The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

I saw Princess Haya yesterday at The Races in Newmarket for The 1000 Guineas,she looks really nice she was with her husband Sheikh Mohammed,his horse came 4th!.She looked very happy and seems to be a very nice person.

Old 05-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Heir Apparent

from wireimage :

Princess Haya of Jordan, daughter of former King Hussein and half-sister of King Abdullah on the second day of the Royal Windsor Horse Show, May 12, 2006, held in the grounds of Windsor Castle.
2006 Royal Windsor Horse Show – Day 2 - May 12, 2006

and for pictures of Haya at Queen Elizabeth's private birthday dinner, go here
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	h1.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	243251   Click image for larger version

Name:	h2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	243252  

Old 05-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Haya looks like she's dyed her hair again, I really wish she wouldn't it never look to be in good condition when it's dyed.
Old 05-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Commoner

she is such a lovely person!!! She doesn't care so much about her appearence. Compare it with Queen Rania, if Haya wants she could buy not borrow, like Queen Rania lately said, all her clothes, gowns etc. She is so down to earth and so natural. Is there nobody here who thinks the same?

And I think her marriage with Sheikh Rachid is just a love match. And I hope it will last forever...
Old 05-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Serene Highness

beautiful smiles from Princess Haya at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, May 12, 2006. from Corbis:

Old 05-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Serene Highness

Not my favorite princess but i do like what she's wearing , absolutely lovely , beautiful lady :)
Old 05-16-2006, 04:10 AM
Courtier

I like the dress, but she could have worn different shoes. She looks nice though.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh my goodness! What is Haya wearing?! It looks like an uglier version of the von Trapp family curtains!The hairstyle is quite ageing as well.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyBrat
beautiful smiles from Princess Haya at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, May 12, 2006. from Corbis:

wow Haya is my best best royal lasdy
i just love her
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 05-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Oh my goodness! What is Haya wearing?! It looks like an uglier version of the von Trapp family curtains!
me too, first thing came to my mind was curtains version
Old 05-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

well, IMO she could have chosen a plain-colored shawl or wrap instead. :)
Old 05-17-2006, 05:58 AM
Commoner

Princess haya looks a bit more older with that dress
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
beautiful smiles from Princess Haya at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, May 12, 2006.
I hate it when she dyes her hair!!! She looks sooo pretty with her natural hair color.
Old 05-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I like the dress, but she could have worn different shoes. She looks nice though.
Believe it or not, that was the first thing I noticed! The shoes. The dress is Valentino and on the runway was worn belted to kind of break up the pattern. The shawl was not seen and I have no idea whether or not PH wore the belt. She might be too small to carry it off--although I don't think the shawl added anything to the whole ensemble. The whole thing just kind of envelopes her.

I agree with all who've posted they would prefer PH stop dying her hair. If she only knew how many people would love to have her natural color! And it is damaging to her hair. I've noticed that some of her recent hairstyles seem reminiscent of upsweeps worn by her mother.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, wife of Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of UAE, waters a tree during a ceremony marking the foundation of Al Noor centre for children with special needs in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, May 23, 2006. The centre will provide educational services to special needs children of various ages and nationalities

from yahoo/reuters
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	244841   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	244852   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	244853   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	173
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	244854  

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	244855  
Old 05-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures. I love that shade of blue Haya is wearing, very nice pictures.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

the pictures are really nice,I think she looks very much like her mother in these pictures.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Gentry

Thumbs up

She looks stunning as always ..

Allah ye7meeha sho 6aybeh w ammoura...

God bless her
Old 05-29-2006, 02:59 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
French first lady Bernadette Chirac, Princess Haya wife of General Sheikh Mohammed .... and Nazek Hariri wife of slain former Lebanese premier Rafiq Hariri are welcomed by students the opening ceremony of the French school Lycee Georges Pompidou in Dubai 23 April 2006.
As with this example above, I personally feel that if there wasn't a picture of the three notable ladies present, I might not have given a second look to the article about this school being opened. I think the celebrities are the "hook" to get you to look at a news article in more depth, so that is a good thing.

I also have to agree with lizz (I think it was) who mentioned all the balls and parties and dinners the celebs attend. I too would like to see these held to a bare minimum and use the money for the charity they are helping. With some of these parties, it can really add up, but I suppose in the end, the attendees to the ball have to pledge alot of money to the cause, thus paying for the party as well as giving to the charity. My charity work has always been a hands-on volunteer thing with no parties (well, maybe we meet at the Pizza Place afterwards, but we pay our own bills).

Quote:
... i find it funny that she's dedicated herself to feeding the poorest of the poor while governing an organization where only the moneyed can join (since we all can't just buy horses)...i wonder how will she reconcile these two super-separate worlds...)
This is what is called Networking. When she is at the horse stuff, they know she represents the poor charity and will often give a donation (if not from the heart, at least to impress PH as the head of the horse organization). It is done all the time. May not be altruistic, but it gets the money to the right places. :p

How tall is PH? In one picture with a horse at a riding event, she barely came up to the bridle. Is she even 5 feet tall? She really is a most photogenic and down to earth looking person. I really like her and admire all she is doing for charities. My hat is off to you, PH.:)
Old 05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Heir Apparent

In case anybody's interested, this week's edition of Hello has an article about Princess Haya.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/magazin.../29/0921cover/