Ruling Family of Abu Dhabi: Al Nahyan dynasty: December 2004 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheikh Hazza just got his PhD from Bangor University...

WalesOnline - News - Wales News - Sheikh Hazza bin Sultan Al-Nahyan’s proud of earning his PhD in Bangor

“I have enjoyed the friendly and supportive atmosphere at Bangor,” he said.
And the sheikh, who plans to use his business doctorate to help with developing Abu Dhabi’s considerable oil-inspired economic growth, said although he enjoyed the support of his family it had been his decision to go to Bangor.
He said: “I inherited my royal title but I am glad to have gained my PhD independently.”
After gaining his MPhil at Cambridge University, Sheikh Hazza enrolled on a PhD programme at Bangor Business School undertaking research in “Natural Resources, Economic Development and Security in the United Arab Emirates”, supervised by Dr David Law and Professor Phil Molyneux, head of the business school.
Reflecting on Sheikh Hazza’s time at the university, Dr Law said yesterday: “Sheikh Hazza was a very good student, who was especially impressive in his articulate defence of his wide-ranging PhD thesis in the final viva voce examination.
“I am sure his work will enable him to make a substantial contribution to the future development of the UAE.”
Sheikh Hazza, who loves writing poetry, is a keen sportsman with active interests in falconry and horse-riding. In 2005 he won the world championship in endurance horse-riding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we will see him at a Man City match ;).

hi all,can some one help by giving any info on sheikh Mansour's first wife.I know Sheihka Manal is his 2nd wife and has 2 kids with him ,how about the first has she got any kids and whats her name please?

March 2009
Hazza bin Zayed receives Polish minister
Article

Mansour bin Zayed launches ADFCA's web portal
Article

April 2009
Hamdan receives new envoys
Article

Sultan bin Zayed attends the third International Endurance Festival
Article

Mansour meets Sudanese Minister
Article

Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed arrives in Washington
Article

Mohammed bin Khalifa receives US Ambassador
Article

Hamed Bin Zayed chairs Executive Committee Meeting
Article

Abdullah bin Zayed meets Japanese Premier
Article

Hamdan Bin Zayed receives Bill Gates
Article

Foreign Minister receives letters from Tunisian, Omani counterparts
Article

Success of Cityscape reflects UAE economic strength: Hamdan bin Zayed
Article

Hamdan chairs emergency meeting on swine flu
Article

Death of Sheikha Shamsa Bint Saqr Bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

Mother of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan
WAM Article

Hi, is Sheikh Mansour the youngest child of Sheikh Zayed?

Hi, is Sheikh Mansour the youngest child of Sheikh Zayed?

No. Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed is Sheikh Zayed's youngest son. He is a full brother of Sheikhs Saif Bin Zayed, Ahmed Bin Zayed & Omar Bin Zayed. He still spends a great deal of his time in London.

No. Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed is Sheikh Zayed's youngest son. He is a full brother of Sheikhs Saif Bin Zayed, Ahmed Bin Zayed & Omar Bin Zayed. He still spends a great deal of his time in London.

He spended alot of time in London because if his education.

i am slow on the uptake here. i just saw that sheikha shamsa bint sagr passed away. how was she related to the nahyans?

i am slow on the uptake here. i just saw that sheikha shamsa bint sagr passed away. how was she related to the nahyans?

Sheikh Saqer was Sheikh Zayeds brother

Last edited:
Sheikh Sultan

Hi there!

Can someone help me find and indeed get me in touch with an old friend. We were together at the Royal Military academy Sandhurst in 1990 and he went by the name Sultan and he is from Abu Dhabi. He is one of the royal family I think and we were close during training.

I have attached our pictures at Sandhurst. I do not know his full name since we referred to each other as Officer Cadets April and Sultan.

Duke-April.

President, VP, Rulers and Crown Princes attend Al Nahyan wedding - Article

HH Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed Al Nahyan to daughter of HE Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research.

Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed graduates from Sandhurst

courtesy of jlova in the Dubai subforum
Gulfnews: Hamdan at Sandhurst for Zayed's graduation - WAM ARTICLE
http://www.wam.org.ae/servlet/Satell...-TeaserSummary PICTURE

According to the reports the following attended:

Al Nahyans:
Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed, Deputy Prime Minister
Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed (the Sandhurst graduate)
Shaikh Hazza bin Hamdan bin Zayed
Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamdan bin Zayed
Sheikh Sultan bin Hamdan bin Zayed
Sheikh Khalid bin Mohammad bin Zayed
Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa
Sheikh Mohammed bin Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa
Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan bin Khalifa

Al Maktoums:
Crown Prince Hamdan
Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed
Sheikh Mansour bin Mohammed
Sheikh Saeed bin Mohammad

Last edited:
Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan bin Zayed graduates from Sandhurst
Also attending from the Al Nahyans are

Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan bin Khalifa
Sheikh Sultan & Sheikh Mohammed bin Hamdan bin Zayed
and a few of the boys uncle sons of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed.

Warren - Sheikh Suroor is Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa and not Zayed :)

Warren - Sheikh Suroor is Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa and not Zayed :)
Quite a large contingent of Al Nahyans attended!
Gulf News has him as Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Zayed. Is this an error or are there two Sheikh Suroors?

Gulf News has him as Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Zayed. Is this an error or are there two Sheikh Suroors?

WAM got it wrong and the other media just copied it...:D

Suroor is from the bani khalifa branch of the family but affiliated by marriage to Sh. Mo bin Zayed (CP) thru the wedding of their kids..You know, Khaled..the laughing Sheikh!

does anyone have any personal info on sheikh hazza bin zayed? i think he is married, and he has 5 children. you see him alot in the background. he appears to be close to MBZ. i was curious as to what his reputation is in abu dhabi.

:whistling:Hi, are there any recent news and pictures of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed?

Ruling Family of Abu Dhabi Family Tree

here is a nicely formatted family tree, though it still needs improvements.

Libro d'Oro di Melita

Both are incorrect. It is Sheikh Suroor Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan. He is the older brother of Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan both grandsons of a former Ruler of Abu Dhabi. They own all the land that is the district of Al Khalydia in Abu Dhabi and if I am not mistaken Abu Dhabi Mall, next to the Beach Rotana Hotel. Sheikh Suroor is a heavy weight in Property Development in Abu Dhabi.

Last edited:
Both are incorrect. It is Sheikh Suroor Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan. He is the older brother of Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan both grandsons of a former Ruler of Abu Dhabi. They own all the land that is the district of Al Khalydia in Abu Dhabi and if I am not mistaken Abu Dhabi Mall, next to the Beach Rotana Hotel. Sheikh Suroor is a heavy weight in Property Development in Abu Dhabi.

I am not aware of two Sheikh Suroors. I know that Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed Bin Khalifa is the owner of Abu Dhabi mall,beach hotel and a few other major development properties in the UAE. He is married to Sheikh Zayeds daughter. He is also brother to Sheikh Tahnoun Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan, the Ruler's Representative in the Eastern Region.
Sheikh Khalifa's mother is also Sheikh Suroor's eldest sister.

Do you mean Sheikh Khaled who is Sheikh Zayeds brother? becasue to my reading he never ruled, Shakhbout ruled.

Thanks Dazzling, I jumped the gun there & stand corrected, indeed meant Sheikh Khaled who was Zayed's brother but for some reason I was thinking he was his uncle who was assasinated by Sheikh Zayed's Father. Not sure if the Sheikh Suroor Warren & I may be thinking of are the same or not, there are literally hundreds of Al Nahyans & so often names are not given to 3 generations & this confounds identification. Perhaps someone else can help?

My guess is that the Sheikh Suroor, if there is more than one, would be the most "senior" or important. My logic is that it would be unusual (?) for a minor member of the family to attend a Sandhurst graduation ceremony for the son of the Deputy Prime Minister.
Whether it is Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa or Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khaled I've no idea.

My guess is that the Sheikh Suroor, if there is more than one, would be the most "senior" or important. My logic is that it would be unusual (?) for a minor member of the family to attend a Sandhurst graduation ceremony for the son of the Deputy Prime Minister.
Whether it is Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa or Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khaled I've no idea.

It was Sheikh Suroor bin Mohd bin Khalifa since his son Shk Mohammed was also attending. Sheikh Suroor use to be in the early days incharge of the presidential offices and was seen at almost every visit with Sheikh Zayed and at meetings. The Mohammed Bin Khalifa line is very well respected and stands high in line. In pictures you also see him sitting next to Sheikh Hamdan and then the rest of the Al Nahyan delegation.

Thanks tommy1 and dazzling. I've added Sh Mohammed bin Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa to the list of attendees at the Sandhurst graduation. :)

i know that sheikh hazza bin zayed participates (or did participate) in endurance, but does he participate in showjumping ( i know that is the wrong terminology. i am not a horse person). youtube has 4 videos that state sheikh hazza bin zayd. it is at a competition. you can only see the man from a distance. obviously, shot with a cell phone. if it is him, he is very good. to the untrained eye, he seems to be much better than haya.

i know that sheikh hazza bin zayed participates (or did participate) in endurance, but does he participate in showjumping ( i know that is the wrong terminology. i am not a horse person). youtube has 4 videos that state sheikh hazza bin zayd. it is at a competition. you can only see the man from a distance. obviously, shot with a cell phone. if it is him, he is very good. to the untrained eye, he seems to be much better than haya.

Sheikh Hazza only does endurance. Sheikh Shakbout bin Nahyan is a show jumper and really good and has alot of wins. Sheikh Hazza had a jumping competion take place under his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom