The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 09-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Belize
Posts: 165
where does she go in the time line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
The Moroccan lady.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 09-27-2004, 07:23 PM
777 777 is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13
actually the iraqi woman is STILL married to him thank you very much. Do you know her? I do, and she is much prettier than ANY woman in the emirates. There was always this jealousy surrounding her because of her beauty and how come he married an iraqi woman. She is white, beautiful and educated - why not marry her? And alsso she doesnt mess around like the other women in the emirates do. Or are you going to CORRECT me about that also?
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 09-27-2004, 07:24 PM
777 777 is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13
I have a sneaky feeling that you are Manal bint mohammed, and thats why you are insisteing Mansour loves Manal. Am i right, or am i right???
__________________
  #44  
Old 09-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 75
Mo's money: SOURCES are fuzzy

The sources of Mo's money are little Fuzzy


According to Forbes magazine:
Billionaires
Arabian Knight
Matthew Swibel, 03.15.04

Dubai's crown prince is building a very rich empire--on virtually everything but oil.


Dubai is a place where the act of moving around sand dunes always involves billions of dollars. You might recognize the sail-shaped $1 billion Burj Al Arab superluxury hotel jutting into the Persian Gulf. Perhaps you haven't heard of the $3 billion construction of two islands in the shape of palm trees. Or the 480,000-square-foot hole for a new $4.1 billion airport terminal. That's in front of the site for Dubailand, an improbable $5 billion Disneyesque project comprising indoor snow skiing, an animal safari and amusement rides--but not a single mosque.

The guy driving all this construction is a bit of an oddity himself. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, 54, who rules this tiny city-state (roughly the size of Rhode Island), is Dubai's de facto Muslim leader, but he has a distinctly capitalist tilt. Thanks to his restless enterprise, Dubai's nominal GDP has exploded from $8 billion to $20 billion in the last decade. That wealth does not derive from oil, which represents only 8.5% of output; nearly two-thirds comes from trade, tourism, real estate, construction and financial services.

Dubai is a place of intriguing contrasts. Fewer than 15% of its 1 million residents are nationals; most of its immigrants hail from Pakistan, India, Iran, Egypt and other Arab nations. Women in black burkas revealing only their eyes stroll on Sheikh Zayed Road past a line of sequined halter tops waiting to get into the smoky Zinc nightclub, where booze is served. While muezzins call the faithful to prayer, you can hear bells ringing at the Catholic church. Tourists with Israeli stamps in their passports breeze through customs. "We want to be the one place in the world which offers the best option for everything--business opportunities, world-class sporting and entertainment events," says Mohammed.

It's not quite the business mecca it pretends to be, not yet, anyway. Technically, foreigners can't own land in Dubai--or anywhere in the United Arab Emirates, a federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian peninsula. But the tax-free advantages to trading companies are an irresistible draw for more than 1,500 companies from 80 nations. A fledgling stock exchange lists 16 companies (market cap: $15.4 billion, versus $14.7 trillion for the NYSE) that trade for two hours a day. The economy remains opaque because there's little distinction between government fisc and private treasure of the sheikh and his three brothers, estimated at $10 billion.

The sources of that wealth are a little fuzzy. Mohammed gets $2 billion a year in income from assets accumulated by his father, Sheikh Rashid. Then there's an estimated $2.5 billion a year, a subsidy from the UAE to the ambitious autocrat and his family. In addition, Mohammed controls luxury hotels, banks and at least six beachfront palaces, not to mention a stable of 1,200 Arabian racehorses. (Dubai's Nad al Sheba Racecourse hosts the Dubai World Cup series, the richest equine event in the world, with purses totaling $16 million.)

Think of Dubai as a corporation and Mohammed its chief executive--without a board of directors getting in his way. He can increase the value of land simply by building, say, a marble-clad hotel on a portion of it. The airline he launched delivers tourists who stay at his hotels and buy goods sent through his ports. To keep things humming, he funnels cash to his friends in the form of highway and hospital contracts. "Under Sheikh Mohammed," says Khalaf Al Habtoor, a billionaire construction magnate whose firm helped build hotels, hospitals and airport facilities, "anything is possible."

Anything except failure. In 2000 the sheikh's friends Abdullah and Majid Al Futtaim couldn't agree on who should run their $1 billion-plus auto-trading and real estate business, which includes exclusive selling rights for Toyota, Jeep, Volvo and Chrysler, as well as a 1-million-square-foot shopping mall. Squabbling might have driven both ventures into the ground. Mohammed ordered each sib to bid on the assets, highest number takes all. "His Highness never wants to see anyone go bankrupt in Dubai," says a banker who represents the superrich there.
__________________
  #45  
Old 09-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Belize
Posts: 165
where mo REALLY gets his money

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3694894.stm

industrial accidents like this happen ALOT in the emirates. they are just not reported. that is where mo makes him money. it is built at 3rd world prices and sold to the tourists at London market value.

pretty clever, if you don't mind going to hell for abusing people less fortunate than you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon
The sources of Mo's money are little Fuzzy


According to Forbes magazine:
Billionaires
Arabian Knight
Matthew Swibel, 03.15.04

Dubai's crown prince is building a very rich empire--on virtually everything but oil.

Dubai is a place where the act of moving around sand dunes always involves billions of dollars. You might recognize the sail-shaped $1 billion Burj Al Arab superluxury hotel jutting into the Persian Gulf. Perhaps you haven't heard of the $3 billion construction of two islands in the shape of palm trees. Or the 480,000-square-foot hole for a new $4.1 billion airport terminal. That's in front of the site for Dubailand, an improbable $5 billion Disneyesque project comprising indoor snow skiing, an animal safari and amusement rides--but not a single mosque.

The guy driving all this construction is a bit of an oddity himself. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, 54, who rules this tiny city-state (roughly the size of Rhode Island), is Dubai's de facto Muslim leader, but he has a distinctly capitalist tilt. Thanks to his restless enterprise, Dubai's nominal GDP has exploded from $8 billion to $20 billion in the last decade. That wealth does not derive from oil, which represents only 8.5% of output; nearly two-thirds comes from trade, tourism, real estate, construction and financial services.

Dubai is a place of intriguing contrasts. Fewer than 15% of its 1 million residents are nationals; most of its immigrants hail from Pakistan, India, Iran, Egypt and other Arab nations. Women in black burkas revealing only their eyes stroll on Sheikh Zayed Road past a line of sequined halter tops waiting to get into the smoky Zinc nightclub, where booze is served. While muezzins call the faithful to prayer, you can hear bells ringing at the Catholic church. Tourists with Israeli stamps in their passports breeze through customs. "We want to be the one place in the world which offers the best option for everything--business opportunities, world-class sporting and entertainment events," says Mohammed.

It's not quite the business mecca it pretends to be, not yet, anyway. Technically, foreigners can't own land in Dubai--or anywhere in the United Arab Emirates, a federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian peninsula. But the tax-free advantages to trading companies are an irresistible draw for more than 1,500 companies from 80 nations. A fledgling stock exchange lists 16 companies (market cap: $15.4 billion, versus $14.7 trillion for the NYSE) that trade for two hours a day. The economy remains opaque because there's little distinction between government fisc and private treasure of the sheikh and his three brothers, estimated at $10 billion.

The sources of that wealth are a little fuzzy. Mohammed gets $2 billion a year in income from assets accumulated by his father, Sheikh Rashid. Then there's an estimated $2.5 billion a year, a subsidy from the UAE to the ambitious autocrat and his family. In addition, Mohammed controls luxury hotels, banks and at least six beachfront palaces, not to mention a stable of 1,200 Arabian racehorses. (Dubai's Nad al Sheba Racecourse hosts the Dubai World Cup series, the richest equine event in the world, with purses totaling $16 million.)

