The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 05:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorja Fox
The terrific part is she get's to be mentioned in his official site, it's displayed in different languages, has thousands of hits daily as I read once in a magazine. So if he allowes her to be mentioned in such a global medium, why he's blocking her in the local media? Can't stop wondering....
I believe for local activities, it's the local media which block the event; but when it is an international event (either in Dubai, in ME or elsewhere) then it's different, like when she was with PA and P-Rym at the Canadian embassy or with Sh. Mo in Dubai (12 December 2004) during the final session of the Arab Strategy Forum in the Gulf emirate of Dubai or in Beirut (24 June 2004) when they attended the 10th Arab Investment and Capital Markets Conference.

Old 02-16-2005, 05:56 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who
Haya at different hosp in Dubai.15/2
Regarding the criticism that Haya faces for her role in the UAE, if she wears new, expensive wardrobe, she's throwing Mo's money, if she recycles, it's s-h-o-c-k-i-n-g, if she doesn't appear or do anything, she can't fit in as a sheikha, if she starts patronizing, she tries to tuck herself into the society. Poor thing, she shouldn't try hard and just be herself.
Looking at the pictures, she's spontaneous with the people and the camera. I saw and met some Sheikhas over the years, from different emirates, they are really "unfriendly" at all, this is the nicest word I can find. They look grumpy and never smile,covered with jewels and gold, always companied by their "people". I can understand that Sheikha Fatma had to be like this because she was the first lady when I met her but the rest, wonder why they always seem so far from normal common people. Now I study with sheikhas from Ajman, UAQ, Sharjah and RAK, they aren't down to earth, not at all.
Am glad Haya is different, one can see she is spontaneous with others and humble, acting like a real Princess. I saw Princess Aisha 3 years ago in Abu Dhabi, she was smiling all the time, simple dressed and a normal person, am sure Haya is the same.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:39 PM
Aristocracy

local media

actually princess haya's last event, touring the hospitals, was covered in alkhaleej arabic newspaper, I have seen it, and I noticed that this was the first time that she was refered to as wife of sheikh mohammed
Old 02-17-2005, 04:58 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise
SEVENTH! Where are all the other photos. The Department of Health and Medical Services needs to get a better photographer, he's a bit slow with those pictures

I'm happy to see Haya getting involved in her new country.

These´re the pics of Haya:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	# (4).jpg
Views:	173
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	95092   Click image for larger version

Name:	# (2).jpg
Views:	177
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	95093  
Old 02-17-2005, 05:18 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

More pics pf Princess Haya in the same day, Feb. 15, 2005:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	# (5).jpg
Views:	168
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	95099   Click image for larger version

Name:	# (6).jpg
Views:	266
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	95100  
Old 02-17-2005, 08:52 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

more pics of Princess Haya in UAE with her husband, Sheik Mohammed:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	# (7).JPG
Views:	139
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	95160   Click image for larger version

Name:	#.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	95162  
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2005, 08:59 AM
Nobility

From Dubai Women's College which list the profiles of some well known arab women.

http://dwc.hct.ac.ae/lrc/publication...ity_jordan.htm

Haya bint al Hussein (Princess) Jordanian, b. 1974

Athlete
  • daughter of King Hussein of Jordan and Queen Alia
  • educated at St Hilda's College, Oxford University,Honors degree MA. B.A. in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics
  • President of the Queen Alia Foundation dealing with speech and hearing impaired individuals
  • President and Founder of the Jordanian International Athletes Cultural Association which promotes and supports Jordanian athletes to the international level
  • She is the Honorary President of the Land Transport and Mechanical Union. Also the first and only woman to date with a licence to drive heavy vehicles and articulated trucks
  • honorary president of the Children’s Dental Health Care Society. (SMILE) which provides dental care to under privileged children
  • President of The Haya Arts and Cultural Centre for Child Development,
  • She is carrying out Research by Royal Decree of HM King Abdullah II to expand physical education programmes at elementary school level throughout the Jordanian Kingdom in conjunction with the Ministry of Education.
  • Since the age of thirteen (1986) Princess Haya has represented her country as an international athlete. In 1993 she was voted “Athlete of the Year” by the Jordanian public, in her chosen sport of Equestrian Games.
  • In 1994 she was voted “Athlete of the Year” by the Arab BBC Radio.
  • In 1992 she was individual bronze medallist in the Pan Arab Games held in Damascus, Syria, and remains the only woman, in any discipline, to ever win a Pan Arab Medal in Equestrian Games.
  • 1994-1996 created an International Competing Team, called “Team Harmony”, which consisted of two riders (Princess Haya and Paul Darragh.), twelve international horses and three members of staff. In 1996 Team Harmony registered the highest number of international wins of any Irish based team, 33 international classes and 6 international Grand Prix and one world cup qualifier.
  • 1996 Team Harmony received the award from the Spanish Federation Oscar Awards, for the team that excelled in highlighting the profile of the show jumping sport.
  • In September 2000 Princess Haya competed in the Sydney Olympic Games riding her horse “Lucilla II”. In entering this event, Princess Haya was the youngest Arab athlete ever to compete in an Equestrian discipline; the first Arab woman to compete in Olympic Equestrian Games and the first member of an Arab Royal family to compete in any Olympic Games.

In August 2001 Princess Haya qualified for the World Championships (WEG) due to take place in 2002 in Jerez in Spain.
  • represented Jordan, on an administrative level, on the International Equestrian Federation, (FEI) from 1992 to 1996 when she was Chairperson of the Middle East and Western Asian Sub Group of this Federation. During this time she established and created the foundation for the eradication of “piroplasmosis” which effects the horse population in various Arab countries and has prevented over the years an effective International Circuit for Arab Riders. As a result nearly all countries in her subgroup now have disease free status.
  • awaiting the publication of her first book due to be released in 2002 concerning horse sports and written in the Arabic language. She is already working on her second book, a biography of her father the late King Hussein.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah
actually princess haya's last event, touring the hospitals, was covered in alkhaleej arabic newspaper, I have seen it, and I noticed that this was the first time that she was refered to as wife of sheikh mohammed
Thank you for informing me about it-was busy with Hariri's assassination. Well, if this event is particularly covered, it leads us to think that sports events are the ones that get blocked. In such events she never get to be mentioned as his wife, comparing to social events. If he or the press think it's inappropriate, then why the coverage on Maitha (who plays karate) ,his daughter?
In Islam, riding horses is one of the best values that can be taught to children, and this is what she has dedicated her life to, the treatment should be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abir
I believe for local activities, it's the local media which block the event; but when it is an international event (either in Dubai, in ME or elsewhere) then it's different, like when she was with PA and P-Rym at the Canadian embassy or with Sh. Mo in Dubai (12 December 2004) during the final session of the Arab Strategy Forum in the Gulf emirate of Dubai or in Beirut (24 June 2004) when they attended the 10th Arab Investment and Capital Markets Conference.
The thing that makes me wonder is why is he allowing it? One of the common values in the Arabic society is any disrespectful way the wife is exposed to affects the value or position of her husband, the way the wife is treated shows how important the husband is, if she get's offended then the husband is and overlooking it decreases his "masculinity" (am not trying to provoke or hint into things here) but this is the way it is. Don't know if I phrased it in the right way (hard to explain these things that are related to our culture), but it's a common thing here, (if any arab can approve). So why treating her in this awful way? She sometimes get neglected completely, not just ignoring mentioning her as his wife.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorja Fox
The thing that makes me wonder is why is he allowing it? One of the common values in the Arabic society is any disrespectful way the wife is exposed to affects the value or position of her husband, the way the wife is treated shows how important the husband is, if she get's offended then the husband is and overlooking it decreases his "masculinity" (am not trying to provoke or hint into things here) but this is the way it is. Don't know if I phrased it in the right way (hard to explain these things that are related to our culture), but it's a common thing here, (if any arab can approve). So why treating her in this awful way? She sometimes get neglected completely, not just ignoring mentioning her as his wife.
I don’t know which criteria they consider when the media is allowed (can) cover Haya activities and when they can't.

About Haya’ tour in Dubai hospitals, personally I don’t see any disrespectful behavior from her side neither something bad that affects the value or the position of her husband. She was in a respectful place and her dress & hair & makeup were all simple. So I don’t see what can be considered disrespectful ... especially that lot of women are active at different levels of UAE society and they are covered by the media ...
Old 02-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Gentry

Just a few thoughts....
1- Despite what I wrote above, I think the fact the Mo/the media not treating Haya fairly or ignoring her isn't that much of a big deal, everyone knows she is his wife, even the new expatriate here, so what's the big deal? Everyone is discussing it over and over, a new thread can reach the 10 pages only involving this subject. New members joining in just to display thoughts on (it's their right for sure) and people anticipating what Emaratis do feel or think or act whether they are Emaratis or not. I say, it's starting to sound like a Ross/Rachel Saga.
2- I saw the interview I have with her, dates back to 2001, she talked about her book, she said she set a certain date to release it, 11/9 but then what happened did happen and she postponed publishing it and I never heard about her book again. Any ideas if she published it or willing to? She'd be successful if she considers journalism, her writing style is excellent, read a few or her arabic articles, she's superb, reminds me of her father who is known for his excellent classic arabic.
3- Read on Al Khaleej newspaper, the last Monday's issue that KA paid a visit to his "brother" Mo, there was a pic (posting it would be off topic) but both seemed comfy with each other and developing a good friendship. The idea that KA pressured him to marry Haya was blown away after this pic for some. I never thought a mature powerful man can be forced into marriage, never, but let's not discuss this point because it will open a whole wide door than can't be shut. KA was companied with Ali and Faisal on this trip to the UAE, so I guess they all visited her too, terrific, she's still in touch with her siblings. Ali is her full brother, excellent relationship and I assume Faisal is the same since he has good relationship with all. So Haya's marriage and residing in Dubai didn't affect her relationship with her family, KA and Mo sound like the best buds (no sarcastic comments please).
4- I never said this before but I thought (my turn to anticipate!) that Haya would marry Shk. Abdullah Bin Zayed. Sounds like the perfect sheikh ever, good education (though am not sure where was he educated at), minister of information (or he isn't anymore?), a bright young man with effective thoughts (am referring to when he suggested to boycott Disney's company because of the Israeli department in an exhibition, let's not politicized the thread please, I set an example here. The reaction was huge to his maneuver everywhere in the ME), he got married 3 or 4 years ago to a well known family (I think or to a Sheikha?) but sure he had previous wives/hareem I think, but I got this impression of his suitability to Haya is the fact that he is close to the JRF, or to Ali and Faisal, once again these two brothers are, I assume, the closest ones to her. In the coronation of KA and QR back in 99, he was received by Ali and all the time, during the ceremony reception, he was with Ali and Faisal, so I thought :"what if?". Some might think am fan of his but am not, never was or will be fascinated with the royalty here. He seems to represent a good image of a Shk, I'd prefer over Mo for sure, even in the looks department, he is camel faced (not a sarcastic comment, this is a thing they, the Nahs, are proud of) but he still wins points over Mo, known also as one of the late Shk. Zayeds' fave sons but again being a pure Beduin like him would had caused trouble for Haya.
This was me thinking out loudly, end of thoughts!
Old 02-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Not even being funny here, but what is camel faced?
Old 03-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: Princess Haya of Jordan finishes the third stage of the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI) Endurance World Championship in Dubai desert 27 January 2005. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI (Photo credit should read RABIH MOGHRABI/AFP/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52070101.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	101624  
Old 03-03-2005, 10:33 AM
Courtier

Pictures of princess Haya
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	post-33-1108475140.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	102348   Click image for larger version

Name:	post-33-1108475335.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	102349  
Old 03-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

http://www.womenculturalforum.com/index.cfm

Under The Patronage of
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussain

Wife of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Crown Prince of Dubai & Minister of Defense
International Womens Cultural Forum 2005
08./09. March 2005 Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry , Auditorium
www.womenculturalforum.com

Topic: FAMILY
- cultural traditions
- marriage ceremonies
- family values, obligations of women inside the family
- position of the women in the 21st century in her countries culture

For the first time in the Middle East the First International Women’s Cultural Forum will take part in Dubai .

Speeches will be delivered by Honorable Mrs. Benazir Bhutto Former Prime Minister of Pakistan , U S Ambassador H..E. Mrs. Michele J. Sison , Consular Agent of Italy Mrs. Mariagrazia Sarram Ascione , the UAE Diplomatic Ladies Corps the Wives of Ambassadors and Consul Generals of Australia, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, Spain, South Africa, India, Egypt.

There will be a Multimedia & Live presentation of different traditions and ethnic cultural aspects concerning women & family of the participating countries .

This will be an annual event with delegates from various countries.

Date : Tuesday , 08. March and Wednesday 09. March 2005
Time : 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Registration (for ladies only) at Fax:+971 (0)4 222 88 56 or via registration format in the website:www.womenculturalforum.com
Old 03-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Courtier

IWCF under the Patronage of HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein
http://www.womenculturalforum.com/do...8F49D418285C97

HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan is the daughter of the late HM King Hussein I of Jordan (1935 – 1999) andthe late HM Queen Alia Al Hussein of Jordan (1948-1977) who died tragically in a helicopter crash. Princess Haya was born on May 3rd 1974. The late King Hussein and the late Queen Alia adopted Princess Haya’s sister Abir Muhaisen in December 1973, and Queen Alia gave birth to HRH Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein on December 23rd 1975.

HRH Princess Haya was married to HH Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai, UAE Minister of Defense, on April 10th 2004, and now resides with her husband in Dubai, traveling to her homeland Jordan often. She has in Arab Hashemite tradition retained her own name, Haya Bint Al Hussein.

Her official title becomes now: Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan, wife of His Highness Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum of Dubai, UAE, Minister of Defense.
HRH Princess Haya received her early education in Jordan. In 1985 she attended Badminton Boarding School for Girls in Bristol, England. Where she sat and received 14 GCSE’s. She next attended Bryanston School in Dorset, where she sat and received 4 ‘A’ Levels in Classical Arabic, English Literature, Politics and Government, and History. In 1992 she enrolled in St Hilda’s College, Oxford University and graduated in June 1995 with an Honors Degree BA MA, in P.P.E. (Politics, Philosophy and Economics.)

At the age of 13 HRH Princess Haya was selected to represent her country Internationally in the Equestrian Sport (Show Jumping) for the first time. In 1986, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1992, she won the Jordanian National Show jumping Championships. In 1992 she became the first woman to qualify and compete in Equestrian in the Pan Arab Games, in Damascus Syria. At this event she also won an Individual Bronze medal, making her the first and only woman to ever win a Pan Arab Medal Equestrian to date. She was voted “Athlete of the Year” by the Jordanian Public in 1993, and nominated “Athlete of the Year” by the Arab BBC Radio in 1994, after winning numerous National and International Events in the Arab and Asian Region. HRH Princess Haya was also twice (1988, 1992) decorated by her Late father King Hussein, for excelling in her sport internationally.

In 1995 the Late King Hussein decided to create an International Show jumping String of horses, which he named “Team Harmony” for his daughter, and asked that she widen her participation to a worldwide level. He wished that she competed in top international competitions representing Jordan, with a view to Olympic Games and World Championships, and studying the structure of top class sports in order to restructure sports in Jordan when her competing career had ended. He chose Ireland as Team Harmony’s first International base, and Paul Darragh and Alian Storme of Tara, County Meath as her first trainers. During her training in Ireland Princess Haya also trained part time as a flat race jockey, with Tommy Stack. She rode in Ladies Flat Races 1994 – 1996. In 1996 Team Harmony registered the highest number of International wins of an Irish based team, 33 International classes, 6 International Grand Prix’s, and one Volvo World Cup Qualifier. In 1996 Princess Haya also received an award from the Spanish Equestrian Federation as the Equestrian Personality of the Year.

In 1997 the Late King Hussein moved his daughter to train with Paul Schockemohle in Muhlen, Germany. She trained there until her father’s tragic death in 1999, and after his death qualified for the Olympic Games Sydney 2000. In 1999, HRH moved to train for 1 year with former Dutch Team trainer Hans Horn, in Ootmarsum, Holland. And in 2000 moved once again to train with Katie Monahan Prudent and Alice Debany Clero in Paris, France. In May 2000 HRH Princess Haya became the first Jordanian Athlete to give up her amateur status, and signed a commercial contract with Loro Piana, Italy. (Jordan has no professional status for athletes, a legislation that HRH has been trying to implement since 1992). She competed under their colors until October 2001.

HRH Princess Haya competed in Sydney Olympics 2000 riding her father’s mare, ‘Lucilla II’. Nominated by the delegation to be Jordan’s Flag bearer in the Opening ceremony HRH Princess Haya became the first female Arab Flag bearer at an Olympic Games, the youngest Arab to compete in equestrian, the first and only Arab woman to compete in equestrian, and the only Arab Royal to ever compete in an Olympic Games.

In September 2001 HRH Princess Haya qualified for World Championships in Jerez, Spain 2002. In 2001 she also terminated her training contract with Debany Clero, and Monahan Prudent, and reinstated Team Harmony. HRH Princess Haya trained alone throughout 2001 – 2002 based in France, and competed in Jerez World Championships in September 2002, once again making her the first Royal ever to compete in a World Championships Show jumping Discipline.

In the years 1995 – 2002 HRH Princess Haya competed internationally world wide at an average of 30 International Competitions a year. After the World Championship in Jerez 2002 HRH Princess Haya decided to take a year off International Sports, and to move back to Jordan. She has established permanent bases for Team Harmony that she visits to train and compete having hired another full time rider to maintain the horses. Team Harmony now has permanent winter base in Dubai, UAE: October-April, and England through the summer competing season.

HRH Princess Haya also represented Jordan in the FEI, (International Equestrian Federation.). From 1992- 1996, she was Chairperson of Middle East and Western Asian Sub Group. In this capacity she created a committee for the eradication of ‘Piroplasmosis’ in the Arab Region. A disease that affected horses in various Arab countries and prevented the creation of an effective circuit. She based eradication of the disease on the module used in Spain, prior to the Barcelona Olympics. As a result nearly all countries in the Arab Region now have a disease free status. HRH also submitted a proposal to the FEI for the “World Children Series”, which she established and has now grown into a series of International Equestrian Events for Children and is crowned by a “World Championships for Children”.

In March 2000 HRH Princess Haya became the youngest person to receive The International Golden Helm Award from the International Association of Golden Helmsmen of Tourism. After setting up a tourism campaign at the request of her Late father during her time training in Germany speaking tourists to Jordan from 2% to 12.5% in a two-year period.

HRH Princess Haya was nominated as one of the “Legendary Women” by the International Femmes Mythique Association.

HRH Princess Haya remains the first and only women in Jordan to hold a heavy and articulated vehicles license, as such was named Honorary President of the Land Transport and Mechanical Union by Jordan’s Taxi and Truck Drivers. She is the only member of the Jordanian Royal family to be member of a union.

HRH Princess Haya’s main responsibilities lie in various charities and social organizations that she works for.

She is President of the Queen Alia Foundation for Hearing and Speech Impaired. A Foundation she inherited from her late mother Queen Alia, is one of the leading centers for hearing and speech impaired in the Middle East. She is President and Founder of The International Athletes Cultural Association, an organization dedicated to supporting Jordan’s International Athletes. She is President of The Children’s Dental Care Society (Smile), an organization that provides free of charge, dental care to the least privileged parts of Jordan, by means of mobile units. She is President of the Jordanian Woman’s Qualifying and Training Center, an organization that aspires to assist women from less privileged families to become self sufficient. She is the President of the Haya Art’s and Cultural Center. Founded by her late mother HM Queen Alia, with a children’s theater, banking and Internet facilities for children and more. This cultural center founded the first and only planetarium, and the first ballet troupe in the Kingdom.

HRH Princess Haya is an athlete ambassador for Right To Play. Right To Play is an athlete driven organization that is dedicated to bringing sports and recreation to children affected by war, poverty disease and illness. It develops and implements child and community development in nearly 23 countries working with leading NGO’s including UNICEF, UNHCR, GAVI, and WHO. She also works in this capacity with The Vaccine Fund. HRH Princess Haya is also Honorary President of the International Sports and Solidarity Association; this Italian non-profit organization raises money through sports for aid to crisis areas around the world. She is also on the Board of Advisors for Just World International. This NGO has a primary mission to prepare and empower responsible, visionary leaders of tomorrow, while advocating socially just policy making today.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Courtier

Princesss Haya in UAE
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BlobServer.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	109844   Click image for larger version

Name:	retyu.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	109845   Click image for larger version

Name:	fggfg.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	109846   Click image for larger version

Name:	sdfghj.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	109847  

Name:	wert.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	109848  
Old 03-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrosemrk
Princesss Haya in UAE
wow... she is beautiful , so she is work in UAE now , she lost some weight
Old 03-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrosemrk
Princesss Haya in UAE
Thank´s desert rosemark for sharing with them these pic of Haya. When was taken these pics? Do you have more pics of Princess Haya in UAE?
Thank´s
Old 03-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Courtier

Your welcome! Pictures were taken of her visiting the Centre for Rehabilitation and Care for persons with Special. They were taken today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
Thank´s desert rosemark for sharing with them these pic of Haya. When was taken these pics? Do you have more pics of Princess Haya in UAE?
Thank´s
Old 03-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
wow... she is beautiful , so she is work in UAE now , she lost some weight
I agree, she does appear to have lost weight. She looks great.