Princess Haya current events 1: February 2003-February 8, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Personally, I think she has really hit the mark with the dark clothing and her dark hair. It's very, very flattering to her."

Agreed, she was probably just enjoying herself aftershe got marriage, hence the fact she put on quite a bit of weight and didn't seem that interested in her appearance. She seems to have turned herself around though and it looking great.

Dark hair definitely suits her better than blonde, toned down make up makes her look a lot more demure... definitely an improvement on some of her other looks...

~*~Humera~*~ said:
does anyone feel that Haya will become pregnant in 2006?
I'd love to see her as a mommy.

I sure hope she does. That would be great if she did.

How old is her husband ( the father of her baby) in 2006, 57???
Poor child not materily but you know...

Iman said:
How old is her husband ( the father of her baby) in 2006, 57???
Poor child not materily but you know...
:p

We can't choose our parents :p but i think Haya would be an especially loving mother, especilly growing up as she did.

lizz70 said:
:p

We can't choose our parents :p but i think Haya would be an especially loving mother, especilly growing up as she did.

Definitly. I think she will be a great mother.

princess Haya now the wife of the ruler of dubai , after the death of sheik Maktom .

Iman said:
Sheikh Maktoum Is Died.
Princess Haya Is Now The Wife Of The Ruler Of Dubai...

mh I heard it in the news too - in australia they said.

does she get another title now?or will it stay princess?

the new ruler of Dubai...

original caption from DPA : Dubai s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum and his wife Princess Haya Bint Al-Hussein of Jordan attend the Arabian Night desert party , two days before the Dubai World Cup horse race , in Dubai on March 24 , 2005. It has been now a year 12 April that Sheikh Mohammed married Princess Haya. They appeared at this party holding hands , which is quite rare among Arab leaders. A year after her marriage , Princess Haya looks quite happy and in love.

Princess Haya looks quite happy and in love.

And why not? She has what she wants. ;)

Yes, I think she looks good in that picture, good for her!

Ireland's Jessica Kurten (C) celebrates with the first-place trophy presented by Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein (L), wife of Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai, in the Grand Prix at the Al Maktoum Memorial Challenge, the World's Richest Show Jumping Event, in Dubai January 13, 2006.

from newscom

Attachments

• rtrlive180526.jpg
    rtrlive180526.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 337
  • rtrlive180535.jpg
    rtrlive180535.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 383
Beautiful. I love the second picture. Haya is lovely as it is but she looks striking in dark shades.

nice pics - i wish we could see her whole outfit. she looks 500 times better with darker hair.

Thanks for the pictures, were they taken after the recent Royal death in Dubai?

She Had no respect to the Death of Sheikh Maktoum, The wholw Shopping festival was canceled and she went ahead with the chamionship and the AlMaktoums were still receiving condolences.
She will Never feel the sandness in our hearts and how people were hurt with the SUDDEN death of Sheikh Maktoum she could of postponed it atleast like everything else, Nothing is more important than Dubai shopping festival and it was still canceled. How could she ever be one of the UAE community!!!!!!!!!!! Never

Was there a determined length by the UAE royal court for the mourning period? In some European courts, following the death of a family member (especially if he or she was a reigning monarch), an official mourning period is determined, perhaps for a few weeks after the death or a month or two. During this time members of the royal family still carry out royal duties but are dressed somberly when doing so.

Also, perhaps were the Championships something that she absolutely could not miss? It might've been something she committed to months in advance and could not back down from it, which might've let others down if she had.

People mourn in different ways and I don't think it's fair to accuse of her being unsympathetic to the loss of the Sheik because she chose to attend an event. In private she might be very sad or upset over the loss but in public puts on a brave face.

Alexandria said:
Was there a determined length by the UAE royal court for the mourning period? In some European courts, following the death of a family member (especially if he or she was a reigning monarch), an official mourning period is determined, perhaps for a few weeks after the death or a month or two. During this time members of the royal family still carry out royal duties but are dressed somberly when doing so.

Also, perhaps were the Championships something that she absolutely could not miss? It might've been something she committed to months in advance and could not back down from it, which might've let others down if she had.

People mourn in different ways and I don't think it's fair to accuse of her being unsympathetic to the loss of the Sheik because she chose to attend an event. In private she might be very sad or upset over the loss but in public puts on a brave face.

Yes the UAE determined 40 Days mourning and the DUBAI SHOPPING FESTIVAL was cancelled all events were cancelled and the shopping festival was postponed to December....
Its Not a matter of being Sad or happy i doubt she would be sad but its a matter of respect...She should of postponed it out of respect the country that she lives in....
I dont think there is something more important than the dubai shopping festival even if she was comitted. She wont let anyone down she lives in a country where everyone was sad the loss of the ruler and it was sudden and shocking it wasnt something that people expected.
I doubt if her father doed she would of done it so soon..
the mouring period was 40 days and when she did it it was less than one week or one week and the AlMaktoums were receiving condolences from people around the world

Alexandria said:

thats true.
Princess Haya even has a message about the death and a bio on the front page of her website: http://princesshaya.net

The event is called the Al Maktoum Memorial challenge, the world's richest showjumping event and is the Princess' brainchild.
Even then, you can be sure that if it had been possible to cancel it or if she and her husband had thought it inappropriate, Haya wouldn't have been there in the first place. I doubt she'd go out of her way to purposely antagonize anyone, least of all her own husband who has recently lost a brother.
She was obviously there with Sheikh Muhammad's approval.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thats true.
Princess Haya even has a message about the death and a bio on the front page of her website: http://princesshaya.net

This is the least she can do for the country that she loves in and offered her everything

~*~Humera~*~ said:
The event is called the Al Maktoum Memorial challenge, the world's richest showjumping event and is the Princess' brainchild.

This Chanllenge has been there since more than 10 years its not the Princess's BRAINCHILD AT ALL

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Even then, you can be sure that if it had been possible to cancel it or if she and her husband had thought it inappropriate, Haya wouldn't have been there in the first place. I doubt she'd go out of her way to purposely antagonize anyone, least of all her own husband who has recently lost a brother.
She was obviously there with Sheikh Muhammad's approval.

Haya is incharge of this chanllege totally....
The DUBAI shopping festival was canceld i think this is more important not to cancel as dubai lost Billions theses days out of closing everything this period of time Eid Time where the hotels are so full and people come to visit dubai during that period of time...Plus the Dubai Financial market also Lost 3 billions during the days it was closed....
So Postponing teh chanllenge wont make a differnce...
this things sh. Mohammed was inchge of were all cancelled of postponed...
I Bet sh. Mohammed didnt have the time to even THINK of this event
i think the desicion was in Haya's hands where she went ahead with everything...
But to be honest with you i am glad she did it...
this is one of the points which will be taken against her ;) in dubai

The Al Maktoum Memorial Challenge is an incredible new equestrian event for Dubai. This International Show Jumping competition will see riders from across the globe battling for the world’s highest price prize money. It is supported by its President, HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, wife of HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
http://www.almaktoumchallenge.com/about.html

And after the international exposure created by the Al Maktoum Memorial Challenge - the brainchild of Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, wife of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, the future for equestrian sports in the region is certainly bright.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Displayarticle.asp?xfile=data/sports/2006/January/sports_January320.xml&section=sports&subsection=horseracing

I don't think she would be hosting this event either if Shk Mo didn't approve it. She would really be bold to go against his wishes, and I just don't see that happening.

El Jood said:
I dont think he has the time to think of her nor the chanpionship
she should of postponed it out of respect

I think her husband forced her too, to visit this engagement. Somethimes I have a feeling that people are here from a small arabian village with thoughts of a villager!!!

And Death doesn't mean the end of the world...It is her life and I respect it, do it the same...

sommone said:
I don't think she would be hosting this event either if Shk Mo didn't approve it. She would really be bold to go against his wishes, and I just don't see that happening.

EXACTLY!!! Poor Haya it seems that no matter what she does she can never win!!! She'll have to tread more carefully now that Sheikh Mo' is the ruler.

I agree with sommone who said that Haya would not have gone ahead with this event if her husband, the country's ruler now, did not agree or grant his consent to. It is not something that I think she would've gone out and done on her own, having grown up with her father as Jordan's king, Haya would have a great sense of royal protocol and court procedures. The situation might be different had Haya been born a commoner, but she was born a royal and as such has some insight and understanding into how to proceed during these difficult times.

princessofoz said:
And Death doesn't mean the end of the world...It is her life and I respect it, do it the same...

I agree, too. Life is for the living and whether Haya had chosen not to go to the Championship would not have brought the Sheik back from the beyond. I think there are other ways to respect the deceased than by abstaining from life altogether.

Certain events are planned months or even years in advance; it is simply not practical to cancel them. (riders travel with their horses, trainers , venues are booked etc)
The Monaco F1 Grand prix went ahead shortly after Prince Rainier's demise for that very reason.

I am also conerned this thread is taking a slippery slope. Can we try and be constructive here?

There will always people here finidng her some excuses....
regadless what her mistakes are...

And unfortunately, there will always be people around to criticize her every move even when she is doing the right thing. Haya isn't some commoner as Alexandria mentioned, she is very well aware of protocol.:cool:

Last edited:
let us try to look at the matter without involving a lot of our personal emotion :D

In fact if princess Haya followed the custom she would cancel the event , it is simple as that , all people know when there is a death in some one house all the members of the house cancel their engagements untile the condolence over .
even the commoners cancel any personal events when the ruler die even if they spend a lot of money on it , maybe it is not smart thing to do but it is their way to show their respect .
I am not fan of criticism princess Haya but it is just my though , I try to understand why she didn't cancel the event if the bigest event " shopping festival " in Dubai had been canceled ?!!

I was think that people from Dubai didn't care a lot but from what I heard , she didn't do the best thing ;)

any way I hope we will see the day that princess Haya accept from people of Dubai :)

I'm just curious on what the people of Dubai think of Princess Haya as a member of the Maktoum family.

I read from newspaper that Sheikha Hind received the condolence. Was princess Haya with her. I don't know.

I don't know if Princess Haya has "direct face to face contact" with sheikha Hind. But i'm certainly sure that they have a "closely contact" with each other ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom