The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 05:25 AM
Commoner

we thank god for the trust that mohammed bin rashid gave to hamdan
for giving him the job of the next crown prince ot dubai

and maktoum bin moahmmed bin mohammd & hamdan bin rashid the dupty ruler of dubia bot of them

congrt hamdan he is the crown price of dubai

Old 02-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Aristocracy

WHAT?! Hamdan will be crown prince? didn't know... mabrouk! he's the best!

Old 02-01-2008, 06:40 AM
Gentry

Hamdan is the crownprince of Dubai..
Mabrook to all the dubaians:)
Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 AM
Gentry

Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid appointed Dubai's Crown Prince

Feb 1, 2008 - 01:44 -

Dubai, Feb. 1st, 2008 (WAM) - Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has issued a decree in his capacity as Ruler of Dubai, appointing Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum as Crown Prince of Dubai.

The decree shall go into effect as of today, Friday February 1st, 2008. It shall be published in the official gazette.

Sheikh Mohammed also issued a decree, naming Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum as Deputy Rulers of Dubai, as of today.

WAM/MAB
Old 02-01-2008, 06:47 AM
Gentry

Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum

Feb 1, 2008 - 02:23 -

Dubai, Feb. 1st, 2008 (WAM) - His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid AI Maktoum is the Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council which is entrusted with the task of overseeing Dubai Government entities.

Under his leadership, the council has achieved a number of significant milestones including the announcement of the Dubai Government Strategy in February 2007, which lays the roadmap for the Emirate's development.

His Highness Sheikh Hamdan is mandated to ensure proper implementation of government projects within the agreed deadlines. In addition to overseeing different movement committees and following up on the daily functions. His responsibilities also include giving direction to the government's drive to enhance performance.

Born on 14 November, 1982, His Highness Sheikh Hamdan studied at the Rashid Private School, Dubai. After graduating, he went the UK's Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, one of the finest military schools in the world. He has attended specialized courses at the London School of Economics and the Dubai School of Government.

His Highness Sheikh Hamdan displays statesmanlike characteristics and unique leadership qualities, which he has acquired from his father His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid AI Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

H.H, Sheikh Hamdan Is also the President of Dubai Sports Council, Dubai Autism Center and the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for Young Business Leaders.

An accomplished horse rider, H.H. Sheikh Hamdan has won several awards at local and international endurance races, including the Gold Medal at the Asian Olympic Games. He has a passion for poetry.

WAM/MAB
Old 02-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Commoner

CONGRATULATIONS
Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for him :)
Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Commoner

CONGRATULATIONS to HIM
Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy for him :)
Old 02-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Commoner

Wow, great news!! I'm so happy for me him. A TRILLION CONGRADULATION TO HIM. Perfect person for this position.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Aristocracy

wow! i guess we could all see this coming. lets hope he does a good job. congrats to both maktoum and hamdan!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Aristocracy

does anyone know if there is any sort of official "coronation" for being named crown prince or does shk mo just issue a decree and he is crown prince?

i know coronation is the wrong word but it was the only word i could think of to describe what i meant.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Gentry

Hamdan is the perfect person for this position..as rashid has no intrest..
Mabrook to DXB..
Old 02-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Commoner

rashid dose not hav intrest in being anything

that my point of view
Old 02-01-2008, 10:49 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai-girl View Post
rashid dose not hav intrest in being anything
I would say he doesn't have any interest in being anything in Dubai. His interests seem to be more towards building Zabeel Racing International into one of the top thoroughbred stables in the world.

Congrats to Sheikh Hamdan and Sheikh Maktoum!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

WOW!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO HAMDAN!!!Hamdan is so cool!
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Commoner

oh!! I feel bad for sheikh Rashid, i hope it was his choice not to be the next ruler. Is he upset, is that the reason why we havent seen him out much lately. Those people who live in Dubai...do they know what is going on with Rashid.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that Rashid is upset.My favourite was Rashid because of his STRONG PERSONALITY,but he is just interested in sports.
For Hamdan he really did lots of things and being crown prince is his right.

You can see the news from these websites

Sheikh Hamdan named as Crown Prince of Dubai - Politics & Economics - ArabianBusiness.com

Dubai gets new crown prince-Gulf-World-The Times of India

Zee News - Dubai gets new crown prince

The Crown Prince
Old 02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Commoner

Is sheikh rashid not responsible/or is he not interested in anything that is important..rashid is my favorite too...i cant imagine he's okay with it. If i got passed over for anything by my younger sisters i would hit the roof.

It also doesnt look good that he got passed over..it reminds me of Prince Mohammed of saudi arabia who got passed by his father king abdul azziz for his bad temper..

But then i could be worng and he would be okay with it
Old 02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Aristocracy

i agreed with turkish delight. i dont feel sorry for rashid. i think if he wanted it, it was his to have. he simply has other interests.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne101 View Post
Is sheikh rashid not responsible/or is he not interested in anything that is important..rashid is my favorite too...i cant imagine he's okay with it. If i got passed over for anything by my younger sisters i would hit the roof.

It also doesnt look good that he got passed over..it reminds me of Prince Mohammed of saudi arabia who got passed by his father king abdul azziz for his bad temper..

But then i could be worng and he would be okay with it
Rashid is responsible of course.
He is okay with it,why not?Being bigger doesn't mean that he will be.

The important is making good things for the country and Hamdan did really important things.
But for Rashid,he was just interested in sports.
My favourite was Rashid because of his STRONG PERSONALITY ,that Hamdan hasn't.
If Rashid did like Hamdan,Rashid named not Hamdan.

I can say that I am happy with Hamdan's named but,Rashid has really different personality and can do lots of things better,but unfortunately he didn't do.

and..I 'm sure that Hamdan will do very good things,but not strong personality like Rashid.

Lots of people in Dubai want to be Hamdan.(I think)

But we have to say that CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! in Arabic Mabrook Hamdan!
Old 02-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Commoner

am happy for hamdan ofcorse...there is no surprise that he was named...it was just a matter of time.

I think its because rashid is my favourite that i feel bad for him....i hope it wasnt due to some shortcoming that he was passed over.

When i fantasize about a guy(like i do with rashid)i like to make sure he has good character. (just joking, please disregard the last sentence)