The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Commoner

An observation only: Hamdan seems to be on the go a lot lately. A lot of appointments, official visits, etc. I know that when I travel and become exhausted I do not eat properly and lose weight. It seems as if the appetite dwindles. It is also endurance racing season; if you look closely at pictures of past seasons you will notice that his and Rashid's weight fluctuates during this time. Add in all of his increased duties and he may just be too exhausted to eat healthy. Also, he it seems that his is very athletic. Maybe he just needs a spa day to relax.

What of Ahmed and Saeed? Ahmed seems to be a quiet one and Saeed seems to be melancholy. I have never actually seen them in person. The others are always approachable but I have never seen these two.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:22 AM
Commoner

I remember in one of the forums i think Sheikh Mo children picture thread, of the girls said they meet Sheikh Ahmed on a commercial flight to uk and they chatted with him
She said he was very sociable

Thank you Drummergirl, you make a very good point, but what about Maktoum he is also very busy, almost as busy as Hamdan. But Maktoum has hasn't lost weight, if you look closer in the pictures you will observe that he looks very blank as if he was kind of sad.

I also observe this look in the video when mohammed visited Dubai executive council meeting www.sheikhmohammed.co.ae

Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Gentry

Saeed have always sad face, unlike of the other guys... Everytime i see a picture of he i want to cry
But remember what Latifa fat is also,i think it's genetic
Old 04-14-2009, 03:42 PM
Commoner

Maktoum is also busy but does not seem to do the extensive travelling that Hamdan has to do for his obligations. Maktoum seems primarily based in Dubai, while one morning Hamdan is in Abu Dhabi visiting with the Al Nayhans, the afternoon he is back in Dubai for a camel race, the next day his is in an endurance race with Mo and Rashid, and a day or two later he is London for a Sandhurst graduation. In between he is attending meetings and attending to personal affairs. He seems to have a lot of stamina.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
I believe if i ever meet with any of Sheikh Mo sons, i would introduce myself to them. The Maktoum are friendly and courteous. Especially Hamdan and Rashid.

Hamdan has to work on putting on some weight, no matter the pressure he is going through it should't affect his health.
I know i should't be asking this as it is not proper (none of my business)
Why is he losing weight, what could be the reason behind his rapid weight loss?
Sheikh Rashid is not at all friendly (quite the opposite) nor particularly courteous. They are used to exagerated deference. This is well known. For all the musings about differences between Sheikh Mohammed's sons there is little difference in their abilities or how they interact with mere mortles. Though Majed is particularly simple, the significant difference between Rashid & all of his brothers is just that they are obediant & deferent to Sheikh Mo & do not exhibit the same degree of reckless behavior of Rashid & that Rashid is the most pasionate about horses. That really does sums it up. As a side note; it's interesting to note that Rod Simpson, the colourful trainer who walked out on Sheikh Rashid, has gone on to now work for Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed.

< ed Warren >
Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Commoner

tommy1, we can all think it, and through my travels in that area I can believe it; but I as I have not seen it then I do not say it.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:43 AM
Commoner

A second thought, tommy1, I have never been treated rudely but I do not have long exposure; as I said, I travel. But I have noticed that all of your posts concerning Rashid have been very negative. Now you are intimating something unpleasant, I would like to ask WHY, but you never seem to answer direct inquiries.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:57 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummergirl View Post
A second thought, tommy1, I have never been treated rudely but I do not have long exposure; as I said, I travel. But I have noticed that all of your posts concerning Rashid have been very negative. Now you are initmating something unpleasant, I would like to ask WHY, but you never seem to answer direct inquiries.
Tommy1, I second this motion. Why? I don't want to intrude but i have a feeling you are emotionally involved. Did the M. brothers bullied you at school or something? You can tell us ! We can keep a secret !
Old 04-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Maktoum is also busy but does not seem to do the extensive travelling that Hamdan has to do for his obligations. Maktoum seems primarily based in Dubai, while one morning Hamdan is in Abu Dhabi visiting with the Al Nayhans, the afternoon he is back in Dubai for a camel race, the next day his is in an endurance race with Mo and Rashid, and a day or two later he is London for a Sandhurst graduation. In between he is attending meetings and attending to personal affairs. He seems to have a lot of stamina.
Bah. And I thought that my schedule was tuff But it's true, who wouldn't loose weight having that much to do...
Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
A second thought, tommy1, I have never been treated rudely but I do not have long exposure; as I said, I travel. But I have noticed that all of your posts concerning Rashid have been very negative. Now you are initmating something unpleasant, I would like to ask WHY, but you never seem to answer direct inquiries.
A lot of people are harking on about the weight issues as if these boys are on girly diets or fret about their weight. This concerns Hamdan and Rashid. If an explanation might be perceived unpleasent should it be avoided, seeing as people are asking for one?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:29 AM
Commoner

I don't think it is his schedule ( just sayin)
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Gentry

Presidents Cup to Al Ain

Rashid's very happy

Majed and Ahmed

Maktoum and Mansoor
Old 04-15-2009, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1 View Post
If an explanation might be perceived unpleasent should it be avoided, seeing as people are asking for one?
An explanation is OK so long as it's not defamatory or could attract unwelcome attention from legal representatives. Otherwise it should be done privately.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by maog View Post
Presidents Cup to Al Ain

Rashid's very happy

Majed and Ahmed

Maktoum and Mansoor
None of the boys seem happy
Old 04-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Commoner

tommy1, speculation is one thing, harsh feelings are another. The forum is for fun, and as girls we talk. But not only on this forum but also on another are your responses negative. And no, you did not answer the question, but I don't believe you actually will. Please understand that I am not trying to be unpleasant or rude to you personally, I have read some of your posts and you seem to know Rashid on a personal basis, and we all have our own opinions of them but we have been able to keep them from being too personal. This is for fun and information, not airing public grievances.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Gentry

If nothing happy although Maktoum have always that face
Possibly it may be true what it says tommy1. But the only one who knows the truth is Rashid. Butttt i would like to know that such is his personality
Old 04-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Nobility

tommy1, I always enjoy and like your comments because you seem to know a lot about all this, but when it comes to Sheikh Rashid you always have something negative to say about him, I am not trying to be rude to you, but as drummergirl says, this forum is for fun.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
tommy1, I always enjoy and like your comments because you seem to know a lot about all this, but when it comes to Sheikh Rashid you always have something negative to say about him, I am not trying to be rude to you, but as drummergirl says, this forum is for fun.
I am having fun... :) But is it fun to me, to conestent in an < ed Warren > contest? "Drummergirls says" does Drummergirl decide what this forum is for? How am I airing a public grievence? What grievence? Re Rashid I'm mostly responding to posts which are so out of wildly out of whack as to be like french farce. Sweet though some of you girls seem, most of you have NO clue about this guy or how things are with him (and some others) in Dubai! The most recent post I responded to was that "especially Hamdan & Rashid are friendly & courtious"... I am not a cheerleader for Hamdan either but this is a totally false perception, speculation about Sheikh Rashid that can not have had the benefit of experience & there are enough people in Dubai with experience, that would choke on their croissant if they happend to read that at the time. :)) What this perception was based on might be interesting to debate.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Aristocracy

tommy 1, can you be specific about what colors your opinion of hamdan and rashid being friendly and courteous?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

i just wanted to say that.... "HAMDAN IS THE MOST PERFECT GUY" auhuhaauhauhauh and i love him!!!