The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:50 PM

Where is Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed Al Maktoum from so many days.
Younger brother to Fazza. i have not seen him from about few weeks.
Any news???

Old 01-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Sheikh Majid, one of the sons whose mother is not Sheikha Hind, is currently Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority.
It would appear he has the confidence of his father and is being groomed for greater responsibilities.
that sounds good for sheikh majid but hes always the more shy one to me.
Shk majid today:

http://i43.tinypic.com/qpfn7m.jpg

HH Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed to open Intersec

Old 01-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hyb4nd.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/20hkpoy.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/9u225v.jpg
I think its simple!!![IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Hp/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Hp/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

xavi83, this appears to be pics of an invitation. could you please explain what the pics you posted are about. thanks so much.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

invitation for the wedding (dinner party for ladies) of the daughter of sheikh mohammed whom will marry this week, sheikh Hessa on this Sunday, they usually send a gift with invitation ( as prince hamzah did)
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 01-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
invitation for the wedding (dinner party for ladies) of the daughter of sheikh mohammed whom will marry this week, sheikh Hessa on this Sunday, they usually send a gift with invitation ( as prince hamzah did)
Do you have PHamzahs card? What gift sent Hamzah?
Old 01-18-2009, 05:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I saw the gift on TV; it was a box made up of wood and inside a masba7a i don't know what it means in English!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I saw the gift on TV; it was a box made up of wood and inside a masba7a i don't know what it means in English!
Thanks Xavi. I know what is mishaba. For english members more info:
Misbaha - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-19-2009, 04:48 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
that sounds good for sheikh majid but hes always the more shy one to me.
Sorry, I was a bit ambiguous. When I wrote that Majid "has the confidence of his father" I meant that Sheikh Mohammed is showing confidence in Majid (as demonstrated by Majid accompanying his father to Bahrain and being included in the talks with King Hamad).
It appears that Sheikh Rashid is being left further behind when it comes to being groomed for official responsibilities.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It appears that Sheikh Rashid is being left further behind when it comes to being groomed for official responsibilities.
Ive noticed that too, why is it so?
Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monchichi View Post
Ive noticed that too, why is it so?
It was told before, Sheikh Rashid had some legal problems last year, since then, weve never got to see him in almost any official event. He wasnt include on any endurance team and we didnt notice him in the religious events neither. in another hand, i think he was name president of the olimpic comittee (or something like that), so i guess well see him every 4 years (sorry bad joke)
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Gentry

Yes, I read about the legal issue too, but was it really THAT bad? I mean not to do any official appearances beceuse of that? I think its a little to harsh.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monchichi View Post
Yes, I read about the legal issue too, but was it really THAT bad? I mean not to do any official appearances beceuse of that? I think its a little to harsh.
When it comes to lose millions and hurt your family name internationaly, i think thats what you get. Maybe Sheikh Mohammed is a fan of tough love and wants to Sheikh Rashid learn a lesson. But, in Rashids web site theres plenty of picture of him playing soccer. So maybe hes just taking some time off!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Gentry

Yes I know what you mean.
By some reasons, I cant take this discussion any further. I wish I could, thou.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 AM
Administrator

It's no secret that Rashid is on the outer. See this post for an overview, and there are posts a few pages back which go into further detail about his character and behaviour.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It's no secret that Rashid is on the outer. See this post for an overview, and there are posts a few pages back which go into further detail about his character and behaviour.
I'm sorry Warren but how can you be sure that facts which tommy01 is talking about are true? Even if he happens to get in touch with Rashid at some level, how can you be sure that his observations are realistic?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamila View Post
I'm sorry Warren but how can you be sure that facts which tommy01 is talking about are true? Even if he happens to get in touch with Rashid at some level, how can you be sure that his observations are realistic?
I agree, there are always rumors about rashid whenever he's not seen in public for awhile. He tortures people, he is married, he is gay, and those are the PG rated things Ive heard of him, there has been worse. Has anyone ever thought that maybe he doesn't want to have a high position like some of his brothers, why would sheikh mo give his son a job he hated, hamdan became crown prince b/c he more than likely wanted it and mo saw that. Rashid on the other hand is less interest in office and govt. And making public appearances. Every couple of weeks someone starts a stupid rumor and we discuss it for three or four weeks, thats the way it works...:)
Old 01-21-2009, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamila View Post
I'm sorry Warren but how can you be sure that facts which tommy01 is talking about are true?
Tommy01's views are his own. However, it is public record that Sheikh Rashid had to be taken to court to force payment of a very large debt (which allegedly he had attempted to conceal from his father). I'd imagine that a proud Ruler would be somewhat displeased and dismayed at such behaviour from the 'eldest' son.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:02 PM

Sheikh Rashid is Engaged as of Today

Sheikh Rashid is engaged. Hopefully it will be published.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Aristocracy

rashid is NOT engaged.