The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Layla@May 9th, 2004 - 7:11 pm
LOL! You never know, he might see the humour in it and reply. Anyway, you don't really need to ask that question because we already know.
...that he is gay...i know it's so obvious

Old 05-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

Do you think he would answer "How many illegitimate children do you have?"

Old 05-10-2004, 05:18 AM
Courtier

How old is Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed? In his late 30s?
Old 05-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Aristocracy

He was born in 1958. His father Sheikh Saeed bin (I don't know) died a few months before he was born.
Old 05-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

Sheikh Saeed bin Maktoum Al-Maktoum

SM site about Sheikh Saeed, his grand-father

According to the article, Sheikh Saeed had another son called Sheikh Khalifa. That would make a total of three sons: Rashid, Khalifa, and Ahmed.
Old 05-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Courtier

Ouch, he is 25 years older than me. :(
Old 05-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Nobility

La La, yes Shk Ahmed is 25yrs older than you & yet you still find him a hottie. And on this board everyone is dogging PHaya for marrying a man many years her senior. Can we all now agree that older men can be attractive?

FYI: My husband is 20yrs older than me.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Courtier

Age is just a number; You go girl :flower:

Is yours a love marriage? (Just curious)
Old 05-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

I don&#39;t have a problem with age at all either way: husband OR wife being older. I think most of the attack on Princess Haya was because she became a second wife.

Silver charm: And I quote La la (since I suck when doing a proper quote here): "you go girl".
Old 05-10-2004, 09:33 PM
Nobility

He&#39;s married to &#39;white&#39; woman.

And, yes, my marriage is a &#39;love&#39; marriage. However statistically speaking arranged marriages have a lower incidence of divorce. The couples who enter an arranged relationship know their will be compromises and difficulties.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy

He&#39;s 21 years older than I am and I still find him incredibly attractive. If he (or any man) were single and I loved him, age wouldn&#39;t matter to me.

Silver Charm, are you an Arab woman living in the Middle East? I&#39;m just curious why your marriage was arranged.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Courtier

Yes, he is&#33; There is something about his eversmiling face and youthful eyes. He also looks very well-built even if it is hard to tell through his dishdasha.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Nobility

Sorry if I confused y&#39;all. My marriage is not arranged. As a matter of fact as I was preparing to walk down the aisle my mom leaned to me and said &#39;You know, you don&#39;t have to marry him&#39;.

I did, anyways.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Aristocracy

La la: oh, he&#39;s very well built. I saw him once in London. He was wearing pants and a shirt. He&#39;s average height (I always thought he was taller) but all in all he is quite "dashing", as the Britons say. Oh yeah, his voice is also quite s-e-x-y.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

I have many Jewish friends who have arranged marriages, and they are all very happy. "Arranged" doesn&#39;t mean the prospective spouses can&#39;t say no; it&#39;s more that the families agree there would be a good match if the prospective spouses get along.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Silver Charm, I simply misunderstood your previous posts. :flower:

On another note, I wonder if he knows women find him so attractive.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:34 PM
Aristocracy

Sheikh Ahmed? Sure he does. You should see how they drool over him.

Close up of Shk. Ahmed
Old 05-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Aristocracy

Do you think the sheikhas disapprove of him marrying a European lady? My first thought was that if he hasn&#39;t taken a sheikha for a wife then he must really love his European wife. But if he is a womanizer, then he might as well have taken a sheikha for a wife too.
Old 05-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Aristocracy

I guess they would disprove. They even have problems with their sheikhs marrying non-sheikhas...so a European would most probably never be accepted.

How true is it that he has a European wife anyway? Could she just be a girl-friend as opposed to wife?
Old 05-11-2004, 08:42 PM
Nobility

Emiratis marrying non-Emiratis is GREATLY looked down upon. But the only person to tell any of the Maktoums what to do is Baba Zayed and it&#39;s my personal opinion he&#39;s given up on them (the Maktoums). It&#39;s well known in the Emirates that the rulers of Abu Dhabi don&#39;t think much of the Dubai aristocracy.