The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

of course
Hamdan is a good choice as CP, Mohammed couldn't find better, really...
great guy that Hamdan

Old 02-08-2008, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Dubai CP receives IOC's President

Sheikh Hamdan gave an overview of the ongoing projects to build modern sports facilities in Dubai, including the ... - Article
Picture

Old 02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

he's doing so much things for Dubai! he's great!:)
Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Nobility

Wow...Congratulations to His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed!!..He deserves to be the crown prince of Dubai!!...I wonder who would be his crown princess or crown princesses-- very lucky ladies...lol...

Old 02-10-2008, 09:47 AM

God Bless You ...........hamdan...rashid.....maktoum....and Other Shaikhs........ U A E Is Our Mother
Old 02-10-2008, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne101 View Post
Is sheikh rashid not responsible/or is he not interested in anything that is important..rashid is my favorite too...i cant imagine he's okay with it. If i got passed over for anything by my younger sisters i would hit the roof.

It also doesnt look good that he got passed over..it reminds me of Prince Mohammed of saudi arabia who got passed by his father king abdul azziz for his bad temper..

But then i could be worng and he would be okay with it
We dont surely know if he felt bad or disappointed about it but before Sheikh Hamdan was bestowed as Crown Prince, he lead a lot of prestigious government organization than Sheikh Rashid..Sheikh Rashid knew this that his brother Hamdan seemed to take more government roles than him and Hamdan got more publicity so I think Sheikh Rashid wasnt surprise at all when Hamdan was appointed as crown prince....Well, we dont surely know whats happening behind close doors but from my opinion, I think it was Sheikh Mo's will to give Sheikh Hamdan more roles than his eldest son Rashid..I think that the Emir sees some great leadership potential in Hamdan while Rashid enjoys a more private life than being very politically involved..Physically, Sheikh Rashid looks more serious than Hamdan...Hamdan has a softer aura of face,much younger and looks more laid back than Rashid but in reality, Hamdan is the more leader type and much eager one to sacrifice his time and strength to be a crown prince and oversee the very busy and glamorous world of Dubai...

Old 02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

tomorrow in dubai there will be a big poetry event held by sheikh hamdan for sheikh nasser.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

i guess i am the only one on this forum that just does not get it. yes, hamdan has followed his father to many events; but if you look, he is always on his cell phone or i-pod. his educational background is ~ a high school education at best. i believe there is someone in dubai that is more qualified than someone who blabbers on with poetry. just because someone is a "great" poet does not qualify one to be a leader. just a personal opinion.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana8585 View Post
tomorrow in dubai there will be a big poetry event held by sheikh hamdan for sheikh nasser.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed, Crown prince's brother will also participate
Old 02-12-2008, 09:28 PM

congrats to sheikh hamdan..may the Lord continue to bless and keep you ..always pray to the God of abraham..and pray for wisdom and guidance..and please do more for the needy..
Old 02-13-2008, 02:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum (C) hands Egyptian football player Mohammed Abu Terkia a gift as Egypt's national football team was honoured in a ceremony at the Ahli club in Dubai on February 12, 2008 following their victory over Cameroon at the African Nations Cup final held in Ghana on the weekend. The event was sponsored by the Unitd Arab Emirates' Vice-President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed al-Maktoum (not in picture), who is also the ruler of Dubai. Egypt were adding the 2008 trophy to their wins in 1957, 1959, 1986, 1998 and 2006.
pic 1 -- pic 2

(anp pictures)
Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
The Crown Prince of Dubai Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum (C) hands Egyptian football player Mohammed Abu Terkia a gift as Egypt's national football team was honoured in a ceremony at the Ahli club in Dubai on February 12, 2008 following their victory over Cameroon at the African Nations Cup final held in Ghana on the weekend. The event was sponsored by the Unitd Arab Emirates' Vice-President and Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed al-Maktoum (not in picture), who is also the ruler of Dubai. Egypt were adding the 2008 trophy to their wins in 1957, 1959, 1986, 1998 and 2006.
pic 1 -- pic 2

(anp pictures)
One more pic from day
http://www.fzaa3team.com/Dawnld/uploads/8c8bdf4d5e.jpg
Old 02-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Commoner

Congradulation to sheikh hamdan he has won the Endurance race in Abu Dubai The UAE President cup.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadooya85 View Post
Congradulation to sheikh hamdan he has won the Endurance race in Abu Dubai The UAE President cup.
Article:
Gulfnews: Shaikh Hamdan wins President's Cup

Picture:
http://www.endurance.net/internation...winnerbest.jpg
Old 02-16-2008, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

congrats to hamdan. is it just me or does hamdans horse look really old? it must be good if it won... how did rashid and majid do?
Old 02-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Aristocracy

sorry i just read the article. it is an older horse! i like that.... the article doesnt mention majid or rashid but i think they were suppossed to participate also. i wonder who hamdan will give the car he won to? i dont think he needs it.

i am answering my own question. shk rashid was eliminated from race after gate one bc he fell off his horse. i hope he is okay.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana8585 View Post
i am answering my own question. shk rashid was eliminated from race after gate one bc he fell off his horse. i hope he is okay.
It seemed slightly unusual for him, but anyone can fall off a horse. I would've hated to be around him afterwards though. You know he wasn't happy. Sheikh Majid was doing well, but his horse didn't pass the vet inspection at Gate 3. The horse Sheikh Hamdan won on is the same one Sheikh Majid finished second on last year.

http://www.endurance.net/internation...s/IMG_1169.jpg
Old 02-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Gentry

the endurance was amazing..
hard luck rashid ans mabrook to hamdan...
rashid was like mohammed bin rashid..after he was out he kept on cheering his team and was also after hamdan in the car to guide him..and the other team members..
anyway the trophe did not go to another person..it went to his brother..:)
Old 02-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Gentry

Another article on the endurance race:
Gulfnews: Major win, says elated Hamdan

I think it's sweet he also dedicated the win to his niece.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Commoner

Crown Prince of Dubai sheikh Hamdan meeting with the Crown Prince of Luxembourg.
(IMG:http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...ellite1-44.jpg)