The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Nobility

Hi, are there any recent news and pictures of Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed?

Old 04-15-2009, 05:53 AM
Commoner

Ruling Family of Abu Dhabi Family Tree

here is a nicely formatted family tree, though it still needs improvements.

Libro d'Oro di Melita

www.maltagenealogy.com
Old 04-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
Quite a large contingent of Al Nahyans attended!
Gulf News has him as Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Zayed. Is this an error or are there two Sheikh Suroors?
Both are incorrect. It is Sheikh Suroor Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan. He is the older brother of Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan both grandsons of a former Ruler of Abu Dhabi. They own all the land that is the district of Al Khalydia in Abu Dhabi and if I am not mistaken Abu Dhabi Mall, next to the Beach Rotana Hotel. Sheikh Suroor is a heavy weight in Property Development in Abu Dhabi.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy1 View Post
Both are incorrect. It is Sheikh Suroor Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan. He is the older brother of Sheikh Abdullah Bin Mohammed Bin Khaled Al Nayhan both grandsons of a former Ruler of Abu Dhabi. They own all the land that is the district of Al Khalydia in Abu Dhabi and if I am not mistaken Abu Dhabi Mall, next to the Beach Rotana Hotel. Sheikh Suroor is a heavy weight in Property Development in Abu Dhabi.
I am not aware of two Sheikh Suroors. I know that Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed Bin Khalifa is the owner of Abu Dhabi mall,beach hotel and a few other major development properties in the UAE. He is married to Sheikh Zayeds daughter. He is also brother to Sheikh Tahnoun Bin Mohammad Al Nahyan, the Ruler's Representative in the Eastern Region.
Sheikh Khalifa's mother is also Sheikh Suroor's eldest sister.

Do you mean Sheikh Khaled who is Sheikh Zayeds brother? becasue to my reading he never ruled, Shakhbout ruled.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:30 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks Dazzling, I jumped the gun there & stand corrected, indeed meant Sheikh Khaled who was Zayed's brother but for some reason I was thinking he was his uncle who was assasinated by Sheikh Zayed's Father. Not sure if the Sheikh Suroor Warren & I may be thinking of are the same or not, there are literally hundreds of Al Nahyans & so often names are not given to 3 generations & this confounds identification. Perhaps someone else can help?
Old 04-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Administrator

My guess is that the Sheikh Suroor, if there is more than one, would be the most "senior" or important. My logic is that it would be unusual (?) for a minor member of the family to attend a Sandhurst graduation ceremony for the son of the Deputy Prime Minister.
Whether it is Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa or Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khaled I've no idea.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
My guess is that the Sheikh Suroor, if there is more than one, would be the most "senior" or important. My logic is that it would be unusual (?) for a minor member of the family to attend a Sandhurst graduation ceremony for the son of the Deputy Prime Minister.
Whether it is Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa or Sh Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khaled I've no idea.
It was Sheikh Suroor bin Mohd bin Khalifa since his son Shk Mohammed was also attending. Sheikh Suroor use to be in the early days incharge of the presidential offices and was seen at almost every visit with Sheikh Zayed and at meetings. The Mohammed Bin Khalifa line is very well respected and stands high in line. In pictures you also see him sitting next to Sheikh Hamdan and then the rest of the Al Nahyan delegation.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Administrator

Thanks tommy1 and dazzling. I've added Sh Mohammed bin Suroor bin Mohammed bin Khalifa to the list of attendees at the Sandhurst graduation.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 PM
Aristocracy

i know that sheikh hazza bin zayed participates (or did participate) in endurance, but does he participate in showjumping ( i know that is the wrong terminology. i am not a horse person). youtube has 4 videos that state sheikh hazza bin zayd. it is at a competition. you can only see the man from a distance. obviously, shot with a cell phone. if it is him, he is very good. to the untrained eye, he seems to be much better than haya.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss b View Post
i know that sheikh hazza bin zayed participates (or did participate) in endurance, but does he participate in showjumping ( i know that is the wrong terminology. i am not a horse person). youtube has 4 videos that state sheikh hazza bin zayd. it is at a competition. you can only see the man from a distance. obviously, shot with a cell phone. if it is him, he is very good. to the untrained eye, he seems to be much better than haya.
Sheikh Hazza only does endurance. Sheikh Shakbout bin Nahyan is a show jumper and really good and has alot of wins. Sheikh Hazza had a jumping competion take place under his name.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

May 2009

Abdullah bin Zayed (UAE Foreign Minister) meets Gabonese official
Article

Liberian President receives Abdullah bin Zayed
Article

Hazza Bin Zayed (National Security Adviser) chairs Al Ain Sports Club
Article

Sheikha Manal Asserts Her Continuing Support of Art and Culture Locally and Internationally
Article

Hamdan bin Zayed (UAE Deputy PM) to attend ADU's 2009 Garduate Class
Article

Mansour bin Zayed
attends graduation ceremony
Article

Hamdan meets top Sudanese official
Article

Abdullah bin Zayed meets Irish FM
Article

President of Lithuania receives Abdullah bin Zayed
Article

Mansour Bin Zayed meets Swiss President
Article

Mansour, Egyptian Min. discuss cooperation
Article
Old 05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
Nobility

Are there pictures of Sheikh Mohammed bin Mansour Al Nahyan?
Thanks

I have a question. In a previous thread, that is closed by now, it is mentioned that Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed's first wife, Sheikha Alia, has distanced herself. Are they divorced or just separated? If divorced, can Sheikha Alia get married for the second time with someone else, or just men can get married again?Thanks

Have the Al Nahyans been to Sandhurst like the Al Maktoums?Thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucantuosi View Post
I have a question. In a previous thread, that is closed by now, it is mentioned that Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed's first wife, Sheikha Alia, has distanced herself. Are they divorced or just separated? If divorced, can Sheikha Alia get married for the second time with someone else, or just men can get married again?Thanks
Sheikh Mansour and Sheikha Alia are seperated. It is very unlikely that a Sheikha gets married second time especially if she has a child/ren. Sheikh Mansour re-married to Sheikha Manal bin Mohammed bin Rashed.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:29 PM

Nehayan, Nahyan?

Who are Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Saqr Al Nehayan's parents?

Is "Nehayan" the same immediate family as Nahyan (i.e., the ruler of Abu Dhabi)? Or is it a more distant connection?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sheikh Mansour and Sheikha Alia are seperated. It is very unlikely that a Sheikha gets married second time especially if she has a child/ren. Sheikh Mansour re-married to Sheikha Manal bin Mohammed bin Rashed.
Dazzling, i know that Mansour married Manal before he seperated from Alia, the seperation with Alia is recent no more than one year ago. In fact it was Manal that caused the seperation btween the Mansour and Alia. There are a lot of nasty things i want to say regarding Manal, but due to the rules n regulation of this noble forum i have refrain to say further.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Nobility

I thought they got separated before the wedding of Sheikh Mansour and Sheikha Manal.

Finally I found a picture of Sheikh Mansour when he was a kid: flickr.com/photos/mr_uae/319434821/
Old 05-11-2009, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
Dazzling, i know that Mansour married Manal before he seperated from Alia, the seperation with Alia is recent no more than one year ago. In fact it was Manal that caused the seperation btween the Mansour and Alia. There are a lot of nasty things i want to say regarding Manal, but due to the rules n regulation of this noble forum i have refrain to say further.
I wouldnt say Manal caused the sepeartion but what I heard that they seperated way before they got together. It was also said that Sheikh Mansour wanted Manal from the begining but his family refused.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Ruling Family Marriage

President, Rulers, Crown Princes and Deputy Rulers attend wedding feast of Mohammed bin Nahyan
WAM May 12, 2009

President HH Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, His Majesty King Hamad bin Eisa Al Khalifa, of Bahrain and Their Highnesses the Supreme Council Members and Rulers of the Emirates, attended a lunch banquet hosted by HH Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Higher Education and Scientific Research Minister, today afternoon at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, to celebrate wedding of his son, Sheikh Mohammed bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, to daughter of Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan.

attendees:

HM King Hamad of Bahrain
HH Sheikh Khalifa, Ruler of Abu Dhabi
HH Sheikh Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai
HH Sheikh Sultan, Ruler of Sharjah
HH Sheikh Hamad, Ruler of Fujairah
HH Sheikh Saud, Ruler of Umm Al Qaiwain
HH Sheikh Humaid, Ruler of Ajman

HH Crown Prince Hamdan of Dubai
HH Crown Prince Sultan of Sharjah
HH Crown Prince Mohammed of Fujairah
HH Crown Prince Saud of Ras Al Khaimah
HH Crown Prince Rashid of Umm Al Qaiwain
HH Crown Prince Ammar of Ajman

HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler and Minister of Finance
HH Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Deputy Ruler
HH Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Culture and Arts Foundation
HH Sheikh Abdullah bin Rashid Al Mualla, Umm Al Qaiwain Deputy Ruler

HH Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Higher Education and Scientific Research Minister (groom's father)
Sheikh Mohammed bin Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan (groom)
Sheikh Khalifa bin Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Nahyan (bride's father)
HH Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed Al Nahyan
HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan
HH Sheikh Saif bin Mohammed Al Nahyan
HH Sheikh Suroor bin Mohammed Al Nahyan
HH Sheikh Hazza bin Zayed Al Nahyan, National Security Advisor
Lt General HH Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister
HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Zayed Foundation for Charitable and Humanitarian Works
HH Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs
HH Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chief of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince's Court and Chairman of the Zone Corp
HH Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Dr HH Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, Member of Abu Dhabi Executive Council
HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Finance Department
HE Sheikh Sultan bin Hamdan Al Nahyan, Advisor to the President
Brigadier Dr Sheikh Saeed bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, Deputy Inspector General at the Interior Ministry
HE Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Public Works
HE Sheikh Ahmed bin Saif Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Board of Etihad Airways
HE Sheikh Sultan bin Tahnoun Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority
Old 05-13-2009, 09:30 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I wouldnt say Manal caused the sepeartion but what I heard that they seperated way before they got together. It was also said that Sheikh Mansour wanted Manal from the begining but his family refused.
This is what I heard too. I think it should be very hard to share a husband.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Commoner

Can anyone please give me more information on H.H.Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan.
I came across a fan group of his on Facebook;from the information I've managed to pick up:
-he is H.H. Dr.Sheikh Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan's son,and therefore the grandson of H.H Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan,the current President of the UAE.
-on a previous thread someone pointed out that Dr.Sheikh Sultan has two wives and that Sheikh Zayed is his first son from his second wife.
-he has two brothers Sheikh Mohammed and Sheikh Khalifa (I don't know if he has any sisters and whom his mother is,maybe H.H.Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saif Al Nahyan?Or is Sheikha Sheikha,Dr.Sheikh Sultan's,first wife?)
-he is the President Emeritus of the Al-Jazira Club Fan Forum (Al-Jazira Club is a sporting club in Abu Dhabi)
-according to some of the comments on his Facebook Group all the girls in Abu Dhabi are talking about him because he is very handsome and very down to earth.
Does anyone know exactly how old he is?(according to some people he is 22 or 23).
On Facebook you can see some of his pictures;
I've noticed that online there aren't many photos of him with other popular Sheikhs from the Al Nahyan family,maybe he is a very private person;
does he live in Abu Dhabi?(some time ago I read a confusing comment on one of his pics,the person wrote that he was living in Switzerland or in Scotland...)
His father is very well educated,I was wondering if he is studying somewhere because I don't think he is attending or has attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst like other UAE Sheikhs..

Thank You for any more information regarding H.H.Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan bin Khalifa Al Nahyan.

Tags
abu dhabi sheikhs, al nahyan, health problems, princess, sheikh