Sheikh Mohammed's Children 1: June 2004-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my brother and my cousin have told me ipi, that he is a sheikh, it is the name on his credit card!!! and also he has very good relations with his uncles and sheikh maktoum looks after him alot. he is friendly with ahmed bin saeed al maktoum and so he doesnt worry financially. he has freedom and he likes normal people as opposed to sheiks to hang out with. he like playing pool and he likes horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
being friendly doesn't always guarantee a worry free life financially-now does it?;)

so logically speaking he would know Rashid and Hamdan-his brothers.

777 said:
my brother and my cousin have told me ipi, that he is a sheikh, it is the name on his credit card!!! and also he has very good relations with his uncles and sheikh maktoum looks after him alot. he is friendly with ahmed bin saeed al maktoum (the 3 inch guy) and so he doesnt worry financially. he has freedom and he likes normal people as opposed to sheiks to hang out with. he like playing pool and he likes horses.

777 said:
no one has multiple wives except mansour. tahnoun has an iraqi wife (iraqi british). called layla and FREAKING STUNNING!!!!!!
Who is Khawla bint Ahmed al Suweidi then? I thought she was Tahnoun's wife or does he have two wives?

(why are we discussing this in the Mo thread?)

777 said:
no one has multiple wives except mansour. tahnoun has an iraqi wife (iraqi british). called layla and FREAKING STUNNING!!!!!!
Well ur mistaken coz shk Sultan bin zayed has a 2nd wife...And are u reffering to tahnoon bin zayed??Coz he dsnt have multiple wifes.The lady u are reffering to the iraqi/british WAS married to tahnoon bin saeed no tahnoon bin zayed.Tahnoon bin saeed was married to shk zayeds daughter shk latifa.

La la said:
Who is Khawla bint Ahmed al Suweidi then? I thought she was Tahnoun's wife or does he have two wives?

(why are we discussing this in the Mo thread?)
She is shk tahnoon bin zayeds wife, and only wife and has a daughter from him.

777 said:
he has freedom and he likes normal people as opposed to sheiks to hang out with. .
Welll 777 it seems u dont know sheikhs or sheikhas, or u hear about them in wrong ways. Coz all of them hang out with normal people and have friends who are normal people and who live and do stuff like normal people but they just dont do it publicly.

Guess Who said:
She is shk tahnoon bin zayeds wife, and only wife and has a daughter from him.
OK, that's what I read. I know she is one of the active sheikhas, the head or chairman of something? Do you know what does she?

La la said:
OK, that's what I read. I know she is one of the active sheikhas, the head or chairman of something? Do you know what does she?
Yes she is one of the active sheikhas..always at functions and at visits, dinners with her mother in law.Am not sure if she is head of anything, must ask.

recap of Mo's love life

started the recaps re: Mansour and then thought this one will get interesting quick.

Marwan's momma -married and divorced
Hind -married
Lebanese lady -married and divorced
Alyzia -never married
Delilia -married (think still married to, also)
i think a british woman was between these two -never married (but supposedly she is responsible for his poetry being translated into english:eek: )
Haya -married

who did i miss?

actually the iraqi woman is STILL married to him thank you very much. Do you know her? I do, and she is much prettier than ANY woman in the emirates. There was always this jealousy surrounding her because of her beauty and how come he married an iraqi woman. She is white, beautiful and educated - why not marry her? And alsso she doesnt mess around like the other women in the emirates do. Or are you going to CORRECT me about that also?

I have a sneaky feeling that you are Manal bint mohammed, and thats why you are insisteing Mansour loves Manal. Am i right, or am i right???

Mo's money: SOURCES are fuzzy

The sources of Mo's money are little Fuzzy:rolleyes: :confused:

According to Forbes magazine:
Billionaires
Arabian Knight
Matthew Swibel, 03.15.04

Dubai's crown prince is building a very rich empire--on virtually everything but oil.
sheikh_426_316.gif

Dubai is a place where the act of moving around sand dunes always involves billions of dollars. You might recognize the sail-shaped $1 billion Burj Al Arab superluxury hotel jutting into the Persian Gulf. Perhaps you haven't heard of the $3 billion construction of two islands in the shape of palm trees. Or the 480,000-square-foot hole for a new $4.1 billion airport terminal. That's in front of the site for Dubailand, an improbable $5 billion Disneyesque project comprising indoor snow skiing, an animal safari and amusement rides--but not a single mosque.

The guy driving all this construction is a bit of an oddity himself. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, 54, who rules this tiny city-state (roughly the size of Rhode Island), is Dubai's de facto Muslim leader, but he has a distinctly capitalist tilt. Thanks to his restless enterprise, Dubai's nominal GDP has exploded from $8 billion to $20 billion in the last decade. That wealth does not derive from oil, which represents only 8.5% of output; nearly two-thirds comes from trade, tourism, real estate, construction and financial services.

Dubai is a place of intriguing contrasts. Fewer than 15% of its 1 million residents are nationals; most of its immigrants hail from Pakistan, India, Iran, Egypt and other Arab nations. Women in black burkas revealing only their eyes stroll on Sheikh Zayed Road past a line of sequined halter tops waiting to get into the smoky Zinc nightclub, where booze is served. While muezzins call the faithful to prayer, you can hear bells ringing at the Catholic church. Tourists with Israeli stamps in their passports breeze through customs. "We want to be the one place in the world which offers the best option for everything--business opportunities, world-class sporting and entertainment events," says Mohammed.

It's not quite the business mecca it pretends to be, not yet, anyway. Technically, foreigners can't own land in Dubai--or anywhere in the United Arab Emirates, a federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian peninsula. But the tax-free advantages to trading companies are an irresistible draw for more than 1,500 companies from 80 nations. A fledgling stock exchange lists 16 companies (market cap: $15.4 billion, versus $14.7 trillion for the NYSE) that trade for two hours a day. The economy remains opaque because there's little distinction between government fisc and private treasure of the sheikh and his three brothers, estimated at $10 billion.

The sources of that wealth are a little fuzzy. Mohammed gets $2 billion a year in income from assets accumulated by his father, Sheikh Rashid. Then there's an estimated $2.5 billion a year, a subsidy from the UAE to the ambitious autocrat and his family. In addition, Mohammed controls luxury hotels, banks and at least six beachfront palaces, not to mention a stable of 1,200 Arabian racehorses. (Dubai's Nad al Sheba Racecourse hosts the Dubai World Cup series, the richest equine event in the world, with purses totaling $16 million.)

Think of Dubai as a corporation and Mohammed its chief executive--without a board of directors getting in his way. He can increase the value of land simply by building, say, a marble-clad hotel on a portion of it. The airline he launched delivers tourists who stay at his hotels and buy goods sent through his ports. To keep things humming, he funnels cash to his friends in the form of highway and hospital contracts. "Under Sheikh Mohammed," says Khalaf Al Habtoor, a billionaire construction magnate whose firm helped build hotels, hospitals and airport facilities, "anything is possible."

Anything except failure. In 2000 the sheikh's friends Abdullah and Majid Al Futtaim couldn't agree on who should run their $1 billion-plus auto-trading and real estate business, which includes exclusive selling rights for Toyota, Jeep, Volvo and Chrysler, as well as a 1-million-square-foot shopping mall. Squabbling might have driven both ventures into the ground. Mohammed ordered each sib to bid on the assets, highest number takes all. "His Highness never wants to see anyone go bankrupt in Dubai," says a banker who represents the superrich there.

Last edited:
where mo REALLY gets his money

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3694894.stm

industrial accidents like this happen ALOT in the emirates. they are just not reported. that is where mo makes him money. it is built at 3rd world prices and sold to the tourists at London market value.

pretty clever, if you don't mind going to hell for abusing people less fortunate than you.

Moon said:
The sources of Mo's money are little Fuzzy:rolleyes: :confused:

According to Forbes magazine:
Billionaires
Arabian Knight
Matthew Swibel, 03.15.04

Dubai's crown prince is building a very rich empire--on virtually everything but oil.

