The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

coca cola: sorry for the misinformation; that's what was relayed to me by others. Anyway, thanks for clarifying that. What about the white villas beside the black palace? Are they for the friends of Shk. Ahmed bin Rashid?

La la: Shk. Mansour is The Director General of the President’s Office. He has ministerial status.

The Council of Ministers

Old 05-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Nobility

The black palace isn&#39;t even that big.

Cococola: Are all those palaces going to stay there? With the development going on around them, I always thought the palaces would one day be torn down and the land developed. Yes, those are palaces and such but I couldn&#39;t imagine anyone wanting a palace in the middle of all that development. The sheikh&#39;s little piece of tranquility is now a freakshow on the road to development.

Old 05-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Layla@May 10th, 2004 - 8:22 pm
No the prince who died was Sheikh Rashid bin Maktoum (son of the present ruler of Dubai: Sheikh Maktoum) in a car crash a few years ago.
I believe he died on his fathers wedding. Does anyone know anything about that?
Old 05-16-2004, 03:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by pallas athina@May 9th, 2004 - 7:03 pm
By my calculuations, Sh. Hamdan and Sh. Rashid bin Mohd are in their mid to early 20s. I believe Sh. Mohammed&#39;s marriage to Sheikha Hind was in 1978 or 1979 and I think they have at least one older sister. Do they really each already have their own palaces?
Sheikh Hamdan and Rashid can not possibly have their own palaces yet or do they? I like to think that they will get a palace each when they marry? Also, it is my understanding that the family abandons the palace when the sheikh dies? For example, the Zabeela palace will be empty when Mo&#39;ness die.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by La la@May 16th, 2004 - 3:47 pm

Sheikh Hamdan and Rashid can not possibly have their own palaces yet or do they? I like to think that they will get a palace each when they marry? Also, it is my understanding that the family abandons the palace when the sheikh dies? For example, the Zabeela palace will be empty when Mo&#39;ness die.
[/quote]
Maybe someone who lives in Dubai can enlighten us.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by silver charm@May 9th, 2004 - 3:45 pm
Layla:

In your searches for information about our beloved princes/sheikhs. Can you find out what the Mo kids are doing educationally. I know they graduated from Sandhurst but I would be absolutely shocked if they did not pursue university degrees.

I know many Maktoums attend school at the American University of Dubai. It is hard for me to imagine they would not travel abroad for their studies saying that the one thing they need now is a good education and a few years to &#39;grow up&#39;. (Their daddy isn&#39;t going to be around to take care of them forever.)

Also, I think ShkRashid & Hamdan are quite attractive. I&#39;ve seen them both in person and they both have bodies to die for. But they have the most bizarre-o hair cuts&#33;
I went berserk looking and reading about Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed and it is my understanding that he graduated from Sandhurst just like Papa and now he is officiating as the Chairman of Dubai Bank. Perhaps, he will pursue higher studies later on (much later).
Old 05-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Nobility

Being chairman of the bank is not a big deal. He doesn&#39;t actually run it. Some seasoned bank exec runs the bank. I rememeber reading an article about the exec while I was in the UAE-he&#39;s quite something. But as far as Shk Hamdan goes, I don&#39;t see what a 20yr old knows about banking. Shk Ahmed (his uncle) was put in charge of Emirates at a very young age but very accomplished people were put in place underneath him to help him out.

Also since both of the Baby Mo&#39;s aren&#39;t seen much nowadays, it led me to believe they are studying somewhere. Which I&#39;m sure they are thoroughly enjoying and not having to be animals in a gilded cage. I think this young generation of Emirati&#39;s have a lot of promise. But there is a very nasty and wide gap between this young earnest generation and the generation of today&#39;s leaders and yesteryear.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Courtier

Silver Charm: Okay, if we&#39;re talking about sinfully delicious sheikhs-any info about Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed al Nayan?

I&#39;ve actually considered riding in an endurance race just to watch him sweat for 10hrs.

Are you an equestrian? I read an article about a horse called Silver Charm today. Do you know who owns that horse?

Silver Charm
Old 05-20-2004, 12:41 PM

:flower:
Old 05-20-2004, 01:09 PM

is S mohammed bin rashid al-maktoum is going to the spanish wedding??????????? :flower:
Old 05-20-2004, 06:35 PM
Nobility

La la:

Yep to being an equestrian. You think I&#39;m bitchy on this forum, you should read my posts on Thoroughbred Times.

"...The fourth richest racehorse in history, Silver Charm was an exceptional two-year-old, dual Classic-winning three-year-old, and Champion on two continents. He also remains one of the most charismatic and tenacious athletes in Thoroughbred racing history. And as a Grade II-winning two-year-old, early success for his first runners was anticipated. As he did on the racetrack time and time again, Silver Charm delivered...."

He stands at stud at Three Chimeny&#39;s farm. His stud fee is &#036;25,000.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:31 PM
Aristocracy

Hi, I am new to this forum and I too wonder about the princes of the UAE. Does anyone know any info at all about the Princes of Qatar, especially Jassim and where I could find a picture of Sheikh Tamim - all the pictures of him are either from the angles or the sides or from far away .

Thanks.

Bibi :flower:
Old 05-22-2004, 07:12 AM
Courtier

I am watching the Spanish wedding right now. I thought I caught a glimpse of Sheikh Abdulla bin Zayed. He has probably never gone by bus before.
Old 05-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by pallas athina+May 11th, 2004 - 10:13 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pallas athina @ May 11th, 2004 - 10:13 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Layla@May 11th, 2004 - 7:58 pm
He is the defacto ruler. However I think the next in line is Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum (the current ruler&#39;s son) and not SMo&#39;s kids.
Any pictures? [/b][/quote]
Yeah, any pictures? I haven&#39;t managed to find any pictures of him, only of the late Ruler Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum.

Anyone who knows about Laylas whereabouts?
Old 05-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Aristocracy

Lala, thanks so much for the links&#33; :flower: S. Jassim looks nothing like his father, that is so true&#33; His Mother is beautiful so he probably takes after her&#33; I saw her on 60 minutes once and she was really elegant and pretty and intelligent. What surprised me the most about her is that although her Nation is about to become one of the richest Nations in the World, she wasn&#39;t wearing huge jewels or dressed up in expensive attire - she was dressed in &#39;regional&#39; attire and didn&#39;t seem to be confused about who she was or about her own role in her own Nation.
I&#39;d never seen pictures up close of Tamim, thanks. He&#39;s tall isn&#39;t he? :P
Why did Jassim resign CP post? Was it that he had to have an arranged marriage or something? And what is he doing now? Is he Married? How are the Qatari princes seen by their people?

Bibi :flower:
Old 05-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Aristocracy

Silver Charm, did you get my second response to your email?
Old 05-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Nobility

No, chica. I will send you a message.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@May 22nd, 2004 - 2:54 pm
Lala, thanks so much for the links&#33;* :flower: S. Jassim looks nothing like his father, that is so true&#33; His Mother is beautiful so he probably takes after her&#33; I saw her on 60 minutes once and she was really elegant and pretty and intelligent. What surprised me the most about her is that although her Nation is about to become one of the richest Nations in the World, she wasn&#39;t wearing huge jewels or dressed up in expensive attire - she was dressed in &#39;regional&#39; attire and didn&#39;t seem to be confused about who she was or about her own role in her own Nation.**
I&#39;d never seen pictures up close of Tamim, thanks. He&#39;s tall isn&#39;t he?* :P
Why did Jassim resign CP post? Was it that he had to have an arranged marriage or something? And what is he doing now? Is he Married? How are the Qatari princes seen by their people?

Bibi* :flower:
Yeah, he sure looks tall. Some say Sheikh Jassem didn&#39;t want to become Crown Prince from the beginning and other sources say he demanded more power from his father (history repeats itself, huh). Whatever happened between his father and sheikh Jassem we will never know&#33; But to judge from the pictures I have seen so far sheikh Jassem seemed to enjoy his former position.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

That&#39;s a great picture of Rashid

Sheikh Jassem has elder brothers I believe. Does anyone know anything about them? How old is he?
Old 05-24-2004, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Sheikh Jassem is 26. He was born in 1978. I don&#39;t know anything about his two elder brothers. Sheikh Tamim is younger than him.