Princess Haya current events 1: February 2003-February 8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, not that I know anything about this, but I'm just assuming, and you know what they say about assuming, I thought PDA was acceptable anywhere in the Middle East? Correct me someone if I'm wrong.

Well we can't group all the mid-east into one. In Lebanon or Jordon it's cool people hold hands in the streets. Places like Saudi or with in the Emerati culture it really isn't the social norm.

You know what, I meant no offence by grouping the whole Middle East into one...I admit I don't know alot about the whole culture of Middle Eastern people, but I am open to learning things I don't know.

sommone, I wasn't saying that you were. No offence taken. I was just clarifying. The middle east has all sorts of dynamics. Normally when one thinks of the middle east one thinks of deserts with covered women and camels. So I was only trying to specify.

Also I applaud you for wanting to educate yourself and for being open minded.

All right, I've looked at the married Haya and have decided the problem is she needs to follow the age old rule of buying things one size larger so they don't show every bulge. The clothes she's wearing would fall smoothly if they were one size larger. Right now, they are straining and emphasize her stomach and behind. She's got the colors right, at least. I don't know what happened to her legs.....they were nowhere near that large when she was photographed a few years ago......water retention?

I had gone back last night on Corbis to look at some of her old pictures, and it baffles me...I just chalked it up to weight gain. I mean has anyone seen any old pictures of her wearing a dress, or a suit where her calves were showing. Being as small as she was years ago, her calves just would not have been that big...I mean you would have noticed them.

P Haya is so cute, wish I could meet her... I get the sense she won`t be snobbish, so now she is living with PMo and the rest of the family? That`s huge...well, at least now she is surrounded by so many horses all the time in dubai.

OK, after today, I am not going to criticize Princess Haya's weight gain--from svelte to voloptuous. I lost my dad a year ago and it just left me in real depression. I gave up exercising; live on lattes and guess what? Today, I tried on a summer skirt that had hung on me last summer and now would give PH a run for her money.....it fit terribly and I realized I had really let myself go. I hope she regains stability and happiness and pursues the lifestyle that had kept her so slim and beautiful. She is a woman in search of a family and I don't care what age you are--being orphaned is hell. So, I wish her the best and I, for one, think we will all be seeing her as lovely as ever once she is established in her new life. God Bless Her with happiness!

Originally posted by maryshawn@Jun 19th, 2004 - 9:49 pm
OK, after today, I am not going to criticize Princess Haya's weight gain--from svelte to voloptuous. I lost my dad a year ago and it just left me in real depression. I gave up exercising; live on lattes and guess what? Today, I tried on a summer skirt that had hung on me last summer and now would give PH a run for her money.....it fit terribly and I realized I had really let myself go. I hope she regains stability and happiness and pursues the lifestyle that had kept her so slim and beautiful. She is a woman in search of a family and I don't care what age you are--being orphaned is hell. So, I wish her the best and I, for one, think we will all be seeing her as lovely as ever once she is established in her new life. God Bless Her with happiness!
I'm so sorry to hear about your dad maryshawn. My heart goes out to you and anyone who has lost a beloved. May God watch over you always.

As to Haya, I don't think people have a problem with her having gained weight. I think it's just curiosity as to why a sportswoman would gain so much weight in so little time. As far as I am concerned, I don't care about people's physique to judge their character.

I think Haya is a bit "green" and hasn't come into her own and probably wont for some time but when she does I think she will be heard.

I am sure her fashion sense will grow and her weight will fluctuate depending on her comfort/stress level. She will become more poised and educated on what life has to offer. I think that we are only witnessing the beginning. Her physical appearance will not be what puts her on the map ultimately this is not her strong point so to speak. I can't tell you why I think this I just have a feeling that she ultimately use her new status and wealth and will continue to be controversial and at some point a pivotal part in the union and educational growth of the middle east.

SC sorry babe I know you aren't her biggest fan. She has yet to impress me too but I think in time she will win you over...in about 10 years

Originally posted by Noura@Jun 20th, 2004 - 12:46 am
I think Haya is a bit "green" and hasn't come into her own and probably wont for some time but when she does I think she will be heard.

I am sure her fashion sense will grow and her weight will fluctuate depending on her comfort/stress level. She will become more poised and educated on what life has to offer. I think that we are only witnessing the beginning. Her physical appearance will not be what puts her on the map ultimately this is not her strong point so to speak. I can't tell you why I think this I just have a feeling that she ultimately use her new status and wealth and will continue to be controversial and at some point a pivotal part in the union and educational growth of the middle east.

SC sorry babe I know you aren't her biggest fan. She has yet to impress me too but I think in time she will win you over...in about 10 years
Sounds great, Noura, but how will Mo deal with someone else in his spotlight?

Personally, I think the rest of the Maktoums and upper echelons of Emirati society will make her life so damn difficult she will eventually retreat. Mo does not have the attention span to deal with this kind of headache.

And he has two massive headaches of his own: DIFC and expats owning property that he has sold them. FNC has yet to give the go-ahead to the property. DIFC is still in its infacy and Bahrain is kicking his butt.

The Family That Rides Together Stays Together
from the gulfnews.com

General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Minister of Defence, is expected to lead a strong team of UAE riders in today's 160-km endurance ride to be held in Newmarket, England.

The FEI Newmarket Endurance 2004 Ride, which has attracted some of the world's top riders, also kick starts the final preparations by riders for the World Endurance Championships to be held in Dubai in January next year.

Sheikh Mohammed has been listed to partner Stormy Petrel in this prestigious ride, which gets off to a mass start at 5am today.

Around 80 riders are expected to start the 160-km ride, which will take riders through a predominantly turf ground.

"Apart from a 10-kilometre distance of asphalt roads, the entire terrain is a mixture of turf, all-weather surfaces, farm-tracks and bridleways with an approximate 200-metre altitude differential," said Carol Burnell, one of the officials involved in the ride.

Apart from Sheikh Mohammed, who is the holder of the European team gold, former world No 1 Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, reigning world champion Sheikh Ahmed bin Mohammed Al Maktoum and young Sheikh Rashid bin Hamdan Al Maktoum, the winner of the Triple Crown in UAE earlier this year, are also in the fray.

Princess Haya bint Al Hussain of Jordan, Sheikh Nassar bin Hamed Al Khalifa and Sheikh Khalid bin Hamed Al Khalifa of Bahrain are also expected to be in the starting line-up, which includes some of Europe's top names.

Irish champion Iona Rossely leads a strong pack while Britain's top rider Sarah Kelleway, Australian champion Meg Wade, Italy's top rider Fausto Fiorucci and a strong team of French riders including Sunny Demedy and Jack Begaud will also be using this ride as part of the world championship preparation.

Apart from an individual classification there is also a team championship (Nations Cup) and the National Federations will be naming four riders for the team event. The three best timing of those who finish will count towards deciding the team championship.

"We have been based here since May 8 and the horses are all doing well," said Ismail Mohammed, trainer of endurance horses owned by Sheikh Mohammed.

Speaking to Gulf News just before the trot-up and final pre-ride vet check, Ismail, who is also riding in today's event, said the event is being used to prepare and qualify horses for the world championship.

"The team riders will be decided later in the evening and we expect a strong showing by the UAE riders," the ace trainer added.

Me, too. I thought it had to do with her dating the CP Mo. I believe they were doing up-dates during their courtship and then all of a sudden the website is removed just before the annoucement of their engagement (marriage ceremony?).

pics of the missus and the hubby in this weeks hello. she is wearing a very smart beige top w/beading and a black hat (very nice). nothing was said about them or showed any more of her outfit.

Originally posted by Noura@Jun 26th, 2004 - 1:40 pm

She is well educated, speaks 7 different languages, went to the Olympics for equestrian and not a stupid woman at all.
Well, true, she went to the Olympics, but she represented the country her family rules. They can tap whomever they want to go. So it's not like there was a lot of merit involved.

papillon said:
Well, true, she went to the Olympics, but she represented the country her family rules. They can tap whomever they want to go. So it's not like there was a lot of merit involved.
pappillon,
I beg to differ there. There are qualifying standards to compete at the Olympics. Who your parents are or the fact that they rule your country doesn't enter into it. If that were so then the Princess Royal wouldn't have had to do any work to represent Britain in Montreal and Zara would have been an automatic inclusion for Athens.

As Haya did not disgrace herself in Sydney and proved to be up the the standard of others competing in the equestrian competitions we can safely say that she is an Olympic class rider and be assured that she got there on merit not because her brother is King of Jordan.

The people from whom she has had coaching are world class professionals and they have been more than happy to have their names associated with Haya and her participation in the Equestrian competition at the Sydney olympics. They would not put their reputations on the line if she wasn't up to standard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Princess Haya@Jun 29th, 2004 - 10:53 pm
pappillon,
I beg to differ there. There are qualifying standards to compete at the Olympics. Who your parents are or the fact that they rule your country doesn't enter into it. If that were so then the Princess Royal wouldn't have had to do any work to represent Britain in Montreal and Zara would have been an automatic inclusion for Athens.

As Haya did not disgrace herself in Sydney and proved to be up the the standard of others competing in the equestrian competitions we can safely say that she is an Olympic class rider and be assured that she got there on merit not because her brother is King of Jordan.

The people from whom she has had coaching are world class professionals and they have been more than happy to have their names associated with Haya and her participation in the Equestrian competition at the Sydney olympics. They would not put their reputations on the line if she wasn't up to standard. :angry:
Well, appreciate your feedback, PH, but we will have to respectfully disagree about this. I just don't believe that if she weren't a princess living in a dictatorship that happens also to be a very small country where the number of globally competitive athletes is negligible and if she weren't supported by a wealthy family that has come by it in dubious ways she would've ever gotten to compete in the Olympics. It's a perk of her position.

Jordan Times
Monday, September 4, 2000

Princess Haya confirmed for Sydney Olympics

AMMAN (JT) — Jordan has received confirmation that Her Royal Highness Princess Haya and her horse, Loro Piana Lucilla, will be competing in the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.

Princess Haya received confirmation of her qualification and certificate of capability in August. A quarantine area has been created in Aachen, Germany where Princess Haya's mare stayed for 14 days and was expected to depart for Sydney on Aug. 31.

The mare will then move into another isolation stables before both the horse and Princess Haya are permitted contact with any of the other Olympic horses, riders and personnel.

The Princess and her team have been forewarned that any contact before that date will subject a cancellation of all Olympic Equestrian Sport horses from Europe.

Loro Piana has had to undergo this separate quarantine as Princess Haya's notification of qualification was regrettably delayed, but all is now well.

Princess Haya and her team have confirmed they are grateful and proud to be allowed to compete and are in high spirits and will be concentrated and focused enough for the isolation period to generally not affect their performance. They hope to use that time positively and be allowed to concentrate on their final training time outside the centre of attention.

The trainers of Princess Haya, and the Princess herself have made a special request to the Equestrian Federation that despite all the much appreciated love and support she enjoys from her fans and the press, as the daughter of the late King Hussein and the sister of His Majesty King Abdullah, Princess Haya would like to be treated as any other athlete, to stay in the Olympic Village with other Jordanian athletes, and be relieved of any extra or differential attention from the media. Attaining the level of competition will be her main objective.

The Equestrian Federation is extremely proud of Her Highness' achievement in qualifying and wishes her every success.

Princess Haya fondly recalls that the last time King Hussein introduced her to a guest it was as his “Olympic daughter” and she is proud and relieved to be able to fulfil his expectations for her.

Originally posted by papillon@Jun 30th, 2004 - 12:03 pm
if she weren't supported by a wealthy family
Most Equestrian athletes are "supported by wealthy families" and go back far enough and you wouldn't want to know where some of the money came from!

Most Equestrian athletes are "supported by wealthy families" and go back far enough and you wouldn't want to know where some of the money came from!
But that isn't my point, PH. P. Haya has used mainly her own family's money. Of course talented people will go out and get corporate sponsors and other "outsiders" who will make the athlete undergo a more rigorous vetting process before forking over money than would the immediate family. She has used her position of relative privilege to get where she is in the horse world.

I think we just disagree on this. We should let it rest. No need to post articles from the last Olympics.

papillon said:
But that isn't my point, PH. P. Haya has used mainly her own family's money. Of course talented people will go out and get corporate sponsors and other "outsiders" who will make the athlete undergo a more rigorous vetting process before forking over money than would the immediate family. She has used her position of relative privilege to get where she is in the horse world.

I think we just disagree on this. We should let it rest. No need to post articles from the last Olympics.
Papillon

You might like to read page 3 of the attached link. It sets out the standard required for someone to compete at Olympic level in the equestrian competitions. Whilst this refers primarily to 3 day eventing you should get the overall idea of the standards required and see that they are quite high and that just because your brother & your Dad are Kings ain't gonna get you a spot in the competition! ;)

http://www.horsesport.org/fei/pdfs/referen...004-english.pdf

Ipi,

You have to excuse me for not knowing anything about horses other than what I have picked up from your previous posts.

Is it common to refrain from participating in horsy events if your horse is injured? Being married to Master Mo, I'm sure she has the finest of the finest in store. I remember reading an interview with Mo's son Ahmed, who said he had 30 something horses. What does she/they do with her/their other horses then? (and how do I add a confused ? icon)

I think her Mo did not allow her to participate....or he could not swallow that she would run under Jordanian flag

actually when she rides-she wears the jordanian flag and says she represents jordan. mo can't do anything about that unless he is willing to give haya a passport. i think that would entail baba zayed & mrs. baba zayed blessing the marriage-not something that is going to happen.

therefore ms. haya is going to stay jordanian.

btw: i know TONS of jordanian women who have married uae men. they ALL want the passport and NONE of them have it. the uae does not hand out passports wontonly.

Humble said:
I think her Mo did not allow her to participate....or he could not swallow that she would run under Jordanian flag

PH's Horses

Hi All,

My first post.

The last horse result I saw for PH she was riding (Parlour Mountain) Tabatha (Aus), a mare which belongs to Sh Mo. Previous to that the horse last competed in Ireland with Sh Rashid and was hurt. These riders have a tendency to blow the tendons in the legs of the horses, and maybe Tab's were blown again in the last ride. They also change the names of the horses - Yamama is actually registered as Crystal Flyer, also an Australian horse. When Tab left Australia she was considered to be the best endurance horse in the world by her owner, who is one of the best riders in the world. If one is injured, Sh Mo just picks up another horse. Most female endurance riders wear jodhpurs, that's not just in the show ring. Your legs rub much less in jodhs than they do in jeans.

Regards,
Jules

The biggest problem with endurance riding is that most of the participants are rank amatuers. I had one of them keeping his horses with me and, to be blunt, the guy was an idiot - he knew nothing and some of his ideas bordered on neglect and mistreatment.
I can only hope that Pncss Haya can educate Sheikh Mo and his family into the correct treatment of their horses. The racehorses are well treated and capable staff and trainers are employed to oversee this. Sheikh Mo is very hands on with the racehorses and has earned the respect of people like Queen Elizabeth who is a very knowlegable horsewoman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom