Princess Haya current events 4: November 2008 - November 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hia Magazine
i think i 'll buy it , repeated thoub and lovely hair

They quote Princess Haya saying on the cover "My happiness is to make others happy and to help them"
You will be able to read it online since the magazine and articles are all pdf files. Haya's interview isnt up yet but I think it will be really soon.

:previous:
I don't believe the horse Princess Haya has anything to do with the Royal living person with the same name.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe the horse Princess Haya has anything to do with the Royal living person with the same name.

You are correct, the horse isn't owned by the Maktoums, nor was it bred by them. It was sired by a Maktoum owned stallion and born in Texas, USA.

What's interesting is that under Jockey Club naming rules, Thoroughbred horses born and registered in the US aren't allowed to be named for any living person or celebrity unless that person has given consent. They also don't allow names of historical or "notorious" persons.

The US and Great Britain are pretty strict on this, for example I checked for a "Queen Elizabeth" and the only countries with a horse of this name were Uruguay, Turkey and Argentina. The last year the US had a horse named "Queen Elizabeth" was 1933 and the name hasn't been reissued since. Great Britain had a "Queen Elizabeth II" in 1908, and a "Queen Elizabeth" way back in 1899 and 1859.

So if the name wasn't ruled "generic", either Princess Haya gave consent, or it slipped by, which has been known to happen. If she did give her consent for the horse, thankfully she gave it to a pretty successul one!

For fun, I checked for other some other names, the country which allowed the name and the year the horse was born:

"Sheikh Mohammed": Brazil (1989)

"Fazza": Great Britain (2007) This is a 2 year old that raced for the first time last week. He came in 11th out of 13. He's not owned or bred by the Maktoums either but he was sired by a Maktoum-owned stallion.

"Maktoum": Canada (1981)

"Sheik Rashid": Puerto Rico (1991) (Perhaps this was a tribute to the late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed who died in 1990??)

I could find no other horse in any of the Thoroughbred registries worldwide named "Princess Haya".

Last edited:
Cartier participates in the WIL Forum showing its support for women business leaders

...held under the patronage and attendance of HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, Wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of UAE Ruler of Dubai. The Forum will provide women with a platform to meet influential women leaders and inspire them to discover and further develop their potential... - Full Article

and another article via gulf news here

No pictures from the event :sad:

But she attends the event?

According to the article here in Zawaya: no. I think she is some sort of honorary president of the organisation that is running these conferences. She does seem to patronise a very wide (perhaps some would say too wide) selection of issues.

Confusion over? 2 different conferences: one women leaders (october) and another women in science (September)

The first event is in the future; October 2009. It seems she will attend.

The second event is now and she did not attend on the first day anyway.

Al posts on Princess Haya attending the IOC session in Copenhagen, Denamrk has been moved to the following thread
121st IOC Session and 13th Olympic Congress in Copenhagen; October 1-9, 2009

Thank You :flowers:
Dazzling

According to this article, its says that Princess Haya will open the the Women in Leadership Forum on Sunday October 25, 2009.
Article

Princess Haya opens WIL forum

...Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, Wife of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, today opened the first Women in Leadership (WIL) forum, being held under her patronage at Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai... - Full Article

article with a picture click here

Last edited:
Princess Haya opens Girls School in Dubai

...today officially opened the Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein Government Girls School in Rashidiya, Dubai... -
Full Article

Princess Haya on Facebook? who knew?!, wow!

this is the first time i knw about that too,i hope she will put alof photos like QRania for Aljalilah especially.

I doubt this is actually P.Hayas account.
All the pictures are from news agency sites, she would have many of these pictures which she could post without the agency names all over them.
If this was her account then we wouldve heard something about it, this is just my opinion.

She has not an official account in facebook, this is fan´s group.

Mrs Heba Al Kharafi receives a Humanitarian Achievement Award from Princess Haya at the Women In Leadership Forum

...Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, Wife of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai, handed out ten awards to influential leading women in the region on the opening night of the Women In Leadership Forum on October 25th at Burj Al Arab in Dubai. The Humanitarian Achievement Award was granted... - Full Article

Nov 12, 2009 - Princess Haya atteneds the opening meeting of people with disability
Picture

Last edited:

UN is grateful for Dubai sanctuary

NEW YORK // The UN has thanked Dubai for accommodating staff who were moved out of Afghanistan following a Taliban raid that left five of the world body’s workers dead.The UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon, spoke by telephone on Monday with Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, to discuss relocating some 200 UN staff to Dubai.

200 UN Personnel Reach Dubai from Afghanistan
....All facilities will be provided to the UN staff by the Dubai Government under the supervision of Princess Haya Bin Al Hussein, wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom