The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Gentry

well dana..i hav no idea..but most probably one of the maktoums will make an appearence:)

Old 01-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Commoner

Hello, My cousin will be going to see Golden Arrow race at Nad Al Sheba hopefully he will win...................and maybe see one of the Maktoums.

B

Old 01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

i just read in "thoroughbred times" that shk hamdan bin mohammed al maktoum bought a horse called happy boy. at first i thought it was a misprint(sometimes media in the west get names wrong) and that sheikh hamdan bin rashid al maktoum actually made the purchase but in the article they address him as being the uncle of the purchaser. from what i read happy boy won the first race in dubai racing carnival and will be entered in march 29 last race of dubai world cup(for 6mil $). good luck hamdan!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:44 PM
Commoner

Good Luck For Everybody
Old 01-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana8585 View Post
i just read in "thoroughbred times" that shk hamdan bin mohammed al maktoum bought a horse called happy boy. at first i thought it was a misprint(sometimes media in the west get names wrong) and that sheikh hamdan bin rashid al maktoum actually made the purchase but in the article they address him as being the uncle of the purchaser. from what i read happy boy won the first race in dubai racing carnival and will be entered in march 29 last race of dubai world cup(for 6mil $). good luck hamdan!
Happy Boy is a really nice horse. After his impressive performance in the Maktoum Challenge Round 1, it was a given someone from the family was going to buy him. I look forward to watching him race in Sheikh Hamdan's silks. Good Luck!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Good luck for Hamdan!!I hope he will win!!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:45 AM
Commoner

GOOD LUCK 2 hamdan

inshalla he will be the winner of the race
Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 AM
Aristocracy

does anyone know what color hamdan's silks are?
Old 01-31-2008, 10:45 AM
Gentry

Quote:
does anyone know what color hamdan's silks are?
With the exception of Sheikh Rashid, all the sons' silks are maroon and white. Sheikh Hamdan's look like this: Sheikh Hamdan

Sheikh Majid's horse, River Tiber, won the Dubai Trophy today at Nad Al Sheba.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:10 AM
Aristocracy

good luck to Hamdan and his Happy Boy!
i didn't know he was engaged in race, i thought he was only in endurance competitions... well, i hope he wins!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl_68 View Post
good luck to Hamdan and his Happy Boy!
i didn't know he was engaged in race, i thought he was only in endurance competitions... well, i hope he wins!!!
Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Rashid have been racing horses in the UAE since 1992 with Sheikh Rashid being the more successful of the two. Sheikh Hamdan's Happy Boy will race again on March 6 before the DWC.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Commoner

Hiii! Does anyone have any pictures of Sheikha Sheikha? I asked a looong time ago but noone answered me LoL! I just wanna know cuz the pix I have seen so far are kinda blurry. OKay thnx
Old 02-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuStMeEeEe View Post
Hiii! Does anyone have any pictures of Sheikha Sheikha? I asked a looong time ago but noone answered me LoL! I just wanna know cuz the pix I have seen so far are kinda blurry. OKay thnx
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...d-15339-2.html you have to look 27th post
Old 02-02-2008, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

According to gulf-news.com

Quote:
Shaikh Maktoum Bin Mohammad Al Maktoum to join Shaikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum as Deputy Ruler of Dubai.
Old 02-02-2008, 05:02 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrashad View Post
Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Rashid have been racing horses in the UAE since 1992 with Sheikh Rashid being the more successful of the two. Sheikh Hamdan's Happy Boy will race again on March 6 before the DWC.
Are you sure since 1992? They would have been 12 and 10 years old at the time. I can remember them though both having racers since their late teens.

Not sure many know this, but Sheikh Rashid gave being a jockey a try for a little bit of time prior to heading off to Sandhurst. Only a couple of races though from what I remember. But he was quoted at the time as saying he wanted to become a professional jockey.

Also, more than just a few years back, Sheikh Rashid organized a running race between himself and some of the other jockeys and stable hands. Took place on the race track in between some pretty big races at Nad al Sheba. Was fun to watch really.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Friend View Post
Are you sure since 1992? They would have been 12 and 10 years old at the time. I can remember them though both having racers since their late teens.
I thought it was a mistake myself, so I looked up their lifetime results. Both had results going back to 1992.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Please continue the discussion on Sheikh Hamdan becoming Crown Prince on the following thread; Crown Prince Hamdan bin Mohammed

Thank you
UAE Moderators
Old 02-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Several posts have been moved to the following thread:
Dubai Marriage Customs

This thread is meant for current news and official engagements of Sheikh Muhammad's children.

All older picture links should be posted here:
Sheikh Mohammed's Children: picture thread

Dubai Moderating Team
Old 02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

everyone always knows i ask "where is rashid?" but seriously, he hasnt been public since eid. that was 2 months ago. i hope he is happy and healthy somewhere.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Commoner

I am your opinion dana! and besides well said