Princess Haya current events 3: October 2007 - November 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the pictures? I am not seeing them of the baby at all. Hmmm

She does look her daddy more than her mommy.. What a cutie pie!

Thank You Warren. I think she is a beautiful baby indeed. She looks like her daddy though.... not like the Princess.

I agree with you, she looks like Mo.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Jalila is a very cute little girl!

oh yes she is cutie,I like the picture very much thank you.

She is a replica of her father Sheikh Mo. Even more so than his other daughters when they were babies.

Ok, why is aids taboo, and why is she writing about aids in Malawi and not in UAE or Jordan?

Ok, why is aids taboo, and why is she writing about aids in Malawi and not in UAE or Jordan?
goood question pupo,before PHaya Lalla Salma had participated on UN meeting about SIDA twice she is with Lalla Amina very involved for the cause in Morocco and nobody said they are breaking any taboo because they don't,i think AIDS it's not taboo issue in arabic and muslims country any more it's just Illness that we have face like any others.
i would like to hear Haya talking about the issue in Jordan or UAE!!!

Perhaps because the AIDS epidemic in Malawi is of catastophic proportions. It has wiped out several generations of people and most children are therefore orphans.

I find it really inappropriate that she's talking about it at all. If you are an expat in the UAE and you are found to have aids you are deported instantly so there's no question of whether or not the government consider it taboo ...

:flowers: Maybe she just want to help, maybe is one step in order to change policies. And i agreed that she should talk about aids in Jordan or UAE, after all, she is capable of bring help an confort to her people. Aids its no longer just a sex disease, its a reality and an epidemic that haunt kids and families all over the world.

I think is a positive aptitude for all arab women in charge. Go Haya!!!;)

I find it really inappropriate that she's talking about it at all. If you are an expat in the UAE and you are found to have aids you are deported instantly so there's no question of whether or not the government consider it taboo ...
Then all the more important that P Haya and other speak about the issue. Starting with the epidemic in another country is a good way to segue into the issue on the homefront.

I don't think it's wrong that she's talking about it. But it strikes me that it's like criticising someone elses house while your own is falling down around you. The UAE gvernment are so harsh about it. They virtualy deny it's existance when there's no way the UAE is completely Aids free.

She is not criticising anyone. She is bringing attention to a momunental issue that is facing some countries. Once the issue is openly talked about then the attention can be directed to the countries where the issues is still ignored.

The issue is ignored in the UAE, so wouldn't it make more sense for her to publicise it there first?

Can we please keep the discussion on Princess Haya's current events rather than arguing why she doesnt talk about aids etc in the UAE.

Thank you.

She is not criticising anyone. She is bringing attention to a momunental issue that is facing some countries. Once the issue is openly talked about then the attention can be directed to the countries where the issues is still ignored.

It was a metaphor.

Does anyone else have any more news about the FEI dispute or has that all subsided completely now? I like that she's not afraid to rustle a few feathers.

Music stars join in Pavarotti memorial concert for Afghan refugees

Under the patronage of HRH Princess Haya Bint al Hussein of Jordan, a UN Messenger of Peace, the concert at the renowned archeological site at Petra will generate funds for projects in Afghanistan by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) and the UN World Food Programme (WFP)... - Article

Is that a new picture? I dont recall seeing it before. Article talks about Haya helping families in ramadan in the UAE

The Associated Press: New in Gulf: bigger role for some first ladies

New in Gulf: bigger role for some first ladies

Sheika Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned may have been wearing a traditional black head scarf and robe, but she took on a very untraditional role in rallying the men to support a $100 million initiative to tackle unemployment. Like her counterpart in Dubai, Oxford-educated Princess Haya, Mozah is taking up the Western "first lady" model — activist, globe-trotting and involved in public affairs.

Pollstar -- The Concert Hotwire

Jordan Hosts Pavarotti Tribute

U.K. promoter Harvey Goldsmith was in Italy Sept. 16 for the promotional launch of a Luciano Pavarotti Tribute Concert to be held in Jordan next month.

Reuters AlertNet - Pavarotti Memorial Concert of musical stars to help Afghan refugees

Pavarotti Memorial Concert of musical stars to help Afghan refugees

…Under the patronage of HRH Princess Haya Bint al Hussein of Jordan, a UN Messenger of Peace, the concert at the renowned archeological site at Petra will generate funds for projects in Afghanistan by the UN Refugee Agency and the UN World Food Programme (WFP).

Under the patronage of UN Messenger of Peace Princess Haya Bint Al Hussain, wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, non-government organisations International Association for Human Values and Art of Living, are giving residents the chance to Stand Up and Speak out in October.
Gulfnews: UAE takes a stand against poverty

Princess Haya calls on people to join green project

Princess Haya calls on people to join green project - The National Newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom