The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:03 PM
Courtier

Rashid was & maybe still the most passionate of all Sheikh Mohd sons about all kind of races. He enjoyed it with passion & took it very seriously! IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I donīt know why heīs not in the public anymore,and Dior I donīt think that he doesnīt like to be seen,just look at his old pictures and you will see he likes to pose for the camera!Itīs no wonder,haha,I think heīs really fit and handsome;-)
And I am sorry that I wrote something that was so terribly misunderstood,I will try to be more precise.What I was basically saying is that Sheikh Rashid has made one mistake (and we donīt know about anything else except for the strange story in South Africa) and now he doesnīt take part in any endurance rides and I donīt think itīs because he has a sport-related injury or doesnīt have a horse to train with.There are lots of good horses in Dubai,I have seen them with my own eyes,there must be like hundreds of them,but I didnīt count so i canīt give you the exact number *lol*
I agree with you. Rashed even had his own professional photographer that was with him everywhere! So saying suddenly that he doesnt like to be seen publicly is not reasonable IMO Rashed actually was very spontaneous in his interviews too!

Old 08-07-2011, 05:27 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
just a tiny note have you even thought that maybe rashid didnt really like or enjoy the endurance races?? Ahmed use to ride more than rashid and he doesnt anymore...
also Majid does not like it at all but does it for his father/ the only brother who seems to enjoy the ridding part of horses is Hamdan , Rashid was always a flat race person
Yeah it's pretty weird that they spent so much time with riding races when they were young and now stopped for no obvious reasons (talking bout rashid and especially ahmed) So maybe you're right that they didn't enjoy it. But I wonder if they really would've done it just for their father and why Majid didn't stop yet if he shouldn't enjoy it. I thought they really enjoyed it all because they seem to love their horses and riding such huge races takes a lot of effort and practice I guess so it would be really sad if they don't enjoy it after all. But yeah, I'll never understand the "arab way of thinking" because it seems like they really do a lot for their father/ family just to make them happy ( I mean seriously, I really wonder if just a single guy enjoys those "men rounds" they have in their huge living rooms (or should I call them halls?) where they just sit around and can only talk to the persons right on the left and right because everyone else is too far away. For me, those rounds always look pretty boring in the videos and I wonder what they always talk about.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:45 AM
Royal Highness

So you mean they do all of this even though they completely loathe it? I always thought they love horses and riding because they grew up with it and everybody seems to enjoy it..
The more I get to know the more I am amazed how they tolerate to be so messed around with, why do they do it?I also took up a lot of hobbies but if I wanted to stop it my parents didnīt try to force me even if they have paid a lot for my training or equipment....
Old 08-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I wouldn't speculate whether if they were forced into riding or not. People can grow out of their hobbies for some reason or the boys just lost interest or have more to do. They might be riding in their private time but not joining races which can be very difficult and you do need a good amount of training to do.

The men meetings that take place in their big sitting rooms don't last long, its a traditional sitting where people meet the royals and they can talk to them about their problems, obviously not everything is shown on tv. These gatherings take no more than one and a half hour from in to out. Its a good way for royals and citizens to meet different people from different families and work areas.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Commoner

Sometimes back, somebody posted a link (DUBAI ROYAL FAMILY AIDE LIFTS LID ON UK PALACE SEX SECRETS. Ŧ The Battle for Britain) in a particular thread (I forgot which one) where in the article it is mentioned that Rashid underwent drug rehabilitation. This is probably why he has disappeared (if that article contains some truth).
As for Majid and horse racing, I personally do not think that he does not like to ride. In his 2009 annual book it is mentioned that “His Highness Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is a passionate equestrian and an avid follower of this particular sport”.
Additionally, he still takes part in the races and had won the CE13* 160 at Euston park in June. Here (RootsWeb's WorldConnect Project: June Ferguson's Royal Genealogy Page) it is also revealed that he owns 16 horses (8 years back)which according to me he loves that sport. The number of horses he currently owns may have increased.
Coming to Ahmed, when comparing pictures of him when he was in his late teens and now, it can be seen that he has put on weight. He probably cannot ride due to his inappropriate weight for that sport.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

i didnt say forced!! no i ment they might like it but not madly in love with it/ but some times you would do things to please your dad like all of us
Old 08-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Courtier

The one that really do everything to please his dad, is Hamdan. He doesnt seem to enjoy riding anymore IMO nor poetry lol But he's the CP, so he's doing his duty, and pleasing Sheikh Mohd is maybe not that easy!
Old 08-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Royal Highness

dazzling, I think you are right,maybe they like the sports in private but they donīt enjoy to compete which I could understand as itīs an awful lot of training and those races are very stressy and there are too many people and too many cars and everybody is shouting around,but I thought that the boys enjoyed all of this excitement and attention *lol*
I was just thinking about what lady blue said,maybe sheīs met the boys and knows more about it?
Old 08-07-2011, 03:03 PM
Royal Highness

@ Cato Vent- your first link is to an anti-Arab/muslim website so of course they will use any rumour to defame the Dubai Royal family, I donīt take that seriously, hate from no matter which side or religion is not good and just because you disagree with someone or you doubt their good intentions you shouldnīt spread bad rumours about them,IMO.
Letīs try to stick to the facts,which is,that we know absolutely nothing!

And forget this official biography,all of these press releases and texts are written by underpaid ghostwriters, I donīt think that they truly represent the person it was written about *lol*
Old 08-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Commoner

@blauerengel : I think you misunderstood what I wrote. The ‘Rashid Part’ was just a probability about why he has disappeared because so many people ask about him. Or maybe I should not have assumed the reason for his disappearance. As for the article, you are probably right & that is why I previously said “If that article contains some truth” because we all know how journalists can twist what they are told.
I’ve nothing against Rashid and his family or anyone else. My post was just what I thought of the whole situation and it was honestly not targeting anyone else’s post.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

I was just questioning the provenance of your information, I doubt that it is trustworthy;-)
That was not meant against you,but one has to be careful to choose the right sources and donīt repeat everything just because it is written black on white.
I also donīt know more than you,but hopefully weīll find out someday....
Old 08-08-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
The one that really do everything to please his dad, is Hamdan. He doesnt seem to enjoy riding anymore IMO nor poetry lol But he's the CP, so he's doing his duty, and pleasing Sheikh Mohd is maybe not that easy!
It's hard to judge someone from pictures. To me, Hamdan seems very passionate about his poetry. Its not easy to write therefore takes time.
Personally, if the boys didn't like the riding I don't think they will be wining many of the races, the wins come after hard training.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:03 AM
Gentry

Quote:
IMO he does enjoy riding! I had the chance to see him already at different races. If you would see him only once with the horses you would understand that there is a connection between him and his horses. He is passionated about this sport and he says that riding, skydiving and the poetry influenced his life in a very positive way
Old 08-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, I also think he enjoys being with horses a lot:-)
But maybe they donīt like the stress that comes with big endurance competitions, they are always so terribly chaotic and there are a lot of people shouting around,taking pictures or making videos or just standing in your way *lol*
I wonder how much tranquilizer the horses get in their water, I would go crazy with all this razzle-dazzle and noise
Old 08-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Gentry

I also think that the boys enjoy the riding. If they wouldnīt they would not win races because you canīt be excellent in a sport if you donīt have the passion for it. and for example Maktoum never did riding and I donīt think his dad likes him less because of that... The reason they donīt compete anymore is probably a lack of time for the hard training because they also have other things to do now and it must be alot of pressure for them when they compete because their probably expected to win. itīs probably a private thing now more for relaxation from their jobs.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

I personally think they have there own choice to ride, you can tell by a persons face if they are doing something out of love or hate. And as it was repeated b4 in other posts you need to have passion and skill to win!!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by July01 View Post
I also think that the boys enjoy the riding. If they wouldnīt they would not win races because you canīt be excellent in a sport if you donīt have the passion for it. and for example Maktoum never did riding and I donīt think his dad likes him less because of that... The reason they donīt compete anymore is probably a lack of time for the hard training because they also have other things to do now and it must be alot of pressure for them when they compete because their probably expected to win. itīs probably a private thing now more for relaxation from their jobs.
I think Maktoum has duties & responsibilities more than the others. He's the only one we see receiving high profile businessmen and changing ideas with them in a meeting.
But, i know that Sheikh Mohd rule, and his kids just obey him! If he tells someone or the other to come & participate in a race, the can't say NO!
Old 08-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
It's hard to judge someone from pictures. To me, Hamdan seems very passionate about his poetry. Its not easy to write therefore takes time.
Personally, if the boys didn't like the riding I don't think they will be wining many of the races, the wins come after hard training.
We can't judge a person by a picture, but a picture does say alot!
When he's reciting his poems, he always do it with passion so that we really believe what he's saying! But when he's assisting to other poets reciting, he does look bored, he's not interested like before, you can simply go and look for a video of him in 2008 & a video from 2011. There is a huge difference IMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anea18 View Post
IMO he does enjoy riding! I had the chance to see him already at different races. If you would see him only once with the horses you would understand that there is a connection between him and his horses. He is passionated about this sport and he says that riding, skydiving and the poetry influenced his life in a very positive way
He does love horses but those competitions are too much pressure & hard work. And a person is not always in a good mood to do it all perfectly!

BTW, yesterday was Salama's birthday so Happy B-day to her
Old 08-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
We can't judge a person by a picture, but a picture does say alot!
When he's reciting his poems, he always do it with passion so that we really believe what he's saying! But when he's assisting to other poets reciting, he does look bored, he's not interested like before, you can simply go and look for a video of him in 2008 & a video from 2011. There is a huge difference IMO!
True but what if that one or two pictures or lets say pictures taken on a certain day, the Sheikh was not well or not in the mood (like us, we all have our days) made an appearance, that would be shown but that wouldn't mean he is not willing or interested
Old 08-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
True but what if that one or two pictures or lets say pictures taken on a certain day, the Sheikh was not well or not in the mood (like us, we all have our days) made an appearance, that would be shown but that wouldn't mean he is not willing or interested
I'm not talking about one day
Anyway, every one has its opinion, we're not supposed to think all the same way!

Tags
sheikh ahmed, sheikh maid, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed children, sheikh rashid