The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Courtier

Yes, exactly they cant wear jogging clothes & smile all the time, when they are working, they have to look serious and attentive which give that snobby look.
And about the surealistic image. Propaganda & politics dont exist without eachother! (About the boys, not Mahra)
And what head are you talking about? I dont find any head strange

Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

@ Sally1234:
Yes,I also donīt think there is anything wrong with their heads
Itīs just the picture,it looks kind of weird to me,I know itīs taken from a certain angle but I think there are better photos from Sheikh Majid than this one!
In Austria we had an advertisement saying something like "donīt be stupid,man!" in which they had people with such chopped-off-heads to show off that these were stupid customers who pay too much for their products....!
This is why itīs so irritating,I donīt understand why someone would like to present himself as silly to the public.

@Nahla
I also think that Maktoum bin Hasher is a good example for his peers, I think heīs quite funny too:-) I guess the Maktoum children canīt decide what is put on their official homepages, as I wrote earlier they seem not to be in control of its content (pictures,articles,etc.) and I also donīt think they are arrogant!Their homepages are giving such an impression and itīs not necessarily a good thing to show off like that especially if most of your success is built on the fact that you were born into a rich, powerful family and you live on your fatherīs expenses.....!
I also burst out laughing when I read some of the lines that are published on their fathers official homepage, sometimes they are just too hilarious;-)
I would run off or hide under a table if I were going out with such an arrogant guy who always talks about himself like that!He canīt be too rich or good-looking that I would tolerate such a behaviour
So again, I think the children are alright,they just need to work on their homepages (like Sheikh Mansoor is doing, his page is under construction right now)!

Old 07-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

Sheikha Mahraīs bio is also quite...interesting...especially when they write that she supports the Arab fashion industry...haha,I also support the global fashion industry because I donīt go naked and I used to work as a model when I was younger. Oh my god, I have such a huge impact on our society! *lol* (I donīt know why I am still running around without a badge of honour!)
But to me her introduction doesnīt seem soooo weird, not THAT weird, at least you get some information out of it- like her birth date and that she grew up with different cultural influences and where she went to University etc. which is good for a start.

Do you think that maybe the birtdates of non-Hind children are kept a secret so that you cannot evaluate wheter they were born out of the wedlock?
Old 07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Sheikha Mahraīs bio is also quite...interesting...especially when they write that she supports the Arab fashion industry...haha,I also support the global fashion industry because I donīt go naked and I used to work as a model when I was younger. Oh my god, I have such a huge impact on our society! *lol* (I donīt know why I am still running around without a badge of honour!)
We are all supporting the global fashion industry Wow And you definitely should get a badge of honour ASAP
Mansoor website has been under construction for soo long. I dont know what they are constructing thou So you want all the guys websites under construction. It's better for you?!
Old 07-28-2011, 02:18 PM
Aristocracy

@sally1234: Oh of course there's nothing strange with majids head lol. blauerengel was talking about that picture over his biography where his head seemed to be chopped off and for me it's just the angle where the photo was taken strong not that they seriously chopped it off with photoshop by mistake or so. Even though it kinda reminded me first when I saw it of this guys head: http://images.suedtirolnews.it/uploa...rested_com.JPG

@blauerengel: well who's birthday date from the non-hind kids is kept secret? I guess we know it from most of the kids except for like marwan or so but he doesn't seem to have a "official" appearance anyways (like attending events with his father and brothers) so I don't know if they try to keep the dates really secret? btw. I think they didn't wrote that mahra supports the arab fashion industry its more about this abu dhabi designer event or so.. maybe she just attended it.

I had to laugh when i've read on mahras facebook page that she studies at the AUD. Like she's 17 all she does at the AUD is taking some classes to finish High school and not really studying there (like doing a BA or MA or so) but of course it sounds better this way :P and also she plans to launch her own charity initiative? at the age of 17? For me it sounds a bit weird having an own charity at this age (i'm the same age as mahra so I kinda try to relate a bit :P)
I hope the maktoum kids have at least a little bit of control what kind of pictures are on their homepages because i personally would freak out if i'd suddenly see pictures from me online I don't agree with :P
Old 07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
@sally1234: Oh of course there's nothing strange with majids head lol. blauerengel was talking about that picture over his biography where his head seemed to be chopped off and for me it's just the angle where the photo was taken strong not that they seriously chopped it off with photoshop by mistake or so. Even though it kinda reminded me first when I saw it of this guys head: http://images.suedtirolnews.it/uploa...rested_com.JPG
What a pic ! Thats scary!
About Mahra, what cracked me up is when she agreed on what someone wrote about her :

"Shaikha Mahra Al Maktoum started riding in an early age of a year and a half at Oxford Nursery School in UK.

After lived in Athens, Greece. Which her origin is from UAE-Dubai and Greece-Sparta & Ancient Olympia (where the Olympic Games first started)"

Oh Really! A year & half
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
and also she plans to launch her own charity initiative? at the age of 17? For me it sounds a bit weird having an own charity at this age...
About the charities, some of them had charities in their names since they were babies. I find it normal since they are royals!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Royal Highness

...haha...thx for this Sally1234 :"Shaikha Mahra Al Maktoum started riding in an early age of a year and a halfat Oxford Nursery School in UK.

...and I started kicking and moving as soon as I had grown little hands and feet and after I was born I kept my mum entertained with beautifully arranged crying songs so that she got a really painful ear-infection because the joy of music was simply overwhelming her

To get back to normal: I really thought she was studying at AUD just like other normal residents,now you tell me she only did a few courses to finish highschool? Hmm...thereīs nothing wrong about that, but the information is kind of misleading- I believed she was studying next to her highschool duties ( I was also allowed to do a BA in fashion when I was 17) so that she can finish+get her diploma earlier!
At least we have to acknowledge that she is doing some kind of serious work and doesnīt spend all her time (and her fathers money) at Emirates mall or Harrods.
I also believe that the charity foundations have been set up for her while it is not that strange or impossible that a girl of her age is taking interest in politics or cares about people who are less fortunate.

Sally, for how long has Mansoor B.M homepage been closed/restructured? I just found it recently so I donīt know... But heīs on fb too: His Highness Sheikh Mansoor bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum | Facebook ( there are some news and lots of videos + pictures - hmm...I like men in uniforms...)
I really miss this music from Sheikh Hamdans homepage-in old times there was a short music played when you entered the page and an image of the Dubai skyline appeared,oh I loved that so much :-)
Old 07-28-2011, 09:23 PM
Courtier

To the first part!
As for Mansoor website,it has been under construction for 4 good months, and maybe even more!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
Gentry

Shaikha Mahra Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum M.17 - Info | Facebook. isnt mahra this page open maddie ng
Old 08-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Courtier

It seems that Maryam the 2nd got engaged!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

How do u know???
Old 08-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Courtier

It seems that yesterday she wrote this " Jul 31, 2011 10:27p Congratulations *ring *blushing* "
but she deleted it later!!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
It seems that yesterday she wrote this " Jul 31, 2011 10:27p Congratulations *ring *blushing* "
but she deleted it later!!
So she kinda congratulated herself or did I misunderstand this?
Anyways if she really is engaged I'd be happy for her :) Guess it'll be official sooner or later? The engagement from Shaikha was official before the wedding as well wasn't it?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Courtier

Sheikha's engagement was known before cause she engaged very young at 12!
If it's true then we will know about it sooner or later
Old 08-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Are you guys talking about sheikha maryam hinds daughter or is it another one??? And how old is she?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Courtier

We're talking about Hind daughter!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude1237 View Post
Are you guys talking about sheikha maryam hinds daughter or is it another one??? And how old is she?
Yes, Sheikha Hind's daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
Sheikha's engagement was known before cause she engaged very young at 12!
If it's true then we will know about it sooner or later
She was never official engaged, there were talks a while ago but nothing ever happened. There was talks that she was getting engaged to Sheikh Hamdan bin Rahed's son.

I have no clue who she is engaged to but sooner or later we will know.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:01 PM
Courtier

I heard that too, but it's not sure yet. It can be someone else!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Royal Highness

http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/vgn-...007064a8c0RCRD

I think it is Sheikh Majid speaking at a big event,itīs in Arabic,so maybe someone can translate what heīs saying? (Thanks!)

Speech starts after one minute (for those who are impatient;-)
At first I was not sure if it was really him speaking because sometimes the words and lip movements are not completely synchronised,but itīs just the editing I guess. I like his voice:-)
Old 08-01-2011, 08:59 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the link!
His classic arabic is good, atleast better than Hamdans who make alot of mistakes in his speeches

Tags
sheikh ahmed, sheikh maid, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed children, sheikh rashid