The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1 View Post
Indeed I take your point. Everything is Relative. But when it comes to Dubai & these vile people who rule it who have a sence of Social Justice right out of the Stone Age, the best thing you can do is to keep talking about it and taking them to task publicly scrutinise over every lie & platitude passes their lips.

nothing will change in dubai w maktoums. no matter how much we talk. they have absolute power and i dont see anything changing that anytime soon. at least shk mohammed is kind of smart. what will happen when the super smart hamdan is in charge? i mean...helloooooooooooooo look at my avatar. do u think u see pics like tht of other ppl in his position?

Old 06-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Aristocracy

zabeel123, what the heck is hamdan doing in your avatar? i can't see. there are pics posted on other forums of hamdan. they are all recent, and to be honest, he appears very childish. he is with his posse doing all these immature things. you know he travels with a photographer and these events are VERY staged. one series of pics had hamdan in the same outfit doing various sporting activities. he was trying to play the renaissance man who is good at doing everything. if the average person could not see that this was all staged for public consumption, then i feel sorry for them.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:26 PM
Aristocracy

LOL u like that avatar? he is playing with his...what do you call the flippers to help you swim? its a zabeel123 exclusive from my private stash
joking
Old 06-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
..let me help you. Could it be a lack of civilisation? Or that they are sadists? Does it bother you?

Sadists? or psychos... i am startin to be afraid of this family really... even hamdan....is gettin a lil' creepy ..and tommy these young girls u said brought from their countries r for the sons??
Old 06-13-2009, 09:17 PM
Aristocracy

Im sad for all this discussion on cruelty, punishment and horrible behaviors.

Im really close to become a fan of Jonas Brothers. Theres nothing wrong with them right!!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeel123 View Post
nothing will change in dubai w maktoums. no matter how much we talk. they have absolute power and i dont see anything changing that anytime soon. at least shk mohammed is kind of smart. what will happen when the super smart hamdan is in charge? i mean...helloooooooooooooo look at my avatar. do u think u see pics like tht of other ppl in his position?
Panta Rei - Everthing changes .
Changes are not made overnight and they might not come easily but they come. All european royal houses started out as criminals , developed later into autocratic rulers and are now part of a democratic society . Anyway, the Maktoums will have to keep up with the change they themselves initiated and they want to be seen as a modern and civilized society . Public opinion plays an important role in this esp. in Dubai that is totally dependant on foreign investors.

Hamdan does not seem like a particular smart guy but I think you don't have to be smart to be the leader of Dubai as long as you are popular :rolleyes2:. Also a leader doesn't have to pull the strings himself. As everything is staged in Dubai, it could very well be that Maktoum will run the show behind the screens. He seems a serious guy and quite frankly, more intelligent then his father. Mo is ambitious, he seems ruthless and cunning but I don't know if he's intelligent . I have never heard Mo say anything that is slightly original or new to people that have watched a lot of Oprah Winfrey or Doctor Phil shows.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:07 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina View Post
...As everything is staged in Dubai, it could very well be that Maktoum will run the show behind the screens. He seems a serious guy and quite frankly,...
I was thinking about that too, I don't know much about Sheikh Maktoum. There is no information about his hobbies or his life beside the Deputy Ruler. He is rarely appearing on sport events, it looks like he is more quiet, but maybe this seems so because he is avoiding the public when it comes to his private live (different to some of his brothers). So does anyone have some more information about Sh. Maktoum?
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

All these stuff can be planed and organised, don't you think? The public image of every Mohammed's son?

BTW I'vee seen old black and white photos of Mo in the 70s and I must say that he looks serious and very interested in the things that his brothers, uncles, father do. And sadly, Hamdan ...just play with his mobile phone or listens to his headphone in one ear during official events. That's..strange, ti say at least.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanalique View Post
All these stuff can be planed and organised, don't you think? The public image of every Mohammed's son?

BTW I'vee seen old black and white photos of Mo in the 70s and I must say that he looks serious and very interested in the things that his brothers, uncles, father do. And sadly, Hamdan ...just play with his mobile phone or listens to his headphone in one ear during official events. That's..strange, ti say at least.
Planed and organized? Maybe, but I still think every Mo's children are different from each other. Sheikh Maktoum seems to be a very private guy.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Why? With all due respect to you, you are far from alone in making the enormous mistake of comparing Ruling Familes of the UAE & the Middle East as they are today with European Royals as they are today... Centuries of Social Evolution & history seperate them. Not only that but from where do you get the notion that to be ROYAL would mean to be worthy, honorable decent or nice? Quite the contrary is true. Please show me where in History any Royal Dynasty has gained & maintained their power & their positions by being... Nice. Without a psychopathic ruthlessness, (by todays standards) avaris, machievelian cunning & a policy of Might is Right... not a single one...

U r right that they are centuries behind Europians Royals, and than 90% of Royal families didnt use the fact that they r Royal for beeing nice, but i started just recentlly to get to know this familly, and for me, they really seemed nice, just because they are not so modern and because they are centuries behind other royal families, it would be normal and it would make sence if they were still respecting all tradicions and customs they have/ had. As much as i know, there is no royal family who respect tradicions their country have.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabeel123 View Post
i think hamdan and shka bnt saeed are no longer engaged. the only shk mo and shka hind kiddo engaged at the moment is ahmed.

ps.... before everyone says what abt shka bint mohammed and nasser bin hamad. they are no longer engaged either.
I heard that Sheikh Ahmed is engaged to Sheikha Madiya. And rumors are that Sh Sheikha and Sheikh Nasser are not engaged anymore
Old 06-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
I heard that Sheikh Ahmed is engaged to Sheikha Madiya. And rumors are that Sh Sheikha and Sheikh Nasser are not engaged anymore
Anyone knows more on Sheikha Madiya. I guess she a cousin?
Rumors on Sh Sheikha and Sh Nasser are on and off. Sometimes I wonder if they ever were engaged in the first place.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Administrator

To the more paranoid members I'd like to clear up some misconceptions:

This is the Dubai forum. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia forum is where it has been for quite some time. It has not disappeared. There is no conspiracy.

Posts are not "censored". Defamatory, off-topic, irrelevant, kiddie-speak and empty posts will be removed. Posts relating to CP Hamdan will be moved over to the CP Hamdan thread, Princess Haya posts to the Princess Haya thread, Sheikh Mohammed posts to the Sheikh Mohammed thread, etc. There is no conspiracy.

Pictures that are directly attached to a post in breach of copyright will be removed as a matter of course, just as they will be removed from anywhere else in the Forums. Posting copyrighted images is illegal and places the Forums at risk of legal action. There is no conspiracy.

If members believe posts (or entire forums) have been removed because of "censorship" or "conspiracy" could they please address their concerns via PM to a Mod or Admin and not post about it in these threads. Such posts will be removed.

I trust this is clear enough.

Warren
Administrator
Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Nasser is enaged with sh sheikha i read in ahlan magazine
Old 06-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by deniz1999 View Post
Nasser is enaged with sh sheikha i read in ahlan magazine

i am almost 99.9% she is not longer(or never was) engaged to him. when was this article? can u post it pls?
Old 06-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Commoner

still engaged!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove View Post
Ok so last semester I took a class in cultural anthropology and in it I learned several things (my professor would be proud!) Any who we were discussing marriage in families and I remember that while many family's still practice this there are some "rules" that they follow or go by. Ok so they are:

You can marry your fathers sisters offspring, but not you fathers brothers offspring.
You can marry your mothers brothers offspring, but not you mothers sisters offspring.

Im not sure if that makes sense to you but I swear that's how people who still practice inter-family marriage go by. or at least that's what we discussed in class. So now lets say this is the common practice for Middle eastern families wouldn't it then be "wrong" for Hamdan to be engaged to his mothers sisters daughter? Anyone else know what im rambling about?
didn't MBZ's son, khalid, marry his mother's sister's daughter. i am almost positive he did. maybe MBZ did not get the handout!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post

That's true. Sheikh Ahmed is engaged to Sheikha Mediya Bint Hasher( the daughter of Sheikha HInd's Brother). I think she is the full sister of Sheikh Maktoum Bin Hasher Al Maktoum(A1 Grand Prix).
Old 06-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatisse taleb View Post
That's true. Sheikh Ahmed is engaged to Sheikha Mediya Bint Hasher( the daughter of Sheikha HInd's Brother). I think she is the full sister of Sheikh Maktoum Bin Hasher Al Maktoum(A1 Grand Prix).

do u know more about her? i would love to know!
Old 06-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatisse taleb View Post
I think so too. Is Sheikh Majid engaged?