The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Sheikh Mohammed gave an interview to CNN in London

Parts can be read here

Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sheikh Mohammed gave an interview to CNN in London

Parts can be read here
Dazzling - thanks...I hope it will air here in North America, I would like to check it out.

Here is a clip of the interview...it's on .41 seconds.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Gentry

Dubai ruler stresses that the country's economy is strong despite the effects of the

His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has stressed that the country's economy is strong despite the effects of the global financial crisis, during an interview with CNN, to be aired in full on Friday, July 25.

Underscoring the local economy's ability to overcome challenges arising from the global recession, Sheikh Mohammed revealed Emirates airline's decision to purchase new aircraft next month.

He said: "The recession is a global phenomenon and I do not think that we in Dubai fear it, but instead we consider it a challenge."

Economy will overcome challenges: Mohammed - Emirates Business 24|7
Old 06-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Commoner

hey! you can see the full interview here. enjoy!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

U.S. Secretary of States, Hillary Rodham Clinton, right, leaves the Zabeel Palace after her meeting with Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Prime Minister and ruler of Dubai, left, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, Monday Jan. 10, 2011.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
daylife.com
Old 02-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

*VERY INTERESTING: If it's true according to this piece of news sheikh Moh isn't considered a "Billionaire" anymore... Look at the new Billionaire's Club :o/
Mubarak and the Billionaires Club | Gallery | BLTWY
Old 05-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

from his FB page :

I am planning a trip to Japan this weekend, as I have a runner in the Derby. It gives me a wonderful opportunity to spend time with the Japanese people who have been brave in the face of the challenges that have presented themselves over the last few months

I wish to see pics and to see princess haya also ..
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
from his FB page :

I am planning a trip to Japan this weekend, as I have a runner in the Derby. It gives me a wonderful opportunity to spend time with the Japanese people who have been brave in the face of the challenges that have presented themselves over the last few months

I wish to see pics and to see princess haya also ..
Hope so too but it's said Princess Haya is attending an event in Ireland on May 29. I wonder if the Sheikh i just going for the derby or will attend a few official events.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sheikh Mohammed arrives yesterday in Tokyo, according to the report the visit is private.

Here is an article from todays event

Mohammed Bin Rashid visits tourist attractions in Tokyo
WAM article

and godolphin horses did not do good in Japan but Princess Haya's horse won 2nd place in one of the races.
Article 1 ** Article 2
Old 05-30-2011, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sheikh Mohammed at the Japan Derby
Picture & article
Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sheikh Mohammed and John Ferguson at Saratoga Fasig Tipton Sale, Saratoga Springs, NY 8.8.2011

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 08-11-2011, 10:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Sheikh Mohammed and John Ferguson at Saratoga Fasig Tipton Sale, Saratoga Springs, NY 8.8.2011

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Imag
Doesn´t Fidel Castro wear a very similiar cap?
Google Images

Even if it is not exactly the same style I think it looks not very flattering
Sorry, but if we judge women on their outfits,makeUp and style it is only fair to say that he should wear a different headgear
Old 01-04-2012, 04:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sheikh Mohammed takes politics to the people - The National
Old 06-01-2012, 01:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

sheikh mohammed attending a race in London yesterday without princess haya :
Sheikh Mohammed attends race in London - Emirates 24/7
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 06-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
sheikh mohammed attending a race in London yesterday without princess haya :
Sheikh Mohammed attends race in London - Emirates 24/7
Princess Haya might make an appearance today at the Epsom races as she does yearly. I guess she is quite busy with the FEI finals competitions taking place.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Citizen is our top priority: Mohammed
Article, pictures & videos
Old 02-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Serene Highness

Shaikh Mohammad at the Government Summit

Vice-President, Prime Minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai talks about the successes of the UAE (video with english subtitles): Shaikh Mohammad at the Government Summit | GulfNews.com

Quote:
Citizen is our top priority: Mohammed
Article, pictures & videos
May Allah blessed Sheikh Mohammed with strength, good health and a long, active life to fulfill all his good deeds.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imanmajed View Post
Shaikh Mohammad at the Government Summit

Vice-President, Prime Minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai talks about the successes of the UAE (video with english subtitles): Shaikh Mohammad at the Government Summit | GulfNews.com

May Allah blessed Sheikh Mohammed with strength, good health and a long, active life to fulfill all his good deeds.
Yes,hopefully he will have a long life because he has good leadership qualities and great plans for his country
“My brother, the President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, has said the citizen is the first priority. The citizen is the second priority. The citizen is the third priority.”

I hope this will also include people who work in Dubai/UAE,because they are the backbone of the economy and without these hard-working Thai,Bangladeshi & Indian workers the city would not be were it is today,not to mention that no restaurant or hotel could survive a single day without their help.When I was in Dubai I was quite astonished how some Emiratis are treating their servants or other blue-collar workers who were doing all the labour that is considered too dirty/boring/exhausting for nationals like cleaning,carrying suitcases or working as a supermarket cashier.Of course not everyone is treating them bad and the Dubai Royal family is a good example in the way that they treat their workers well.As a person of white colour/European/US-citizen you are treated nicely,but if I were a dark-coloured person from a "not-to have"-country I wouldn´t like to live in Dubai Sheikh Mohammed´s "Thank you campaign" was a great idea to change people´s perception about blue-collar workers,but to make a real change they need to get better laws that protect their dignity and save them from exploitation.Of course they earn better money than in their home countries,but it doesn´t mean they have to give up their human rights...
. Helen Keller
Old 02-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauerengel View Post
I hope this will also include people who work in Dubai/UAE,because they are the backbone of the economy and without these hard-working Thai,Bangladeshi & Indian workers the city would not be were it is today,not to mention that no restaurant or hotel could survive a single day without their help.When I was in Dubai I was quite astonished how some Emiratis are treating their servants or other blue-collar workers who were doing all the labour that is considered too dirty/boring/exhausting for nationals like cleaning,carrying suitcases or working as a supermarket cashier.Of course not everyone is treating them bad and the Dubai Royal family is a good example in the way that they treat their workers well.As a person of white colour/European/US-citizen you are treated nicely,but if I were a dark-coloured person from a "not-to have"-country I wouldn´t like to live in Dubai Sheikh Mohammed´s "Thank you campaign" was a great idea to change people´s perception about blue-collar workers,but to make a real change they need to get better laws that protect their dignity and save them from exploitation.Of course they earn better money than in their home countries,but it doesn´t mean they have to give up their human rights...
I am convinced that we will keep this in mind. Thanks for your open minded comment.

Currently under 10 percent of the residents of the UAE are Emirati nationals. This percentage ratio leads to tensions in society and creates difficult conditions for genuine equality of all (if at all feasible). Currently there is an imbalance - that can be seen critically in some points - but can not be changed now, because it will destroy the society from its footing. This may be neither our desire nor our goal, because it would destroy everything that our forefathers and the foreign workers have built. So we need a third way and I´m sure, all of our leaders are hard working to find it. We are governed by the best of our country. I rely on the vision of our wise leaders.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

A little girl posed a question through a video broadcast during the opening session of the Government Summit, which was held last week in Dubai. Sheikh Mohammed expressed his pleasure at the request of the young girl and visited her today in school as a surprise.

Mohammad makes schoolgirl's wish come true | GulfNews.com

Closed Thread

Tags
current events, dubai, dubai ruler, mohammed, moscow, russia, sheikh mohammed, sheikh mohammed bin rashid, sheikh mohammed current events, visit