The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Nobility

check out these pix
Flickr: socute2's Photostream

*u kno i'd luv to meet sheikha Maryam, cuz frm her pix I jus really get this impression that she seems to be a self obsorbed, really conceited person, and i'd like to believe that that isn't true
(again...im not attacking her, but i jus wish her pix would portray her otherwise...she's pretty - no doubt...but kinda over doin it, don't u think?)

Old 04-17-2010, 01:54 AM
Gentry

I agree its a bit much. I think they are doing all of this with Maryam to get her married faster and it does not seem to be working. Most gulf royal families to not like for their girls to be as 'out there' in the public with vanity photos as Maryam is. Still, maybe in the end it will work. I hear that Mo is not happy that she has not had any proposals yet...

Old 04-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Gentry

I agree I think is very conceited. I'm interested in me Maryam is not engaged with anyone? What does he do (studying or working)? I've never seen a picture on which she is in arabian dress.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisha Jala View Post
I agree I think is very conceited. I'm interested in me Maryam is not engaged with anyone? What does he do (studying or working)? I've never seen a picture on which she is in arabian dress.
so true...i was thinkin the same thing
and why is he jus worried bout maryam 2, wut bout his her other daughters (latifa 1 and maryam 1, shamsa-Lord knows wut ever happened to her, Maitha-tru she has her career) but doesn't he went them to get married?....they're all well into their 20s, maybe soon to be 30....
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Courtier

i think thats how she is from pictures looks like it because maryam looks to be a favord one in the family. i dont think she will be married until she wants and maby shes having fun now and its not time for it. i see some ways in these tv girls, not exactly but theres similar things. money, privlege and trips and lord knows what happens when young maktoums are in london/paris. this doesnt have to mean there not nice or anything. hamdan looks as he has fun like this but also seems like a great person. i wonder anyone has met a maktoum before.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:49 PM
Royal Highness

I also think that Maryam can have her own way,she seems to be the most out-going and obviously her family doesn`t restrict her or prohibit that these images of her are published...I don`think that they are forced into a marriage or at least I wouldn`t see a reason for doing so as they are still young and they don`t need to marry anybody for their wealth...but I have to admit that I am less interested in Maryam because I don`t see/know what she is doing (apart from riding,but everybody in the family is riding horses) I find people like Maitha much more interesting because she is doing Karate which I think is quite unique for a a girl especially in the Gulf and therefore I think she must be very ambitious and she has her own will! I like women who have a cause,ambitions and dedication rather than women who are just beautiful-but of course we will never know what the girls are really doing with their time and how they feel ...it would be great if we could hear or read what they want to tell but they seem to be very restricted-they are seen in pictures but not heard-they never give big speeches at important meetings or give interviews to newspapers or TV....
Old 04-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Nobility

someone pls tell me that these rashid pix are recent
Flickr: socute'2's Photostream
*Maryam's eyebrows are really screwed up...no joke
Old 04-20-2010, 03:49 AM

ok no offence that pic of maryam is really scary and i totally agree with u wats up with the eyebrows....i thnk sheikh rashids pictures are old and everyone is just repeating the same pics over and over again because he has gone out of the public eye.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:02 AM
Gentry

i have to agree that the pic of Myryam is really scary and no nice at all..
Old 04-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
I don't think the pic is that bad, she just penciled her eyebrows in really black. I used to do that actually, and it is a big trend in the UAE and other gulf countries for girls to do that...She still has a pretty heart shaped face..maybe lay off of the eyebrow pencil a little bit
Old 04-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

عطر الجليلة بنت م*مد بن راشد آل مكتوم يباب.كوم
interesting article in Arabic about a perfume made for Al Jalilah :)
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 04-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I also think that Maryam can have her own way,she seems to be the most out-going and obviously her family doesn`t restrict her or prohibit that these images of her are published...I don`think that they are forced into a marriage or at least I wouldn`t see a reason for doing so as they are still young and they don`t need to marry anybody for their wealth...but I have to admit that I am less interested in Maryam because I don`t see/know what she is doing (apart from riding,but everybody in the family is riding horses) I find people like Maitha much more interesting because she is doing Karate which I think is quite unique for a a girl especially in the Gulf and therefore I think she must be very ambitious and she has her own will! I like women who have a cause,ambitions and dedication rather than women who are just beautiful-but of course we will never know what the girls are really doing with their time and how they feel ...it would be great if we could hear or read what they want to tell but they seem to be very restricted-they are seen in pictures but not heard-they never give big speeches at important meetings or give interviews to newspapers or TV....
_____
Doesn't Maryam do anything with art/photography. She was given some sort of trophee recently at an event her father and bros attend but no photo or coverage from Maryam ...
Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Gentry

Sh. Rashid's website is renewed, although I have not found any new information about it .. Doesn't know anybody something new about Rashid?? The photos in Public Events category are new or old pictures? Could tell me anybody? Rashid is missing me...
Old 04-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

[QUOTE=Aisha Jala;The photos in Public Events category are new or old pictures? [/QUOTE]

all are old
Old 04-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Gentry

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/...9264fd61_m.jpg hamdan with Maryam???
Old 04-21-2010, 08:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisha Jala View Post
why is this shocking????
Old 04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Courtier

i thinking the eyebrows maryam picture is photoshop. doesnt look like her realy.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Courtier

Shk mansoor دار الخليــــج-أخبار الدار-منصور بن م*مد يطلق الاسم والشعار الجديدين لمجموعة الدكتور موبن
Old 04-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by souzi1990 View Post
Maryam looks pretty, it is just her look in this pic is unusual
Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
Maryam looks pretty, it is just her look in this pic is unusual
no one's saying she doesn't look pretty...its the eyebrows...n they don't look like this in just this pic...take a closer look at her other pix (the few w/o bangs) n u'll see she doesn't really have nice eyebrows...jus my opinion

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46629028@N02/4298613992/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46629028@N02/4362711814/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46629028@N02/4311265787/
*please don't think that I'm this really evil person being terribly critical of someone's eyebrows...but everyone jus got talking bout how some thought she was pretty or not...again i'm not saying she's not pretty...she's very pretty...its just the eyebrows...imo