The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 05:01 PM

I joined tonight to clarify a couple of points.

Firstly: Someone on here stated that some of the ruling families in the gulf states have persian origins. This is untrue, the ruling families are arabs and can trace their origins to present day saudi arabia and even further back to yemen. all the ruling families belong to prominent arab tribes. Yes there are people that have iranian, or indian ancestry but they are not the ruling families.

Secondly: SHEIKH MARWAN BIN MOHAMMAD BIN RASHID AL MAKTOUM is the son of the present ruler of Dubai sheikh mohammad bin rashid al maktoum. He is NOT an adopted son, he is in his early 30's has the status of a sheikh and carries the title as well as the name on his IDs. He lives in Dubai and his mother is german. He is not blond but has lightish brown hair and I would describe him more lebanese looking than emarati but that is no surprise having a german mother. He is the eldest son of sheikh mohammad but will never rule Dubai because his mother is german. He is a private person and avoids the limelight, and is an extremely polite and humble person.

I hope this clarifies things a little.

Old 04-03-2008, 12:58 AM
Courtier

wow, i dont know much of the sheikhs but i always thought rashid was oldest son. thanks for sharing banana.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
wow, i dont know much of the sheikhs but i always thought rashid was oldest son. thanks for sharing banana.
yes, i also always thought that sheikh Rashid was the oldest son...
well, we learn everyday, i just think it's sad that he'll never rule...
Old 04-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Commoner

Its more sad that hes making such a less appearance recently :(
Old 04-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

Rashid or Marwan? because if i'm right nobody has ever seen sheikh Marwan. and if you mean Rashid, then i agree! just wondering what he's doing recently...
Old 04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Commoner

Sorry if i had been unclear: I meant that it is sad that rashid is doing a less appearance recently.
And second: I think it is weired that marwan is never seen "officially" with his brothers (the other boys dont have all the same mother but they have nevertheless a relationship like they are full siblings). i hope they have nevertheless a close relationship. Does marwan has an offical position in UAE? It seems to me like hes a secret!? bc like you mentioned nobody has seen him and plus there are no photos of him, especially no official one.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Aristocracy

seems like he's a secret... sadly...
but i had heard somewhere that he lives in Germany, he's also a father as far as i know, he doesn't have an "official position" in the UAE also, strange...
Old 04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Gentry

Maybe he is not interested in any "official position". I doubt sheikh Mohammed would ignore any of his children. I don't think there need to be anything strange if some of his children stay or are away from the publicity.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl_68 View Post
seems like he's a secret... sadly...
but i had heard somewhere that he lives in Germany, he's also a father as far as i know, he doesn't have an "official position" in the UAE also, strange...
No he doesn't live in germany. He lives in Dubai. I'm not guessing, I know it for a fact.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANANA View Post
No he doesn't live in germany. He lives in Dubai. I'm not guessing, I know it for a fact.
Thats interesting to know..He has no public photos also unlike the other sons of Sheikh Mohammed..All of Sheikh Mo's sons have official photos and some private ones that are seen by the public except for the eldest son..

Old 04-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie View Post
Thats interesting to know..He has no public photos also unlike the other sons of Sheikh Mohammed..All of Sheikh Mo's sons have official photos and some private ones that are seen by the public except for the eldest son..
Mmm, i also heard Marwan was only raised in the Maktoums household but is not Sheikh Mo's. I don't know what to think. If he is Sheikh Mo's son, perhaps he's not acknowledged as the others because Mo wanted his first known son and successor to be a full Maktoum, a son of Hind.
I would love to see a picture of Marwan. Perhaps that would make things clear.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettina View Post
Mmm, i also heard Marwan was only raised in the Maktoums household but is not Sheikh Mo's. I don't know what to think. If he is Sheikh Mo's son, perhaps he's not acknowledged as the others because Mo wanted his first known son and successor to be a full Maktoum, a son of Hind.
I would love to see a picture of Marwan. Perhaps that would make things clear.
He is his son. I know marwan personally. I can assure you that sheikh mohammad is his father. And i can assure you he holds the title too and the status.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
He is his son. I know marwan personally. I can assure you that sheikh mohammad is his father. And i can assure you he holds the title too and the status.
Alright I believe you ! Great that you know him. Does he look like his father or any of his brothers? Do you know how his relation is with them?
Old 04-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

yeah, c'mon BANANA we're all interested here! tell us!
Old 04-08-2008, 10:39 AM

He has a relation with his father obviously, he has one with his siblings too but i'm not sure how deep. I don't know where his mother is, I never ask and will never ask. In arab traditions especially gulf arabs, it is not appropriate to ask about someones female relations.
I said before he looks more lebanese than imarati, but if you look closely and disregard the lighter coloured hair and the lighter skin you can pick out a small maktoum look. he is about 6 foot tall. and i would describe him as a good looking guy.
I don't know and obviously won't ask why he is not so well known in the uae and why his younger brother has all the limelight, but anyone with half a brain will know. In my opinion it is because his mother is german, and the heir to the throne will be hamdan because he is from an ''official'' marriage. I am guessing that a young sheikh mohammad married (or maybe even didnt marry) the german lady against his families wishes about 34 years ago and the result was marwan.
Please do not ask because I will not post a picture of sheikh Marwan to respect his privacy. as i said before he is a very humble, polite and private person.
I just had to post here and clarify some misconceptions about the sheikh.

I hope the moderators will update who Marwan is. And when i see marwan next, most probably in a couple of months i will point this forum out to him and if he wishes to join and clarify the matter further or even post a pic of himself well that would be his choice.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I hope the moderators will update who Marwan is. And when i see marwan next, most probably in a couple of months i will point this forum out to him and if he wishes to join and clarify the matter further or even post a pic of himself well that would be his choice.
COOL, wish him all the best
Please tell Marwan he is more them welcome to join TRF.
-But also warn him, i think we are all very curious to know more about him . -
Old 04-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I joined tonight to clarify a couple of points..
wow ... i always thought rashid was oldest son ....this is the first time i know about SH Marwan ...so SH Mo marreid german woman ...is she ( SH Marwans mother) the first wife or SH Hind ..... thank you BANANA
Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Ahmed bin Mohammed bin Rashid opens DIHAD 2008

WAM article

http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satell...-TeaserSummary photo
Old 04-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Time to move to a new thread.

Thanks for everyone's contributions.

Part 5 can be found here.

~ ~