Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Jumaa Al Maktoum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually SM was 55 years old when he married PH last April (I remember the month cuz they got married on my b-day lol), which would make him 55 or 56 years old at the moment.[/QUOTE]

We were talking about Shk Mohammed bin Zayed. :)

Last edited:
samira said:
We were talking about Shk Mohammed bin Zayed. :)
Oh ok ... my bad. Its just that when I read your post, it spoke of a Sheikh Mohammed without the last name, so I assumed that you were speaking of Sheikha Hind's husband. The mention of both Sheikh Mohammeds in the post before your own got me a little confused :confused:

Last edited:
I think La La best summed it up when she said "different strokes for different folks." I will never really know what Shka Hind looks like, so I can't comment. I do know what Haya looks like, and I think she is beautiful.

Last edited:
Does anyone posses a definitive picture of Sheika Hind? Beauty comparison is a moot point if we don't even know for sure what the other one looks like.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Does anyone posses a definitive picture of Sheika Hind? Beauty comparison is a moot point if we don't even know for sure what the other one looks like.
We won't see a picture of Shka Hind because it's taboo...

The only image that appears as a result of google image search under 'H.H. Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum' is this one - a photo titled 'Talents Team' from Dubai Photo Media site. It can not be enlarged - the images are very vague, but there is a possibility that one of the ladies actually is Sheikha Hind. If someone who has better insight could help out - it would be appreciated.

Attachments

• TalentsTeam.jpg
    TalentsTeam.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 30,157
Blueice said:
The only image that appears as a result of google image search under 'H.H. Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum' is this one - a photo titled 'Talents Team' from Dubai Photo Media site. It can not be enlarged - the images are very vague, but there is a possibility that one of the ladies actually is Sheikha Hind. If someone who has better insight could help out - it would be appreciated.
I'm sorry to disappoint you Blueice. I remember when this picture was published. Her daughter Sheikha Mariam attended this event on behalf of her mother and she is the one in the picture sans abaya.

Last edited:
La la said:
I'm sorry to disappoint you Blueice. I remember when this picture was published. Her daughter Sheikha Mariam attended this evening on behalf of her mother and she is the one in the picture sans abaya.
Thank you, La La, I wasn't keeping my hopes too high - yet, after all this speculating on a lady that just about nobody seems to know anything substantially about (let alone actually seeing her in person), I was hoping that at least one photo will appear and thus contribute to this thread's argumentative base which seems to be lacking. Thanks again. Regards! :)

personally, i think the daughters are beautiful. they have the most gorgeous eyes.

the boys i could care less for. definately the nayhans are a better looking bunch of guys.

I think Hamdan is dashing and most of his brothers are decent-looking.
post-33-1103082027.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sh. Hind never appeared to public due to culture and tradition in Dubai/UAE. But it seems Sh. Mo does agree on what his wives love to do: Sh. Hind follow UAE culture and Haya keeps her own style.
Last year, we saw often Sh. Mo and Haya together in Dubai and abroad. So I don't know if by doing so he wants to introduce changes in Dubai, which were not possible with Hind.

abir said:
Sh. Hind never appeared to public due to culture and tradition in Dubai/UAE. But it seems Sh. Mo does agree on what his wives love to do: Sh. Hind follow UAE culture and Haya keeps her own style.
Last year, we saw often Sh. Mo and Haya together in Dubai and abroad. So I don't know if by doing so he wants to introduce changes in Dubai, which were not possible with Hind.
this really isn't mo's department. my impression is that the guy could care less what the culture and tradition of the place is as long as he keeps getting P-A-I-D!!!

Ipi Tombe said:
this really isn't mo's department. my impression is that the guy could care less what the culture and tradition of the place is as long as he keeps getting P-A-I-D!!!
Maybe. He and his older brother love to be with their wives on public for some occasions. And if their first wives didn't, then it seems to me as the wives' decision and not what Al-Maktoum want.

abir said:
Maybe. He and his older brother love to be with their wives on public for some occasions. And if their first wives didn't, then it seems to me as the wives' decision and not what Al-Maktoum want.

Could someone explain to me why Shka Hind's name has two maktoums in it? That just puzzles me, and I have been trying to figure it out.

sommone said:
Could someone explain to me why Shka Hind's name has two maktoums in it? That just puzzles me, and I have been trying to figure it out.
bint ''maktoum'' (her father's name is maktoum).

al ''maktoum'' (the family name is maktoum).

About shk hind being photographed, i dont see why some people make it a big deal why she hasnt been photographed. Royalty in the middle east isnt like royalty in Europe where being photogrpahed every other day is okay. THings are changing now where the younger generations of sheikh's children (daughters & son) are being photographed from a young age. The older genertaion wont be photographed cause many dont agree with it & its not what we have been brought up to do in society. We dont have to change the way we deal with small things like being in newspapers, the sheikhas do their own apperence with being at a function, so why is a picture important?
Maybe now someone will say well king of bahrains wife and ruler of qatar have there wifes pictured and put in newspapers, but that just happened recently.For the UAE im positive you will only see the younger generations

Guess Who, I agree with you; it's not important to be photographed. If the old generation are happy with their lives and Mo respects Hind choice, that's ok.

To El Jood

But to me, this doesn't mean he respects more Hind than Haya.
It's the opposite; since he doesn't force Hind to be seen publicly and he doesn't force either Haya to stay at home, to me he respects both.

No one was saying Hind had to be photographed. I was wondering why was it that Haya being photographed was such an issue with the people of the UAE...to which I got my answer to the question...It's not respectable...Ok then fine. I can respect that answer. That is their culture. Another issue came up about comparing the looks of Haya vs Hind to which I stated in so many words that I don't know what Hind looks like and probably never will, but I knew what Haya looked like, and I thought she was beautiful. Some members began to say that they thought Mo respected Hind more because she was kept from being seen in public photos whereas he had no respect for Haya because she is constantly seen in public photos. I would like to agree with Abir by saying that I have to agree with her that he respects both, at least I hope that is the way it is.

news on sheikha hind

link to story

The House of Talents to take place at Al Bastakiya Staff Report
shim.gif
Dubai : The House of Talents, one of the most popular activities on the Dubai Shopping Festival's Calendar of Events, will run from January 29 to February 7. This year it will take place at its new location in Dar Al Nadwah in the Al Bastakiya area.

The event is sponsored by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI). It attracts many aspiring artists and artisans looking for a platform to showcase their talents. So far, 27 talented ladies, plus a group of 20 UAE university students and 7 participants from Flower Friends have been selected to participate.

The House of Talents is organised under the patronage of Shaikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum, wife of General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Defence Minister. The event provides an encouraging avenue for UAE-based women and girls to display their creativity.

The event aims to publicise achievement in fields such as interior design, architecture, fine arts, photography and handicrafts.

The House of Talents is in its seventh year. The DSF office works to ensure all works of art exhibited at the show are of a high standard. All entries must be created by the participant, and have not been publicly exhibited before.

An interesting aspect of the exhibition this time will be the Daughters of Zayed charity expo, all proceeds from which will go to various UAE-based charities.

H.H.Sh. Hind Bint Maktoum AL Maktoum

The participation of the UAE woman in the political arena is a natural development of her role in society, said Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Wife of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister.

Sheikha Hind was speaking during an exclusive interview with Gulf News on the eve of the 31st anniversary of UAE National Day.

Pointing out that women's participation in the political field will enrich the Federal National Council (FNC) and society as a whole, Sheikha Hind said: "This will complete the picture of our society where efforts of men and women are intertwined."

On whether there will be any woman representative from Dubai in the FNC, Sheikha Hind said: "Our wise leadership has to decide."

Emphasising that education has to be reshaped, Sheikha Hind in the interview quoted Sheikh Mohammed who has said "education in our country is in a race with time."

Sheikha Hind said: "I am a regular reader of the Holy Quran, the sayings of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and the Holy Quran's interpretations. I always find time for reading, as I am interested in Arabic and Islamic history."

The UAE woman is creative and has the capacity to assimilate the most modern technologies, but she has to develop herself further as life is a journey of continuous learning, said Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, Wife of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence.

Sheikha Hind was speaking in an exclusive interview with Gulf News on the eve of the 31st anniversary of UAE National Day.

The following is the full text of the interview:

In light of the changes and developments witnessed by UAE society over the past 31 years since the establishment of the UAE Federation, what is your evaluation of the UAE woman's status?
By the grace of God and thanks to the wisdom of our leadership, the UAE woman is enjoying an excellent status. Today, she is a partner and on par with the man in the process of the country's construction and development.

The UAE woman is playing a vital role in all walks of life – she is a virtuous mother, mindful tutor, distinguished employee, university professor, accountant, engineer and businesswoman.

I would like to point out that since its foundation, the UAE Federation has underlined the woman's role and rights. In fact, the human development process has covered on an equal basis the rights of the man and woman in the fields of education, health, social services and work.

I am proud of the position achieved by the UAE woman and her active participation in serving the nation. I am also proud of our society's appraisal of the woman's role, practices and creativity. The woman in our society is the man's complete partner, sharing with him responsibilities and working with him side by side with excellence and sincerity.

The UAE woman is proud of the governmental support which has paved her way to step into the most difficult fields and this is clear in the number of university graduates both in the arts and sciences.

The UAE woman today is living in a golden age in which she has reached the highest positions. This has enabled her to raise her profile in international forums.

When we talk about the UAE woman, we have to point to the leading role played by Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Wife of President His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, and Chairperson of the UAE General Women's Union, a role that qualified her to be honoured by several international and Arab institutions. This serves as testimony to the position the UAE woman has achieved, one that is lauded worldwide.

You have mentioned in previous statements that the child is the very foundation of society, free of social and psychological ills. How does one ensure such an environment, especially since UAE society has been witnessing many changes – a time that has been labelled as the age of globalisation?
Naturally, the child is the main cornerstone in building a healthy society. If a child is born and brought up in a good environment, we can guarantee a perfect generation and a safe and sound future for the whole society. It goes without saying that the main responsibility of bringing up a child, is the family's responsibility in general and the mother's in particular.

A poet once said: 'The mother is a school that if it is well prepared, it will yield a people of noble descent'.

By the grace of God, the UAE woman has been brought up armed with principles of religion, traditions and customs of the society and education and knowledge.

I am confident that the UAE woman gives special attention and care to her children who are the core of life for the majority of mothers. I believe that the daily life of parents in our country revolves around taking care of their children.

The UAE government has provided society with the means to have physically and mentally strong children. We have many child care institutions which aid the child from his first days in his mother's womb to adulthood.

The changes that are taking place in the age of globalisation are inevitably affecting strongly the environment in which our children are brought up.

These influences have within them the positive and the negative. The role of society and its institutions, including family institutions, is to make use of the positive elements and ward off the negative ones. I believe that teaching children the principles of religion and social values will help confront the negative effects of globalisation.

In view of the changes which society has been living through and the revolution in technology and communications, how do you perceive the future role of the UAE woman?
Society at large is prone to be exposed to these modern changes and not just the woman. The efforts of men and women should be intertwined to deal with the changes.

The woman's role is especially more important in view of her responsibilities towards the upbringing of children. She is responsible for passing on essential values to her children and exposing them only to what is useful.

As for other roles in society and the workplace, the woman is required to follow these developments and should be able to have a good command over modern tools, particularly those related to information technology.

She should become computer-literate, mastering all Internet applications. She also has to widen her scope of information and education so that she is capable of making the right choice when she is faced with the many options in the fields of work, entertainment and consumer goods.

The technology and telecommunication revolution has opened new horizons for men and women all over the world. In the UAE, the woman has strongly and boldly entered this domain. We see nowadays more and more graduates in the technical and technological fields, and many of them have proven themselves in their work.

The fast pace of technology has provided the UAE woman with new opportunities for work and production. The concept of 'working from the home' will become widespread in time. This revolution will help the UAE woman to work from her home without her family duties being affected and at the same time, enabling her to serve her society.

The UAE woman is creative and smart and has the capacity to assimilate the most modern and advanced technologies. She is capable of taking advantage of the new opportunities that are offered to her and conditioning them to suit her needs and circumstances.

The UAE younger generation carries on its shoulders many responsibilities, not only towards the preservation of the Federation's achievements of the past 31 years, but also towards future challenges especially in a changing world. What role do you perceive this generation to play?
Every new generation has to undertake the responsibilities imposed on it by the new age. There have always been challenges and as the present and past generations succeeded in shouldering their responsibilities, the new generation should do the same. The country has provided them every opportunity for them to excel and face challenges.

Change is the norm of life and the rapid speed of the current change should prompt the new generation to be more energetic in acquiring further education and training, paying more attention to work, perfection and excellence, developing new attitudes towards work and looking for new domains brought by the development plans.

I would like to inform you that the vision of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, is creating thousands of job opportunities for our young generation who should seize them.

I am looking forward to seeing our young men and women in various posts in the private sector and involved in new projects and institutions.

In previous statements you have indicated that the woman has to advance her educational, technical, social and cultural levels of knowledge, pointing out to the Arab proverb, which says: 'If one rides on ignorance, he will bring humiliation to himself and if one accompanies ignorance, he will lose his way'. In your opinion, what is the way to achieve this level of advancement?
I have pointed out previously that the woman should enhance her educational, technical, social and cultural knowledge. What the woman in these areas has achieved is good, but she has to develop herself further as life is a journey of continuous learning.

Therefore, the woman and the man alike should undertake this journey by following everything that is new, updating their information and educating themselves on the latest inventions.

Part 2 of interview

I am certain that the UAE woman realises her responsibility towards advancing herself and rising to a higher level.

The UAE woman's attainment of education has become a well known fact and her excellence in various fields is crystal clear. The country has opened for her the doors of development through university and technological learning. Activities are open to all at the women's cultural and vocational organisations and institutions.

I am looking for a greater participation by the UAE woman in these institutions and social and cultural activities. We thank God that our wise leadership is giving special attention to this issue and that the UAE's leading women, particularly Sheikha Fatima, are giving care in this respect whether related to the home, school, university and work place or to woman-related legislation.

However, the responsibility of building an educated and well-informed woman is a personal duty, because if the woman is not interested in developing herself to acquire higher education that helps her to cope with the modern age's rapid developments and changes, then the yield of governmental efforts will not be great.

Praise be to God, the UAE woman is an ambitious and confident person, and we want her to avail herself all existing opportunities to develop herself and upgrade her abilities, in line with her religious principles and social values.

In today's world, the media has become an integral part of our daily lives. In your opinion, what role the media should play?
We are living in the age of the media. Our world has become a small village and the media has a big responsibility towards raising the level of knowledge and enlightenment and preserving and spreading our heritage and traditions.

The media is no longer a message directed by a media organ to the audience – it is an interactive operation in which all parties take part. We have a well-informed audience that accepts the media only if it respects their intelligence and adds something new to their knowledge. I believe that our media has to be more interactive with society – it needs to increase awareness and education.

In all societies, there are several social issues that cope with new changes and developments. It is the duty of the media to keep up with changes and introduce developments in a proper manner and in an attractive style.

The responsibility of our media has increased because the options of the audience have increased too. If you lose interaction with your audience, they will lose interest and search for other media outlets. The field is open to all and the Internet has put the world in your hands.

Sheikh Zayed has called for the UAE woman's participation in all fields, including the political. In addition, Sheikha Fatima has indicated that the UAE woman will soon become a member of the Federal National Council. Do you think the time has come for the UAE woman to enter the political arena, and if so why? How will such a representation serve the UAE woman? Will the emirate of Dubai present a list of leading women personalities as candidates to the FNC, like the emirate of Abu Dhabi?

The participation of women in the Federal National Council (FNC) is a natural development of her role in all national domains. The woman, who has proved herself as a ministry undersecretary, assistant undersecretary, a manager or a university professor, is capable of participating in the FNC.

If the woman takes part in the FNC, she will enrich the Council's activities not only as a woman, but also as an active member of society. The presence of women in the Council completes the picture of our society where efforts of men and women are intertwined. In all cases, the woman's opinion should not be absent on issues that are discussed by the FNC concerning women.

Sheikha Fatima and the UAE General Women's Union played a big role in the maternity leave issue which led to the Council's approval and the government's endorsement of the amendments proposed by the Union.

But regarding the nomination of women to the FNC as representatives of the emirate of Dubai, our wise leadership has to decide.

In your opinion, what are the challenges UAE society will face as we have entered the 21st century?
I have referred to some of these challenges and I believe that the main challenge faced by us is education. Educational development has already started, but we need speedier action as we have a long road which we have to pass through in a short time.

Education in our country, as Sheikh Mohammed said, is a race with time. So if we succeed in reshaping education, then confronting other challenges will be easier, leading to more jobs for thousands of young men and women who will join the labour market over the next few years.

We have also the challenge of Gulf and Arab integration. This is the age of big entities, and we, in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, have to speed up the steps of integration.

However, among the major challenges are cultural and ethical ones. In the age of globalisation we have to enhance our values and inculcate them in the minds of the new generations. We have to develop our culture to protect our national identity and interact confidently with the world.

In previous statements you had mentioned that 'the biggest investment is investment to build generations of intellectuals and educated groups'. With the increase in the number of qualified female university graduates, what role, in your view, should they play in society?
The role of this category is expanding and it will have a strong presence in work places. I count greatly on the role of university graduates and qualified women. It is no secret when I say Sheikh Mohammed is attaching special attention to this category, opening for them new domains of work, development and progress.

Sheikh Mohammed believes that society's progress is related to the woman's role as it is related to the man's.

The requirements of development do not differentiate between a man and a woman, what is important is that both work diligently in serving society. How do you perceive the concept of equality between the man and the woman and what is, in your opinion, the UAE's perception of this concept?
My view and that of the society regarding equality between man and woman is derived from our religion which gives equality to both sexes in terms of rights and duties.

Islam revolutionised the status of the woman, giving her new rights altogether. These rights emanated from the principle of protecting the woman's dignity, enhancing her humanity and preserving her rights.

At the end of a busy schedule filled with responsibilities and chores, where do you find comfort and respite?
I find myself among my family, with my husband and children. I feel comforted by any new achievement or progress in our country.

Despite my busy schedule, attending national and social functions and the attention I give to my family and children at home, in school and wherever they go, I am keen on following local, Arab and international political events daily.

I am also keen on keeping myself acquainted with the country's economic developments as I like to know everything about my nation's development process and the activities of UAE officials, particularly my husband.

I am concerned about him because of his incessant work which entails following up projects and looking into the smallest details, not to forget his political and social responsibilities. I always try to find some time for reading, as I am interested in Arab and Islamic history and the stories of Arab and Muslim leaders.

Part # 3 Interview with thw Gulf News

I am a regular reader of the Holy Quran, the sayings of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) and the Holy Quran's interpretations. I am also keen on reading educational books on children as they help me to direct my children, educate them and help them with their studies.

It is said that behind every great man there is a woman and some insist that the opposite is true. How accurate, from your perspective, are these two theories and where do you find yourself?
I don't believe in these sayings, for the man and woman have their own roles. The more integrated their roles are, the more success each will gain. But even when these words come true in some cases, they cannot be generalised and cannot be a rule.

There are many requirements for the successful leader because the leadership concept is so extensive. If there is a role to be played by the leader's wife, it has to be through supporting him, comforting him and sharing some of his tasks, particularly those in the social and charity spheres.

Such a role is peculiar to our society which sticks to its values and traditions. The leader's wife can follow up women's issues, encourage them to pursue education and work and set up venues to help her to carry out her activities, express herself and her creativity.

The UAE family today lives in a time that is different than what it is was over four decades ago. The changes that have taken place have brought with them the positives but the dangers as well. Do such changes worry you? And if so why?
I have spoken about this subject, but I want to reiterate that change is the norm of life, and every change brings with it benefits and risks.

I believe that when the changes are rapid and radical, they bring with them concern which is a human trait not confined to a certain society or category.

Yes, I am concerned, but it is a positive concern, a concern that focuses on gaining the benefits of change and avoiding risks. There is also a negative concern, which focuses on fear and worry regarding change, and I do not know this kind of concern.

I have learnt from my husband the positive concern. Yes, changes affect UAE society, and we have to direct these changes towards achie-ving further benefits for our society. By the way, positive concern is an excellent recipe and it is the characteristic of successful people.

You have sons who are involved in many responsibilities. As a mother what is your advice to today's mothers who have just begun the process of bringing up their children?
The mother has a special responsibility towards the upbringing of her children, but to carry out this task satisfactorily there should be a father's role because the mother's role is not enough. I advisse mothers what I advise myself and what I learnt from my husband Sheikh Mohammed.

He teaches his children at an early age the meanings of honesty, courage and frankness. He also teaches them the love of land and the principles of Islam, including prayers, fasting, respecting the elderly and sympathising with the young.

I advise them not to over pamper their children. They have to teach them earnestness where it is required and inculcate the values of education and work in their hearts and minds.

My husband has helped me to do all this, and I hope that every father is like Sheikh Mohammed, who has a unique personality that combines earnestness, decisiveness, flexibility and passion. He is a knight regarding morals and relations with his family. He is a passionate father and a sincere friend to his children dealing with them frankly and transparently.

He plants in them the love of the land, doing good to others and commitment to their society, Arab identity and religion. He teaches them how to overcome hardships and confront problems defiantly and confidently, having firm belief in God.

Sheikh Mohammed has passionate relations with his children and is their friend. He teaches them genuine and noble values and he encourages them to develop their talents and hobbies.

I advise mothers to follow the affairs of their children at home, school and everywhere else. They also have to educate themselves by reading and actively participating in women's and charity associations.

I trust the ability of modern mothers to produce a strong generation firmly committed to its religion and proud of its heritage, history and nation.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=-2]© Al Nisr Publishing LLC - Gulf News Online[/size][/font]

An Interview with These the 1st Lady Of DUBAI

Thanks for posting this, El Jood :) Shaikha Hind seems a very intelligent and positive person, and a great role model for her fellow countrywomen.

KatieLouise said:
Thanks for posting this, El Jood :) Shaikha Hind seems a very intelligent and positive person, and a great role model for her fellow countrywomen.
Your welcome dear
Yes she does... and the UAE really love her ....
she helps the poor and always participates in charity work....
here are some pictures of her children
There is a Picture showing Sheikh Mohammed's Love to his kids

1st Pic Sheikh Rahshid
3rd Pic Sheikh Hamdan
4th Pic Sheikh Saeed

Attachments

• Rashid.jpg
    Rashid.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 682
  • Mo+ra.jpg
    Mo+ra.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4,047
  • fzaa301.gif
    fzaa301.gif
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,994
  • Saeed.jpg
    Saeed.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 12,491
Last edited by a moderator:
Is Sheika Hind still considered as the primary wife or has Haya been promoted? I get the impression that in the international stage, Haya is the one who is Shk. Mo's wife.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Is Sheika Hind still considered as the primary wife or has Haya been promoted? I get the impression that in the international stage, Haya is the one who is Shk. Mo's wife.
Well i guess that Haya will represent him outside the uae or even outside the Gulf countries.I dont think Haya is his international wife.Than that will make sheikha Hind his local wife and that does not make sense at all.They are both his wife at the end of the day and he cant compre them because one apperas publicaly and the other dosnt.

Hmm, I do, too, feel for Sheikha Hind. To me the whole Sheikh Mohammed/Princess Haya thing is less that he married another woman but he seems to be trying to supplant Sheikha Hind's role in Dubai slowly and steadily with P. Haya in her stead. S. Hind is considered from all counts considered the unofficial "second lady" of Dubai and loved to death. Eventhough she's not photographed, she does seem to have a VERY public role in Dubai society. There are quite of few articles about her speaking engagements, charity events, etc. and stories from people who've seen her in public, just no photographs. She seems to be very traditional in her personal life, which is why she probably puts up with all the crap S. Mohammed has done to her; but she's progressive enough to support women issues etc. in the public. Heck, she's even allowed some of her daughters to make very public appearances.

It does seem, though, S. Mohammed is trying to pass P. Haya as his only wife and "2nd Lady" of Dubai...WTH!!! It's one thing to see them photographed at horse events since that's her--I thought--big interests, but at that Beirut summit??? Okay, I'll give the benefit of the doubt; for all intents and purposes, maybe S. Hind doesn't do big international summits and has allowed P. Haya to go in her and participate in these things. (I don't believe that though.) But that fake women's conference P. Haya's hosting in Dubai!! This thing is going to be hugely public in Dubai. Not only that, but have ambassadors and ambassadors' wives attending, especially ambassadors and ambassadors' wives from Western countries?? What's really gives here?? From all articles and stories I've read, the "women and family issues" meetings and conferences in held Dubai that S. Hind attends and/or supports don't have attendances by Western ambassadors and ambassadors' wives if I'm wrong please correct me. Also, I have a feeling P. Haya will have more public women's forums and will slowly outsource the Sheikha's events in the public. I hope this doesn't happen, but I have a bad feeling...

But this seems to be is S. Mohammed trying to make him and by default Dubai look modern and Western to the Western world. His marriage to P. Haya and her major public appearances just screams: Hey, Western world, look at me and my Western educated, Western-looking, modern Arab wife from a modern Arab country!!!...Aren't I Western and modern guy!..Please invest in my country...Huh, what other wife?? My thing is if you're going to be polygamist, give all your wives respect; don't act like they don't exist. While S. Hind, who seems to be a backbone of Dubai society, is getting kicked to the curb. I do wonder what are the societal and political problems that this marriage will cause Dubai and UAE proper. 2005 is going to be a helluva year for Dubai cuz shonuff fireworks are gonna to fly. Just will they fly publicly, that's the thing??!!

-vetwoman01

Last edited:
can you give us a hint????:D

El Jood said:
Hi Samira,. you welcome dear...i am glad to hear that
I will Have some more news about sh. Hind soon

Sheikha Hind's Daughter Sh. Salamah bint Mohammed
4 years old

Attachments

• Sh,Salama.bmp
    170.3 KB · Views: 731
Status