Sheikh Mohammed current events 2: February 2006 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
US President George W. Bush (R) and Sheikh Muhammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum (L), the Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, walk together at Camp David August 3, 2008 in Maryland, DC

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4 -- Pic 5 -- Pic 6
BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images

Thanks for the pics dazzling. It's unusual that Mo meets another leader without his traditional attire. Funny enough I read over the weekend (in a printed paper) that people in the US got confused because they mistook Mo for Mahmoud Ahmadinejad :ohmy: and thought Bush would attempt winning the Nobel Peace Price by inviting him to Camp David and discussing the nuclear program issue :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know what "printed paper" you are referring to, but as an american i can report that the news story was reported correctly. just google. most of us "yanks" know the difference between iran and the uae.

Boy, you sure are fast with these posts. I just saw this on television last night and was going to post this morning but you beat me to it. I was thrilled to see Shk Mo in the States. < ed political comment: Warren >

I agree Miss B. I also know the difference between Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Shk Mo. I like both of them actually. < ed political comment: Warren >

I read it in a financial paper over the weekend on the train. The content was not offensive but merely a joke on Bushs' expenses and and was based on the physical resemblance between Sheikh Mohammed and the Iranian president and I certainly did not want to spark a political discussion when mentioning it. I can't provide a source so let's forget about it.

Seem's none of Sheikh Mohammed's son's were on the visit but he was accompanied by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister

UAE-US talks focus on cooperation

The talks between Bush and Shaikh Mohammad focused on energy issues, combating terrorism and cooperation in various fields, especially trade between the US and the UAE, which is considered an important market for US exports... - Full Article

Meeting with the Mayor of Shanghai

News!!!

Gulfnews: Mohammad holds meeting with municipal officials

Gulfnews: Mohammad hails Chinese success at Olympics
Dubai: His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, received yesterday at Zabeel Palace, Han Zheng, the Mayor of the Chinese city of Shanghai.
Shaikh Mohammad and his guest discussed bilateral relations and ways to enhance them.

The meeting that was also attended by Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Shaikh Rashid Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Shaikh Majid Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Dubai Arts and Culture Authority, shaikhs and senior officials.

UAE to lead fight against blindness

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched Noor Dubai, designed to help the World Health Organisation (WHO) and International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) in achieving its goals outlined in vision 2020: the Right to Sight... - Article & Pictures

News!!!

Mohammed Launches Trial Run of Dubai Metro

DUBAI —His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, launched the trial operation of Dubai Metro on Saturday. The train ran for 11 km between Jebel Ali Station and Ibn Battuta Mall Station...

Khaleej Times Online - Mohammed Launches Trial Run of Dubai Metro=

News

Mohammed bin Rashid Housing Est. endorses replacement project in Al Gouz district
WAM article

Cityscape Dubai ended on a high note on Thursday with a visit by His Highness Shaikh Mohammad - Picture Gallery

Thank you dazzling ... these skyscraper visions seem to be almost unreal in times of worldwide economic meltdown. Let's wait and see what finally becomes reality.

Thank you dazzling ... these skyscraper visions seem to be almost unreal in times of worldwide economic meltdown. Let's wait and see what finally becomes reality.

Seems like the meltdown wont effect Sheikh Mohammed, I think he would challenge it:DDoesnt seem like he is a guy who would let anything stand in his way.

Mohammad reassures investors as stocks rise

He stressed that the UAE's economy, its banking sector and financial markets are strong and safe, and their strength is derived from a far sightedness vision and flexible laws and legislation that protect local and international investments and capital... - Full Article

I am new to the royal forum, HELLOOOO!!!
I have a question, is this just for men or do women, primarily the bride, allowed to attend these things?
ps
how do people meet in dubai, i thought singles of the opposite sex werent allowed to interact?

:welcome:

At wedding such as the event Sheikh Mohammed was attending, is for me, but i wount say only but majority are men. You might have 2 or 3 ladies especially if they are embassaders or people at work and the bride doesn no appear. Usually, there is a wedding for only ladies where the bride will appear. The UAE and Dubai is opening and women and men do interact since theyre starting to work together :)

Sheikh Mohammed's Official Website wins award
WAM article

Mohammed bin Rashid receives German health minister
WAM article

Emirati vice president, prime minister and ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum (C), sits among students of Al-Maktoum School in the Gulf emirate on November 2, 2008 after announcing the launch of Dubai Cares' Volunteer Campaign. The campagin encourages individuals and university students to volunteer for charity work and assist children in the United Arab Emirates and in developing world abroad. AFP PHOTO/KARIM SAHIB
Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4

News!!!

UAE Vice-President and British Prime Minister discuss political and economic issues

His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, on Tuesday held talks with Gordon Brown, British Prime Minister, on bilateral relations, political situation and the regional and international economic issues...

Gulfnews: UAE Vice-President and British Prime Minister discuss political and economic issues

Mohammed bin Rashid receives President of Dominican
Article

Mohammed bin Rashid wins "Godfather of World Endurance Race" award
Article

Mohammed bin Rashid chairs cabinet meeting
Article

Dubai's ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum shakes hands with World Economic Forum chairman Klaus Schwab (R) at the Summit on the Global Agenda in Dubai on November 7, 2008. Maktoum, who is also Emirati vice president and prime minister, urged the incoming US administration to use "brain" instead of "brawn" in solving world crises, in a clear dig at the outgoing administration of President George W. Bush. The summit, which opened today, is organised by the World Economic Forum and aims to gather influential people from around the world to discuss global issues. AFP PHOTO/HAIDER SHAH via ANP

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3 -- Pic 4

Mohammed bin Rashid to open the third ordinary session of FNC Monday

...Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, will open Monday the third ordinary session of the 14th legislative chapter of the Federal National Council (FNC) in presence Their Highnesses Crown Princes of different emirates... - Full Article

Very Important News for Dubai´s Royal Family!!!

Camel-racing suit dismissed

A South Carolina attorney is weighing his options after the dismissal of his federal lawsuit -- filed in Kentucky against a member of Dubai's ruling family -- alleging that children were used as jockeys in camel racing...

Camel-racing suit dismissed | courier-journal | The Courier-Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom