The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the response. Emirates = Emir, yeah simple, just wondered why they're not just called King as well, but, are there any wives using the title Emira, I've only heard the wives called Sheikha. So then it's probably just a matter of time before the other UAE become Kingdoms as well? :flower:

Thanks,
Bibi :flower:

Old 05-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Nobility

The leaders are called 'Sheikh' which is translated into 'leader of the faithful'.

The president of the Emirates and all the crown princes are called Sheikhs not president or crown prince. Their titles usually begin with His Highness or something to that effect. 'Emirati' is the term used to identify natural born citizens of the UAE. Sheikha is a wife or daughter of a sheikh.

For example the President of the UAE (a born Emirati from Al Ain, Abu Dhabi) is called His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al Nayhan, Ruler of Abu Dhabi. He is referred to as Sheikh Zayed.

Old 05-27-2004, 10:00 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the explaination Silver Charm :flower:

Some pictures of Sheikh Jassim He's gorgeous!
http://pro.corbis.com/search/searchFrame.asp

It's pictures
0000355481-002 (RM)
0000355481-001 (RM)
0000355481-003 (RM)
Old 05-28-2004, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
The UAE royals are styled as Excellency except for the Emirs and the Crown Prince. It is also this way in Qatar where only the Crown Prince (and former) are rightly styled as Highness. The decree stating the Crown Prince actually included elevating him to the style but didn't remove the style from his brother thus allowing him to retain his rank.

The rulers of an Emirate will always be listed properly under international protocal as HH The Emir of Whatever. The same as Prince Albert is HSH The Hereditary Prince of Monaco, Marquis de Baux and Infante don Felipe is HRH The Prince of Asturias.
Old 05-28-2004, 08:39 AM
Nobility

I think the HExcellency title can also be given to plebes, in the UAE. Said Harib and Mohammed Al Abbar are two examples that I know of.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:27 AM
Nobility

WELCOME BACK, Layla!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the clarification of the meaning of 'sheikh'. I was under the impression that the word had religious orgins and has been recently politicized. Many thanks for the clarification-again.

Yippee, you're back!!!!!
Old 05-28-2004, 12:00 PM
Courtier

Welcome back hon!

We have missed you temendously! We are a stronger team now. :flower:

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@May 27th, 2004 - 12:29 am

I have one question for you... I was looking up pics on Sheikh Jass on that same site, but there were none - only some older guy kept popping up. Then this picture came up 

But that looks nothing like the Jassim    I've seen in pictures and on some television clips. It has to be an error.  :o Hope adorable Jassim didn't morph into that!  :o  :P 
Bibi, yes I saw the picture of I wanted to spare you from a possible heart-attack.. hehe. It MUST be someone else. Looks more like Tamim, perhaps it is one his two elder brothers. Thank you for the additional pictures!
Old 05-28-2004, 03:04 PM
Nobility

Hmmmm....does anyone know where I can find a falcon?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:12 PM
Courtier

You mean, buying one in the USA?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Nobility

Well, ya....then I will just have to go to say...hmmm....Qatar to play with little birdie-don't you think???? :P
Old 05-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@May 28th, 2004 - 6:17 pm

A falcon... ahem... I wouldn't mind some lessons from a certain Qatari ex heir apparent on how to train one .

Since he's the ex-heir apparent maybe he needs a little spending money...And if so I would be willing to pay for lessons......Of course, I'm very interested in falconing and would be devout to my...ahem..uhhh...studies....
Old 05-28-2004, 06:21 PM
Aristocracy

Layla, thanks for the links! The uniform picture is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder where we can find some more of those pictures.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:58 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by silver charm@May 28th, 2004 - 7:04 pm
Hmmmm....does anyone know where I can find a falcon?
LOL! Exactly my feelings.

Thank you silver and La la for the warm welcome.

QueenB: my pleasure dear, and yes Prince J is HOT! They say a uniform makes a man sexier, but in this case I think it's the man who has made the uniform hot.

Here's another one:

Sheikh uffff Jassim

Enjoy
Old 05-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Courtier

Oh my, does Sheikh Hamad have three wives? Well, I hope these rulers&#39; boys don&#39;t turn out to be like their Babajis and Nanajis in this particular area.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by La la@May 28th, 2004 - 11:18 pm
Oh my, does Sheikh Hamad have three wives? Well, I hope these rulers&#39; boys don&#39;t turn out to be like their Babajis and Nanajis in this particular area.
Sheikha Moza is the third wife of the Sheikh (I think).

Here&#39;s another of Sheikh Jassim with Queen Elizabeth
Old 05-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Courtier

I know the UAE Sheikhas don&#39;t have their photographs taken, but how about their counterparts, the Bahraini, Kuwaiti and Qatari Sheikhas?
Old 05-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by bjanka66@May 28th, 2004 - 11:37 pm
Is that Hashim of Jordan??...what on earth is wrong with his hair on the left side of the pic??it looks like it&#39;s been smudged/blurred with photoshop???
why??,is he losing hair??
I just noticed the hairstyle. Maybe he was having a bad hair day. Looks more like Ali to me than Hashim.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Commoner

he does resemble a lot to Ali,
His right side of the hair/left side of the pic has been smudged with some program/paint shop pro/ I know that feature.
i can&#39;t understand why?? ,they also did that with the pic of Rym and her dress when it was too short.
This is hilarious...someone who works at Petra is either too childish or is on drugs.
WTF?? are they doing
Old 05-28-2004, 07:50 PM
Courtier

Thank you for links, Layla. Sheikh Jassem&#39;s mother is GORGEOUS&#33; She is obviously a hard-working woman like Sheikha Fatima.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Aristocracy

Hi Everyone,

Layla thank you so much for the Jassim pictures&#33; I love the picture of him with Q. Elizabeth, he&#39;s so cute&#33; Now I know Jass got all the looks in the Family. He sure did make that uniform... Breathless :flower: ... I&#39;ve seen a couple of guys from Hash to Ali to Hamzah in their Sandhurst uniforms, Jass is my favorite.
I think that&#39;s Hashim, didn&#39;t Ali shave his head again and Ali&#39;s huskier and he&#39;s got a lot of hair on his chest, I&#39;m pretty sure that&#39;s Hash - BTW, I hate when Ali shaves his head. Hash is taller, longer. But Jassim&#39;s bro, ahem, no comment. I doubt he&#39;s older than Jass, because he has that &#39;baby fat&#39; look in his face - looks kind of young. Don&#39;t know where that smudge came from - ahem looks like someone at Petra was kissing the picture . hehehehe. :woot: Maybe they wanted to give Hash more hair, give him a wilder look :P .
Sheikha Moza - I agree she&#39;s beautiful :flower: - is Emir H&#39;s 2nd Wife, she&#39;s Jass and Tamim&#39;s Mom.... I think she has 2 girls and 2 boys. But she is the most visible of his wives. She was photographed, actually filmed for the first time not too long ago, breaking tradition of the wives and daughters not being photographed. She works so hard for Women&#39;s rights and to promote causes related to Women and Education - I think since the mid 90&#39;s. She&#39;s really smart.
I hope the sons aren&#39;t like that either and are for marrying just one Woman .

Bibi