The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 04:25 AM
Courtier

Sheikh Mohammad & Princess Haya current events 1: June 2004-December 2005

now I see P.Haya and sheik mo now in future tv live , p. haya looks very lovely and I see sheik mo whisper in her ear .

Old 06-24-2004, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I dont like Haya's hair in the latest pics. She's essentially had the same hairstyle for a long while. I think she needs a more feminine/trendier haircut, especially now that she's in her 30s. And perhaps a different hair colour. The whole blonde thing is a little worn out.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:33 PM
Humble

Is this Mo able to speak english now that he is with Mahatir, Malaysian ex-prime Minister?
Old 06-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

hello,

i liked what she was wearing :flower:
Old 06-24-2004, 05:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Is this Mo able to speak english now that he is with Mahatir, Malaysian ex-prime Minister?
mo was shipped off to language school when he was 19 or something like that. he has a great command for the language.

opps...sorry....English language school. I think the name of it is Bell something or other.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:08 AM
Courtier

Ok, I have to agree, I don't know what is going on with her hair. I wish she would leave it alone, and stay a brunette. It does look like she could use some deep conditioning. As far as the outfit, well that green isn't her color. I agree she looks better in blue. Also, why did the camera man take a picture of Queen Elizabeth bending over? That's just wrong!
Old 09-05-2004, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

Haya wins.......

http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentS...=1094309151813

i'm guessing she won the race or at least placed....
Old 09-05-2004, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Is that Mo's favorite hat?
Old 09-05-2004, 03:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Is that Mo's favorite hat?
What colours are denoted on her helmet, the Jordanian or Emirati?
Old 09-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
What colours are detoned on her helmet, the Jordanian or Emirati?
the jordanian
Old 09-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Nobility

Oh haya has the UAE flag on her shirt...She used to ride representing her country (Jordan) and yes that is the uae flag on her helmet..Very similar colors as their flag
Old 09-05-2004, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

in wam it stated that haya was riding for the uae team.

from the uae equistrian federation website....

Licensed UAE National Endurance Riders seeking nomination should contact the Endurance Department as early as possible. UAE Resident Foreign Riders should be nominated by their National Federations.

Usually the term 'UAE National....' denotes a natural born Emirati. So are we to assume that Haya is now considered a 'UAE National' since she wasn't riding for Jordan. Or is she a 'resident foreign rider' sponsored by the uae. I know this is really technical. But I think the current law states that a man and woman must be married 7 (I think) years until he can confer his citzenship on his wife. Also if Ms Haya is now a 'UAE National'-is she a Shka? or just Mrs. Haya. Because, I believe she would loose her Jordanian title if she took on Emirati citizenship.

Or is Mo playing fast and loose with the rules? The rules that he helped create and holds others accountable for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
Oh haya has the UAE flag on her shirt...She used to ride representing her country (Jordan) and yes that is the uae flag on her helmet..Very similar colors as their flag
Old 09-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Aristocracy

http://wam.org.ae/NASApp/cs/ContentS...=1094309148983

mo is on light horse in the front. haya is on dark horse in the front. notice the differences in helmets. tried to find a better helmet pic but couldn't. (have to go to dinner, soon)

haya won the race. :)
Old 09-06-2004, 03:47 AM
Courtier

Ipi, did you notice that she is wearing another helmet in this picture (or so it looks to me)? It's black on the sides. Also she's wearing a black sweater but when she receives that trophy she is in white. But congrats for winning! :)

Old 09-06-2004, 07:17 AM
Aristocracy

helmet same in both pics. and the shirt...probably one was a rain slicker or something like that. but the helmet looks to me to have the jordanian flag. it has the pointy red thing with the white star. whereas the emirati flag is 4 rectangles. 3 horizontal. 1 vertical.

Quote:
Ipi, did you notice that she is wearing another helmet in this picture (or so it looks to me)? It's black on the sides. Also she's wearing a black sweater but when she receives that trophy she is in white. But congrats for winning! :)

Old 09-07-2004, 05:23 PM
Courtier

I didn't like her choice of colour though. She also looked very tanned, à la the Swedish princess Madeleine, or maybe it's the hair colour that made her look so. And yes, she looked radiant! :)
Old 09-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Aristocracy

never thought the color of mud was attractive. so i agree with you there. but she definately looked a whole heck of alot better than when she is around mo. but she needs to get her hair fixed-color and cut. those raggedy ends are not becoming. the girls at wafi do a fantastic job, she should go when she gets back to dxb. they can fix anything.

Quote:
I didn't like her choice of colour though. She also looked very tanned, à la the Swedish princess Madeleine, or maybe it's the hair colour that made her look so. And yes, she looked radiant! :)
Old 09-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Commoner

Picture of Princess Haya, Sheikh Mohammed and his agent John Ferguson at the Keeneland horse sale. Photo taken 9/13/2004.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Keeneland-9-13-04.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	41264  
Old 09-17-2004, 06:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipi Tombe

mo is on light horse in the front. haya is on dark horse in the front. notice the differences in helmets. tried to find a better helmet pic but couldn't. (have to go to dinner, soon)

haya won the race. :)
She's representing jordan while he's representing the emirates -thus the different flags on the helmet.