The UAE Royalty 1: May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are referring to the man in the deshdasha it is Sheikh Hamad, the Emir of Qatar. He looks annoyed. Is that an Israeli next to him? It looks queer. Everyone knows about the Muslim-Jew imbruglio? :unsure:

this man in picture is israeli jewish priest he is dressed in traditional suit
but anyway this pic is very funny!!i couldnt keep laugh!

this man in picture is israeli jewish priest he is dressed in traditional suit
but anyway this pic is very funny!!i couldnt keep laugh! :lol:

True. Obesity is an indication of wealth in some countries. The UAE Princes are quite fit and active especially compared to those of Saudi Arabia. I mean, Baba Zayed is 86 and I doubt any Prince in Saudi Arabia can ever beat that! I have seen many pictures of Saudi Arabian Princes and businessmen and one thing they all have in common for sure is that they are all out-of-proportion (just like their wealth and power).

Originally posted by La la@May 31st, 2004 - 12:12 pm
True. Obesity is an indication of wealth in some countries. The UAE Princes are quite fit and active especially compared to those of Saudi Arabia. I mean, Baba Zayed is 86 and I doubt any Prince in Saudi Arabia can ever beat that! I have seen plenty of pictures of Saudi Arabian Princes and businessmen and one thing they all have in common for sure is that they are all out-of-proportion (just like their wealth and power).
The UAE guys are in shape because it makes it easier to pick up chicks. All of the Maktoums that I've ever met and seen around town are quite healthy and nicely turned out in that respect.

However, I think the whole size of belly = size of importance is going away. Thank goodness! I noticed alot of guys want to look good to women (of all nationalities) and trim, healthy bodies is one way of doing it. Also the women are greatly influenced by western media and the obsession with slim but it seems Arab women have their own view. Yes they want to be trim and healthy and thankfully they want to retain a 'womanly' shape instead of the skelatal norm of western media.

So, what kind(s) of women do the UAE men prefer (I know, you can't make a generalization but still)? With all those men (both sheikhs and commoners) studying abroad, there's got to be a great deal of interracial marriages. You can't help falling in love sometimes; can they?

Originally posted by La la@May 31st, 2004 - 12:47 pm
So, what kind(s) of women do the UAE men prefer (I, know you can't make a generalization but still)? With all those men (both sheikhs and commoners) studying abroad, there's got to be a great deal of interracial marriages. You can't help falling in love sometimes; can they?
The guys who are studying abroad are from the upper echelons and are probably spoken for. Their are tons of mixed marriages both in the aristocracy and the plebes but usually the guy will have one arranged marriage and one love marriage. But mostly the guys marry a) local girls via arranged marriages B) arab girls from lebanon & morroco -morrocan girls are wildly popular c) anyone else. Marriage to girls from 'less developed' places is considered socially unacceptable. And polygamy is technically allowed by law but it is NOT THE SOCIAL NORM!!

Their are plans afoot to prohibit the guys from marrying foreign brides. The guys argue they don't want Emirati brides because of the high dowry and the guys don't know the girls. The guys are allowed to date whoever they want but the girls are prohibited from dating-period.

I'm guessing, they are allowed to make phone calls and get to know the girl better that way or go to the movies accompanied by her brother :rolleyes: ? But I read somewhere that (maybe we shouldn't discuss this here, anyways) that there are many Moroccan prostitutes in the UAE and that Moroccan women are sometimes looked down on, is that so?

Why are marriages to girls from less developed places like i.e. Fujairah, Ras something unacceptable? It's the groom who has to pay dowry mahr to the bride and pay for the wedding, right? Well, my sis wants the computer now. But I hope we can continue with this later.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Oh, Gawd! I think I am a li'l addicted to this site. I need a life.

Where are we? Does everything revolve around money? I see no reason as to why men from i.e. Sharjah and Abu Dhabi shouldn't marry women from the poorer sheikhdoms. I believe some of the poorer sheikhdoms are trying to boost tourism in order to develop their emirates. Does the poorer emirates get money (aid?) from Abu Dhabi?

