Sheikh Mohammed's Children 4: September 2007-April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they do. I mean, they've got cars, boats, horses... they surely have time to have fun;) (if they're not working!)

working? what do they do?

The boys don't have jobs, their father pays for everything. They just show up at functions and do their own activities.

The only one who seem to have a "job" is Maktoum, he's involved with computer stuff.

does any 1 kno anything abt sh.shamsa...(run a way sheikha)????
hows she doin??

is hse their sister? why'd she run away?! sorry for all the questions...

well...yes she is thier sister...but i think so she is maitha's full sis..(nt sure)

is hse their sister? why'd she run away?! sorry for all the questions...

Maybe for attention or for more "freedom". But in reality only the Maktoum family knows why she ran away.

Maitha during the opening ceremony of the 11th Pan-Arab Games in Cairo 11/11/07.
Go Maitha, kick some serious behind

Good Luck:D

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably a really stupid question (and if it is i`m sorry) but are there any other royal families in dubai beside the maktoums? and if so, who are they?
thanks a bunch!J

This is probably a really stupid question (and if it is i`m sorry) but are there any other royal families in dubai beside the maktoums? and if so, who are they?
thanks a bunch!J

No, the Maktoums rule all of Dubai, the Nahayans rule all Abu Dhabi, the Qasimis of all Sharjah etc... The UAE is comprised of 7 emirates, each having a ruling family in power.

want ti ask sumthing

does rashid and hamdan celebrate their birthday's??
if yes... is there any photographs ???

yes, they celebrate their b'day with friends and family like any mid-20's adult. there is no national holiday for their birthdays.

Maitha clinches karate gold

Cairo: Connecting a head shot in the dying seconds of the over 65kg category final was enough to secure Shaikha Maitha Bint Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum the gold medal in the karate competition at the Pan Arab Games - Article & Picture

ANP picture 1
ANP picture 2

wow golden model I am very happy for Shaikha Maitha :flowers:, her parents must be proud of her .

wow golden model I am very happy for Shaikha Maitha :flowers:, her parents must be proud of her .

Yes they must be. Btw, this is not her first gold win. She has won the Asian 2006 games gold as well as to a few championships beofre that.

thanx for the information dazzling, I didn't follow her news before so all these infromation new to me.

so, do we know if she will be in China during the Olmpic games ?

so, do we know if she will be in China during the Olmpic games ?

Yes she will be taking part in Beijing 2008. Must say, that will be one tuff competition for her.

Btw, my mistake:shock: Sheikha Maitha won silver at the asian games and not gold

They seem allways have the same white sandals. Which brand is that? I think they can purchase something else once. They walk all the same in same sandals.

i dunno wts rong wid hamdan in these pics...he looks so diff...gained weight n really needs to shave
His weight seems to have gone up as his level of partipation in Endurance dropped while taking on new roles has increased. His shabby beard may be an indication he plans to do the Hajj this year. Watch to see if he cuts his hair very short.

They seem allways have the same white sandals. Which brand is that? I think they can purchase something else once. They walk all the same in same sandals.
It is the dishdashya which dictates their walking style more than the sandals. When wearing one properly, you cannot take a full stride and thus must walk with shortened steps.

It is the dishdashya which dictates their walking style more than the sandals. When wearing one properly, you cannot take a full stride and thus must walk with shortened steps.
yeah sure... but still, what's up with those REALLY UGLY sandals? can't they wear normal shoes? :lol:

yeah sure... but still, what's up with those REALLY UGLY sandals? can't they wear normal shoes? :lol:
A rhetorical question, but why would shoes be considered "normal" any more than sandals? Last time I looked, most are born barefoot. Fashion to one is trash to another.

Short steps - is that kind of posh in Dubai, or is it a part of traditional behaviour for a member of royal family? I would really like to know more about arab traditions.

Has nothing to do with the ruling family. All who wear a dishdashya walk a bit shorter than in Western clothes. I sure can tell the difference when I wear one!

Has nothing to do with the ruling family. All who wear a dishdashya walk a bit shorter than in Western clothes. I sure can tell the difference when I wear one!

But wich brand are those sandals? I want to buy one pair. May woman also where them?

But wich brand are those sandals? I want to buy one pair. May woman also where them?

Yes they have female ones also. I still have 5 pairs from my years in UAE.
In regards to the dishdashya also known as a Kandora, I wore these (female one) all the time and it never restricted my walking one bit. Most of the mens have plenty of room and are fully able to take a full stride in them.

My partner was Emirati and he used to walk really fast in his dishdashya.

In regards to the shoes, there are all different types, there is one brand in particular that used to retail at around 550 plus dirhams per pair and were the ones worn by the sheikhs and most affluant locals. I can not remember the name right now. They are very very comfy, despite how they look to the western world.

You wore an abaya which is not the same as a dishdashya (kandora is imported language which has become common in usage).

The abaya is meant to be a covering which lies over a layer of clothing; it can be taken off at anytime in the appropriate company because there is complete cloting underneath. It is much looser than the dishdashya which is the clothing itself.

The dishdashya is restrictive, especially as one gets taller and has longer legs. There are two ways to move quickly. One is to quicken the short pace which feels like short, quick, shuffle steps. The other is to actually gather the material slightly above the knee and pull up, thus raising the level of the "dress" allowing for longer strides.

I think it is mostly related to height as most taller people have longer natural strides than those who are shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom