The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 06:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamila
Don't be childish tommy1... I'm saying that you are jumping into conculsions based on a single photo, very dubious photo on top of everything...
Thank You and Amen!

Old 04-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisha Jala View Post
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1...Skyler/leg.jpg
Here is some picture of the doubters. But this topic has been gnawed bones! I even think that Rashid's only victim. I look forward to he come back. I think he is much better than Hamdan.
For me, Hamdan has a better profile of a future ruler
Eventhough, Rashid has a much more strong personnality i guess, he would be a selfish & strict ruler...just saying
When Hamdan is rather more calm & warmful, maybe he's not like that, but atleast thats what we feel toward him.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Gentry

This is quite a heated discussion going on, and I personally have never understood the anger and strong opinionated comments tommy1, seems to have against Rashid, because it is a re-occuring theme pattern with him. I'm just curious is all...

I can only say that it has nothing to do with the employment dismissal case against the Al-Maktoum estate in the UK, and my personal opinion is that these rumors about Rashid do not ring true to me. In his last recent pictures he looks rather healthy and muscular and smiling with his siblings, and not thin, haggard, and anxious looking like a drug addict. That's just my opinion, and we have no proof that he is a drug addict, and just some off colour comment by a reporter in an article unrelated to Rashid himself is not enough for me to be convinced that he has a problem with drugs.

Personally I admire Rashid for the name he has made for himself in horse racing at such a young age.

Good for maddytravels for sticking up for herself and her comments...I also wish we could see more of Rashid in the public eye.

And I am also curious to know in what context tommy1 "knows" Rashid as he claims...I mean he always puts that out there on the forums, but never goes deeper into how he met/knows him. Yet he has very strong emotional responses to any posts regarding Rashid. Personally, I find that behavior very intriguing.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Aristocracy

Unless the complaints of all 3 people are settled out of court, then we may hear a great deal more. Let's see.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Courtier

Even if this employee is saying the truth or not, we have the right of doubting specially that its very easy to invent things about those people.
But none can deny that those sheikhs do bad things & dont respect their own rules, & some of them use their power to humilate people, but of course not all of them, i do believe that generalizations are all false including this one
Old 04-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

Totally agree with you! I think no one's a angel but just talking about the whole family or all sheikhs is not fair since so many of them seem to be pretty nice and down to earth and do a lot of charity etc.
I also think that we may never will know the truth about the employee-story (if they lied or if it's true) so it doesn't help anything if we judge about them now. :)
Old 04-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Posts containing defamatory statements have been edited or deleted.
Posts personally abusing other members have been deleted.
Posts referring to Forum posters in abusive and insulting terms have also been deleted.
Replies to deleted posts have been removed as they no longer have any context.

If anyone has objection to this, contact me by PM. Do not post objections in this thread.

Warren
UAE moderator
TRF Administrator
Old 05-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Sports Council Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Egypt's Minister of Culture Emad Abu Ghazi, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, his Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and the wife of Prince Ali of Jordan Princess Rym Lakhdar Brahimi attend the opening ceremony of Arab Media Forum 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 17 May 2011.

Belga picture gallery
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

the video : News
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 05-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Gentry

just watched the video...he is such a sweet and adorable sweety!!!
girls, have a look at the new video of Wednesday, 18: Mohammed meets with media personalities on www.sheikmohammed.com.ae
His smile is soooooo lovely!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Gentry

Does anyone know something about Hamdanīs uncle Saeed (his mothers brother) ? Because Hamdan seems to be very close to him and he is seen at so many events and trips with Mo and Hamdan... he seems to be at all the races and also at many other official and private events... does he have any official role in Dubai?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

he does not have an official role but he is hamdans uncil and close to him ,,, he is about 46 yrs old and i think he and hamdan are more like friends
Old 06-28-2011, 02:52 PM
Aristocracy

Is the Maktoum family in Britain right now? Because i heard that they usually spend there summers there. And is it every year?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude1237 View Post
Is the Maktoum family in Britain right now? Because i heard that they usually spend there summers there. And is it every year?
Well normally they are more than once in Britain (especially London) every year. Dunno if all of the maktoum family are there. But Maryam bint Mohammed is there and her Sis Sheikha and her Husband are there as well. Don't know about the rest but guess they are there too as it is too hot in Dubai right now and a lot of locals love to go to europe (london) during the summer months.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:38 AM
Courtier

Sheikh Mohammed and his sons in KSA for Umrah

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Old 09-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Heir Apparent

they yesterday put in telvision "LIVE" metro dubai open but i not fidn links i wil see again

oh here links ;

Dubai Ruler inaugurates metro Green Line

DUBAI // Two years to the day after becoming the Gulf region's first mass-transit rail system, the Dubai Metro has opened its second line.

The Green Line, which covers 22.5 kilometres and 20 stations, was inaugurated yesterday afternoon by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid, Vice President of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.

pictshares:

http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/gree...1435828917.jpg
http://gulfnews.com/pictures/news/in...ation-1.863990
http://gulfnews.com/pictures/news/in...inish-1.863961
http://gulfnews.com/polopoly_fs/gree...3999357355.jpg
Old 09-10-2011, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

and more from the above event
Daylife picture gallery
Old 09-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Royal Highness

Great pictures!It looks really cool,next time I visit DXB I will try out the metro :-)
I saved the pictures cause Iīm sure the Maktoum family will rather stick with big cars,especially Hamdan and Mohammed.If Hamdan uses public transport he will always be knocked out by a large group of girls who want his telephone number *lol*
Old 09-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
and more from the above event
Daylife picture gallery
what this golden nickelace sheikh mohammed always put ?????
Old 09-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Royal Highness

I looked at the pictures several times but I canīt see a golden necklace,can you provide a link to the special picture,Burzg? I havenīt seen the sheikhs with much accessories,they only wear watches on their wrists but maybe they also have charm necklaces that bring luck to them or something with the name of their wife engraved into it-I donīt know....However Iīve seen Sheikh Mohammed using a Tasbih, (or Masbaha/Subha?) - some kind of muslim prayer chain!

Closed Thread

Tags
dubai, education, prince, royal family