The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Courtier

Also, not that I know anything about this, but I'm just assuming, and you know what they say about assuming, I thought PDA was acceptable anywhere in the Middle East? Correct me someone if I'm wrong.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:05 PM
Gentry

Well we can't group all the mid-east into one. In Lebanon or Jordon it's cool people hold hands in the streets. Places like Saudi or with in the Emerati culture it really isn't the social norm.

Old 06-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Courtier

You know what, I meant no offence by grouping the whole Middle East into one...I admit I don't know alot about the whole culture of Middle Eastern people, but I am open to learning things I don't know.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Gentry

sommone, I wasn't saying that you were. No offence taken. I was just clarifying. The middle east has all sorts of dynamics. Normally when one thinks of the middle east one thinks of deserts with covered women and camels. So I was only trying to specify.

Also I applaud you for wanting to educate yourself and for being open minded.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Serene Highness

All right, I've looked at the married Haya and have decided the problem is she needs to follow the age old rule of buying things one size larger so they don't show every bulge. The clothes she's wearing would fall smoothly if they were one size larger. Right now, they are straining and emphasize her stomach and behind. She's got the colors right, at least. I don't know what happened to her legs.....they were nowhere near that large when she was photographed a few years ago......water retention?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Courtier

I had gone back last night on Corbis to look at some of her old pictures, and it baffles me...I just chalked it up to weight gain. I mean has anyone seen any old pictures of her wearing a dress, or a suit where her calves were showing. Being as small as she was years ago, her calves just would not have been that big...I mean you would have noticed them.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:01 AM
Serene Highness

Haya in uniform

http://pro.corbis.com/images/0000296587-00...5-2818209743c2}
Old 06-18-2004, 06:47 AM
Aristocracy

P Haya is so cute, wish I could meet her... I get the sense she won`t be snobbish, so now she is living with PMo and the rest of the family? That`s huge...well, at least now she is surrounded by so many horses all the time in dubai.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Serene Highness

OK, after today, I am not going to criticize Princess Haya's weight gain--from svelte to voloptuous. I lost my dad a year ago and it just left me in real depression. I gave up exercising; live on lattes and guess what? Today, I tried on a summer skirt that had hung on me last summer and now would give PH a run for her money.....it fit terribly and I realized I had really let myself go. I hope she regains stability and happiness and pursues the lifestyle that had kept her so slim and beautiful. She is a woman in search of a family and I don't care what age you are--being orphaned is hell. So, I wish her the best and I, for one, think we will all be seeing her as lovely as ever once she is established in her new life. God Bless Her with happiness!
Old 06-19-2004, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by maryshawn@Jun 19th, 2004 - 9:49 pm
OK, after today, I am not going to criticize Princess Haya's weight gain--from svelte to voloptuous. I lost my dad a year ago and it just left me in real depression. I gave up exercising; live on lattes and guess what? Today, I tried on a summer skirt that had hung on me last summer and now would give PH a run for her money.....it fit terribly and I realized I had really let myself go. I hope she regains stability and happiness and pursues the lifestyle that had kept her so slim and beautiful. She is a woman in search of a family and I don't care what age you are--being orphaned is hell. So, I wish her the best and I, for one, think we will all be seeing her as lovely as ever once she is established in her new life. God Bless Her with happiness!
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad maryshawn. My heart goes out to you and anyone who has lost a beloved. May God watch over you always.

As to Haya, I don't think people have a problem with her having gained weight. I think it's just curiosity as to why a sportswoman would gain so much weight in so little time. As far as I am concerned, I don't care about people's physique to judge their character.
Old 06-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Gentry

I think Haya is a bit "green" and hasn&#39;t come into her own and probably wont for some time but when she does I think she will be heard.

I am sure her fashion sense will grow and her weight will fluctuate depending on her comfort/stress level. She will become more poised and educated on what life has to offer. I think that we are only witnessing the beginning. Her physical appearance will not be what puts her on the map ultimately this is not her strong point so to speak. I can&#39;t tell you why I think this I just have a feeling that she ultimately use her new status and wealth and will continue to be controversial and at some point a pivotal part in the union and educational growth of the middle east.

SC sorry babe I know you aren&#39;t her biggest fan. She has yet to impress me too but I think in time she will win you over...in about 10 years
Old 06-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Noura@Jun 20th, 2004 - 12:46 am
I think Haya is a bit "green" and hasn&#39;t come into her own and probably wont for some time but when she does I think she will be heard.

I am sure her fashion sense will grow and her weight will fluctuate depending on her comfort/stress level. She will become more poised and educated on what life has to offer. I think that we are only witnessing the beginning. Her physical appearance will not be what puts her on the map ultimately this is not her strong point so to speak. I can&#39;t tell you why I think this I just have a feeling that she ultimately use her new status and wealth and will continue to be controversial and at some point a pivotal part in the union and educational growth of the middle east.

SC sorry babe I know you aren&#39;t her biggest fan. She has yet to impress me too but I think in time she will win you over...in about 10 years
Sounds great, Noura, but how will Mo deal with someone else in his spotlight?

Personally, I think the rest of the Maktoums and upper echelons of Emirati society will make her life so damn difficult she will eventually retreat. Mo does not have the attention span to deal with this kind of headache.

And he has two massive headaches of his own: DIFC and expats owning property that he has sold them. FNC has yet to give the go-ahead to the property. DIFC is still in its infacy and Bahrain is kicking his butt.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Aristocracy

Princess Haya Bio
http://www.righttoplay.com/bios/princess_haya.asp
Old 06-27-2004, 04:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenB@Jun 27th, 2004 - 1:42 am
Princess Haya Bio
http://www.righttoplay.com/bios/princess_haya.asp
Just by reading her bio, I say she&#39;s one h*** of a princess. If you ask me, she&#39;s too good for...ah, I forgot I said I wouldn&#39;t discuss it anymore. Thanks for posting the bio info.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:20 AM
Nobility

The Family That Rides Together Stays Together
from the gulfnews.com

General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence, is expected to lead a strong team of UAE riders in today&#39;s 160-km endurance ride to be held in Newmarket, England.

The FEI Newmarket Endurance 2004 Ride, which has attracted some of the world&#39;s top riders, also kick starts the final preparations by riders for the World Endurance Championships to be held in Dubai in January next year.

Sheikh Mohammed has been listed to partner Stormy Petrel in this prestigious ride, which gets off to a mass start at 5am today.

Around 80 riders are expected to start the 160-km ride, which will take riders through a predominantly turf ground.

"Apart from a 10-kilometre distance of asphalt roads, the entire terrain is a mixture of turf, all-weather surfaces, farm-tracks and bridleways with an approximate 200-metre altitude differential," said Carol Burnell, one of the officials involved in the ride.

Apart from Sheikh Mohammed, who is the holder of the European team gold, former world No 1 Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, reigning world champion Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Maktoum and young Sheikh Rashid bin Hamdan Al Maktoum, the winner of the Triple Crown in UAE earlier this year, are also in the fray.

Princess Haya bint Al Hussain of Jordan, Sheikh Nassar bin Hamed Al Khalifa and Sheikh Khalid bin Hamed Al Khalifa of Bahrain are also expected to be in the starting line-up, which includes some of Europe&#39;s top names.

Irish champion Iona Rossely leads a strong pack while Britain&#39;s top rider Sarah Kelleway, Australian champion Meg Wade, Italy&#39;s top rider Fausto Fiorucci and a strong team of French riders including Sunny Demedy and Jack Begaud will also be using this ride as part of the world championship preparation.

Apart from an individual classification there is also a team championship (Nations Cup) and the National Federations will be naming four riders for the team event. The three best timing of those who finish will count towards deciding the team championship.

"We have been based here since May 8 and the horses are all doing well," said Ismail Mohammed, trainer of endurance horses owned by Sheikh Mohammed.

Speaking to Gulf News just before the trot-up and final pre-ride vet check, Ismail, who is also riding in today&#39;s event, said the event is being used to prepare and qualify horses for the world championship.

"The team riders will be decided later in the evening and we expect a strong showing by the UAE riders," the ace trainer added.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Me, too. I thought it had to do with her dating the CP Mo. I believe they were doing up-dates during their courtship and then all of a sudden the website is removed just before the annoucement of their engagement (marriage ceremony?).
Old 06-27-2004, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

It used to be:
Http://www.teamharmony.net

She had an interview where she talked about being independent and said that when she got married, if she had to stay home she&#39;d drive her husband crazy...
Old 06-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Nobility

pics of the missus and the hubby in this weeks hello. she is wearing a very smart beige top w/beading and a black hat (very nice). nothing was said about them or showed any more of her outfit.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Noura@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:40 pm

She is well educated, speaks 7 different languages, went to the Olympics for equestrian and not a stupid woman at all.
Well, true, she went to the Olympics, but she represented the country her family rules. They can tap whomever they want to go. So it&#39;s not like there was a lot of merit involved.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon
Well, true, she went to the Olympics, but she represented the country her family rules. They can tap whomever they want to go. So it's not like there was a lot of merit involved.
pappillon,
I beg to differ there. There are qualifying standards to compete at the Olympics. Who your parents are or the fact that they rule your country doesn't enter into it. If that were so then the Princess Royal wouldn't have had to do any work to represent Britain in Montreal and Zara would have been an automatic inclusion for Athens.

As Haya did not disgrace herself in Sydney and proved to be up the the standard of others competing in the equestrian competitions we can safely say that she is an Olympic class rider and be assured that she got there on merit not because her brother is King of Jordan.

The people from whom she has had coaching are world class professionals and they have been more than happy to have their names associated with Haya and her participation in the Equestrian competition at the Sydney olympics. They would not put their reputations on the line if she wasn't up to standard.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>AUSTRALIA&#33;</span>
Closed Thread