Sheikh Mohammed's Children 5: April 2008-November 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too I was wondering about Rashid's life :rolleyes: !!

He's only interest in football instead of The politics and other events
He's really different than his brothers hamdan ,maktoum and hammed :nonono:
also he never shows in any events with his dad
Alternatively, even races?:ohmy:
some ppl thinks he's lazy & spoiled
but I don't I'm sure that there is a "secret" maybe:lol:
the last point LOL :ROFLMAO:
in the Eid prayer this eid and the last 1
he wasn't with him
all of his brothers were there
maktoum..hamdan..ahmed..saeed..mayeed..mansour
with their father
and rashid wasn't with them 4 sure :nonono:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering abt that fact, too.
I mean eid prayer is sth special and important. But its really evident that Rashid is the only one who didnt attend.

My guess was that maybe Rashid isnt very religious or even he isnt a "believing muslim" ?!!! all I mean is that this could be a clarification of the fact that he seems not to attend religious gatherings. :confused:

We know from his brother Marwan (the son of the german women, the eldest son/child of mo. One must said the acknowledged son / child:)

Does anybody have any information concerning Rashid?
Everything you need to know about Sheikh Rashid's disappearance from public view is on the previous page of this thread.

• tommy1 has given the explanation here;
• The link to the London Times story which exposes Rashid's mideeds is here.

June 8, 2008 - Bookie takes Dubai Sheikh to court
"...went to court to attach a R1.8-million winning horse belonging to Dubai’s Sheikh Rashid bin Mohammed Al Maktoum.
In the process Aronstam outed the young royal, who had tried to hide his secret splurge on horses in South Africa from his father, Dubai’s ruler, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum."

U means MARWAN the unknown SHEIKH loll... is older than Rashid !!!!
can u talk more & more & more about MARWAN
No body knows him
- Me too I think Rashid isn't "very religious or even he isn't a "believing Muslim". In all the prayers and when he he used to be shown with his dad's events... He looked v.angry and sad !! But in his other activates he looks happy.

From what i know Marwan is ~2 yr older than Rashid and hes married. I think informations abt him were posted on the royal forums before.
A dubains friend told me that hes not in the spotlight bc hes mother (is supposed to be a german women) didnt convet to islam. He was raised in Dubai as well but he never shows up or is mentioned anywhere.
i think Marwan has a hard life. All his bros are in the spotlight and hold official positions execpt him. My friend told me that he and Rashid are close. They use to hang up a lot. Maybe this is the reason why Rashid seems to depart from his bros and his dad. I mean it looks like he declares his solidarity.......:confused:
The relationship to his dad (Sheikh Mo) is difficult, since it seems hard for Rashid to accept any authority. In September Rashid had an official meeting (you can see the video on Sheikh Mo net)with his dad. He looked calmed and easy but also tensed.
I have more informations but i dont want to bore anyone with it, especially bc some informations were already posted here..

wish u the best
kingcat

2 questions:
1.- Is Marwan a Sheikh?
2.- Does everybody in Dubai knows him?

Me too I think Rashid isn't "very religious or even he isn't a "believing Muslim". In all the prayers and when he he used to be shown with his dad's events... He looked v.angry and sad !! But in his other activates he looks happy.

I think its must be really hard to live following someone else´s footsteps and under stric religious rules. dont get me wrong, i dont think of Rashid as "poor rich sad boy" but theres nothing better than be FREE!!! And do all the things voluntarily.

Rashid is not religious in the slightest. Nor is his Dad except for appearances sake and um... ah huh hemmm..:closedeye Has nobody noticed? Like um... Dubai is the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah of the Gulf. Anyone that thinks Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid is not instrumental in this has their head buried where the sun doesn’t shine too much. Come to think of it few of these Sheikhs are sincerely religious. No different really than many world leaders who they take the view of the creation of "noble myth" for the stability of society and opium for the masses while they..... plunder the land...!

Well said tommy1! Much of the public image is to keep up appearances. That said, Sh.Mo is highly respected in the Emirates for what he has done for Dubai and the UAE. I suppose no one is without critics.

BTW does Sh.Rashid have any role in government?

I can see no future role for Rashid in any official UAE or Dubai institution, his father is still angry with him, important Al-Nahyans like the crown prince and his brothers detest his playboy attitude and his own brothers and relatives are consolidating their positions on a daily basis.

He´s the ultimate cartoon playboy Sheikh..Likes sports, not to bright, stubborn and given to tantrums.

BTW does Sh.Rashid have any role in government?
[FONT=&quot]None, thank God. To have a role in Government requires that you would have the wisdom to retain and refer to wise council (advise). Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum can retain none, certainly none at all from the west or the local merchant elite… because he treats people who do good things for him, like [ed] It also requires the ability to be reasonable and to see the big picture he has neither. He is an [ed] person to be around [ed] For someone who had so much potential, being Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid's oldest son he is seen as such a disappointment. His behaviour in the way that he treats people which is archaic, ruthless and senseless also reinforces many of the negative stereotypes (which are mostly untrue) that many people have of Arabs. You might conclude that Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid considers his oldest son therefore as a liability to his vision for a modern Dubai.[/FONT]

Thanks a lot for posting, Tommy. I enjoy your posts very much.
Is Rashid the only one in his family who's like that or are the other Maktoum boys more or less the same? Maybe it's because he's the oldest son and was spoiled because of that??

Im glad that someone who actually lives in Dubai can tell us the real situation of sHEIKH Mohammed´s bad boy. Great Post!!!

A note of caution...
While we will allow fairly frank opinions to be expressed we must draw the line at defamatory descriptions of living people.

thanks,
Warren
TRF Administrator

It does seem an awful pity to waste the opportunities and shun the obligations that come with being the officially recognised first born of a leading statesman. Oh well, perhaps with age and life experience, maturity will ensue. Also I suppose everyone is different, not everyone has the same ambitions in life.
Tommy1, if I may ask but a few questions, does your description of S.Rashid's behaviour and do your views of him hold common currency in Dubai?

They do. To those who have had direct dealings with him or near social contact. You’ll find it hard to find someone who will voice this openly though in Dubai for obvious reasons.
I’m not sure how much more I would be allowed to say on here. To go into more detail could identify people and would stray too close to what could be perceived as “defamatory descriptions” although it is very difficult to defame people who have to a great degree de-famed themselves... There are many things that I could reveal about Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum but I just can’t on here. What I think I can say is that what you read about his disreputable business practices in the Times article: The Times - Hansie’s bookie takes Dubai sheikh to court
is just what you know about... as this came to light only through the filing of a court action against Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum as a last resort to recover what Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum had long owed this man for his services. I think it should be very telling of Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum’s reasoning powers when it is clear from this that he is unable to understand that if he screws someone over from the west, that they are perfectly free to talk to the whole world about their experiences… or take legal action against him or both. This is highly typical of experiences people have in business dealings with him although this can also be said of some others. There is also more that you will hear; of difficult experiences his trainers have had with Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed, such as no communication whatsoever, far too many intimidating circumstances and other things they won’t talk about. What can these be? The usual pattern is of his western trainers soon walking out on him. Dealing with some of these people directly can be highly risky, as results very often depend entirely upon their mood... and not on what you have done for them or how you have performed; logic, reason or what was agreed... an agreement holds for nothing. So you need to be happy with uncertainty and just taking your chances… You could loose a lot of time and a lot of money with no recourse, were commerce conducted in the UAE. Try to sue a Sheikh while in the UAE and see how far it will get you.

To temper what I have said above, to be fair, we are talking here about people here who have come a very long way in a very short time. We must remember that slavery was only abolished here in the 1960s... But this is the attitude still governs relationships towards any who are in their service. Here is an illustrative example of what I mean from a report to the British Foreign Office from a former British Ambassador: “It is a jungle inhabited by beasts of prey in which one must move with caution and uncertainty. The magnates are (justifiably) suspicious of one another and their agents.” http://www.guardian.co.uk/baefiles/page/0,,2095803,00.html

Contract disputes are rife in the UAE and part of what has likely angered Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid so much, other than Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum bringing ill repute upon the Maktoum family name among the racing community, is that he sees the larger ramifications of how his very own Son, Sheikh Rashid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum’s actions could reinforce a view held by many that the business environment in Dubai can be murky territory indeed, fraught with the uncertainty that has so far, made the big western institutions, pension funds etc. that Dubai has hoped to attract investment from, leery of investing in the Dubai’s Real Estate sector...

You are right though Arisan. Of course Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid is respected and admired by his people and by myself for what he has done for them and the country, this goes without saying. But he is not at all without his flaws... There are so many dark secrets about Dubai and the UAE. Sycophancy to these people is not at all helpful or even in their interests. It is only when there has been strong public criticism that has embarrassed the Sheiks that we have seen and are seeing change for the better in the way that people are treated in Dubai and the UAE.

Here is an illustrative example of what I mean from a report to the British Foreign Office from a former British Ambassador: “It is a jungle inhabited by beasts of prey in which one must move with caution and uncertainty. The magnates are (justifiably) suspicious of one another and their agents.” [URL="http://www.guardian.co.uk/baefiles/page/0,,2095803,00.html."]http://www.guardian.co.uk/baefiles/page/0,,2095803,00.html[/URL].
I'm not questioning the accuracy of anything you've posted but it should be noted that the Guardian story relates to arms dealing in Saudi Arabia.

Sheikha Latifa & Crown Prince Mohammed of Fujairah: preparations for wedding

The 27th of December is the Men's lunch wedding ceremony of Shaikha Latifa bint Mohammed bin Rashed Al Maktoum and Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamad Al Sharqi, Crown Prince of Fujairah.

:previous:
HH Crown Prince Mohammed bin Hamad Al Sharqi is the eldest son of the Emir of Fujairah, HH Sheikh Hamad. He was born in 1986.
The Crown Prince's mother is Sheikha Fatima bint Thani Al Maktoum.
She would appear to be the sister of Sheikh Saeed bin Thani Al Maktoum, who is the father of CP Hamdan's fiancé Sheikha Sheikha.

Warren, are you sure from the birthday of CP Mohammed of Fujairah? I heard that he was born in 1988.

His date of birth of 1986 is from this Wikipedia entry. It may not be correct.

So when is Sheikh Mohammed's oldest daughter getting married, or is she married?

So when is Sheikh Mohammed's oldest daughter getting married, or is she married?

S.Mo's oldest daughter is already married. Her name is Manal.She's married to S.Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan. They have 2 children.

S.Mo's oldest daughter is already married. Her name is Manal.She's married to S.Mansour bin Zayed Al-Nahyan. They have 2 children.
Sorry, I meant sheikh mo and Sheikha Hind's oldest child (sheikha Hassa)

All the details that we know about Sheikh Mohammed's children are in the first post of this thread.
The list is updated when new details are confirmed. It must be a fairly good compilation of information because as we saw yesterday, it has been copied by another website. :D

Sheikha Hessa bint Mohammed bin Rashed is getting married tomorrow the 27th, well at least the Men's wedding ceremony will be held tomorrow. The ladies ceremony is a about a week later. Sheikha Latifas wedding would probably be a few weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom