The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Aristocracy

actually he made a couple of mistakes that he should not have done espacially since he was reading from a paper

Old 08-02-2011, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
http://www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae/vgn-...007064a8c0RCRD

I think it is Sheikh Majid speaking at a big event,itīs in Arabic,so maybe someone can translate what heīs saying? (Thanks!)
He started welcoming Sheikh Mohammed and then gave a brief description on Sheikh Mohammed's vision and the start of the new project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
actually he made a couple of mistakes that he should not have done espacially since he was reading from a paper
I thought he read it perfectly and quite calmly with no hesitation in his speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
His classic arabic is good
I wouldn't say that is classic arabic, its more of a proper UAE accent/speech he gave.
Classic arabic sounds a bit different.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Gentry

Ok i just heard that Maryam ((2nd one)) got engaged like yesterday or today.. any info? :)
Old 08-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Gentry

"Congratulations *ring *blushing*" this is what she put on her twitter
Old 08-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post

I wouldn't say that is classic arabic, its more of a proper UAE accent/speech he gave.
Classic arabic sounds a bit different.
He was reading an arabic classic speech, but his accent is more emirati.
I still dont understand why they dont pronouce classic arabic properly in their speeches, and most emiratis have that problem IMO!
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally1234 View Post
He was reading an arabic classic speech, but his accent is more emirati.
I still dont understand why they dont pronouce classic arabic properly in their speeches, and most emiratis have that problem IMO!
because of the accent and slightly different words that are used.
Its like how the Americans and British have different accents even the Australians and they all speak English
Arabic is the same, North African countries all talk slightly different, Gulf countries talk slightly different, the classic arabic isn't used in daily life much.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 PM
Royal Highness

Iīm just glad I donīt have to do a speech in front of you;-) You are judging him very rigid,but I have to believe you because I donīt speak Arabic!
I donīt think that a local accent/dialect is anything bad as long as you can still understand what the speaker is trying to say IMO.
At least it tells where you come from,what kind of education you received and locals can better relate to it- more than if you speak in a posh,pretentious way so that everybody thinks you are an arrogant person....I once met a guy who was speaking so unblemished German pronouncing every syllable perfectly and using antiquated words that you just find in 200-year old books that I really had to pull myself together not to jump into his face even though I also speak proper German...to me it is more comfortable to listen to someone who speaks effortlessly and "normal";-)
Old 08-04-2011, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
Iīm just glad I donīt have to do a speech in front of you;-) You are judging him very rigid,but I have to believe you because I donīt speak Arabic!
I donīt think that a local accent/dialect is anything bad as long as you can still understand what the speaker is trying to say IMO.
At least it tells where you come from,what kind of education you received and locals can better relate to it- more than if you speak in a posh,pretentious way so that everybody thinks you are an arrogant person....I once met a guy who was speaking so unblemished German pronouncing every syllable perfectly and using antiquated words that you just find in 200-year old books that I really had to pull myself together not to jump into his face even though I also speak proper German...to me it is more comfortable to listen to someone who speaks effortlessly and "normal";-)
Do you mean I am judging him?
If so, I don't recall my posts judging anyone
Old 08-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Aristocracy

i think she ment me
Old 08-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady blue View Post
i think she ment me
And me as well
Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Aristocracy

So will they announce the engagement publicly or will it be a private thing???
Old 08-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

usually private until wedding date is set, even then its usualy till a month or two befor the wedding
Old 08-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks!!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Royal Highness

Haha,I would really like to meet all of you in real life one day,I think we could have a lot of fun together;-)
Everybody has the right to his own opinion and I donīt bother if anyone is having a different opinion than me,I am not too serious about what I write on TRF,I sometimes I employ Mr Sarcasm and Lady Irony so when I say "Iīm just glad I donīt have to do a speech in front of you;-)" Iīm just kidding,you are probably right with what you say about his Arabic,I donīt know!It doesnīt seem to bad if you donīt know what heīs talking about,at least he doesnīt move his hands around too much or make silly gestures.The speeches are probably always some kind of "Oh, my father is such a great man and Iīm so honoured to follow his example,heīs my inspirer and I am happy to do everything he asks me to and even if heīs asking me to marry my fat,ugly,silly cousin I will be happy to oblige because I want to do everything to live up to his expectations and make him proud of me..." Haha,somehow i feel sorry for these quys who still need to do everything their parents want to do after they are 18 years old,maybe they have to pay back all the money their father spent on their schooling,food and living and they wonīt get out of this contract till they are 50 cause they always got the most expensive stuff and went to the most exclusive places...!Ok,sorry, I guess my imagination is taking off now,do you think that the Al Maktoum boys can keep the prize money they get for their endurance races/show jumping or other jobs for themselves or do they have to hand it in? I noticed that Mohammeds children always give their medals to him after they win something,itīs a nice gesture but still I think itīs their own work and they should also get the credit for it.Their father may have supplied thm with money and opportunities to practice or support them mentally but still they should not be his slaves for the rest of their life just because of that.I guess he didnīt have much time for them when they were young because he worked a lot and he has (...???...)wives and still they always praise him as if they couldnīt think a proper thought without him,win a race without his support or make money without his blessings...donīt know what you think about this, maybe Iīm wrong?

We still donīt know what happened to Sheikh Rashid,he doesnīt take part in any races,there are no news on his homepage and nothing to be found in the world wide web,I guess heīs fallen out of galahadīs nest and now his father doesnīt want him to be in the public again....no matter what he did (we donīt know as thereīs little transparency,free press or speech in the UAE) it is completely wrong that a father is abandoning his child, it seems he doesnīt practice what Islam is preaching-forgiveness....! Ahhh,the more I learn about the UAE the more I am happy to live in my beautiful city/country and that Iīm blessed to be able to do everything I want to:-)
Old 08-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Gentry

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002095434693. latifa al maktoum

rashid dont like public
Old 08-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Courtier

@blauerengel
Wow I always have fun reading your long speeches
Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Royal Highness

No, I didnīt tell he did a capital crime,no, I said that even if he did, no parent should abandon their child-so as far as I know there was just this scandal in South Africa -which is what I know!

I donīt know why heīs not in the public anymore,and Dior I donīt think that he doesnīt like to be seen,just look at his old pictures and you will see he likes to pose for the camera!Itīs no wonder,haha,I think heīs really fit and handsome;-)
And I am sorry that I wrote something that was so terribly misunderstood,I will try to be more precise.What I was basically saying is that Sheikh Rashid has made one mistake (and we donīt know about anything else except for the strange story in South Africa) and now he doesnīt take part in any endurance rides and I donīt think itīs because he has a sport-related injury or doesnīt have a horse to train with.There are lots of good horses in Dubai,I have seen them with my own eyes,there must be like hundreds of them,but I didnīt count so i canīt give you the exact number *lol*

Now you will probably not find anything about it when you search google,all the articles relating this issue have been removed and somehow the story seems so odd that I find it hard to believe.They wrote that he bought lots of horses and other stuff and couldnīt pay for them- a sheikh who canīt pay his bills? Thought that only happens to ppl like me,haha, but obviously I was wrong and now he disappeared? I forgot to pay my phone bill when I went on holiday and they closed my phone but that didnīt make me grovel in submission or hide away from the public, I paid and now I am back,writing on the TRF....
Old 08-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Aristocracy

@blauerengel: About one of your older posts from yesterday where you asked yourself if mohs sons can keep their prizes etc. I think the "overgiving" of their medals etc to their dad after they got it is more of a public gesture. Showing their respect to their fathers and older ppl in their family is much more important than it is here in europe for us, so I think it's just a nice gesture to show their respect to moh and like saying thank you for his support so they could win the races. There's actually a museum or something like that in dubai where all they godolphin stable prizes are shown. I don't know if the moh sons ride for the godolphin stable in their endurance races (or if the godolphon stable is only for horse racing) so if they ride for it guess their prizes are all shown there?
I actually also have wondered about their money situation because they don't have actual jobs that gives them money so I guess they live on their fathers money but make a lot for him (f.e. they always attend events with him and have official roles in the dubai government) or if they are business men as well and own anything that gives them money. Also I wonder how it is if they'll marry one day? I mean they can't live from their dads money forever (even though he has enough money so they could do so) so I think they have their private businesses?
Btw. Moh always said his family is really important for him and he tries to spend as much time with them as possible so I don't think they just saw their dad like once a week or so. I think the fact that moh has more than one wife isn't such a big deal for them simply because they don't know it else and if you watch some old pictures of them with their dad they always seem to be very happy and moh seems to be a very caring father.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Royal Highness

In pictures everybody "seems" happy, even Grace Kelly,Diana or Marylin Monroe smiled all the time while they were having serious problems and difficulties to cope with their situation.And just because you are unhappy or depressed you donīt go around and tell everybody or cry all day.

They donīt only make prize money,they also own horses - some of them also win flatraces or horse shows. (Makes good money too,I just know what you get for the German derby winner,but in UK or Dubai it must be even more!) Must be terrible to live from your parents money when you are grown up,I would hate that,but thatīs just my personal opinion,I know that in the arab world they are doing everything their parents want them to,so let them do what they think is right & if they want to ask for permission for everything and they like it they shouldnīt have it any other way*lol*
Old 08-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Aristocracy

just a tiny note have you even thought that maybe rashid didnt really like or enjoy the endurance races?? Ahmed use to ride more than rashid and he doesnt anymore...
also Majid does not like it at all but does it for his father/ the only brother who seems to enjoy the ridding part of horses is Hamdan , Rashid was always a flat race person

Tags
sheikh ahmed, sheikh maid, sheikh mansour, sheikh mohammed children, sheikh rashid