The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Courtier

I read it in a British newspaper online and it said that Sheikha Shamsa was Sheikh Mohammeds daughter. I found some articles online about Hassa bint Mohammed also. I will try to find the articles.

Old 05-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Courtier

About Sheikha Shamsa bint Mohammed

I hope you can read this.

Old 05-09-2004, 06:50 PM
Courtier

About Sheikha Hassa

The headline says it all.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Aristocracy

By my calculuations, Sh. Hamdan and Sh. Rashid bin Mohd are in their mid to early 20s. I believe Sh. Mohammed's marriage to Sheikha Hind was in 1978 or 1979 and I think they have at least one older sister. Do they really each already have their own palaces?

As far as the girls, I had read that Sheikha Shamsa had run away but heard nothing after the Guardian article. Layla, are they much more sheltered than even common UAE girls?
Old 05-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks La la, interesting information. But it doesn't mention why she wanted to remain in the UK. What a pity.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Aristocracy

Pallas Athina: I have no clue but I would assume so since they are never photographed.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Courtier

Sheikh Mohammed got married when he was 30 and I think both Manal and Rashid are older to Hamdan. So both of them have to be in their early 20s.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Layla, is that Princess (Queen) Muna in your picture.. at least it resembles me of her?
Old 05-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

No, that is Princess Soraya of Iran. She was the Shah&#39;s second wife.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Nobility

I read an article in the Guardian that Shka Shamsa wanted to escape her family because she envied the freedom that the girls who worked in the stables had.

If you read between the lines about ShkMo, Dubai and all the related issues-it comes across that Mo-ness is a little bit of a control freak. Personally, the way his horses are groomed is positively creapy.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:11 PM
Royal Highness

Layla,

Are you from the UAE? Thank You so much for sharing all this info and these photos with us. It is very much appreciated. Please continue to share more....
Old 05-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Courtier

Silver Charm,

I read somewhere that some Sheikhs have air-conditioned stables for the horses? Is that true?
Old 05-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Courtier

Location: Trust me you've never heard of it..., United States
I think Tamim of Qatar is a hottie.

There were articles in the news in England that the runaway then kidnapped Princess had retained a lawyer and was apparently trying to have her father brought up on charges that he kidnapped her (she was a legal adult). I don&#39;t know what became of case. I don&#39;t think it looks to well for Haya&#39;s future.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Aristocracy

Silver charm: how are the horses groomed? I thought they get state-of-the-art grooming, as each one costs so many million dollars.

Chanel: no I am not from the UAE but travel there quite a bit (both business and pleasure). I love the place, people, and have so many Emirati friends... and hence my limited knowledge on the UAE royal family.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Nobility

Yes the horses live in air conditioned stables. But so do most of the horses in the UAE. Endurance horses don&#39;t (as far as I know) because a part of their training is being acclimated to the hostile conditions of the desert.

But regarding the grooming...they are groomed, trained and cared for utilizing the most up to date methods, techniques and equipment possible. But the actual way the horses hair is cut is quite ugly (in my opinion). The mane is cut in a blunt straight line all the way down the horses neck about 6-8 inches from where the horse&#39;s hair comes out of the skin. Also the tail is cut bluntly. In female haircutting terms-they are given a &#39;blunt&#39; cut. Whereas most of us ohhhh and ahhhhhh photos of horses whose tail grows and appears to be natural (not all in a straight line). Of course you have to cut the mane and tail to keep the horses healthly. But if the tail is left &#39;natural&#39; it looks quite majestic flowing behind the horse at full gallop whereas when it&#39;s in a blunt cut it looks like a geometric puzzle piece. Of course the horses are beautiful at full gallop anyways but it just looks quite weird. Also I used to use the same picture framer as the royal family. Shka Hind & Mo&#39;s daughter&#39;s have the same blunt cut to their bangs and the back of her hair.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Nobility

All the these runaways sheikhas and princess who are trying to sue their families won&#39;t be able to due to soveriegn immunity of the family.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Nobility

Example of horses grooming.....

http://www.godolphin.com/nashama/zone_champions.asp

Click on the picture under the title.....

BACHIR (IRE) - 1997 b c Desert Style / Morning Welcome

You will see the mane is fanned out in a straight line just under the jockey&#39;s face and the tail looks like a wedge. Of course, it&#39;s obvious this horse is super fit and incredibly well trained.

I watched Sulamani win at Longchamp. Absolute beauty and majesty.

If anyone wants my complete and uncensored opinion on why Shk Hamdan bin Rashid al Maktoum is the better brother when it comes to racing....just stick your head out of a window in Toronto and listen for the deranged rantings of a mad woman.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Aristocracy

I see what you mean silver charm. The cuts look as if they were done with a ruler.

Horses definitely look more majestic with a long mane and tail, but the godolphin horses (Bachire in particular) looks kind of retarded with that cut.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:39 PM
Aristocracy

Here is a history of the Dubai rulers:

http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/engl..._almaktoum.asp

Rulers of Dubai

Maktoum bin Buti (1833-1852)
Saeed bin Buti (1852-1859)
Hasher bin Maktoum (1859-1886)
Rashid bin Maktoum (1886-1894)
Maktoum bin Hasher (1894-1906)
Buti bin Suhail (1906-1912)
Saeed bin Maktoum (1912-1958)
Rashid bin Saeed (1958-1990)
Maktoum bin Rashid (1990-present)
Old 05-10-2004, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Is it true that Sheihk Hamdan bin Mohd of Dubai&#39;s brother Rashid is died? :huh: