Ruling Family of Dubai current events 1: 2004 - September 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting article on Sheik Ahmed al Maktoum

July 6, 2007

A Flight Plan for the Long Haul

By LESLIE WAYNE
PARIS —The chairman of Emirates airline —Sheik Ahmed bin Saeed al-Maktoum of the ruling family of Dubai — has grand ambitions and a bankroll to match.
He has a huge pot of money to spend: $82 billion from his government, the airline and other financiers. He loves large planes, and he has ordered 55 superjumbo A380s, to create the biggest fleet of these double-decker planes in the world. And he wants to make Dubai, a sheikdom by the sea, the busiest airline hub in the world, overtaking London, New York and Singapore.
It would be easy to dismiss such spending as a rich man’s folly, but Sheik Ahmed, so far, has delivered on his word.
He built Emirates from a two-plane operation, starting with $10 million in 1985, into the world’s eighth-largest international carrier, with 105 planes, all wide-bodies. Emirates is the world’s fastest-growing airline — it will take delivery of one new Boeing or Airbus plane a month for the next five years — and is one of the few to be consistently profitable, with ambitions to become larger still.
“We’ve never seen anything like it before,” said Robert Cullemore, a consultant at Aviation Economics, an advisory firm in London. “We’ve never seen growth at this rate.”
Of course, success for Sheik Ahmed is not just a matter of buying airplanes. He must compete with well-established carriers plying many of the same routes as Emirates, attract enough passengers to fill his vast fleet profitably and hope that the economies of the Middle East, including Dubai, and the emerging markets in Asia and the Indian subcontinent continue to grow at their fast pace.
But at the recent Paris air show, Sheik Ahmed seemed unfazed by those concerns. He met with the Airbus chief executive, Louis Gallois, and added eight more A380s, with a list price of $2.6 billion, to his fleet. He held a news conference to publicize Dubai’s plan to spend $82 billion on aviation, including building a new $33 billion Dubai World Central International Airport that will have six runways and, at twice the size of Hong Kong island, will become the world’s largest airport complex.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/07/06/business/06emirates.600.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/06/business/06emirates.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

The hard copy had a really nice photo of him smiling.

His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum was born on December 20, 1958 in a traditional Arab fort in Shindagha, an area of Dubai located between Dubai's Creek and the sea
How comes that we know what day Ahmed was born but no information about Mo apart from the year - some say 1949, some say 1948. There must have been some kind of registration back in these days, especially with his grandfather being the ruler. Usually Mo gives plenty of information about himself but this crucial one is missing :uaeflag:

Two more photos of Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed at International Air Show , Paris 19/06/07 ( profimedia) :

photo 1
photo 2 :D

Is Sheikh Ahmed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum also single ? The nephew and uncle both are single.
I think Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum holds more position than Sheikh Ahmed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum also known locally and abroad than him.
But what I had felt is that when Sheikh Mohammed's son are present they can replace the seat of Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum by sitting closer to their dad while if Sheikh Ahmed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum is there they couldnt do that why ?
Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum is older than all of Sheikh Mohammed's son as well holds more position than them so dont he deserve more higher respects than his sons ?
What could be the real reason for them being single ? Are all the sheikhs living in Zabeel palace or only Sheikh Mohammed's son ?
Sheikh Ahmed is the President of Dubai Civil Aviation and Chairman of Emirates Group so for this is he paid a salary or he do enjoy the wealth of Dubai Government as family wealth ?

hi everyone i have a question does anyone know who is sheikha yasmine?

Who is this Dubai Prince?

Does anyone got a photo of him? I can't find any photo of him in the internet, and I am just curious to know. Thx!:wub:

How a Minsk waitress landed an Arab prince
Luke Harding in Moscow - [FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]September 3, 2007 - [/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Guardian Unlimited[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]It is, perhaps, an unlikely setting for romance. When Sheikh Sayyid bin Maktoum al-Maktoum arrived in Belarus last month for a clay pigeon shooting competition, his only thoughts were of how to win a medal.[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]But soon after checking into the presidential suite of the Hotel Minsk the sheikh's gaze fell on an attractive 19-year-old waitress. Her name was Natasha. He liked what he saw.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]So much so that instead of leaving for his next tournament in Russia the sheikh prolonged his stay in Minsk, wooing Natasha and, last week, marrying her in a low-key Muslim ceremony.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Yesterday, hotel staff confirmed that the sheikh, a prince of Dubai's ruling royal family, had taken Natasha Muslimorova as his wife. She had only begun work in the hotel's restaurant two months ago, they said.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]They expressed bafflement over the courtship, pointing out that it would have been difficult for the sheikh to have met Natasha since he ate all his meals in his room.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]"The story is true," Pavel Novakovsky, the hotel's marketing manager, told the Guardian. "The sheikh was initially booked in for one week. He arrived from Italy by car. He's been staying in the presidential suite.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]"I'm still not sure how the sheikh and Natasha managed to meet. The sheikh spends most of the time in his room. He prays five times a day. He has four cooks who prepare his food. They make it in the restaurant but then bring it upstairs.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]"The only person who would normally enter his room is the maid."[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The story has captivated the sensation-starved tabloids of Belarus. Natasha is a Muslim from Azerbaijan. She told the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper that she had married her new husband for love.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The sheikh, 30, already has one wife and five children, the paper reported. Natasha is his second. "I can't say anything without my husband's permission. Sayyid doesn't want publicity. But for me life has become a fairytale," Natasha told the tabloid, adding: "I really love this man."[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The sheikh arrived in Minsk on August 7, twice extending his stay in the capital, and is due to leave tomorrow, Interfax has reported. He was in training and did not wish to comment, said a hotel spokesman, adding that the happy couple would be flying off to another shooting competition in Cyprus. Natasha, meanwhile, had taken up temporary residence in Minsk's five-star Europa hotel.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]The al-Maktoum dynasty has ruled Dubai since 1833. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Dubai's ruler and prime minister, is a major figure in the world of thoroughbred racing, and was last year linked to an unsuccessful £479m bid to buy Liverpool football club.[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]His family is known for its sporting prowess - and as well as getting a new bride, Sheikh Sayyid leaves Belarus with silver in the trap shooting.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheikh Hamdan inaugurates GITEX 2007 - Technology - ArabianBusiness.com

When I first saw this I thought it was the son Hamdan!

The 27th edition of GITEX, the region's biggest annual technology event, was inaugurated today by HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and UAE Minister of Finance and Industry.

The opening of the five-day event was marked by a ribbon cutting ceremony, which took place just after 11am at the entrance to Zabeel Hall in the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre.

Sheikh Hamdan cut the light blue ribbon to a round of applause before going on a tour of the exhibition.

Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum & Family

Major General Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (b. 1950 in Bur Dubai, Dubai) is the Deputy Chairman of Dubai Police & Public Security.
He is the fourth and youngest son of the late ruler, Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum (1912-1990). His elder brothers Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum are the Deputy Ruler and Ruler of Dubai respectively.

source:
Ahmed bin Rashid Al Maktoum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Can anyone please give me any info about Sheikh Ahmed and his family, all i know is that he has a son called Khalid who was born in 83.

a few pictures would be great :)

Are you sure he has a son? ive heard he wasnt married:ermm:
He tends to keep a low profile but is seen at some race in England sometimes

I'm sure he has a boy and girls ( not sure how many), I'm not sure though if Khalid is his oldest, he was studying in London.

All i know is that he's close with Hamdan bin Mohammed (or maybe was close)

do you know what nationality is his wife?

HH Sheikh Hasher Maktoum Juma Bin Al Maktoum

Dear RF Followers,

Would be very grateful if anyone could fill me in on the family tree of HH Sheikh Hasher Maktoum Juma Bin Al Maktoum, the Chairman of the Al Fajer Group of Companies.

Thank you and regards,
Stevelim

S.Hamdan bin Rashid is S.Mohammed's brother and he is the Finance and Industries Minister of the UAE.
Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You can find lots of things about him in here.

PHOTOS OF HIM
HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al-Maktoum
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sheikh Hamdan with his uncle Sheikh Hamdan
Sheikh Hamdan with his uncle Sheikh Hamdan on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences
Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for Medical Sciences on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Sheikha Maitha with uncle Sheikh Hamdan
Sheikha Maitha with uncle Sheikh Hamdan on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

ENJOY!!:flowers:

A March in memory of Mohammed bin Rashid took the reins of government in Dubai - picture

Sheikh Hamdan and holding one of his sisters hand, Sheikh Ahmed (with his sister), in the back, Sheikh Mayed & Sheikh Saeed.

A March in memory of Mohammed bin Rashid took the reins of government in Dubai - picture

Sheikh Hamdan and holding one of his sisters hand, Sheikh Ahmed (with his sister), in the back, Sheikh Mayed & Sheikh Saeed.

Why in memory? Sheikh Mo is not dead?
I still don't like those white sandals.

It means the anniversary of Sheikh Mohammed's succession following the death of his father.

It means the anniversary of Sheikh Mohammed's succession following the death of his father.

You mean his brother, Maktoum, who died in January 2006. His father, Rashid, died in 1990, Maktoum taking over.

Well Duke, you are realy good informed. Chapeau!!!

I wonder why Rashid wasnt at the march....I have not seen him since EID prayers. Have there been any more recent pictures of him that I havent seen?

Italian AC Milan's player Paolo Maldini (2-R) shakes hand and receive the trophy from UAE His Highness Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, President, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority (DCAA) after they won the match against UAE National team player at al-Nasr Stadium in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 08 January 2008 during the AC Milan Winter Tour in Dubai
pic 1 -- pic 2
(anp)

I have a question.Does Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum(brother of Sheikh Mohammed)have lots of wife like S.Mohammed or does he have an only one? what is her name?and I know he has 6 children 3 boys and 3 girls.What are the girls name?I know boys.

I have a question.Does Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum(brother of Sheikh Mohammed)have lots of wife like S.Mohammed or does he have an only one? what is her name?and I know he has 6 children 3 boys and 3 girls.What are the girls name?I know boys.

One official wife that the public knows of and who is his cousin or family related. Her name is Sheikha Roda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom