The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Ruling Families of the United Arab Emirates > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Thanks Lyonnaise for posting the photos...I would have loved to read the interview.

Old 04-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyonnaise
Caption:
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES: TO GO WITH AFP STORY: "LIFESTYLE-UAE-JORDAN-ROYALS" Princess Haya bint Al-Hussein of Jordan and wife of Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum gives an interview to AFP in Dubai 17 April 2005. One year after her marriage, princess Haya believes Emirati women are an example to Arabs of how to combine modernity and tradition. In her first interview with Western media since the wedding, Princess Haya, told AFP of her belief that women can be modern and still respect Arab and Muslim traditions, as they do in the United Arab Emirates. AFP PHOTO/RABIH MOGHRABI (Photo credit should read RABIH MOGHRABI/AFP/Getty Images)
thanks a lot fpr these pictures , are they new ? can you plz post that interview

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 04-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Courtier

I think this is the interview.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...section=theuae
Old 04-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by La la
thanx a lot :) well what can i say nice intreview
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 04-17-2005, 10:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
thanx a lot :) you didn't like it
No, I hadn't read it when I posted it. I thought it was an interview she had given to the local papers after the 'actual interview'. But it seems to be the 'actual interview' because it's mentioned it's from AFP.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Princess Haya bint Al-Hussein of Jordan and wife of Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum visits a school in Dubai. One year after her marriage, princess Haya believes Emirati women are an example to Arabs of how to combine modernity and tradition.(AFP/Rabih Moghrabi)
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

more pics from Getty
Haya looks so pretty and radiant. If only she'd do something about her hair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	52641149.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	127360   Click image for larger version

Name:	52641155.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	127361   Click image for larger version

Name:	52641177.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	127362   Click image for larger version

Name:	52641180.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	127363  

Name:	52641187.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	127364   Click image for larger version

Name:	52641190.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	127365   Click image for larger version

Name:	52641192.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	127366   Click image for larger version

Name:	52641199.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	127367  

Name:	52641206.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	127368  
Old 04-18-2005, 12:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
more pics from Getty

I agree...I think she needs to go back to being a brunette. I think I would like to see her hair a tad bit shorter too.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
more pics from Getty
Thanks for posting these Humera...and I didn;t get an opportunity to thank you for the additional posts of QN you posted, I do not wish to miss that opportunity once again, therefore I thank you for those too.

-Eliza
Old 04-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Princess Haya bint Al-Hussein of Jordan and wife of Dubai's Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid al-Maktoum visits a school in Dubai. One year after her marriage, princess Haya believes Emirati women are an example to Arabs of how to combine modernity and tradition.(AFP/Rabih Moghrabi)

She look so happy, and she's got that glow, - just what QN was talking about in her last interview, it's obvious she's in love, never seen her so beautiful be4e-:) :) PS- I like her hair, I prefer her blonde than brunette-
Old 04-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Courtier

Thanx humera for the pictures of Haya , she looks realy amazing I didn't see her look good for along time .
Old 04-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Could someone please translate this article?? It seems Haya visited some ladies and children this month.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	128334  
Attached Images

Old 04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Courtier

The main subject that she was in prowl on all centers for special needs and the Rashid center one of those centers that she visited .
Old 04-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Could someone please translate this article?? It seems Haya visited some ladies and children this month.
there are pictures of the event on the first page of this thread:)
Old 04-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Last week, Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, wife of Dubai Crown Prince and UAE Defence Minister General Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, visited the Asma bint Abi Bakr Holy Quran Memorisation Centre, which teaches the Holy Quran to women. Princess Haya has been named the Centre’s honorary chairperson.

WAM

Saturday, April 23, 2005
Old 05-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Courtier

New Pictures of Princess Haya
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	drtfgbhn.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	139766   Click image for larger version

Name:	e45rtygh.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	139767   Click image for larger version

Name:	rtfyghj.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	139768   Click image for larger version

Name:	tghjk.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	139769  

Name:	rdtfghjk.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	139770  
Old 05-10-2005, 12:42 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrosemrk
New Pictures of Princess Haya
thanx for the pix ! - I wonder , if Hayah can wear colourful clothes and a white veil, or whatever is name for it , why are all women in UAE, I saw it in other pix, too, ALL wearing black, black and black...... ????? then, as Hayah has never worn Jordanian clothes, I've always seen her wearing western clothes such as jeans ,T- shirt etc., must she wear like that, now that she's Mo's wife ? I wonder how does she feel, as ,if she always used , even when in Jordan, to wear jeans and T- shirt , never traditional clothes, it means she rather wear western style, so I doubt she feels at ease with traditional clothes, there's something here that slips me, i can't understand Hayah, what do u all think about this issue ????-:) :)
Old 05-10-2005, 03:01 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipper
thanx for the pix ! - I wonder , if Hayah can wear colourful clothes and a white veil, or whatever is name for it , why are all women in UAE, I saw it in other pix, too, ALL wearing black, black and black...... ????? then, as Hayah has never worn Jordanian clothes, I've always seen her wearing western clothes such as jeans ,T- shirt etc., must she wear like that, now that she's Mo's wife ? I wonder how does she feel, as ,if she always used , even when in Jordan, to wear jeans and T- shirt , never traditional clothes, it means she rather wear western style, so I doubt she feels at ease with traditional clothes, there's something here that slips me, i can't understand Hayah, what do u all think about this issue ????-:) :)
Princess Haya dresses for the occasion when in public, and in accordance with Arab standards of dressing. Privately she probably wears whatever she likes. As she travels outside of Dubai she wears Western clothing when acceptable.

Princess Haya is Jordanian and just as the women of Pakistan living in Dubai dress in their colorful traditional clothing, so does she.

Citizens Dubai (men and women) wear their traditional clothing, it is a reflection of their attachments with other citizens and with their past. There is no reason any of them should change, it would be offensive to adapt a traditional dress other than your own.

I think Princess Haya is being very respectful in the way she dresses in public. Her clothing choices and options changes depending on what country she is in.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Courtier

Didn't Haya go to school abroad when she was growing up? I mean just how much time was she even in Jordan?
Old 05-14-2005, 09:50 AM
Aristocracy

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
Didn't Haya go to school abroad when she was growing up? I mean just how much time was she even in Jordan?
she went to boading school in UK when she was 11, she stayed in UK til her degree at St. hilda's College, Oxford, so she was abroad more than 10 years, after degree, she went to live in Germany to get a good orsing traning, then to Ireland and to Paris- I rarely saw her in Jordan the past 6-7 years.

Closed Thread