Ruling Family of Abu Dhabi: Al Nahyan dynasty: December 2004 - August 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the Sheikhs decide whether to wear western clothes or Traditional clothes to events? Is it just a matter of choice or do certain events dictate the manner of dress?

They wear traditional clothes at the big events, competitions, official visits, meetings etc. Because it's culture.
In personal life, they wear which one they want.

Who's children

Hi,

Can any one tell me whos chidlren these are??

Twins (16) male Tahnoon and female Sheikha, (13) female Fatima, (11) male Saif, (7) male Hamdan

They all have the same mother who I think is Sheikha Salama. Can any one tell me who Sheikha Salama married too?

Last edited:
Abdullah holds series of bilateral talks in New York

Bilateral relations and issues of mutual concern were at the centre of talks that brought Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE Foreign Minister, together with foreign ministers and leaders of other countries here.

Separate meetings took place on the sidelines of the 63rd session of the United Nations General Assembly.... - Full Article

Sheikh Abdullah had dozens of meetings, I wonder how long they take :whistling:

Hi everyone..:wave:

Time to shake up this thread because suddenly the Al-Nayhan family in general, and Sheik Mansour bin Zayed Al Nayhan in particular are big news since Sheik Mansour took over the Manchester City football club.

As for myself I´m curious about Al-Nayhan family in general and how they cope with being one of the few remaining ruling Royal families.

Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan Family

Hi everybody

I am trying to write a genealogy tree of the
UAE Family but
parents' name (mother and father)
of
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn...grammespeaker/sheikh-sultan-bin-tahnoon-a.jpg

Sheikh Sultan Bin Tahnoon Al Nahyan,
Chairman, Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority
are still missing.

(He is the cousin of
H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan,
present President of the UAE
Could you help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
This was posted earlier in this thread by ZZZ...Hope it helps

"sheikh sultan bin tahnoun is incharge of tourisim in abu dhabi. he is not a representitive of the president in al ain. that is his father, sheikh tahnoun bin mohammed al nahyan. sheikha sultan is married to sheikha wadeema bint zayed al nahyan. sheikh sultan is sheikh zayeds nephew. his father sheikh tahnoun is the brother os sheikha hussa bint mohammed al nahyan (mother to the current president, sheikh khalifa). his cousins to sheikh khalifa bin zayed, sheikha tahnoun is sheikh khalifas uncle"

hi schwalker. welcome to the forum. you definetly get a gold star for your knowledge of the al nahyans. i posted this on another thread, but no one has responded. do you know if sheikh mohammed bin zayed's oldest son, khaled, is engaged; and if so, to whom?

hi schwalker. welcome to the forum. you definetly get a gold star for your knowledge of the al nahyans. i posted this on another thread, but no one has responded. do you know if sheikh mohammed bin zayed's oldest son, khaled, is engaged; and if so, to whom?

Thanks miss b..

Hmm, the oldes son of the crown prince, Khaled bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan that is...

Khaled - a set on Flickr

I haven´t heard anything about him being spoken for but they wouldn´t tell me if he was so your guess is as good as mine I´m afraid.

Does anyone know what Haza is doing now? Does he have an official role?

B

Does anyone know what Haza is doing now? Does he have an official role?

B

Not that I know about, he´s a top competitor in endurance horseracing and it takes all his time I guess..

Not that I know about, he´s a top competitor in endurance horseracing and it takes all his time I guess..

Hazza could be working for his father in his office but we wont know because usually it wouldnt be mentioned. Hazza, Mansour & Tahnoon bin Zayed are top competitors but also have full time jobs. I think with Hazza bin Sultan, having abit of fun before work.

A picture made available by the Emirati News Agency (WAM) shows Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahayan (C) and Emirati Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahayan (2nd R) listening to an explanation by Philippe Gurdjian, CEO of Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management (front), during a ceremony to reveal the final model of the Formula 1 race track in Abu Dhabi, late October 14, 2008. Abu Dhabi will host one the F1 championship rounds in November 15, 2009.

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

A picture made available by the Emirati News Agency (WAM) shows Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahayan (C) and Emirati Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nahayan (2nd R) listening to an explanation by Philippe Gurdjian, CEO of Abu Dhabi Motorsport Management (front), during a ceremony to reveal the final model of the Formula 1 race track in Abu Dhabi, late October 14, 2008. Abu Dhabi will host one the F1 championship rounds in November 15, 2009

I think we got Khaldoon Al Mubarak (1st left) and Sheik Mansour Al Nahyan (1st right) on that pic as well..

I think we got Khaldoon Al Mubarak (1st left) and Sheik Mansour Al Nahyan (1st right) on that pic as well..
Yes and also present at this event was Shk Khaled bin Mohammed bin Zayed and Shk Mohammed bin Hamdan bin Zayed (both not pictured)

Yes and also present at this event was Shk Khaled bin Mohammed bin Zayed and Shk Mohammed bin Hamdan bin Zayed (both not pictured)

It will certainly be reagarded as a big event, but as we know the emiratis love both cars and racing...:rolleyes:

Reminds me that Mubadala (Abu Dhabi SWF) invested in Ferrari some time ago.

Hazza could be working for his father in his office but we wont know because usually it wouldnt be mentioned. Hazza, Mansour & Tahnoon bin Zayed are top competitors but also have full time jobs. I think with Hazza bin Sultan, having abit of fun before work.

Has anyone got confused here between Sheikh Khaled Bin Mohammed Bin Zayed & Sheikh Khaled Bin Sultan Bin Zayed. ;):whistling:

Which goes to show that although the names may appear long to some, it is important to provide the full name so that the name of the father can differentiate among same-named cousins and nephews etc.

The structure is quite logical:
In the example of Sheikh Khaled Bin Sultan Bin Zayed we know that Kahled is the son of Sultan who is the son of Zayed. Three generations in the one name with the line of descent from grandfather to grandson made perfectly clear.

With Sheikh Khaled Bin Mohammed Bin Zayed we know that this Khaled is the son of Mohammed who is the son of Zayed. Thus Sultan and Mohammed are brothers and the two Khaleds are first cousins. So just from the names we can start to work out the family genealogy. :)

And given the size of these families I would kill for an official family tree...:cool:

Re: Hazza

There have been rumours that Hazza is going to continue his postgrad studies and do a Phd . Theres also rumours that he may be joining Sandhurst the royal military academy in the UK . But Im still not sure , his brother Khaled however is currently in the UK he may be studying . Does anybody know?

There have been rumours that Hazza is going to continue his postgrad studies and do a Phd . Theres also rumours that he may be joining Sandhurst the royal military academy in the UK . But Im still not sure , his brother Khaled however is currently in the UK he may be studying . Does anybody know?

It could be very true that Khaled is studying in the UK just like his brother and if it is true that Hazza would continue to PhD, that would be good news and as well as interesting to know where and what he will continue in.

Which Hazza & which Khaled are we talking about please? Then I may be able to find out... ;)

Which Hazza & which Khaled are we talking about please? Then I may be able to find out... ;)

Hey there Tommy,
We're talking about Hazza bin sultan bin zayed Al Nahyan and his brother Khaled bin sultan bin zayed Al Nahyan .. Thanks :flowers:

It could be very true that Khaled is studying in the UK just like his brother and if it is true that Hazza would continue to PhD, that would be good news and as well as interesting to know where and what he will continue in.

His brother (Khaled bin sultan bin zayed) was studying in the UAE in the American University of Sharjah, one of the best in the country, Im not quite sure if he graduated and is infact doing a masters or if he has decided to shift to the UK to continue his degree.

United Arab Emirates Foreign Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed al-Nayhan during a family picture at the opening session of the Forum For The Future conference in Abu Dhabi on October 19, 2008. The meeting is a bid to seek reforms in the Middle East and North Africa (ANP)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom