The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Some more pictures of Sheikh Mohammed in Oman
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xfcgv.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	113108   Click image for larger version

Name:	dfghj.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	113109   Click image for larger version

Name:	fguhji.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	113110  

Old 03-21-2005, 04:00 AM
Courtier

Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and his accompanying delegation visited the Sultan Qaboos Academy for Police Sciences in Nizwa yesterday.

After watching police officers perform drills, Sheikh Mohammed visited the academy's research centre.

The UAE officials also visited the Jissa resort, a tourism and investment project that includes three luxury hotels.

The Dubai Crown Prince ended his tour aboard the Al Maymoon yacht, where he was briefed on several offshore projects.

After leaving Oman, Sheikh Mohammed sent Sultan Qaboos a cable to thank him for his hospitality.

Gulf News

Old 03-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, desertrosemrk, for all the photos and news that you've been providing us with. It is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Courtier

Pictures of Sheikh Mohammed while President Khalifa visits Sheikh MaktoumMarch 21, 2005
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dfsdffds.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	113398   Click image for larger version

Name:	fdfdf.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	113399   Click image for larger version

Name:	dfghklkk.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	113400   Click image for larger version

Name:	vcxvcvx.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	113401  

Old 03-22-2005, 11:30 AM
Courtier

Mohammed bin Rashid attends reception

Mar 22, 2005 - 04:56 -

Mohammed bin Rashid attends reception Dubai, 22 March 2005(WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence attended here last night a reception hosted by Abdullah Rashid Juma bin Eid on the occasion of the wedding of his son , Mohammed to the daughter of Major General Mussbah Rashid Al Fatan, Director of the Office of the Dubai Crown Prince. The reception was also attended by Saeed Mohammed Al Kindi, Federal National Council Speaker , Dr. Ali Abdullah Al Kaabi, Minister of Labour and Social Affairs, Dr. Mohammed Khalfan bin Kharbash, Minister of State for Finance and Industrial Affairs in addition to other senior officials.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	esdfcv.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	113806   Click image for larger version

Name:	vvbvfr.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	113807   Click image for larger version

Name:	sddct.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	113808  
Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Mohammed bin Rashid receives French Minister

Mar 22, 2005 - 04:55 -

Mohammed bin Rashid receives French Minister Abu Dhabi, 22 March(WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence received here today Gilles de Robien, French Minister for Public Works, Transport, Housing, Tourism and Marine Affairs.

During the meeting , the French official conveyed to Sheikh Mohammed the greetings of President Jacques Chirac of France and his appreciation for the great achievements that the UAE had made over the last three decades.

He also expressed his country's willingness to broaden the scope of cooperation with the UAE .

Separately, Sheikh Mohammed received members of the board of directors of the world Gold Council who held their 16th meeting in Dubai.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dfvgbhnjk.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	113815   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdfvghbj.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	113816   Click image for larger version

Name:	sxdc vn.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	113817  
Old 03-23-2005, 08:12 PM
Courtier

A new poem by shaikh Mohammed :)

To the Equestrienne

Dear, when one inquires the night about me,
He’ll find out that my care comes from the night.

And that I love horses, my sweet concern,
The one who loves horses, I also love;

A knight, whose love of races worries me,
For whom I called out, wail, o wail-a-way!

Equestrienne, who’s not given to wishes,
For you I wish that luck be on your side.

So used to win, my trust has never failed,
Each time she comes out a hero acclaimed.

You wearied racing-steeds, I bear witness,
As every day you reach the target first.

World championship, listen to what I say
Is in your reach; you can and should achieve.

To championship accustomed, on them wage
A raid, like boisterous and torrential rain.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Gentry

Poem from shekih Mohammed to his wife sheikha Hind

This Poem was presented to sheikha Hind From Her husband sheikh Mohammed on their 21 st anniversary in year 2000
it has her name in it at the end... enjoy...
To..?
You are like you are though much happened
Dearest one, nobody attains your dearness to me

Your dearness I do not hide but declare it openly
Oh my foremost dream, ahead of me and after me

The letters of your name in my heart hold a secret
Your name for the description of beauty stands in

Oh perfume of 'ud, when arranged, scattered
And the first the third as the 'ud is Hindi*

For you beyond the limit of your lifetime a lifetime, and for me a lifetime
With you, and all that is left of life is immortality

Oh pure as the full moon! Oh aunt of the full moon!
Oh light! Oh scattered Arabian jasmine and roses!

When you depart one hour I feel it an era
I keep a vigil at the door awaiting your return

The course of nights, and nights have a course,
Did not change me and you are my days of bliss

Oh lady of the fair, the rosy and the tan
Oh fondness, I cannot measure the ebb and flow

I have seen all nights as the Night of Destiny
And my existence thence since first I saw you, oh my love, passion

*The line is a pun on the Arabic word for perfume, “dhn”: shifting the first letter to the third position gives “hnd”. India is the source of the finest (and now rarest) 'ud.
Old 03-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Dubai Crown Prince receives Intel CEO

Mar 27, 2005 - 08:46 -

Dubai Crown Prince receives Intel CEO Dubai, 27 March, 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister received here today Dr. Craig Barrett, Chief Executive Officer of the Intel Corporation.

Sheikh Mohammed discussed with Dr. Barrett the rapid transformation in the information technology currently witnessed in the UAE.

Dr. Barrett praised Sheikh Mohammed's vision for Dubai and his initiatives in the IT fields which helped UAE to become the favourite destination for investors.

"Dubai has become the destination of choice for computer and information technology firms, thanks to the excellent facilities provided by the Internet City which is considered an incubator for technology businesses," he added.

The meeting, which was attended by Mohammed Al Gergawi, Chief Executive Officer of Dubai Holding and Ahmed Binbyat, Director General of the Dubai Technology and Media Free Zone, also explored avenues of spreading IT knowledge in the region through the Dubai Internet City.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BlobServer.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	116229  
Old 03-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Courtier

An old picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vbn.jpg
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	116364  
Old 03-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Mohammed bin Rashid visits Equestrian exhibition

Mar 28, 2005 - 07:25 -

Mohammed bin Rashid visits Equestrian exhibition Dubai, 28 March 2005(WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown and Minister of Defence visited here today Dubai International Equestrian Paraphernalia Exhibition which is currently under way. Sheikh Mohammed toured different parts of the exhibition which has brought together 16 countries.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BlobServer0.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	116695   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlobServer1.jpg
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	116696   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlobServer2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	116697   Click image for larger version

Views:	53
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	116698  

Old 03-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Some more pictures of Mohammed bin Rashid visiting Equestrian exhibition
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cfgvhj.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	116838   Click image for larger version

Name:	dfcgvhb.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	116839  
Old 03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Sheikh Mohammed inaugurates Dubai Men's College

Mar 30, 2005 - 04:15 -

Sheikh Mohammed inaugurates Dubai Men's College DUBAI, 30 MAR. 05 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, today officially inaugurated the new buildings of the Dubai Men's College.

He and Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Education, toured the buildings and spoke with the students.

Sheikh Mohammed said he was pleased to see such modern installations and orientate himself with computer and technology-based teaching methods applied in the College.

"The Dubai Men's College is the right step in the right direction and a nucleus of a future university city in Dubai, which will include new colleges and universities," said the Dubai Crown Prince.

On his part, Sheikh Nahyan dedicated the achievement to the soul of late president Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, founder of the UAE. He also thanked President H.H. Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan for his "infinite support" for education and H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, for his generous bracing of the education sector in general and the Dubai Colleges of Technology in particular.

Built on a total area of 43,000 sq. meters, the new installations of Dubai Men's College cost around Dh 200 million, according to Passim Sultan, director general of Dubai Municipality, which executed the project on the directions of Sheikh Maktoum and Mohammed bin Rashid.

the pics..... from wam
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BlobServer0.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	117747   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlobServer1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	117748   Click image for larger version

Views:	66
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	117749   Click image for larger version

Name:	BlobServerv.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	117750  

Old 03-30-2005, 04:58 PM
Courtier

More pictures from WAM

Some more photos
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mo.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	117879   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo5.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	117880   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo6.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	117881   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo7.jpg
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	117882  

Name:	Satellite1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	117944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Satellite.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	117945  
Old 03-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Courtier

A momentous boost for education By Bassam Za'za', Staff ReporterDubai: In a step described as a "momentous occasion," the long-awaited new campus of Dubai Men's College was officially inaugurated at Academic City in Ruwayyah yesterday.

Addressing an audience of more than 500, the UAE Minister of Education and Chancellor of the Higher Colleges of Technology said: "To all of us who have witnessed the birth of the college in 1989 and followed its progress, this is indeed a momentous occasion. It is a celebration of our many accomplishments over the years and it renews our confidence in the future."

"On this day, we dedicate these new facilities to the enlightened and wise leadership of the UAE's founding father, the late Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan," said Shaikh Nahyan Bin Mubarak Al Nahyan.

The Dubai police band participated in the opening ceremony. Several students displayed electronic, mechanical, photographic and technical projects as well as business-related UAE heritage projects.

The ceremony was held under the patronage of General Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, who attended the occasion.

"It is a high personal honour to welcome General Shaikh Mohammad, who is without question, an embodiment of the hopes and aspirations of the UAE people. He is truly a quintes-sential leader.

"His vision, his energy, and his commitment to excellence have enabled Dubai to achieve great economic success becoming a premier city in the Gulf," Shaikh Nahyan said.

The Dubai Crown Prince's support of education, in particular, reflects his profound commitment to the development of human resources in the country, said the Education Minister.

Shaikh Mohammad, Shaikh Nahyan and other guests explored the campus's facilities and looked at many of the students' scientific projects.

Shaikh Mohammad said he was pleased to see such modern installations and orient himself with computer and technology-based teaching methods applied in the college.

"The Dubai Men's College is the right step in the right direction and a nucleus of a future University City in Dubai, which will include new colleges and universities," said the Dubai Crown Prince.

"I am very happy with what I have seen today, because this is applied science. Applied science assists students when they graduate, especially when they join the workplace," he said.

"It is an exciting time to be in Dubai and to be at the college. We look forward to providing quality education to the future leaders of the UAE," the director of Dubai Men's College, Dr Bill Vega, told Gulf News.

In a move set to raise the benchmark of educational services across the region, DMC and IBM meanwhile announced the completion of the highly sophisticated IT infrastructure at the new campus.

The project provides DMC students with access to advanced educational technologies and helps position the college as an e-learning pioneer in the Gulf.

The campus features some of the latest technologies that enable new methods of learning, including online video lectures and online library archives and video conferencing.
Old 04-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Mohammed bin Rashid helps ten men get out of jail

Apr 3, 2005 - 11:02 -

Mohammed bin Rashid helps ten men get out of jail Dubai, 3 April , 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince ,UAE Defence Minister and Chairmanof Police and Public Security today helped ten inmates, nine nationals and one Indian, to breeze the air of freedom again after having settled their diya or blood money.

The initiative was made in response to pleadings made by the prisoners who were entangled by diya cases , and which the Dubai T.V. brodcasted.

It was also necessitated by Sheikh Mohammed's concern that such elements return to the society as productive and effective members of the UAE community.

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Al Ahli players

Apr 4, 2005

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Al Ahli players Dubai, 4 April, 05 (WAM) - General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince, UAE Defence Minister and honorary chairman of Al Ahli Club, received here this evening members of the club's football team who were heading to Kuwait for a an away match against Kuwait club in the Asian Cup Champions league.

Sheikh Mohammed urged the players to put up best performance and to reflect the image of their country.

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Chairman of British Bank

Apr 5, 2005

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Chairman of British Bank Dubai , 5 April, 2005 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister has received here today Sir John Bond, Chairman of the British Holding Group, HSBC, who is on a visit to the UAE to see the progress of the Group's progress and to meet with UAE officials in the economic and banking sectors.

Sir Bond expressed his surprise and admiration as to the tremendous development in ddifferent areas making Dubai one of the fastest economically growing cities in the entire world accompanied by technological advancement.

He lauded the facilities provided for HSCB by the UAE , affirming that the booming national economy was one of the basic entities of global economy and a powerful element of attracting external investments ,especially in the banking and financial sectors.

Sheikh Mohammed also received Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak, Minister of Public Works who briefed him of the activities and projects and programmes of his Ministry.

Both meetings were attended by Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum,Chairman of Dubai Civil Aviation, Major General Musabah Rashid Al Fattan , Director Dubai Crown Prince's Office, Sultan bin Saleem, Executive Director of Dubai Seaports and Customs Authority, Mohammed Abdullah Al Gargawi , Chairman of Dubai Holding Company and a number of officials.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Gentry

Sheikh Mohammed and his son Sheikh Rashid

Sheikh Mohammed and sheikh RashId Yesterday
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Mo& R1.bmp (175.8 KB, 155 views)
File Type: bmp Mo& R2.bmp (157.4 KB, 65 views)
Old 04-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Sheikh Mohammed
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mo.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	121123   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo1.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	121124   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	121125   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo3.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	121126  

Name:	mo4.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	121127   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo5.jpg
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	121128   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo6.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	121129   Click image for larger version

Name:	mo7.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	121130  

Old 04-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Courtier

On Monday evening, General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince, UAE Defence Minister and honorary chairman of Al Ahli Club, received members of the club’s football team.

Al Ahli is playing Kuwait in the Asian Champions League.

Sheikh Mohammed asked the players to do their best when representing their country.

WAM
Old 04-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Turkish Foreign Minister

Apr 6, 2005 - 09:19 -

Mohammed bin Rashid receives Turkish Foreign Minister Dubai, 6 April 2005 (WAM)--General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister has received here today Abdullah Gul, the Turkish Minister of Foreign Affaires who conveyed to him greetings from Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan. Sheikh Mohammed and Gul discussed bilateral relations between the UAE and Turkey and the status quo in the region.

Gul lauded the wise policy pursued by the UAE leadership at both the regional and global levels, which he described as very respected by Turkey. He also referred to the advanced developmental projects which were being implemented by Dubai emirate.

He said that Turkey was concerned with enhancing bilateral ties between both countries, especially in areas of economics, technology and exchange of technical and administrative experiences .

Sheikh Mohammed affirmed UAE readiness to extend expertise and training assistance to friendly and sisterly nations which could benefit from the rich experience gained by the UAE in building its national economy and integrated financial and investments markets, that have proved their ability to satisfy the needs and aspirations of global firms operating in technology, tourism, information and banking sectors.

The meeting was attended by Sultan bin Salim, Chief Executive of Dubai Seaports and Customs Mohammed Al Garagawi, Chairman of Dubai Holding Company and Selim Karaosmanoglu, ambassador of Turkey to the UAE.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	mo3.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	121751