Maryam bint Mohammad bin Rashed Al Maktoum (Official Page) | Facebook
Old 07-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzg View Post
she have pictshare with Tom Cruz
Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Aristocracy

So Maryam wrote me back and she and Shaikha were really born 1992. and she wrote that Fatima (futtaim) is 3 years younger. Not sure if this means she's born in 1995 or 1994.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Aristocracy

she did state that futtaim was born july 22nd 1994
Old 07-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe I´m wrong,but I thought that the age limit for marriage is 18,but maybe in the UAE its different...?So if your informations are correct she was only 16 or 17 years old when Sheikha got married!?!
I really don´t understand that, she could have got engaged at that age but to marry so early is not a good thing to do in my opinion. I think she should at least have finished her schooling. Does anyone know if she knew her husband before or did they get married for political alliances? In my country people only marry that early if they have an unwanted pregnancy or just think they know it better than the rest of the world....
Well,it´s not my business, nevertheless I´m sure it´s not a smart thing to marry that early if you are a level-headed girl hoping to acchieve and accomplish something in life but I hope that she gets happy
Old 07-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Aristocracy

@blauerengel: Well somebody correct me but from what I know the age limit for marriage in UAE is 18 as well but I've read somewhere that in special exception you can marry in UAE before you're 18. And yes she was 16 when she married and 17 when she gave birth to Sheema. From what I know the Al Maktoum family has a good relationship to the Bahraini King Family so I guess they knew each other before and from what I've read on twitter they actually love each other even though I think their parents wanted the wedding as well. Also marriages in such a young age aren't such a special thing in the arab world. Guess she actually is happy
Old 07-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Gentry

I agree that this is too early to marry, but from what i know Nasser really wanted to marry her. I agree with Nahla19 that they love each other...from what i´ve read on her twitter she´s really happy and when they write to each other it´s full of love :) so sweet ... maybe it was their wish to marry so soon so they could finally be close
Old 07-02-2011, 03:40 PM
Courtier

Well, since they are married and have a child, it's unnecessary to talk about why she married young, she was just 17 and blablabla. Its not unusual for girls here to marry at a young age since its their choice & are happy with it.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:25 PM
Gentry

i think i found another Latifa on twitter Twitter .. she calls Maryam the 1st her big sister two times. if she´s close to Maryam 1 she is probably not the Latifa by Hind and Latifa 1 is this http://twitter.com/#!/LatifaMRM so this would mean there are three Latifas...
but can anyone explain me why someone would call three of his children the same name? is that a normal thing in their culture? seems weird to me...
Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Gentry

btw. Latifa 1 once tweeted something about her husband.. does anyone know whom she´s married to?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by July01 View Post
btw. Latifa 1 once tweeted something about her husband.. does anyone know whom she´s married to?
Husband She never said that, maybe you are talking about someone else. Show me the tweet.
Old 07-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Aristocracy

Latifa 1 is married to the Crown Prince of Fujairah.
Btw. are there 3 Latifas and 2 Maryams or 2 Maryams and 3 Latifas?
Old 07-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
i think i found another Latifa on twitter Twitter .. she calls Maryam the 1st her big sister two times. if she´s close to Maryam 1 she is probably not the Latifa by Hind and Latifa 1 is this Twitter so this would mean there are three Latifas...
but can anyone explain me why someone would call three of his children the same name? is that a normal thing in their culture? seems weird to me...
Well I don't know if it is common to give more than one child the same name but it is definitely common to have more than one person with the same name in the entire family (f.e. Mohammed bin Rashids brothers name is Hamdan, his sons name is Hamdan as well and now there's a grandchild with the name Hamdan.) Guess the reason why there are more than one Latifa and Maryam is because they have diff. mothers. Even though this makes the whole thing extremely confusing IMO.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
i think i found another Latifa on twitter Twitter .. she calls Maryam the 1st her big sister two times. if she´s close to Maryam 1 she is probably not the Latifa by Hind and Latifa 1 is this Twitter so this would mean there are three Latifas...
the first account you provided is for latifah maktoum almaktoum not a daughter of sh.mohammed... and with cousins sometimes here when they are closed they say sister or feel like sisters
Old 07-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahla10 View Post
Latifa 1 is married to the Crown Prince of Fujairah.
Btw. are there 3 Latifas and 2 Maryams or 2 Maryams and 3 Latifas?
Latifa the SECOND (2) is married to the CP of Fujairah. Latifa the 1st is not married, i guess.
There are 3 latifas & 2 Maryams.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
i think i found another Latifa on twitter Twitter .. she calls Maryam the 1st her big sister two times. if she´s close to Maryam 1 she is probably not the Latifa by Hind and Latifa 1 is this http://twitter.com/#!/LatifaMRM so this would mean there are three Latifas...
No, she's not her sister, but they were raised together cause her mom is Sheikha Futaim Bint Rashed( Sheikh Mohd sis), & shaikha Maryam(the 1st) was raised by her. Her full name is Sheikha Latifa bint rashed bin Khalifa Al Maktoum.
This is a video of her with her Big cats "spice & sugar"

Here the link in english

Tags
sheikh ahmed, sheikh maid, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed children, sheikh rashid