Also, if a Sheikh marry a woman who is not a Sheikha by birth, she is considered a Sheikha after marriage, isn't she? Does the same go for a Sheikha who marry a (probably rich) commoner? Are her/their children considered 'royal'?

Oh my God! You have Prooooooooblems!

Is this a prince or that a prince...then you cal the ugliest of all : what a cutieeeee...just because he is a prince!

Ladies, be proud of yourself, study and get your own money! It is better then to be a puppy at a prince, sheikhs a side!

They can't neither eat oll that money, nor take it after their death to paradise! ( If they will ever see the paradise). Thausend of muslims are dying every day? Look to the Iraq! And all that Princes and Sheiks lives just a few hundred km away from them. Tell me: what of this princes and sheikhs are active doing for their muslim sisters and brothers?
shame on them!

And shame of you all here, who are caring about how to marry a prince or a damn sheikh or whatever!

-So, ich habe gesprochen-

La la:

What I meant by 'developed' is places like S. Asia-not the other emirates. Sorry. And a woman can be titled after marrying a sheikh if she converts to Islam (not a problem if born muslim.) I don't know the exact process the woman goes through to gain her title.

Regarding Morrocan prostitues-yep, prostitution is just one of the dark little secrets of the Emirates (Dubai most notably-read the Economist write up about the city). I don't know of any particular problem with Moroccan women. All the men I knew in the Emirates considered a Morrocan wife quite a nice little prize. But there is definately social stigma regarding brides from certain countries (not going to go into details here.)

And any socializtion between unmarried Emirati men and unmarried Emirati women is highly frowned upon. Even a casual hello at Starbucks is quite scandolous. But the guys can pursue women of other nationalities without any problems. It is not always about money but the UAE, in general, is quite hung up with material possesions. Which is quite a shame........

Noelle:

Hazza & Jasmin are hotties. The fact they are in the public spotlight just makes it easier to oggle them. Granted if there was a website dedicated to the gorgeous firemen of Toronto-I would be logging on as I type.

Regarding what have they done for their brothers and sisters being slaughtered in Iraq and Palestine-this is not the place for politics. But where is the outcry for places like Saudi, Egypt and Jordan?

Also I don't think anyone really wants to marry any of these guys. (La La, exempted). Oggle them yes, marry them no.

I just finishing everything...phewwwwww.

QueenB: Thanks for that info about Abdulla. If there was a "block" button in the picture gallery, I would have clicked it on his name. Hehehehe, I am mean. Why don't we have him as our Publicity Manager for the Falconry Project. That way he can be travelling around the world while we cook for the Jazz Company.

Emir Hamad: I know a doctor who treats him. Apparently the porr thing is very sick and needs to be injected with cortisone injections often, and hence the reason why he is so overweight.

La la: Can't remember if you mentioned the Saudi princes are overweight etc... The elder ones are, but the younger ones are quite fit. I met Prince Saud Al-Faisal (the Foreign Minister) when I was a kid and he was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! All the ladies were literally drooling over him. He is soooooooo different from his pics, with light hair and eyes. And the height.....uffffff... (I'm a sucker for tall guys).... I don't know what's happened to him recently. He is beginning to look like his father more and more. Anyway, once upon a time the Saudis were drop dead gorgeous.

SC: I'm not sure if a woman who marries a Sheikh becomes Sheikha. At least not the ones who are married to non-CP ones. Sheikh Hasher's (Sheikha Hind's wife) is not a Sheikha and I have never read or heard her being addressed as Sheikha.

What else? What else? Think I covered most of the important points.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with oggling. Does anyone know anything about Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed? He's not too bad looking either. I think I'm gaining an affinity for all men named Hamdan.

Layla: Are you sure???

The title thing might not be automatic but if they can turn plebes into HE with a wave of the royal wand why not plebe-ette to Shka?

Also I read an interview with one of the Al Quaismis where he said 'ok, there are like 700,000 emiratis and 250,000 shks. it doesn't matter unless your in DXB or AD.' What do you think? Also the downfall of the Al Quaismis is tragic saying how brillant they are.

PA: I used to know a whole slew of guys named Khalid. It makes it quite easy to decide which one is hotter. The one named 'Khalid'. Shk Hamdan-endurance guy. Check out all your endurance sites that have pics of Shk Rashid & Hmd bin Mo-he'll be there too. They travel in packs. Very large, well proctected packs.

Originally posted by pallas athina@May 31st, 2004 - 5:38 pm
There's absolutely nothing wrong with oggling.  Does anyone know anything about Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed?  He's not too bad looking either. I think I'm gaining an affinity for all men named Hamdan.
:D

Me too, Athina. He is great-looking! You wont believe me but he is 42 but looks MUCH younger. I thought he was in his 20's first but sometimes he looks like he is in his 30s, but who cares he is so daaaang cuute. :wub: (Sorry, I can't help myself) I have this it-is-raining-sheikhs feeling; the more popping up the better (the bigger chance I have marrying a SHEIKH). Also, it is easy to access pictures of this guy. I better go there soon, so I'll have my pick soon.

Ok, Charmy. So much happening in that tiny li'l emirate, aint it? But thanks for the info. I am sorry I misunderstood that. But not many Arab men go to South Asia to get themselves a wife, or do they? I read somewhere that during the 'intermarrying' trend many arab men went for Indian and Russian brides in particular. How true that is, I do not know.

Noelle baby: I know we are hopeless and desperate; even Alexandria has given up on us.

Originally posted by pallas athina@May 31st, 2004 - 9:38 pm
There's absolutely nothing wrong with oggling. Does anyone know anything about Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed? He's not too bad looking either. I think I'm gaining an affinity for all men named Hamdan.
Yeah, he's cute too. He has a few sons (grown ups). I couldn't believe it when i read it. He looks a lot like Sh. Hazza.

SC: Not sure but I just noticed that. The Qassemis are brilliant and so "modest" in the sense that they do not seek the limelight.

"...... But not many Arab men go to South Asia to get themselves a wife, are they? I read somewhere that during the intermarrying trend many arab men went for Indian and Russian brides in particular. How true that is, I do not know"

Well, I wish it wasn't true......

But there are alot of older guys (50's +) who take 2nd wives for purely pleasurable purposes and usually the girls who get involved are Indian, Russian & Asian. These are the marriages that Shka Fatima is trying desperatley to stop.

Originally posted by silver charm@May 31st, 2004 - 5:51 pm
Also I read an interview with one of the Al Quaismis where he said 'ok, there are like 700,000 emiratis and 250,000 shks. it doesn't matter unless your in DXB or AD.' What do you think? Also the downfall of the Al Quaismis is tragic saying how brillant they are.

PA: I used to know a whole slew of guys named Khalid. It makes it quite easy to decide which one is hotter. The one named 'Khalid'. Shk Hamdan-endurance guy. Check out all your endurance sites that have pics of Shk Rashid & Hmd bin Mo-he'll be there too. They travel in packs. Very large, well proctected packs.
Did he mean it doesn't matter if you're a sheikh unless you live in Dubai or AD? If so, why is that? What happened to the Qassimi's and which emirate are they in charge of again?

What are some endurance sites? I actually have never frequented any though I should given my affection for Rashid and Hamdan bin Mo.

Originally posted by pallas athina+May 31st, 2004 - 6:38 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pallas athina @ May 31st, 2004 - 6:38 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silver charm@May 31st, 2004 - 5:51 pm

PA:  I used to know a whole slew of guys named Khalid. It makes it quite easy to decide which one is hotter. The one named 'Khalid'.  Shk Hamdan-endurance guy. Check out all your endurance sites that have pics of Shk Rashid & Hmd bin Mo-he'll be there too.  They travel in packs. Very large, well proctected packs.
Did he mean it doesn't matter if you're a sheikh unless you live in Dubai or AD? If so, why is that? What happened to the Qassimi's and which emirate are they in charge of again?