Dubai is a place where the act of moving around sand dunes always involves billions of dollars. You might recognize the sail-shaped $1 billion Burj Al Arab superluxury hotel jutting into the Persian Gulf. Perhaps you haven't heard of the $3 billion construction of two islands in the shape of palm trees. Or the 480,000-square-foot hole for a new $4.1 billion airport terminal. That's in front of the site for Dubailand, an improbable $5 billion Disneyesque project comprising indoor snow skiing, an animal safari and amusement rides--but not a single mosque.

The guy driving all this construction is a bit of an oddity himself. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, 54, who rules this tiny city-state (roughly the size of Rhode Island), is Dubai's de facto Muslim leader, but he has a distinctly capitalist tilt. Thanks to his restless enterprise, Dubai's nominal GDP has exploded from $8 billion to $20 billion in the last decade. That wealth does not derive from oil, which represents only 8.5% of output; nearly two-thirds comes from trade, tourism, real estate, construction and financial services.

Dubai is a place of intriguing contrasts. Fewer than 15% of its 1 million residents are nationals; most of its immigrants hail from Pakistan, India, Iran, Egypt and other Arab nations. Women in black burkas revealing only their eyes stroll on Sheikh Zayed Road past a line of sequined halter tops waiting to get into the smoky Zinc nightclub, where booze is served. While muezzins call the faithful to prayer, you can hear bells ringing at the Catholic church. Tourists with Israeli stamps in their passports breeze through customs. "We want to be the one place in the world which offers the best option for everything--business opportunities, world-class sporting and entertainment events," says Mohammed.

It's not quite the business mecca it pretends to be, not yet, anyway. Technically, foreigners can't own land in Dubai--or anywhere in the United Arab Emirates, a federation of seven sheikhdoms on the Arabian peninsula. But the tax-free advantages to trading companies are an irresistible draw for more than 1,500 companies from 80 nations. A fledgling stock exchange lists 16 companies (market cap: $15.4 billion, versus $14.7 trillion for the NYSE) that trade for two hours a day. The economy remains opaque because there's little distinction between government fisc and private treasure of the sheikh and his three brothers, estimated at $10 billion.

The sources of that wealth are a little fuzzy. Mohammed gets $2 billion a year in income from assets accumulated by his father, Sheikh Rashid. Then there's an estimated $2.5 billion a year, a subsidy from the UAE to the ambitious autocrat and his family. In addition, Mohammed controls luxury hotels, banks and at least six beachfront palaces, not to mention a stable of 1,200 Arabian racehorses. (Dubai's Nad al Sheba Racecourse hosts the Dubai World Cup series, the richest equine event in the world, with purses totaling $16 million.)

Think of Dubai as a corporation and Mohammed its chief executive--without a board of directors getting in his way. He can increase the value of land simply by building, say, a marble-clad hotel on a portion of it. The airline he launched delivers tourists who stay at his hotels and buy goods sent through his ports. To keep things humming, he funnels cash to his friends in the form of highway and hospital contracts. "Under Sheikh Mohammed," says Khalaf Al Habtoor, a billionaire construction magnate whose firm helped build hotels, hospitals and airport facilities, "anything is possible."

Anything except failure. In 2000 the sheikh's friends Abdullah and Majid Al Futtaim couldn't agree on who should run their $1 billion-plus auto-trading and real estate business, which includes exclusive selling rights for Toyota, Jeep, Volvo and Chrysler, as well as a 1-million-square-foot shopping mall. Squabbling might have driven both ventures into the ground. Mohammed ordered each sib to bid on the assets, highest number takes all. "His Highness never wants to see anyone go bankrupt in Dubai," says a banker who represents the superrich there.

the iraqi woman is married to who??? mansour??? so manal will be #3???

777 said:
actually the iraqi woman is STILL married to him thank you very much. Do you know her? I do, and she is much prettier than ANY woman in the emirates. There was always this jealousy surrounding her because of her beauty and how come he married an iraqi woman. She is white, beautiful and educated - why not marry her? And alsso she doesnt mess around like the other women in the emirates do. Or are you going to CORRECT me about that also?

I just want to say that it is lucky that none of us are linked to the ruling family because we would just be battered on this site. They are all normal human beings, just like us, and I would certainly hate for anyone to talk about my private life this way and afterall we all have things hidden in our closet.

777 said:
I have a sneaky feeling that you are Manal bint mohammed, and thats why you are insisteing Mansour loves Manal. Am i right, or am i right???
WRONG WRONG WRONG...Im not manal and i am not from DxB

777 said:
Yes i do know her very well.He divorced her last year....Why do u denay everything i say ?? DO u have a problem with me??
Yes i will addmit she USED to be really beautifull but not anymore..

tania said:
I just want to say that it is lucky that none of us are linked to the ruling family because we would just be battered on this site. They are all normal human beings, just like us, and I would certainly hate for anyone to talk about my private life this way and afterall we all have things hidden in our closet.
I agree with u.Im not here to talk about them in a bad way.Im here to correct people who give out wrong info and talk bad about the uae royalty.

Ipi Tombe said:
the iraqi woman is married to who??? mansour??? so manal will be #3???
Nope, to Sheikh Tahnoun bin Saeed.

Ipi Tombe said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3694894.stm

industrial accidents like this happen ALOT in the emirates. they are just not reported. that is where mo makes him money. it is built at 3rd world prices and sold to the tourists at London market value.

pretty clever, if you don't mind going to hell for abusing people less fortunate than you.
Poor workers! SA has always come across as someone who takes his work seriously to me so I hope there's some credibility to his words. I know Dubai's reputation is important above all (this accident has been reported even in the Swedish newspapers) to the Maks so at least for the sake of that. You can always hope.

Last edited:
you are right, tania-they are humans just like us.

therefore they must be held accountable for their actions-just like us.

i don't think people on here get overly disrespectful-but many of the posters are not necessarily royal worshippers either whereas some people think the royals who run certain countries sit at the right hand of god/allah. to be informed that these people have love and lost or love and won-is quite interesting and insightful to who they are. it is very easy to look among many of these people and think 'what could they ever want in life' but when you find out that they want the same as you and me-a partner to love for life. you realize they are human and should be treated the same and respected for their struggle.

i could really care less what eyeshadow they wear, who designs their clothes or where they go on holiday.

tania said:

Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed does have two wives. I think that one is an Al-Nahyan and one is an Al-Mazroui. His mother is an Al-Mazroui.

did you know that he saw the mazroui girl and he was engaged at the time, and demanded he take her to be his wife instead?! he came. he saw. he took.

777 said:
did you know that he saw the mazroui girl and he was engaged at the time, and demanded he take her to be his wife instead?! he came. he saw. he took.
Yeah i know..So he likesd her thats why he insisited in marrying her though she was engaged, and earlier u said there is no such thing about love before marriage.

Ipi Tombe said:
started the recaps re: Mansour and then thought this one will get interesting quick.

Marwan's momma -married and divorced
Hind -married
Lebanese lady -married and divorced
Alyzia -never married
Delilia -married (think still married to, also)
i think a british woman was between these two -never married (but supposedly she is responsible for his poetry being translated into english:eek: )
Haya -married

who did i miss?

This one: ???

------------

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates – Just how rich are the Maktoums?

Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, crown prince of Dubai, set a record for the world's most expensive wedding when he married Princess Salama in 1981. The cost of the ceremony, attended by 20,000 guests in a stadium built for the occasion, was $44 million, according to The Guiness Book of Records.

Source: http://www.knightridder.com/papers/greatstories/lexington/dubai1.html
---------

If you google "most expensive wedding" you get other references to it too, supposedly took place in May 1981.

Who is Princess Salama? Is this mistaken identity, weren't Sheikha HInd and Shekih Mo married about that time or I thought a bit earlier, late 70s? :confused:

Yes, Sheikha Hind and Mo were married in 1979.

Yes, I knew that the girl was engaged when Sultan decided that he wanted her. Her fiance was here in the States studying and was called about the situation. I have heard that the girl was not that pretty, but his mother chose her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom