Princess Haya current events 1: February 2003-February 8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that some you are very hard with Princess Haya and I totally agree with the ones who think that she wouldn't have gone ahead with this event without Sheikh Mohamed's blessing. Sheikh Mohamed isn't the kind of man who could be manipulated by anyone even his beloved wife.
Haya has no power in Dubai so she does what she is told to do !

Found on Netty Royalty

This week Princess Haya bint al-Hussein of Jordan, who married Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum two years ago, is watching her second dream unfold — that of bringing her sport of international showjumping to her adopted country Dubai. The Al Maktoum Memorial Challenge — dedicated to the memory of her brother-in-law, Sheikh Maktoum, the founder of the Dubai Equestrian Club who died last week, is a significant step in the princess’s ambition to make Dubai as synonymous with showjumping as it is with racing through the Dubai World Cup. Like the latter, it offers the sport’s richest prize fund — $1.25 million over three days. Tomorrow’s Grand Prix, the final event, carries a $250,000 first prize. “It has been an ambition of mine to see a showjumping event of this standard in Dubai,” the princess said. The princess is determined that her adopted countrymen should have the chance to compete at the highest level in her sport. “Young Arab riders must learn first-hand what top sport is all about,” she said. “Having the best in the world competing here could really kick-start showjumping.” The international show was first mooted only in August through a chance meeting at Newmarket between the princess and Simon Brooks-Ward, the organiser of the Olympia Show in London. “She asked if I was free to organise an international horse show for her in Dubai in January,” Brooks-Ward said. Aware that top prize-money, ease of travel and the best footing are essential for a horse show, the princess guaranteed all three. Sponsorship helped with the first. First-class travel — “The biggest factor in how your horse will perform,” she said — came courtesy of Sheikh Mohammed’s private 747, which is normally used for his Godolphin racehorse string. The footing for the main arena was laid by Martin Collins International and shipped in from Britain in 128 containers. While most of the celebrations associated with this week’s festival of Eid al-Adha were cancelled because of the death of Sheikh Maktoum, his brother Sheikh Mohammed gave the horse show his blessing, renaming it the Al Maktoum Memorial Challenge

Last edited by a moderator:
assia said:
While most of the celebrations associated with this week’s festival of Eid al-Adha were cancelled because of the death of Sheikh Maktoum, his brother Sheikh Mohammed gave the horse show his blessing, renaming it the Al Maktoum Memorial Challenge

thank you!
I wish we'd seen this article sooner.

Not only did the event have Sheikh Muhammad's blessing, he renamed it himself in memory of his brother.

Sometimes I feel that people should use some common sense rather than go on speculating endlessly. There's no way Haya would'v been there without her husband's approval.

This should put an end to the Haya-bashing (for now)

Last edited:
I wish MO didn't canceled the shopping festival in Dubai and just renamed it in memory of his brother :D .

and no bashing for princess Haya :D finaly we know who is fault in all the misunderstand ;)

Second phase of school projects announced
By a staff reporter

8 February 2006

DUBAI — Her Highness Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, has announced the second phase of the public school renovation project launched in Dubai last year...

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarticle.asp?section=theuae&xfile=data/theuae/2006/february/theuae_february214.xml

NO ESCAPE FROM HUNGER FOR MOST IN MALAWI 2/8/2006
by HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein

Margarita Julius is a widow and cares for her two children as well as five orphans. She had not only lost a husband but also four of her own children. She and the surviving kids are coping thanks to the food aid they receive. Her remaining hope is that they will all be educated and reach adulthood....

http://www.princesshaya.net/App/Public/News/ViewNews.asp

(It is the first article on the page)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom