Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

BUt there are pics of Princess Haya who is also the wife of Sheik MO

Old 02-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Gentry

Reina

Sheikha Hind is different.
Non of sheikh Mohammed's sisters nor brothers wives not hIs wife he would allow to have her pictures published.
Arab men say when you have a Jewlel where do you keep it?
In a Safe Unseen Right?
so sheikha Hind is sheikh mohammed's Jewl
Plus in UAE its unusuall for the sheikha's Pictures to be pulished, although few of them publish but Mostly its unusuall even those who publish their pictures its unusuall.
If he wants her pictures to be published he would like the sheikh of Qatar, her pictures were published were published only 2 years ago...
so if sh. Mohammed wanted he can do the same step.
As for Haya she has always been in public and in jordan its normal to have their pictures published

Old 02-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Royal Highness

So she is still his favorite?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:36 PM
Gentry

Sure
Always have been and will be
she is the 1st Lady here...
she is the mother of his 12 kids
Old 03-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Sh Mohammed and Sh Hind daughters
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mohammed.JPG
Views:	5007
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	101869   Click image for larger version

Name:	moh1.JPG
Views:	2285
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	101880  
Old 03-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum praises rulers

Wife of Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Chairwoman of Sheikha Latifa Child Creativity Award, Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, , praised UAE President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, and Members of the Supreme Council for providing the UAE nationals with decent life in all aspects, especially for nationals with special needs.

She also praised Sheikha Jawaher, Wife of the Ruler of Sharjah and Sheikha Fatima of the Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services.

In a press statement released yesterday marking the Sharjah City for Humanitarian Services’s silver jubilee , Sheikha Hind valued and appreciated the efforts of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan for his great contribution to the people with special needs.

Al Bayan
Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Old 03-04-2005, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy

What is known about Sheikha Hind? What tribe is she from? Did she recieve a formal education? If not, how did she become learned? Because many of the things I have read about her has led me to think is highly educated. However, I am aware that she rarely, if at all, gives speeches. Must of Sheikha Hinds comments or speeches are given through a representative and not by herself--personally. Thus I am led to believe that most of her statements are not her own. In a country like the Emirates, which has control of its media outlets, as to one reason there has not yet been a picture published of her, I feel as though the woman that she is portrayed in public, whom all love, is really not the really women being masked.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Gentry

t ea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilah
What is known about Sheikha Hind?
Sheikha Hind is From Bu Flasa they are orginaly from Bani Yas
you will find more information on sheikh Mohammeds Homepage

Quote:
Did she recieve a formal education?
Sheikha Hind is educated and was enducated in dubai
but didn't finish her university as she got married at a very young age 17 years old. What i know about sheikha Hind is that she reads alot and likes to learn and is a very updated person with many things.
she has a very strong personality with a Crisma that not anyone has.

Quote:
However, I am aware that she rarely, if at all, gives speeches. Must of Sheikha Hinds comments or speeches are given through a representative and not by herself--personally..
About speaches its true she never goes onto a stage and gives a speach...
but she does talk to ladies in certain occasions and she would manage the talk in a very nice way...she talks frot of hundreds of ladies but not in a speach form....
maybe this is the way she feels comfortable in...

Quote:
Thus I am led to believe that most of her statements are not her own.
when you read her statements usually i feel her charecter is in this statement...i can feel it....
plus maybe someoen else puts its in words for her but i am sure they are her ideas.... Even George bush has someone who wrotes his speaches and tell him what to say

Quote:
In a country like the Emirates, which has control of its media outlets, as to one reason there has not yet been a picture published of her, I feel as though the woman that she is portrayed in public, whom all love, is really not the really women being masked.
The Emirates really has changed the last 10 years only...
its an arabic country that has developed quicly but the peole still hold onto their values and tradition....
I think sheikha Hind even if she had the choice she wouldn't choose to have her pictures published in media....
The people who love her will have the access to see her meet her....
as for women...
and as for men... the uae men most of them don't like their women's picture to be published in media so their love sh. Hind makes them love the way she is.....
she can do everything and not have her pictures published....
People have to understand that not having sh. HInds picture published is not an issue in the uae nor its the an important issue...
people can't have their tradition changed all of a sudden...
see in Moroco the royal family has been exposed years in media and the country has been developed years before the uae...
But only King Mohammed has his picture published...
it took them a very long time to change...
his mum her name wasn't even known to the people of Moroco.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

As far as I have understood, Sheikha Hind is a cousin of her husband. Is it a tradition in UAE to mix blood so closely? Aren't they concerned about health of children and their grandchildren?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Courtier

My question is why are the daughters photographed? Don't the rules apply to the female children when taking pictures? Also, once the girls become women, and they marry, will they cease to be photographed in public? I mean how does that work?
Old 03-06-2005, 10:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina
As far as I have understood, Sheikha Hind is a cousin of her husband. Is it a tradition in UAE to mix blood so closely? Aren't they concerned about health of children and their grandchildren?
In All the gulf and arabian tribes cousins get married to each other...and btw Sheikh Mohammeds dad is sheikha hinds Dad cousin and sheikh mohammeds dad and sheikha hinds Mum are brothers and sister
they are very very very close....
this is something that has been going on for generations and generations and all theire children are mashallah sp beautiful...
Old 03-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
My question is why are the daughters photographed? Don't the rules apply to the female children when taking pictures? Also, once the girls become women, and they marry, will they cease to be photographed in public? I mean how does that work?
Some questions have no answer in traditions....
Like the wife of the late king of moroco ppl didn't even know who she was...!!!!
but i have the answer to you Q....
when they are young its ok... but once they get older they are not photograpged like sh. Hinds Daughter sh. Latifa who was very active and traveled with children representing her country... now since almost 2 years her pictures and never published in the media...
and they are happy with it....the girls themselves don't want to be photographed
Old 03-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Celebration held to honour Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum

Mar 22, 2005 - 10:27 -

Celebration held to honour Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum Dubai, 22 March, 05 (WAM) - Sheikh Hind bin Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, wife of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, praised the selection of Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairwoman of the UAE Women's Union, as the "Mother of the Nation", saying that her selection was a cause for celebration.

In a speech during a function organised last night by the Ousha bint Al Hussein Riwaq (Forum) to honour her for winning the "ideal mother" award, Sheikha Hind thanked the panel for selecting her for such a coveted prize.

Sheikha Hind said in the speech which was read on her behalf by Amina Al Daboos, Executive Director of the Lateefah bint Mohammed bin Rashid Award for Chidren's Creative Works, that the she was proud to get such an honour.

WAM/MAB 22 20 CCCCQQE
Old 03-22-2005, 02:12 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sheikha Hind greeted

Mar 22, 2005 - 09:35 -

Sheikha Hind greeted Dubai, 22 March, 05 (WAM) - Sheikha Lateefah bint Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, patron of the Lateefah bint Mohammed Award for Children's Creative Works, today sent a letter to Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, wife of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, greeting her after she won the "Ideal Mother" award.

The award was given to Sheikha Hind by the Ousha bint Al Hussein Forum on the occasion of Mother's Day.

Sheikha Lateefah said the award showed the appreciation for Sheikha Hind's initiatives in support of the women and children issues.

WAM/MAB 21 15 CCCCQQE
Old 03-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Gentry

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by samira
Sh Mohammed and Sh Hind daughters
daughters look like they are from India with all the hair, complexion and features. I wonder if there is any indian blood in the family from ancestors.

One person in the pic seems more of Arabic blood is the woman standing behind the little girls. I am talking about the woman with no glasses.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Courtier

Arabs come in all colours and sizes and their features vary drastically. A Sudanese is just as much an Arab as a Jordanian. One can not say s/he looks 'Arabic' because there is no such thing. Ditto Indians. Like most royal families the Maktoums can be traced back several generations which shows that they don't any Indian blood. This part of the world, and this family in particular is well-known for its inbreeding.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Serene Highness

That is not true; Sudanese are different from Egyptians are different from Morroccans. Ask them yourself.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by monamona
daughters look like they are from India with all the hair, complexion and features. I wonder if there is any indian blood in the family from ancestors.

One person in the pic seems more of Arabic blood is the woman standing behind the little girls. I am talking about the woman with no glasses.

They Look pure arabs....Nothing to do with Indians
Old 03-23-2005, 05:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
That is not true; Sudanese are different from Egyptians are different from Morroccans. Ask them yourself.
Yes, Democrats are different from Republicans are different from Third Party Candidates.

Top women honoured for distinguished role
By a staff reporter

23 March 2005

DUBAI — Shaikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Chairperson of UAE Women’s Federation, and Shaikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, wife of General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, were honoured on Monday during a ceremony to mark the Mother's Day organised by Osha bint Hussain Cultural Centre at its premises.

The event was attended by Shaikha Mariam bint Hashr Al Maktoum, officials of Dubai Women’s Association, distinguished personalities from various emirates as well as official from various government and private establishments.

The programme of the event included a speech by Dr Mouza Ghubash, Director of the Centre, and a poetry recitation by a Libyan poetess, Radeen Al Fillaly, and the Iraqi poet, Alla Al Tayee, as well as a number of the UAE poets.

During the programme, a number of ideal mothers were honoured in appreciation of their efforts in bringing up the ‘makers of the future’. Addressing the event, Dr Ghubash hailed the role of Shaikha Fatima in contributing to women’s development and supporting charity activities in the country as well as providing the UAE society with leaders who are working hard to achieve development.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displaya...e_march695.xml

Old 03-23-2005, 07:23 PM
Gentry

This Poem was presented to sheikha Hind From Her husband sheikh Mohammed on their 21 st anniversary in year 2000
it has her name in it at the end... enjoy...
To..?
You are like you are though much happened
Dearest one, nobody attains your dearness to me

Your dearness I do not hide but declare it openly
Oh my foremost dream, ahead of me and after me

The letters of your name in my heart hold a secret
Your name for the description of beauty stands in

Oh perfume of 'ud, when arranged, scattered
And the first the third as the 'ud is Hindi*

For you beyond the limit of your lifetime a lifetime, and for me a lifetime
With you, and all that is left of life is immortality

Oh pure as the full moon! Oh aunt of the full moon!
Oh light! Oh scattered Arabian jasmine and roses!

When you depart one hour I feel it an era
I keep a vigil at the door awaiting your return

The course of nights, and nights have a course,
Did not change me and you are my days of bliss

Oh lady of the fair, the rosy and the tan
Oh fondness, I cannot measure the ebb and flow

I have seen all nights as the Night of Destiny
And my existence thence since first I saw you, oh my love, passion

*The line is a pun on the Arabic word for perfume, “dhn”: shifting the first letter to the third position gives “hnd”. India is the source of the finest (and now rarest) 'ud.