What are some endurance sites? I actually have never frequented any though I should given my affection for Rashid and Hamdan bin Mo. [/b][/quote]
Quick answer-Sharjah. Ask the Maktoums.

Google 'endurance riding'. endurance.net is the big one but very few pics except of people who are definately not oggle-worthy.

Where are the admins? Alexandria, Dennism? What gives? Somebody say something offensive-it's starting to feel a litte lonely without our parents around.

Originally posted by silver charm@May 31st, 2004 - 10:42 pm
Where are the admins? Alexandria, Dennism? What gives? Somebody say something offensive-it's starting to feel a litte lonely without our parents around.
Did I miss something?

Originally posted by La la@May 31st, 2004 - 10:53 pm
Silver Charm is joking! :D
lol. I just re-read SC's comment and realised how dense I was. Thanks La la. Just thought we were hit by another VABOOOOOOOOOOM.

Thanks for assuring, Layla. But we are a strong team together remember! :flower:

I am completely disappointed in you Layla for not getting the joke. And, La la, well, darling-good on you!!!

Hi All ;) ,

I definitely agree with the Abdullah one being so ooooogly :yuk: !!!!!! Even his Dad is better looking than him... :p My oh my, now that he's made his 'international debut' on Petra news - especially in a smudged picture, perhaps a status symbol :p - does this mean the Abdullah Bin H is going to be photographed, ahem, often? :yuk: Please, Tamim don't abdicate ever... because Abdullah would probably become CP - and that's NOT a face I want to see often.. :lol:
I too nominate the Abdullah one to head up the falconry project - as a secretary or something, but not a teacher :wacko: as well, there's nothing I want to learn from him!!!!!! :doh: Besides, he looks a bit lazy...... sorry, but he does. Doubtful he doe any sports and I wonder if he too graduated from Sandhurst :blink: Sorry, but I think he's too young to be on the verge of a heart attack.... Tamim is chubby - but he can still be saved!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: (kidding)

Emir Hamad, that pic with the Jewish priest, Hamad looks cranky there :eek: . Perhaps he was uncomfortable - too hot or just bored. But I agree it is a funny pic... He was very ill - don't know if he still is - he did have a kidney transplant some time ago and it was touch and go for a while. I saw a pic of the Emir where he was thin, perhaps due to his illness and meds he is bloated.

I don't know about obesity being a sign of wealth, but if I remember correctly, last year there was some news clip that showed a gathering of the Saudi Royal males and not all were obese but from what I saw, they were all ugly. :innocent: So no, titles, etc do not make a man hot - he's got to be hot to be considered hot, and Jassim is HOT!!!!!! :heart:

I don't know what the title requirements are.... I think it's usually up to the head of the Family - King, Emir, etc... There are different reasons sometimes people do not get titles, sometimes by their own choice. I mean it is true that many Royals get into arranged marriages, or marry 'wealthy' or women from 'influential' families, other royals, etc.... but it is also true that there are others who do not and choose to marry 'commoners' and their significant others are given titles anyhow....... That's one of those questions where there isn't one definite answer, as it is really an individual thing, every Royal house is different... :flower:

Bibi :flower:

Have you guys read the book "Oil Sheikhs" (I L-O-V-E it to bits). It is from the late 70's (I know, I know) but very interesting and mind-boggling. Reading a book written by a third part, a Westerner – a woman is quite something. I highly recommend it.

So does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions as to what books I can read to get an (even bigger) insight into the lives of the Middle Eastern Royalties (than "Oil Sheikhs" perhaps if you have read it)?

Let's continue with our hot topic in this thread as it is rather inappropriate to discuss deshdashas (unless a certain Mister is wearing it) in the Princess Haya thread.

"Above all, there's the head-dress which can say more about a man than his best friend would."

"Don't listen to any Saudi or Kuwaiti man who tells you he wears national dress because it's more practical. It might be in summer but he won't often be here in summer. He wears it because it stamps him as a superior being. It's written all over him in black (his cloak) and white (his dress) that he's the thing to be right now – Arab, from an oil state and a man."

I was just in Jordan and was told the headdresses don't represent anything at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom