Princess Haya current events 1: February 2003-February 8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how is Haya written?

the way arabic names are written really confuses me,some members write her name Haya the others write it as Hayah..so which one is correct "حيه"or "حيا"?f
for so long I thought Rania is written as "رانیه" :D

Last edited:
Outside of this forum, I have never seen it spelled Hayah. I'm curious as to how it is pronounced....I was thinking the obvious, but could be wrong.

cute_girl said:
the way arabic names are written really confuses me,some members write her name Haya the others write it as Hayah..so which one is correct "حيه"or "حيا"?f
for so long I thought Rania is written as "رانیه" :D

actually it's Rania="رانیا" not Raniah="رانیه"

And it's not "حيه"or "حيا"? but haya هيا;) ,BTW,"حيه" in arabic means a female snake:D

This a picture of Haya from arabmagazine,her name is written in arabic below هيا not حيا ;)

Attachments

• haya+Nazk+Mo.JPG
    haya+Nazk+Mo.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 3,108
T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
it's Haya هيا not حيا and it doesn't mean life...life is الحياة...:)

I know life means الحياة,but what does mean Haya هيا ?Somebody knows?

From WAM

Princess Haya pays condolences to the wife of the late King Fahd

Aug 7, 2005 - 04:33 -

Princess Haya pays condolences to the wife of the late King Fahd Riyadh. Aug. 7, 2005 (WAM)--Wife of General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister, Princess Haya bint Al Hussain paid her condolences to Princess Jawhara Al Ibrahim, wife of the late King Fahd bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud.

Princess Haya expressed her deepest sympathies for this great loss to the Saudi people and to the Arab and Islamic nations as a whole.

She also paid condolences to the wife of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz, and to the wife of Prince Sultan bin Abdul Aziz, Crown Prince and First Deputy to the Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

WAM/OA 15 29 CCCCQQE

Khaleej Times Online

Euston Park ride today
By A Correspondent

21 August 2005

DUBAI — General Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and UAE Minister of Defence, will make his final preparations at Euston Park today, prior to the European Open Endurance Championship in less than a weeks time.

General Shaikh Mohammed and three of his sons, Shaikh Hamdan, Shaikh Ahmed and Shaikh Majid, who are also expected to ride at the European Open Championship, will take part in the EustonPark 120km FEI ride sponsored by Emirates International Endurance Racing.

The course designed by Sue Meadows and Diana Luke is divided into four stages of 36-36-31 and 17km.

The start and finish are directly in front of Euston Hall with the route passing through Euston Estate, The Kings Forest and HarlingForest that lies adjacent to Shadwell Stud owned by Shaikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and UAE Minister of Finance and Industry.

Since the heavy rain in previous days has taken the hardness out of the grass fields and sand tracks, the horses are expected to have an excellent going.

The ride starts at 6.30am today and the weather forecast is for a mild sunny day with temperatures of around 21 degrees.

Amongst the competitors are Princess Haya bint Hussein, who will represent Jordan at the Open European Championship and Australia’s leading rider Meg Wade, who is also having a trial run before the Europeans which take place at Compiègne, France on August 26.

Maktoum's decree sets up Equestrian Club

Aug 20, 2005 - 08:32 -

Dubai, 20 August, 05 (WAM) - H.H. Sheikh Maktoum bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai has issued a decree on the establishment of Dubai Equestrian Club, a Dubai government-owned body with financial and administrative independence.

Sheikh Maktoum also issued a resolution, in his capacity as Ruler of Dubai, appointing Princess Haya bint Al Hussein as Chairperson of the Dubai Equestrian Club's Board of Directors.

The decree also named Saeed bin Humaid bin Matar Al Tayer as Deputy Chairman of the board with Ahmed Abdullah Al Sheikh and Abdullah Ahmed Al Habai as members.

According to the decree, the new body shall own, operate and manage the existing Dubai Equestrian Club and any other facilities it builds.

It shall also seek to develop, enhance and promote equestrian in accordance with the international standards and to organise international events.

The club is mandated to formulate rules and regulations, to own and lease equestrian-related property and facilities and to carry out any business that may directly or indirectly contribute in achieving its objectives.

Princess Haya expressed thanks to Sheikh Maktoum and to General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister for their confidence which shall motivate her to work hard for the betterment of the sport in the UAE.

From Yahoo sports news
Frankie Gets Proclamation Ride

Thu 25 Aug, 9:09 AM

Frankie Dettori has landed the plum ride on Proclamation in the William Hill Sprint Cup on Saturday week.

The Jeremy Noseda-trained colt is owned by Sheikh Mohammed's wife, Princess Haya Of Jordan, and won the Sussex Stakes at Goodwood last month but has never raced over the six-furlong trip of the Haydock Park feature.

"I spoke to Jeremy and can confirm that Proclamation is in top form for his Sprint Cup bid and that Frankie will ride him at Haydock," Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock adviser John Ferguson told the Racing Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Haya's Website

First off, I found it very interesting to read and visit her photo gallery. Many great photos. And I love the link to QA's site. Unfortunate one cannot download the photos and information on it. Clearly, PH was behind its construction and spent a lot of time and effort on selecting photos and obtaining quotes from everyone from former President Bush and Mrs. Bush to her sister, Abir (do I call her Princess Abir; I was never quite clear on that point.....).

One of the impressions I came away with after reviewing the site, articles and photos is that there is not much love for QN. She is in one photo and the selection of articles are telling; in each, she describes herself as growing up "quite alone" save for her close relationship with KH, who she talks about in glowing terms. But there is nary a mention of QN in any of them. In fact, she says things like she had to stay around "to protect Ali and Abir," and generally speaks of a nuclear family consisting of Ali, Abir, herself and KH.

This is quite a turnaround from her quotes prior to KH's death where she praises QN, saying "she was fantastic (as a stepmother); she was very hand's on; I don't think she could have done a better job!"

It left me thinking "was she saying these things to please her father and now is she expressing her dislike of QN via her website because these are her real feelings?" It's curious.....

There are links in the website to KA, KH, QA and QR's sites but none to Queen Noor's. I found that odd as QN has her site. But she's just a name in a list of queens of Jordan. The only ones in that list you can click on for more information are QA and QR.

So, for what it's worth, I feel this website says a lot about PH's relationship with QN--in all it doesn't say. Did anyone else get that impression after going through it and reading the articles, looking at the photos and realizing there is no link to QN's site?

Yes I also found it odd that under the "Jordanian First Ladies" section, only the links to Queen Rania and Queen Alia's bios were working.
There are a couple of pics of Queen Noor, one of them was from the wedding anniversary party in London. But atleast Haya seems to have a real affection for her sisters, King Abdullah, and i think the rest of her brothers.
I know its only natural for her or any daughter to speak warmly of her father and mother but King Hussein wasnt a perfect man and Noor certainly didnt force him to marry her.
I wonder if Princess Muna's kids would have a similar attitude towards Queen Alia had she been alive.

btw maryshawn, Abir doesnt the have the title of Princess, though she is mentioned as a member of the royal family on Haya's site. But then adopted children of royalty dont usually get royal titles.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Yes I also found it odd that under the "Jordanian First Ladies" section, only the links to Queen Rania and Queen Alia's bios were working.
There are a couple of pics of Queen Noor, one of them was from the wedding anniversary party in London. But atleast Haya seems to have a real affection for her sisters, King Abdullah, and i think the rest of her brothers.
I know its only natural for her or any daughter to speak warmly of her father and mother but King Hussein wasnt a perfect man and Noor certainly didnt force him to marry her.
I wonder if Princess Muna's kids would have a similar attitude towards Queen Alia had she been alive.

btw maryshawn, Abir doesnt the have the title of Princess, though she is mentioned as a member of the royal family on Haya's site. But then adopted children of royalty dont usually get royal titles.

I was just going through the first ladies' of Jordan page on her website. Queen Rania looks a little upset in her pic. And wasn't Dina's title a queen? I always thought that King Hussein had made her queen. Haya's website named her Princess Dina. Huh:confused:

And you're absolutely right about K Hussein's being perfect. ;)

I thought so, too. Muna was the only wife to be called Princess. Yes, that photo of QR is not her best; she looks very serious and kind of upset about something.
~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes that was a very serious portrait of Rania wasnt it?
I think its from her visit to Turkey in March of 2004. She's wearing the same clothes, the hair and earrings are the same.
You're right about Dina, she was given the title of Queen.

Lilygal said:
Does Haya smoke??????

She obviously does. I'd read somewhere that she was against smoking. Maybe she used to smoke and she quit. Which leads me to wonder how old this picture of her smoking is.

I have heard about a very sad story, years ago when P. Haya have lived in Germany/ Warendorf. When she have went in the morning to her horse box, she found a man who had made suicide.

Sorry for my bad english

I bet they are still in their "newlywed" phase of marriage & are waiting a few years to start a family. Some people are waiting to have kids & not rush into it. My parents were married about 9yrs before they had me.

desertrosemrk said:
Picture from the press conference by Al Bayan

PH is a great person , and she is the right person for such a job , she had a strong personality and high power , and she makes a lot from her marriage to SM

Why is Princess Haya not in Amman right now? I have the same question about Queen Noor. Queen Rania and King Abdullah are doing a marvelous job but another pair of comforting hands and a kind face would surely be welcomed.

I think she does dye her hair as has gone from its natural dark color, which is the best IMO, to a blonder look reminiscent--you're right!--of her mother's hair. I don't think she needs to be obsessive about her clothing nor her weight because, you're right, if she's fine with it, who should question it? What strikes me is how different she's looked since her marriage. There are many pictures of her looking naturally beautiful beforehand but, since her marriage, she doesn't look the same. She looks the best when she is in a casual circumstance; when she's dressed up with her husband at various events, I often look at the images and contrast them with the ones of her not so long ago and there is a stark contrast. I wish she'd revert back. I don't know if she's trying to project a certain image or what the answer is; it just doesn't seem to be "her." But, you're right in that she's never looked bad with her makeup. She's kept that understated--and understated is what "works" IMO for Haya, as it does for most people.

sommone said:
I think if Haya was to improve her choice of clothing, she would receive some of the same comments Rania gets. It would be nice to see her do something with her hair besides the way she is currently wearing it. I will agree that a few times, her hair did look brittle and dry. I wonder if it has to do with dying her hair? I'm not sure if she does or not, but some of her pictures, her hair is dark, and on others, it almost the color of her mothers hair. I say this because my hair, in the sun, looks like it has been dyed, but I never use dye. Too afraid to. However, when I'm away from the sun, my hair looks black. I'm not really big on makeup, or what it should look like since I don't wear it myself, but I definitely don't like the "clown" look. Surprising, I haven't come across a photo of Haya where I had a problem with her makeup. As for her weight, well if she is satified with it, who am I to complain. I'm not as small as I use to be either.

maryshawn said:
Why is Princess Haya not in Amman right now? I have the same question about Queen Noor. Queen Rania and King Abdullah are doing a marvelous job but another pair of comforting hands and a kind face would surely be welcomed.

she is in Amman

King Receives Message from Sheikh Muhammad bin Rashed Al Maktoum Amman, Nov. 11(Petra)-- Crown Prince of Dubai and Defense Minister of the UAE His Highness Sheikh Muhammad bin Rashed Al Maktoum expressed his country's support to Jordan and to King Abdullah II in confronting the impacts of the terrorist attacks that targeted Amman last Wednesday. His Highness expressed, in a message sent to His Majesty King Abdullah II and conveyed by HRH Princess Haya bint Al Hussein

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/11/28714600.htm

Last edited:
suria said:
she is in Amman

King Receives Message from Sheikh Muhammad bin Rashed Al Maktoum Amman, Nov. 11(Petra)-- Crown Prince of Dubai and Defense Minister of the UAE His Highness Sheikh Muhammad bin Rashed Al Maktoum expressed his country's support to Jordan and to King Abdullah II in confronting the impacts of the terrorist attacks that targeted Amman last Wednesday. His Highness expressed, in a message sent to His Majesty King Abdullah II and conveyed by HRH Princess Haya bint Al Hussein

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/11/28714600.htm

DId u see her in Dubai TV yesterday? she went to the Jordanian club (?) in Dubai to stand by Jordanians in UAE,she looked so sad,no make-up,wearing black and u could see that she has been crying :(

I'm glad to see Princess Haya has come to Amman--and Queen Noor, as well. In such difficult times, people need to come together to support one another. It's good to see all members of the JRF rallying with the people in this dreadful situation.

lil Monkey said:
DId u see her in Dubai TV yesterday? she went to the Jordanian club (?) in Dubai to stand by Jordanians in UAE,she looked so sad,no make-up,wearing black and u could see that she has been crying :(

really , i missed it , i wish to see her any picture , princess Haya is honest person , she always stands for us ,

maryshawn said:
I'm glad to see Princess Haya has come to Amman--and Queen Noor, as well. In such difficult times, people need to come together to support one another. It's good to see all members of the JRF rallying with the people in this dreadful situation.

Did Haya go home, or was she in Dubai?

sommone said:
Did Haya go home, or was she in Dubai?
Haya did not go back to Jordan she only Gathered with Jordanian citizens in the Jordanian Club, she didnt go back....

i hope she does because that the place that she belongs to and thats the place that really need her...
i got this from the her web site:

Dubai, Thursday 10 November 2005:- Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, Wife of His Highness General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Defense Minister of UAE, and the Sister of His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan last night joined the Jordanian expatriate community in Dubai who were gathered yesterday in solidarity at the Jordanian Club to commemorate the tragic events that swept Amman on Wednesday night.

I'm not sure of her reasons for not being there, but I'm sure it was greatly appreciated by the Jordanians living in the Dubai that she was there to support them.

El Jood said:
Haya did not go back to Jordan she only Gathered with Jordanian citizens in the Jordanian Club, she didnt go back....

i hope she does because that the place that she belongs to and thats the place that really need her...
i got this from the her web site:

Dubai, Thursday 10 November 2005:- Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, Wife of His Highness General Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, Defense Minister of UAE, and the Sister of His Majesty King Abdullah II of Jordan last night joined the Jordanian expatriate community in Dubai who were gathered yesterday in solidarity at the Jordanian Club to commemorate the tragic events that swept Amman on Wednesday night.

She DID come back to Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom