Sheikh Mohammed's Children 4: September 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that he wrote it for Sheikha Maryam bin Hasher his cousin.

thnxxx a lot for the information...because he has a sister named maryam...i was wondering if its abt her:)

Article about an endurance race that Sheikh Mayed will participate in today with over 110 riders & horses

Mayed leads strong field as Yousuf bids for hat-trick
Dubai: Shaikh Mayed Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum will be riding Dowingar Maakhal in today's - article

Sheikha Maitha bint Mohammed receives IFPC Award
...received the International Fair Play Committee's Diploma in a ceremony ... - article -- picture

Last edited:
I heard that he wrote it for Sheikha Maryam bin Hasher his cousin.
What's the poem of Sheikh Hamdan all about???...Is it romantic??, coz they can be romantically link with their cousins right???..They can marry their royal cousins..

What's the poem of Sheikh Hamdan all about???...Is it romantic??, coz they can be romantically link with their cousins right???..They can marry their royal cousins..

I dont know about which poem the members are talking about but would be nice if one of them can share the link with us. Yes they can be romantically linked and they can marry their cousins but to my understanding, Sheikha Maryam bint Hasher (his cousin) is older than Hamdan and that they are like brothers & sisters ( dont know how true that is), But could the poem also be written for his younger sister Sheikha Maryam?:ermm:

Hey,
I'm looking for video of sh. rashid...I think it was on here before but it wouldn't open, its the one everyone said he was mad or something...
thanks!!!

I dont know about which poem the members are talking about...
i have the poetry in arabic...
but my mom says that is about his sister maryam bcoz his cuzin maryam is elder to him...and the wordingz are not romantic...but its like he is describing his sister...

here is the poem in arabic

[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]مريم[/FONT]
[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]الحـلا يحتويهـا و الغـلا يرتجيهـاشيخة الحسـن مريـم الله الله عليهـا[/FONT]
[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]عيدها عيد ثاني بين القلب و محانـيقلت اسبق التهاني و اتعنـى و اجيهـا[/FONT]
[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]يا البنات الصبايا عنـدي اهـا هدايـاما طارت الرواية و استحيت اهاديهـا[/FONT]
[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]لان مريـم هديـه مـن الـه البريـاالقلوب النديـه لـو ظمـت ترتويهـا[/FONT]
[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]نور شمس تعلـى فـوق بـدر تجـلادونه الوصف ولا غايه في الحسن فيها[/FONT]
[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]من دكر من اسلافي وارف الظل وافيابتديهـا القوافـي قبـل لا يبتديـهـا[/FONT]
[FONT=Simplified Arabic,simplified arabic,tahoma,ms sans serif,verdana,arial,helvetica]الصبا مال بانه و قلت انـا خيزارانـهسمـو دبـي دانـه لا مريـم عليهـا[/FONT]​

the wordings are so nice..n i guess its for his sis maryam...Rashid Al Majid sang this song..

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldn't third son be hamdan? although rashed is 26 and hamdan is 25. confusing.

I think it would be Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed, becasue he is the 3rd son of Sheikh Mohammed and his b-day is also in November. There is definitley an error in this article, they've either got the wrong age or the wrong order for the son, beacause it doesn't go with Sheikh Mo's sons.

Although Sheikha Maryam is older than Sheikh Hamdan could they not still marry?
I know from a friend Sheikha Maryam is very close to her aunt Sheikha Hind and that she spends a large amount of the summer with the family..
Sheikha Maryam is a very beautiful and kind young women .

Daughters by Sheikha Hind
Hassa 11/1980
Latifa 1989 (egaged 2007 to Crown Prince Mohammed bin Hamad al Sharqi of Fujairah)
Sheikha 1/1991
Maryam 12/1991
Fatima 7/1993
Salamah 8/1999
Shamma 11/2001
It should read Sheikha Futaim( i might have spelt that wrong) not Shiekha Fatima

Last edited by a moderator:
ain't sh. Hamdan born november 13th and not 14th? I'm confused... please help!

On the Doha Games 2006 website all competitors were listed with date of birth, Hamdan with Nov 14th and Rashed with Nov 12th. The source should be credible but there also could be a typo around the corner.

Thanks! Anyways Hamdan's a great (endurance) rider... He's a natural born winner! lol

wht do yu mean by "normal" clothes??

pants, shirts, t-shirts etc :)
Any recent news about the boys? Seems theyve been out of the spotlight for a while now. Well, Eid is around the corner, no doubt they'll be seen:D

Annika Sorenstam from Sweden receives the trophy from Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum, chairman of the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone, after winning the final round of the Dubai Ladies Masters in Dubai, 16 December 2007 (ANP)
picture

what's "Eid"?
According to wikipedia....

Eid ul-Fitr or Id-Ul-Fitr (Arabic: عيد الفطر ‘Īdu l-Fiṭr), often abbreviated to Eid, is a Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting. Eid is an Arabic word meaning "festivity", while Fiṭr means "to break the fast" (and can also mean "nature", from the word "fitrah") and so symbolizes the breaking of the fasting period.
Eid-ul-Fitr starts the day after Ramadan ends, and is verified by the sighting of the new moon. Muslims give money to the poor and wear their best clothes. Eid ul-Fitr lasts three days[citation needed] and is called "The Lesser Eid" (Arabic: العيد الصغير Al-eid Al-sagheer) compared with the Eid ul-Adha that lasts four days[citation needed] and is called "The Greater Eid" (Arabic: العيد الكبير Al-eid Al-kabeer).
On the day of the celebration, a typical Muslim family awakes very early, does the first everyday prayer, and is required[citation needed] to eat a little, symbolizing the end of Ramadan. They then attend special congregational prayers held in mosques, large open areas, stadiums and arenas. The prayer is generally short and is followed by a sermon (khuṭba). Worshippers greet and embrace each other with hugs in a spirit of peace and love after the congregational prayer. After the special prayers, festivities and merriment are commonly observed with visits to the homes of relatives and friends to thank God for all blessings.
Eid ul-Fitr is a joyous occasion with important religious significance, celebrating the achievement of enhanced piety. It is a day of forgiveness, moral victory, peace of congregation, fellowship, brotherhood and unity. Muslims celebrate not only the end of all that fasting but also thank God for the help and strength that they believe he gave them through the previous month to help everyone practice self-control. It is a time of giving and sharing, and many Muslims dress in holiday attire.

Eid al-Adha (Arabic: عيد الأضحى ‘Īd al-’Aḍḥā) is a religious festival celebrated by Muslims worldwide as a commemoration of Ibrahim's (Abraham's) willingness to sacrifice his son Ismael for Allah. It is one of two Eid festivals that Muslims celebrate. Like Eid ul-Fitr, Eid ul-Adha begins with a short prayer followed by a sermon (khuṭba). It is also called the bigger Eid because it lasts a day longer than Eid ul-Fitr[citation needed].
Eid al-Adha is four days long and starts on the 10th day of the month of Dhul Hijja (ذو الحجة) of the lunar Islamic calendar. This is the day after the pilgrims in Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia by Muslims worldwide, descend from Mount Arafat. It happens to be approximately 70 days after the end of the month of Ramadan.

Could anyone tell me how long Sheikha Latifa's engagement will be.Any idea when she will be getting married?

I was reading an old thread on this website from 11-10-2004(i was bored!!) that it was reported that Sheikh Rashid was going to marry his cousin Shka Latifa. Does anyone know what happened there? I usually find questions abt Sheikhs love life annoying, especially Rashid and Hamdan but since I saw a thread dedicated to it....... :)

Could anyone tell me how long Sheikha Latifa's engagement will be.Any idea when she will be getting married?

Her engagment will last as long as she gets married, depending on the groom's family (grooms family decide/suggest when the marriage takes place)No word yet on when the wedding might take place.

I was reading an old thread on this website from 11-10-2004(i was bored!!) that it was reported that Sheikh Rashid was going to marry his cousin Shka Latifa. Does anyone know what happened there? I usually find questions abt Sheikhs love life annoying, especially Rashid and Hamdan but since I saw a thread dedicated to it....... :)

That was just a rumor. Rashed is still single & that talk was since 2004;)

can someone tell me wht mansour and saeed do??dey r da least mention...i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom