The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Heir Apparent

President Khalifa receives Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid, Maktoum bin Mohammed Bin Rashid

February 2, 2008 - 07:57
President Khalifa receives Hamdan Bin Mohammed bin Rashid, Maktoum bin Mohammed Bin Rashid (FINAL) - Middle East News

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...ellite1-23.jpg (photo)

Hamdan vows loyalty to leadership
Khaleej Times Online - Hamdan vows loyalty to leadership

Old 02-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for the picture!

remember whn you were finally old enough to sit at the "grownup table" at family events? i suppose that is a bit how hamdan and maktoum feel.

Old 02-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Commoner

[quote=kingcat;724799]Hello everybody,
I must admit that i'm totally shocked that Sheikh Rashid has been passed fot the position of the Crown prince. I believe that there must have been problems because it is not common that the eldest son doesn't get the position of his father (especially in the orient)
I think because Rashid has a strong character he is not fine with what has happened. He loves his brother. You can see that in many pictures. But lately there were not as many pictures with both.
i really hope that this has not a deep impact of their relationship.
By the way: Has rashid also an official position in the government of dubai?
couldn't hamdan and rashid have been named? Why Maktoum, he is 3 years younger than rashid?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Commoner

I was so glad to read "He vowed to be loyal and faithful to Allah" in the story from GulfNews about Sheikh Khalifa recieving Sheikh Hamdan as Crown Prince. So sweet! If his intentions are correct, I ask Allah s.w.t. to bless him and make him a successful ruler
Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 AM
Gentry

[QUOTE=kingcat;724808]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcat View Post
Hello everybody,
I must admit that i'm totally shocked that Sheikh Rashid has been passed fot the position of the Crown prince. I believe that there must have been problems because it is not common that the eldest son doesn't get the position of his father (especially in the orient)
I think because Rashid has a strong character he is not fine with what has happened. He loves his brother. You can see that in many pictures. But lately there were not as many pictures with both.
i really hope that this has not a deep impact of their relationship.
By the way: Has rashid also an official position in the government of dubai?
couldn't hamdan and rashid have been named? Why Maktoum, he is 3 years younger than rashid?
How many times does it have to be said? Rashid has no desire to hold these types of positions. His interests lie elsewhere.

With regard to your statement that it's almost always the eldest son who follows in the footsteps of his father, that is not a true statement anymore.

That isn't true in Abu Dhabi with Sheikh Mohammed being the CP versus a son of Sheikh Kalifa. In fact, Sheikh Zayed put this in place before his death by naming Sheikh Mohammed a Deputy CP while Sheikh Kalifa was still CP.

It isn't true in Dubai where Sheikh Mohammed is now the Ruler versus the eldest son of Sheikh Maktoum.

It isn't true in Sharjah where Sheikh Sultan has chosen the younger brother of his wife to be CP.

It isn't true in Ras al Khaimah either. Nor is it true in Qatar. And I don't believe it is true in Kuwait either.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Commoner

OMG

why r u changing the subject say mabroook not making a arggrument about wht shk rahsid didnt become the CP

shk rashid is okay with it and and if he had any interst he would hav shown more effort and maktoum has been active by himself he went and done things him self alone without his dad and he was with his dad alot but not as much as hamdan
Old 02-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

I could imagine that Rashid will become closely involved with the horseracing operations, eg Goldophin, since he has been around such events much more often than his brothers.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Aristocracy

nice pix! thanx Turkish Delight! you always give the best pix of Hamdan!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl_68 View Post
nice pix! thanx Turkish Delight! you always give the best pix of Hamdan!

You are welcome candygirl_68.You are very kind!

*…دا† ب† …*…د ˆ„Šا‹ „ع‡د دبŠ on Flickr - Photo Sharing! I don't know Arabic but I think , this pic is about Hamdan's crown prince isn't it?
Old 02-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Commoner

Wow! Nice pics.
What a pity, Sheikh Rashid is not to see in the pictures .
Old 02-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Gulf-news.com has an article as well as 7 pictures from todays event.

Quote:
Hamdan and Maktoum receive Crown Princes and Deputy Rulers

Dubai: Shaikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince, and Shaikh Maktoum Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler, yesterday received the Crown Princes and Deputy Rulers of the other emirates, who came to congratulate them on their new posts .. - Article&Pictures
Old 02-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Heir Apparent

This is the photo of Hamdan when he learned being Crown Prince.
February 1,2008
*مدان بن م*مد .. ولي عهد دبي ! on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Hamdan gets Assad's greetings
WAM

Dubai crown prince receives counterparts from other emirates

Feb 4, 2008

Photos:
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...ellite1-30.jpg
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...tellite3-9.jpg

You can read:
http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satell...T-LEN-FullNews
Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Commoner

Hey,
Does anyone one why sheikh rashid was not by his brother's side in such an important day in his life. I know it must be hard for rashid but at the end of the day he is his brother and that is far more important than any other position in the world. I don't know that's how I feel. We hope to see sheikh rashid soon because he just disappeared for a few months now.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Commoner

Excuse me, but this is a little bit hard said. Of course he did things to deserve it. Each of them did it his way. Maybe Rashid wasn't that intersted in being CP, but now it seems like he wanted it nevertheless (because he is not seen now at the official introduction of hamdan)
I personally think that this is going on quite a while ,their realtionship has changed, sadly :(
At least I hope they both work it out so that they can be again close like before.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Aristocracy

anytime a family has troubles it is sad. all those boys vying for their father's approval was bound to bring out problems. we are only aware of the boys bc of the publicity around them but can you imagine the drama the girls go thru. in my experience girls can be much more dramatic, jealous and competitive.(especially sisters) with all those girls, some from different mothers, i can only imagine! CATFIGHT!!!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 02:30 AM

I congratulate Sh. Hamdan and sh. maktoum their new possition . I think sh.Mohamed took right selection to the next genaration.............. supporting to maktoum family............................
Old 02-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Aristocracy

but i have a question: if Hamdan is CP now, does that mean sh. Mohammed is given up his position as ruler now? that worries me right now...
Old 02-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by candygirl_68 View Post
but i have a question: if Hamdan is CP now, does that mean sh. Mohammed is given up his position as ruler now? that worries me right now...
I don't think.Hamdan will do after he dies ,but of course Hamdan will have lots of responsibilities.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Aristocracy

i was so scared
i thought sh.Mohammed would give up, he just begun!
but anyways, congratulations to Hamdan (i know we say this all the time, but i'm sooooo happy for him!)