The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
Latifa the SECOND (2) is married to the CP of Fujairah. Latifa the 1st is not married, i guess.
There are 3 latifas & 2 Maryams.
Oh she's Latifa 2. LOL There are only 2 latifas in the list so I thought the elder one is Latifa 1.
So which Latifa is the one with the Latifa_MRM- twitter account?

Old 07-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Yes, that's Latifa(1) account. It's even written in her bio.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

But then it must be Latifa 1 who's married to the Crown Prince of Fujairah cause it says her birthday is on june 16th and the one with the Latifa_MRM (which is Latifa 1) account had birthday on june 16th.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Aristocracy

no Latifah 2nd is married to crown prince of fujairah and her birthday is not june 16th thants Latifah the first
Old 07-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
But then it must be Latifa 1 who's married to the Crown Prince of Fujairah cause it says her birthday is on june 16th and the one with the Latifa_MRM (which is Latifa 1) account had birthday on june 16th.
Well, Things are so clear .
Latifa (the 1st) is the one on twitter, and she's the eldest Latifa.
Latifa (the 2nd) is sheikha hind daughter & she's married to CP of Fujairah & has a son named Hamad.
"Enough Said"
Old 07-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Latifa (the 2nd) is sheikha hind daughter & she's married to CP of Fujairah & has a son named Hamad.
"Enough Said"
Yeah but Latifa 1 had her birthday on june 16 (you can read that on her twitter) And on the list on page it says Latifa 2 has birthday on june 16. Well I don't think they share the name and their birthdate, do they?
Old 07-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
Yeah but Latifa 1 had her birthday on june 16 (you can read that on her twitter) And on the list on page it says Latifa 2 has birthday on june 16. Well I don't think they share the name and their birthdate, do they?
Yeah, Latifa (the 1st) is born on 16 june. As for the 2nd Latifa, we dont know.There are many mistakes in that list.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Aristocracy

in the list they stated shiekha hinds daughters first...
latifah the 2nd is married and is a daughter of sh.hind and her birthday is not stated
Old 07-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Aristocracy

Oh well finally got it :) I really wonder how Mohammed manages to keep up with all his kids names and birthdays etc. Like my mom already has problems to keep up with the names of her 3 daughters (like she calls me with my sisters name accidentally etc.)
For me personally the family situation in the al maktoum family is really interesting like how they are related to each other if they have a good relationship to their half-siblings and step-mothers etc.

@sally1234 it's up to us to cover up all mistakes :) Guess with the time we'll know more. And Maryam and her sisters are actually pretty open and answer questions if you ask them kind. :)
Old 07-02-2011, 11:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
"Enough Said"
ur ABSOLUTELY correct!!!!
but i do believe the whole age thing wit sheikha sheikha is lil' too much...too young to marry n too young to be having a kid...imo
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Gentry

ok thx for clearing things up..but I still wonder why Maryam 1 was raised by her aunt... (isn´t her mother also the morroccan wife?)

and I´m very sure that I once read (it was already some time ago) that Latifa 1 tweeted she was watching the godfather with her husband and a friend tweeted back something like "I still can´t belive but you´r actually married" so.....who is that man i wonder
Old 07-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No, she's not her sister, but they were raised together cause her mom is Sheikha Futaim Bint Rashed( Sheikh Mohd sis), & shaikha Maryam(the 1st) was raised by her. Her full name is Sheikha Latifa bint rashed bin Khalifa Al Maktoum.
I think you are right,she is not a daughter of Mohammed as it said in the documentary "bint Rashid bin Khalifa..." which as I understand means that she is the daughter of Rashid bin Khalifa bin Saeed Al Maktoum:-) And besides that I think she has a completely different look-her face is more oval, her chin is rounder and her eyes are not like any of Sheikh Mohameds children... but I have to admit I am really impressed by the animals she owns,I have never seen such strong,beautiful tiger before!Her voice reminds me a little bit of P.Haya when she speaks English,Latifa sounds like a really nice,kind person
Old 07-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by July01 View Post
ok thx for clearing things up..but I still wonder why Maryam 1 was raised by her aunt... (isn´t her mother also the morroccan wife?)

and I´m very sure that I once read (it was already some time ago) that Latifa 1 tweeted she was watching the godfather with her husband and a friend tweeted back something like "I still can´t belive but you´r actually married" so.....who is that man i wonder
u kno i honestly don't kno...cuz i always thought that Maryam 1 was a full sister of Latifa 1, but i guess not....n i don't believe its Latifa 1 who is married....u r mistaking her for LateefaM (http://twitter.com/#!/LateefaM) who i do believe is married...she is a cousin of both Latifa 1 and 2....but no one knows anything about Latifa 3....for all we know, she was only mentioned once in Sheikha Maitha's tweet...
Old 07-05-2011, 05:52 AM
Royal Highness

To me Latifa has one of the most interesting twitter accounts, she sounds very intelligent,lively and versatile!

I am amused with this tweet: "Stop hitting the snooze button on life, and get out there, live it, and make something of it."
->the snooze button was one of my favourite buttons during my days at school because I don´t like to get up early.... I guess I am more Spanish in this way-getting up late,eat dinner at eight,celebrate with friends and go to bed when the sun starts to rise...
Well,I guess Sheikha Latifa and the rest of her family are more of an early bird-type;-)

I looked at her homepage where she is quoting her main influences such as Salvador Dali,M.C. Escher and Georgia O´Keeffe which makes her even more likeable as they are some artists that I also admire,especially Georgia O.K paintings!

Her works haven´t been widely recognised in Europe but she got some press coverage in a few Arab newspapers.
Here are some of her pictures if you are curious: Lateefa Bint Maktoum
these are my 3 personal faves:
Picture No 14/26/32 -I wanted to make a direct link but you can only acces these photos through clicking on the thumbnails in the gallery:-)

It seems that she is musing a lot about female identities in an Arab/Muslim context & I have to admit that I can´t really relate to this too much as I grew up Western/Catholic but there are some formidable, strong, expressive images among them.
I believe she has some valuable ideas and a good eye for colour and composition though I think she still has a lot to learn-that´s not to be mean, I also work as an artist but unless you happen to be born as a prodigy- how fortunate!- you are never good enough to sit down and stop developing!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 AM
Courtier

Yeah, her full name is Lateefa bint Maktoum Bin Rashed Al Maktoum (Daughter of the late ruler of Dubai).
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 AM

What is wonderful is that these brothers love and respect each other.
Islam plays an important role in maintaining the family united, there is respect for parents and grandparents. The family is vital!
Unfortunately, we forgot what is respect! It's a notion forgotten or isolated. When we look origins, our children have siblings and parents forget that we are lost as a nation!

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed has several children with several wives or girlfriends. No matter. It is important that everyone loves, respects women in his life and protect them, protect the family. It is a wonderful man!
It has beautiful children, Crown Prince Sheikh Hamdan is a symbol of the Islamic world!
Islamic family should be an example to all cultures and countries!
May Allah protect them!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
To me Latifa has one of the most interesting twitter accounts, she sounds very intelligent,lively and versatile!...
you're so right! As being very interested in art I always had an eye on her tweets and of course her pictures! Her art is very impressive and strong IMO. I don't like many famous artist just because their art says nothing to me (van gogh etc.) but Latifa has definitely a good eye to make strong pictures and for me they make me think a lot about the role of muslim women all over the world. I really wonder how she makes those pictures. Like making a photograph and the work with photoshop (she tweets a lot that she's working with photoshop). If I get the chance to go to dubai one day I really hope to make a visit to Tashkeel.
My fav. picture's number 3 :) Love the colours, love the sunshine, love the forest. Looks like an arabic fairytale. :)
I love that almost all Al Maktoums are very interested in art (poetry or just the "normal" art) Almost all of them write or draw, don't think we have in europe that many young ppl who are interested in such things.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Gentry

Ok, i just read on maitha saeed m.al maktoums, ask&answer page that one of her cousens Maitha Maktoum died on june 14th 2011.. ??? any info?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Aristocracy

What kind of ask&answer page was that? Because I haven't read anything about this!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Courtier

There are many maitha's in that family.

Tags
sheikh ahmed, sheikh maid, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed children, sheikh rashid