The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Mayed bin Mohammad bin Rashid attends a guard celebration in Dubai

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...ellite1-11.jpg

Old 01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Aristocracy

Mayed is a busy bee, isn't he?

Old 01-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Question

Be calm everybody when you see this.I don't understand anything.

This forum says S.Hamdan is getting married with Sheikha Yasmeen.

Is he married or not?

Read and see...

Dubai Forums.com : United Arab Emirates, Dubai Discussions - sheikh hamdan al maktoum's wedding
Old 01-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
Be calm everybody when you see this.I don't understand anything.

Is he married or not?

Read and see...

Dubai Forums.com : United Arab Emirates, Dubai Discussions - sheikh hamdan al maktoum's wedding
Girl, that rumors is so not true and it's old. It's probably some girl named Yasmeen claiming she engaged to Hamdan.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabina View Post
Girl, that rumors is so not true and it's old. It's probably some girl named Yasmeen claiming she engaged to Hamdan.

Ohhh, Thank you so much Alabina. I realised it's old but this forum is from Dubai so , I was shocked and he will also marry with a Sheikha. THANK YOU ,THANK YOU AND THANK YOU.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy

rumor or not, he will eventually get married. could you imagine being his wife and having the pressure to live up to shka hind? I assume Hamdan's wife would be expected to have lots of kids, yes?!?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:48 PM

I've heard the rumor that Sh. Rashid was in love w/ a Moroccan girl, and his father wouldn't allow him to marry her and a whole lot of drama...is that true?
Old 01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana8585 View Post
rumor or not, he will eventually get married. could you imagine being his wife and having the pressure to live up to shka hind? I assume Hamdan's wife would be expected to have lots of kids, yes?!?
Pressure is going to be huge whether she is Maktoum or one from the other ruling families because his the son of the ruler etc... Number of kids will probably depend on their own choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoCoNel View Post
I've heard the rumor that Sh. Rashid was in love w/ a Moroccan girl, and his father wouldn't allow him to marry her and a whole lot of drama...is that true?
No, I think it's just more rumblings on the net.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Who is Sheikha yasmeen ....
Old 01-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs up

To dana8585
S.Hamdan's first wife will be a Sheikha.Maybe from Maktoum,maybe from Nahyan and how many kids they will have, this is their decision.S.Mohammed has lots of kids but,his brother S.Hamdan has 6 kids.This is their decision.

To CoCoNel
Yes ,Rashid loves a Moroccon lady for 3 years.I am sure ,because lots of Dubaians say this.

To reeda2000
Only her name is in the forum and I heard her name lots of forums.I don't know who is her.Last Summer in Dubai people say he's engaged to Yasmeen. After nothing was.

DOES ANY DUBAIAN TELL US WHO IS THIS GIRL??
Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

I think that "poor" guys are under a constant pressure and watch of just everybody that they started to make up "morrocan" ladies and sheikhas "Yasmeen" :-) ( I don't know, my speculation ). Imo, they will never go to public with the complete truth about their love lifes, there might be some hints in the rumors on internet but never correct details.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Just a simple reminder, We do not allow unsubstantiated gossip and speculation based on hearsay. Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports
Old 01-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Sheikh Hamdan at a camel race today, looks like he won since he is receiving a prize or maybe its on behalf of a family member. Sheikh Hamdan is also sporting a new look which was last seen on him a few years ago
Picture
Old 01-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for the picture dazzling. he looks handsome as ever!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

dazzling,
Thanks for the photo. Prince Hamdan is quite handsome. The prize he has got is impressive.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Sheikh Mohammad has a Moroccan Wife, the mother of sheikha Maitha and Sheikh Majed. So why Sheikh Rashed can't married a Moroccan girl who is in love with ?

It was too good to be true...
Old 01-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana8585 View Post
thanks for the picture dazzling. he looks handsome as ever!
yup! totally agree! just don't like the beard so much...
Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joumana View Post
Sheikh Mohammad has a Moroccan Wife, the mother of sheikha Maitha and Sheikh Majed. So why Sheikh Rashed can't married a Moroccan girl who is in love with ?
We can't discuss here because, The Royal Forums Rules don't accept this.If you can read youtube's comments(which one I don't remember) you will see.

and...Thanks dazzling for Hamdan's photo.He is really handsome.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
We can't discuss here because, The Royal Forums Rules don't accept this.If you can read youtube's comments(which one I don't remember) you will see.

and...Thanks dazzling for Hamdan's photo.He is really handsome.
Actually, this is something which I believe can be discussed here. In the early days of the UAE (70s and 80s), back when Sharjah was actually the "hot" city, not Dubai, many of the Sheikhs took non Emirati wives.

Over the past ten years, promulgated by Sheikh Zayed himself, there has been a push for Emiratis to marry Emiratis. This has been published from time to time in the news papers, both Arabic and English.

In many cases, the Emirates, due to the small size of it's national population, is a country in which the people follow what they see within the ruling families. So, in today's world, it will be very difficult for a prominent sheikh or even businessman, to take for his first wife someone who is not Emirati.

And when an individual is from a ruling family, arranged, or family decided, marriages are still the norm. These days, this is done mainly to strengthen ties between the families.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Post Hamdan bin Mohammed approves AED 2.5m for each premier-division club

Hamdan bin Mohammed approves AED 2.5m for each premier-division club

Each first grade club in Dubai will get AED 2.5 million from the Dubai Sports Council, it was announced today.