The UAE Royalty 1: May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akilah

Aristocracy
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, but I have a question. Does anyone of you know if the former heir apparent of Qatar, Sheihk Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani and his brother Tamim are married? I also pose this question in regrads to Princess Haya's two step-sons, Sheihks, Rashid and Hamdan. I find Sheihk Jassim and Sheihk Rashid quite striking? Yet, I can only find tibits of information about them on the net. I am hoping that one of you can fill me in as to all four of these young men's martial status? Are all of them to young to be talking marriage, but yeah, Prince Hamzah of Jordan is already married, and he is not even twenty-five.

Thank you to all that respond. ;)

Originally posted by Akilah@May 5th, 2004 - 1:16 am
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, but I have a question.  Does anyone of you know if the former heir apparent of Qatar, Sheihk Jassim bin Hamad Al-Thani and his brother Tamim are married?  I also pose this question in regrads to Princess Haya's two step-sons, Sheihks, Rashid and Hamdan.  I find Sheihk Jassim and Sheihk Rashid quite striking?  Yet, I can only find tibits of information about them on the net.  I am hoping that one of you can fill me in as to all four of these young men's martial status?  Are all of them to young to be talking marriage, but yeah, Prince Hamzah of Jordan is already married, and he is not even twenty-five.

Thank you to all that respond. ;)
Hi

I don't have an answere to your question, but in the "Point de Vue" that featured Haya's wedding there is info on the various UAE. THought you might like to know anyway
PS you really wanna marry an Arab royalty ;) Just consider how much work you have to put in a wedding contract alone. LOL find a nice Arab look a like (most of these princes are probably spoiled to death any way :p )

I don't think the 2 maktoums are married yet, and have no idea of the Qatari princes.

Not to sound biased, (but I tend to contradict here) they will probably to marry a Sheikha and most likely a first or second cousin at least the first time they get married. Sure, I think Sheikh Hamdan is drop-dead gorgeous and man I am not even a Muslimah (so I keep my a distance).

For all you Hamdan bin Mohammed fans:

Hamdan bin Mohammed

N.B. Make sure you mention that he is Hamdan bin Mohammed, as his uncle is called Hamdan bin Rashid (and looks nothing like him). :rolleyes:

There is also another Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed of Abu Dhabi. He is also called Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed (Al Nahyan).

The Dubai Prince is Shk. Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid (Al-Maktoum).

If looks could kill :rolleyes:

He is sooo cute!

Does anyone know of other websites in English besides WAM and Sheikh Mohammed's where we can find out what they're up to?

SHEIKH MAKTOUM BIN HASHER AL-MAKTOUM

Here's another UAE prince: Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al-Maktoum, nephew of Sheikh Mohammed (and Sheikha Hind. His father is Sheikha Hind's brother), 27 years old, and is starting a new championship to compete with the Formula One (?).

Sheikh Maktoum bin Hasher Al-Maktoum - Dubai Prince

and here is the article for more info on his Formula One venture:
Daily Telegraph

Okay, if we're talking about sinfully delicious sheikhs-any info about Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed al Nayan?

I've actually considered riding in an endurance race just to watch him sweat for 10hrs. :wub:

:rolleyes: I second your choice silver charm. I think the Abu Dhabi princes are very (generally) very handsome, and Hazza tops the list!

Okay, I'm sorry, I should put both of these replies into one post.

Shk Mo's babies are usually following him around somewhere. If you take a look at the wam photos with Mo-ness usually a Mo-junior is there also.

For those of you not from the emirates, you might find this following bit interesting. For those of you that are-skip to next post.

The Mo-clan (at least the men) travel around Dubai very freely and easily. It's not uncommon to see them hanging out at a cafe with friends or shopping or going to movies. I'm sure they had 'security' with them but it was always discreet. The boys were always polite to people and would chat with strangers. It's my humbe opinion this is why they are liked in the Emirates. They come across as normal kids.

So Sheikh Mo's (Dubai) kids are well-liked? I was wondering if they were because most of the stories I hear about Arab royalty in the US are about how spoiled and ill-behaved some are.

Incidentally, is Sheikha Hind mother to Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed and Sheikh Hamdan bin Mo?

And what about the sons of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid's brothers? I never read anything about them, except that one of them died a couple of years ago.

They are very well liked. From what I hear, they are very down to earth people and you can see them driving around town frequently. They also have open "majlis" (lounges) in their palaces, where people can drop by for a chat or to discuss problems.

The UAE royalty are very pro-their citizens and provide many opportunities for their citizens to improve themselves. While they are so helpful, they are not lenient. They do not promote laziness but hard work. If you are willing to do that, then they will assist you.

They are also known to have saved many financially troubled people by paying off their bills.

I think Shk. Rashid & Hamdan are Hind's children.

The other princes... let's see what I can come up with. The one you referred to is Shk. Rashid bin Maktoum Al Maktoum. He died in a car crash a few years ago. His elder brother, Saeed bin Maktoum, is quite nice looking too and a sportsman.

Will post more later.

Layla:

In your searches for information about our beloved princes/sheikhs. Can you find out what the Mo kids are doing educationally. I know they graduated from Sandhurst but I would be absolutely shocked if they did not pursue university degrees.

I know many Maktoums attend school at the American University of Dubai. It is hard for me to imagine they would not travel abroad for their studies saying that the one thing they need now is a good education and a few years to 'grow up'. (Their daddy isn't going to be around to take care of them forever.)

Also, I think ShkRashid & Hamdan are quite attractive. I've seen them both in person and they both have bodies to die for. But they have the most bizarre-o hair cuts!

Speaking of Sheikh Mo's kids. What do you guys know about his daughters Sheikha Hassa and Sheikha Shamsa? Not sure how the latters name is spelt. I read somewhere that Sheikha Shamsa ran away or something i London and was brought back home by Mo's men. Does anyone know what happened to him? Also, not much is said about Sheikha Hassa, how come? I reckon she is very fond of animals or something. Does anyone have a picture of them?

How old is Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed? What does he do or rather study? I know he is the chairman of Young Entrepreneurs or something.

Not sure what/where they have studied but as La la mentioned, Sheikh Hamdan is the Chairman of the Board of the Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for Young Business Leaders. Shk. Rashid bin Mohd. is the Chairman of the Internet City.

As to schooling, all the Maktoums attend the Rashid School for Boys & Latifa School for Girls. These are exclusive schools that only allow aristocracy to attend.
The schools are named after Sheikh Mohd.'s parents: Rashid & Latifa. BTW, Sheikh Rashid was madly in love with Latifa and never married another (before AND after her death).

I have no clue how old the Princes are, but I would guess mid-late 20's?

I thought Shk. Mo's daughters were Maitha (the Karate Kid :rolleyes: ), Manal (a painter), Maryam, and another whose name also starts with M and who is involved in charities. Haven't heard of Hessa & Shamsa, and definitely have not heard anything about any eloping.

The problem with the uae royalty is that they have a set of names that they all use and you only differntiate them by specifying whose son/daughter they are.

La la: can you find out the continuation of the princesses' names i.e. Shamsa bint (who) etc.

I read it in a British newspaper online and it said that Sheikha Shamsa was Sheikh Mohammeds daughter. I found some articles online about Hassa bint Mohammed also. I will try to find the articles.

By my calculuations, Sh. Hamdan and Sh. Rashid bin Mohd are in their mid to early 20s. I believe Sh. Mohammed's marriage to Sheikha Hind was in 1978 or 1979 and I think they have at least one older sister. Do they really each already have their own palaces?

As far as the girls, I had read that Sheikha Shamsa had run away but heard nothing after the Guardian article. Layla, are they much more sheltered than even common UAE girls?

Thanks La la, interesting information. But it doesn't mention why she wanted to remain in the UK. What a pity.

Pallas Athina: I have no clue but I would assume so since they are never photographed.

Sheikh Mohammed got married when he was 30 and I think both Manal and Rashid are older to Hamdan. So both of them have to be in their early 20s.

Layla, is that Princess (Queen) Muna in your picture.. at least it resembles me of her?

No, that is Princess Soraya of Iran. She was the Shah's second wife.

I read an article in the Guardian that Shka Shamsa wanted to escape her family because she envied the freedom that the girls who worked in the stables had.

If you read between the lines about ShkMo, Dubai and all the related issues-it comes across that Mo-ness is a little bit of a control freak. Personally, the way his horses are groomed is positively creapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom