under the impressiong that the UAE has alcohol and Kuwait has fun.
__________________
  #209  
Old 06-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
ummmm.....nevermind....
__________________
  #210  
Old 06-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
I&#39;m constantly connected and at the computer (the lone glory of a webdesign job). Just tell me when......Post on here or Yahoo your preferred time.
__________________
  #211  
Old 06-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 188
There you go...scheduling fun without me. :P

I have put the Hamdan rotten teeth rumor to rest. On our yahoo board, I have posted a picture of him. If you blow it up (which is always recommended), you can tell that he has braces on the bottom. His teeth are rather nice actually.
__________________
  #212  
Old 06-09-2004, 10:13 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
silver charm why you say that ?
__________________
  #213  
Old 06-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally posted by houri@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:13 pm
silver charm why you say that ?
Alcohol is an opiate to the boring. It makes people think something is fun when it is not because it impairs your reasoning. Whereas, all my friends from Kuwait talk about how nice it is there and how much fun people have with each other. My impression is that Kuwait is a nice place to live and Dubai is a nice place to visit.
__________________
  #214  
Old 06-09-2004, 10:45 PM
houri's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 689
the truth is there is no place like the gulf I mean not the place but the people
__________________
  #215  
Old 06-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 196
I will be ok for Saturday 22:00-23:00 GMT. I think that is 18:00 - 19:00 EST? Sunday I won&#39;t be able to chat....sorry girls. Anytime before that will also be ok.

La la: London it is

I am so spaced out.... all the coffee in the world will not make me wake up.
__________________
<span style='color:green'>Those who teach me have my everlasting respect</span>
  #216  
Old 06-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Layla@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:01 am
I will be ok for Saturday 22:00-23:00 GMT. I think that is 18:00 - 19:00 EST? Sunday I won&#39;t be able to chat....sorry girls. Anytime before that will also be ok.

La la: London it is

I am so spaced out.... all the coffee in the world will not make me wake up.
try eating apples. they have more &#39;pick me up&#39; than coffee.

will try to get the girls together.....
__________________
  #217  
Old 06-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 196
Houri: I am a &#39;thoroughbred&#39; (just thought I would use a term that is kinda related to the great UAE) Persian, but I travel to the Mid East (especially UAE) quite a bit.

I have attended many weddings in Dubai and Sharjah, from conservative Bedouins to the more liberated business families. There is a slight difference but on a whole they are all very similar.

Last wedding I went to in DXB, the Hyatt ballroom was turned into a tropical island. I mean with fresh plants and flowers&#33; It was so beautiful it looked ostentatious. Anyway, the bride was brought in with the singer Ahlam (UAE popular singer). I think there were about 1500 guests (Sheikhas included) and I bet they had mostly come to see Ahlam. There were custom made chocolates made in Switzerland with pics of the bride and groom on them. The dresses and jewellery of the ladies were fom the 1001 Nights. We just stayed till Ahlam finished a few songs and then TOOK OFF&#33;

In Bahrain it was different. The bride and groom were at the door greeting their guests. Once everyone was seated, they opened the dance floor with a waltz and then the beat became Arabic. The bride and groom then took rounds and sat at each table making small talk with the guests. Totally different than the UAE, where the bride does a walk down the catwalk as if she were a model (to show her gown), and then sits in her "koosha" and others need to go up to her to congratulate her.
__________________
<span style='color:green'>Those who teach me have my everlasting respect</span>
  #218  
Old 06-10-2004, 09:37 AM
La la's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: -, Sweden
Posts: 905
Very interesting&#33; :flower:
__________________
  #219  
Old 06-10-2004, 09:44 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
Quote:
Originally posted by Layla@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:24 am
Houri: I am a &#39;thoroughbred&#39; (just thought I would use a term that is kinda related to the great UAE) Persian, but I travel to the Mid East (especially UAE) quite a bit.

I have attended many weddings in Dubai and Sharjah, from conservative Bedouins to the more liberated business families. There is a slight difference but on a whole they are all very similar.

Last wedding I went to in DXB, the Hyatt ballroom was turned into a tropical island. I mean with fresh plants and flowers&#33; It was so beautiful it looked ostentatious. Anyway, the bride was brought in with the singer Ahlam (UAE popular singer). I think there were about 1500 guests (Sheikhas included) and I bet they had mostly come to see Ahlam. There were custom made chocolates made in Switzerland with pics of the bride and groom on them. The dresses and jewellery of the ladies were fom the 1001 Nights. We just stayed till Ahlam finished a few songs and then TOOK OFF&#33;

In Bahrain it was different. The bride and groom were at the door greeting their guests. Once everyone was seated, they opened the dance floor with a waltz and then the beat became Arabic. The bride and groom then took rounds and sat at each table making small talk with the guests. Totally different than the UAE, where the bride does a walk down the catwalk as if she were a model (to show her gown), and then sits in her "koosha" and others need to go up to her to congratulate her.
Personally, I&#39;m not a fan of weddings (mine was painful enough). I do enjoy a good anniversary celebration. As I like to say, the wedding is the end of the fairytale and the beginning of a good story.

I&#39;ve heard horrendous things about UAE weddings, namely they are boring & tacky.

Houri, you are right people in the gulf are beyond compare.
__________________
  #220  
Old 06-10-2004, 09:50 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 277
wam alert-sons of mo & SA
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The UAE Royalty 4: August-September 2004 samitude Current Events Archive 159 09-28-2004 07:18 PM
The UAE Royalty 3: June-July 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 181 08-01-2004 11:40 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman palace poland pom pregnancy president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:28 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]