Think of Dubai as a corporation and Mohammed its chief executive--without a board of directors getting in his way. He can increase the value of land simply by building, say, a marble-clad hotel on a portion of it. The airline he launched delivers tourists who stay at his hotels and buy goods sent through his ports. To keep things humming, he funnels cash to his friends in the form of highway and hospital contracts. "Under Sheikh Mohammed," says Khalaf Al Habtoor, a billionaire construction magnate whose firm helped build hotels, hospitals and airport facilities, "anything is possible."

Anything except failure. In 2000 the sheikh's friends Abdullah and Majid Al Futtaim couldn't agree on who should run their $1 billion-plus auto-trading and real estate business, which includes exclusive selling rights for Toyota, Jeep, Volvo and Chrysler, as well as a 1-million-square-foot shopping mall. Squabbling might have driven both ventures into the ground. Mohammed ordered each sib to bid on the assets, highest number takes all. "His Highness never wants to see anyone go bankrupt in Dubai," says a banker who represents the superrich there.
__________________
  #46  
Old 09-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Belize
Posts: 165
the iraqi woman is married to who??? mansour??? so manal will be #3???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
actually the iraqi woman is STILL married to him thank you very much. Do you know her? I do, and she is much prettier than ANY woman in the emirates. There was always this jealousy surrounding her because of her beauty and how come he married an iraqi woman. She is white, beautiful and educated - why not marry her? And alsso she doesnt mess around like the other women in the emirates do. Or are you going to CORRECT me about that also?
__________________
  #47  
Old 09-28-2004, 12:27 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Germany
Posts: 4
I just want to say that it is lucky that none of us are linked to the ruling family because we would just be battered on this site. They are all normal human beings, just like us, and I would certainly hate for anyone to talk about my private life this way and afterall we all have things hidden in our closet.
__________________
  #48  
Old 09-28-2004, 01:42 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
I have a sneaky feeling that you are Manal bint mohammed, and thats why you are insisteing Mansour loves Manal. Am i right, or am i right???
WRONG WRONG WRONG...Im not manal and i am not from DxB
__________________
  #49  
Old 09-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
actually the iraqi woman is STILL married to him thank you very much. Do you know her? I do, and she is much prettier than ANY woman in the emirates. There was always this jealousy surrounding her because of her beauty and how come he married an iraqi woman. She is white, beautiful and educated - why not marry her? And alsso she doesnt mess around like the other women in the emirates do. Or are you going to CORRECT me about that also?
Yes i do know her very well.He divorced her last year....Why do u denay everything i say ?? DO u have a problem with me??
Yes i will addmit she USED to be really beautifull but not anymore..
__________________
  #50  
Old 09-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by tania
I just want to say that it is lucky that none of us are linked to the ruling family because we would just be battered on this site. They are all normal human beings, just like us, and I would certainly hate for anyone to talk about my private life this way and afterall we all have things hidden in our closet.
I agree with u.Im not here to talk about them in a bad way.Im here to correct people who give out wrong info and talk bad about the uae royalty.
__________________
  #51  
Old 09-28-2004, 04:20 AM
La la's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Eskilstuna, Sweden
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
the iraqi woman is married to who??? mansour??? so manal will be #3???
Nope, to Sheikh Tahnoun bin Saeed.
__________________
  #52  
Old 09-28-2004, 04:41 AM
La la's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Eskilstuna, Sweden
Posts: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3694894.stm

industrial accidents like this happen ALOT in the emirates. they are just not reported. that is where mo makes him money. it is built at 3rd world prices and sold to the tourists at London market value.

pretty clever, if you don't mind going to hell for abusing people less fortunate than you.
Poor workers! SA has always come across as someone who takes his work seriously to me so I hope there's some credibility to his words. I know Dubai's reputation is important above all (this accident has been reported even in the Swedish newspapers) to the Maks so at least for the sake of that. You can always hope.
__________________
  #53  
Old 09-28-2004, 11:35 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: , Belize
Posts: 165
you are right, tania-they are humans just like us.

therefore they must be held accountable for their actions-just like us.

i don't think people on here get overly disrespectful-but many of the posters are not necessarily royal worshippers either whereas some people think the royals who run certain countries sit at the right hand of god/allah. to be informed that these people have love and lost or love and won-is quite interesting and insightful to who they are. it is very easy to look among many of these people and think 'what could they ever want in life' but when you find out that they want the same as you and me-a partner to love for life. you realize they are human and should be treated the same and respected for their struggle.

i could really care less what eyeshadow they wear, who designs their clothes or where they go on holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tania
I just want to say that it is lucky that none of us are linked to the ruling family because we would just be battered on this site. They are all normal human beings, just like us, and I would certainly hate for anyone to talk about my private life this way and afterall we all have things hidden in our closet.
__________________
  #54  
Old 09-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 156
Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed does have two wives. I think that one is an Al-Nahyan and one is an Al-Mazroui. His mother is an Al-Mazroui.
__________________
  #55  
Old 09-28-2004, 05:24 PM
777 777 is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13
did you know that he saw the mazroui girl and he was engaged at the time, and demanded he take her to be his wife instead?! he came. he saw. he took.
__________________
  #56  
Old 09-28-2004, 05:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 465
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777
did you know that he saw the mazroui girl and he was engaged at the time, and demanded he take her to be his wife instead?! he came. he saw. he took.
Yeah i know..So he likesd her thats why he insisited in marrying her though she was engaged, and earlier u said there is no such thing about love before marriage.
__________________
  #57  
Old 09-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe
started the recaps re: Mansour and then thought this one will get interesting quick.

Marwan's momma -married and divorced
Hind -married
Lebanese lady -married and divorced
Alyzia -never married
Delilia -married (think still married to, also)
i think a british woman was between these two -never married (but supposedly she is responsible for his poetry being translated into english )
Haya -married

who did i miss?
This one: ???

------------

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Just how rich are the Maktoums?

Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, crown prince of Dubai, set a record for the world's most expensive wedding when he married Princess Salama in 1981. The cost of the ceremony, attended by 20,000 guests in a stadium built for the occasion, was $44 million, according to The Guiness Book of Records.

Source: http://www.knightridder.com/papers/g...on/dubai1.html
---------

If you google "most expensive wedding" you get other references to it too, supposedly took place in May 1981.

Who is Princess Salama? Is this mistaken identity, weren't Sheikha HInd and Shekih Mo married about that time or I thought a bit earlier, late 70s?
__________________
  #58  
Old 09-28-2004, 05:57 PM
La la's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Eskilstuna, Sweden
Posts: 903
Yes, Sheikha Hind and Mo were married in 1979.
__________________
  #59  
Old 09-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 156
Yes, I knew that the girl was engaged when Sultan decided that he wanted her. Her fiance was here in the States studying and was called about the situation. I have heard that the girl was not that pretty, but his mother chose her.
__________________
  #60  
Old 10-13-2004, 06:43 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Posts: 2
shkhbot is dead long time ago
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sheikh Mohammed's Children 6: November 2009 - June 2011 Warren Current Events Archive 470 06-24-2011 02:38 AM
Sheikh Mohammed's Children picture thread 1 Turkish Delight Current Events Archive 591 01-21-2010 01:01 AM
Sheikh Mohammed's Children 4: September 2007-April 2008 Warren Current Events Archive 398 04-09-2008 12:09 PM
Sheikh Mohammed's Children 3: March-September 2007 Humera Current Events Archive 204 09-14-2007 06:24 AM
Sheikh Mohammed's Children 2: June 2006-February 2007 Warren Current Events Archive 347 03-05-2007 02:56 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway palace picture thread pom pregnancy prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim prince laurent princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess annette princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess maxima queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sheikh state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]